Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:06 pm The 1950s Wally and the Beav pic is a nice touch.
My first thought was that he(?) was starting to have gender issues.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

keith wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:31 am
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:06 pm The 1950s Wally and the Beav pic is a nice touch.
My first thought was that he(?) was starting to have gender issues.
Hey now. You are speaking the quiet parts out loud. :fingerwag: :nope:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I don't think that word means what Rittenhouse thinks it means.
Fox News @FoxNews wrote: ‘View’ host Sunny Hostin compares Alex Murdaugh to Kyle Rittenhouse: 'Wealthy white guy dynasty'
"The View" co-host Sunny Hostin claimed that murder trial defendant Alex Murdaugh reminded her of Kyle Rittenhouse, because both men testified in their own trials.
Kyle Rittenhouse @ThisIsKyleR wrote: So clearly the defamation hasn't stopped from the View 👀
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:06 pm Grifty McGrifterson looking to hit $110k by the end of the month. I would :lol: but he's already passed $92k, so it's definitely within reach.
https://twitter.com/ThisIsKyleR/status/ ... 64896?s=20
Kyle Rittenhouse @ThisIsKyleR wrote: Thank you everyone who continues to donate and help me fight this civil lawsuit. Please help me get to 110k before the end of the month to pay off my outstanding balance I have with my lawyers thank you so much for all the help and https://givesendgo.com/KyleRittenhouse
Sitting at $138,722 with a few days left to go, met his goal and then some.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Unless the ACTUAL goal was a couple of million, but they lowballed it to show how people love Kuddly Kyle.
Hic sunt dracones
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:06 pm I don't think that word means what Rittenhouse thinks it means.
Fox News @FoxNews wrote: ‘View’ host Sunny Hostin compares Alex Murdaugh to Kyle Rittenhouse: 'Wealthy white guy dynasty'
"The View" co-host Sunny Hostin claimed that murder trial defendant Alex Murdaugh reminded her of Kyle Rittenhouse, because both men testified in their own trials.
Kyle Rittenhouse @ThisIsKyleR wrote: So clearly the defamation hasn't stopped from the View 👀
You'd think for all the money his grifter lawyers are making they'd at least explain in to him. What am I saying that would take scruples and that's bad for business.
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kyle Rittenhouse Pleads for Donations, Says 'Legal Bills Are Piling Up'

BY GIULIA CARBONARO
ON 2/22/23 AT 8:12 AM EST

Kyle Rittenhouse, who killed two men at a protest in Kenosha when he was 17 years old, is pleading for donations as he faces new lawsuits over the shootings.

Rittenhouse was found not guilty of all charges at his criminal trial, but is now being sued by the family of one of the men he shot dead in August 2020 and by Gaige Grosskreutz, whom he injured.

The 20-year-old, who became something of a poster boy for conservatives after the shootings in Wisconsin and his acquittal, wrote on his Twitter account on Tuesday: "I am being sued again by Gaige as well as the Huber family now. The legal bills are piling up and I need your help." He added a link to a fundraising platform.

https://www.newsweek.com/kyle-rittenhou ... ng-1782940

raison de arizona

He’s at $205k.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So about $10,000 a day for the last week. Nothing to sniff at normally, but probably not the YUGE amount he likely hoped for.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

IFF the lawyers don't use all of it, there will at least be some leftovers for the plaintiffs.
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Folks might be interested: MoJo reporter actually attended his Conroe TX appearance for this story, titled "Kyle Rittenhouse, the MAGA Star that Wasn't".

Also reports this tidbit:
The Media Accountability Project didn’t last a year. Nevada corporate records show it was officially dissolved in January 2023. I asked McMurtry whether he’d filed any suits on behalf of Rittenhouse. “We haven’t filed any suits at this point,” he admitted. Any plans to file suits? “That’s confidential.”
raison de arizona

He's laughing all the way to the bank. He raised $630k on his first round, and is up to $220k so far on his second round.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

A few days old...

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

neonzx wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:11 am A few days old...

I mean, just to nitpick the video's title, ranting over and over again about KR is not exposing him, it's just ranting. Nevermind that I agree with the dude, but I went all but the last 30 seconds through the video and I don't see where anything was 'exposed'.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:01 am
I mean, just to nitpick the video's title, ranting over and over again about KR is not exposing him, it's just ranting. Nevermind that I agree with the dude, but I went all but the last 30 seconds through the video and I don't see where anything was 'exposed'.
I agree with Ben. There was nothing in that video that we haven't seen over and over again. There's nothing there that isn't public knowledge.

I was very dissapointed when he was acquitted. He inserted himself into a situation where he had no business being, with a weapon that he really shouldn't have had, he took actions that were not justified and someone died because of his actions. To me, that makes him culpable for a crime.

I consider myself a liberal or a progressive, but it bothers me when even people I agree with resort to such breathless scare-headlines. Not everything is "breaking news". Nor is it an "expose". That doesn't mean that we shouldn't have the conversation, but let's keep it rational and civil, which is something that the radical right seems unwilling or unable to do.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kyle Rittenhouse says that he empathizes with Trump because he was also persecuted. Ted Nugent, who just spoke at Trump’s last rally, then claims that Michelle Obama is really a man and the Obama kids are adopted.
:crazy:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:cantlook: even if the kids were purportedly adopted, they seem to be quite happy in their lifes - something that this boy does not seem to be.

Hint: they have also received an education that the boy must be ignorant of.
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/ThisIsKyleR/status/ ... 20099?s=20
Kyle Rittenhouse @ThisIsKyleR wrote: They came after me for self defense. I've since said that if they come after me, not a public figure, just a random American kid, that they will come after you, too.

They are now coming after a former president of the US. If they come after him. I promise you, they will come after you.
Promises, promises.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Random American kids don’t kill and maim, or have I been away from kids that long?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I will say this again -- if he was there to be a helper/medic, he could have saved a lot of money simply buying a RedCross vest. No, instead, he slung a weapon of war over his shoulder.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:51 pm I will say this again -- if he was there to be a helper/medic, he could have saved a lot of money simply buying a RedCross vest. No, instead, he slung a weapon of war over his shoulder.
Anders will be along shortly to explain in great detail why you're wrong.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:12 pm
neonzx wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:51 pm I will say this again -- if he was there to be a helper/medic, he could have saved a lot of money simply buying a RedCross vest. No, instead, he slung a weapon of war over his shoulder.
You have to kill the victim so that you can save them. :thumbsup:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Gregg wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:11 pm

The more you shoot the more opportunities to be a combat medic…

Or to run away…
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Dave from down under wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:06 pm
Gregg wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:11 pm

The more you shoot the more opportunities to be a combat medic…

Or to run away…
This is from of our USA network TV segments --it was called "Profiles in Courage" ..

that is what this reminds of.
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

I think neonzx could be right about what he says. What I would say is that it doesn't seem relevant to anything about the case. The fact that he carried a gun doesn't mean he wanted to shoot people. Plenty of people were carrying guns that night, including people on the protestor side such as Grosskreutz and Ziminski. I think the evidence shows Rittenhouse was basically well-intentioned, if unwise, and only used his weapon because he was attacked. So he had a good self-defense case.

I don't expect people to agree with me. The thing that gets me is just how little credit anyone gives to his self-defense claim. I think it should always have looked very strong.

The other thing people don't seem to me to acknowledge is just how completely unprovoked the attack on him was. There simply was no justification for Rosenbaum to attack him. Strip away partisan side-taking, and it all started with a criminal attacking a decent (if kind of dumb) kid with intent to do him harm.

Return to “Other weirdos”