Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

Post by Maybenaut »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:10 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:08 pm To be clear, Rittenhouse had already dropped out of high school prior to the shooting. He had also attempted to join the Marines, who refused to take him for reasons they cannot release due to privacy laws.
:think:
...To enlist as a Marine, you must obtain your high school diploma...

https://www.marines.com/become-a-marine ... neral.html
A GED is an acceptable substitute for a diploma. From that same website:
The Armed Service Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test is a multiple-choice test taken by all who aspire to become Marines. To pass the test, aspiring Marines must achieve a score of 31 or higher, and those with nontraditional degrees or a GED must score at least a 50. The test covers a range of subjects from arithmetic to electronics to mechanical comprehension. This measures the ability of aspiring Marines to adapt and overcome any threat or obstacle on current and future battlefields.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:17 pm A GED is an acceptable substitute for a diploma. From that same website:
Maybenaut!!!! :wave: :banana:
101010 :towel:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:26 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:17 pm A GED is an acceptable substitute for a diploma. From that same website:
:bighug:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:54 pm
northland10 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:26 pm
:bighug:
HELLO!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:56 pm This Seattle Times article from August of 2020 said he had tried to join the Marines the previous January. That would have put him right at 17 years old. I don't know when he got his diploma, and I don't know whether his diploma from the online school would have been qualifying, and I don't know whether he took the ASVAB or if he did, whether his scores were high enough with or without a diploma or GED. But at 17, assuming he had a clean record and his parents consent, it was likely his education that disqualified him. But, as I said, I'm speculating.
According to a social media tweet, he earned the Penn Foster diploma while awaiting trial. I once embedded that tweet, which had an image of the diploma, in a post, but KR seems to have purged that account so the tweet no longer visible. Still, google image search for "rittenhouse penn foster diploma" turned up the old image from the fogbow post! It's small and blurry but looks like the date was August 18, 2021.

In any case definitely well after that Jan 2020 enlistment attempt.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

America's Best Christian says...

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Danraft wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:17 pm TAMU is maybe a good match for him as it does not have any large city (Houston being the closest) mentality to distract from coursework.
I think this kid desperately needs some distractions.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

He's so edgy.
Kyle Rittenhouse @ThisIsKyleR wrote: Come and take ‘em, Joe.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Well, weii, but he does realize that he will not carry that gun thru tbe streets?
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:43 pm Well, weii, but he does realize that he will not carry that gun thru tbe streets?
I just got a nightmare image.. because he is such a sympathetic figure on the right, I would not be surprised if he could find a sympathetic judge (like the one in his trial) and the funding to actually get an automatic weapon like that and, in states that have open carry, he might be able to. Well, at least after a year or two since the backlog on those transfers is really long.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

If he seriously goes to some body building exercises to become a mini-rambo...

Just seeing the boy on video i guess the Marines recruiting officers considered him unfit for boot camp.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:07 pm If he seriously goes to some body building exercises to become a mini-rambo...

Just seeing the boy on video i guess the Marines recruiting officers considered him unfit for boot camp.
I dunno. They allegedly took J.D. Vance, and he doesn't look fit to me.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well the Marines took a look at him, and found that there was way too much energy being diverted to his eyebrow muscles. So they know he would not be able to develop the rest of his body as it was being starved.
Hic sunt dracones
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

He's what, 20 now? I don't think he's going to live to see 25. Mouthy, confrontational, abusive, and around loaded firearms at all times. What could possibly go wrong? :shrug:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:20 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:07 pm If he seriously goes to some body building exercises to become a mini-rambo...

I dunno. They allegedly took J.D. Vance, and he doesn't look fit to me.
According to the Wikipedia bio Vance was not rambo and served in a supporting role ("performing public affairs activities"). He also displays some intellectual capacity: he finished university studies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._D._Vance?wprov=sfla1
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Yeah, JD was hardly in the Infantry. Also too, Middletown, Ohio where he grew up is solidly middle class and his portrayal of it as "Appalachia Dirt Colony North" aren't true. I totally relate to his roots, my family as you all know is from Greenup County, Kentucky squarely in the middle of Appalachia, the water tasted like Sulphur from the well and the air smelled like coal. My grandmother had a parking lot (its a big family, really) and instead of regular pea gravel it was ground up coal more or less.

But I, like JD, was the first generation born and raised in the big city, contrary to the legends I was born in a hospital in Cincinnati and have never actually lived in Greenup County, my only Kentucky address was at Ft Campbell. Don't tell anyone.

But JD was born in the very modern Middletown Hospital, not some dirt floor in Hazard County. He lived in a suburb not some mining camp out past Argillite. He went to Middletown High School, The Ohio State University and Yale (a virtual negative of my education which includes Michigan and Harvard) . He's a snotty little kid who made up stories about how a generation before him might have lived, and he apparently had a mother with a drub problem which had to be because she was weak because it couldn't be something to do with getting 400 Oki-contin for a hang nail.

Sorry, JD is one of my triggers, because since he did grow up real close to me and has a similar cultural background, he just gets on my last nerve.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:39 am Sorry, JD is one of my triggers, because since he did grow up real close to me and has a similar cultural background, he just gets on my last nerve.
I share entirely zero aspects of the guy's background (or yours, though I did date a lovely nurse from Kentucky for awhile). And yet, J.D. Vance gets on *my* last nerve for the same reason Cruz, Cotton, Hawley, DeSantis, and all these other Ivy League or equivalently educated faux-populists do. Even more than Trump, in some ways (if only because despite Wharton, I don't consider him Ivy League-educated because of the implicit meaning of 'educated'). These assholes are political and intellectual predators. And they debase entirely the reason of and meaning for the universities they attended -- to elevate discourse and provide well-educated humans to serve their fellow citizens.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm convinced Trump bought every test he ever took, and in the 60s that totally happened at places like UPenn (I will not say Wharton which is the Graduate School of Business), Harvard, Yale etc.. where rich legacies might have been a little out of depth. Legend is Kenny O'Donnel wrote every paper ever graded with JFKs name on it, but I don't have pics to prove it.

Anyhow, and this is my admitttedly biased view, Harvard, Brown, Columbia and Dartmouth are Liberal schools, Yale, UPenn, Princeton and Cornell are Conservative schools.

Kennedys and Adams and Roosevelts on the left, Tafts and Bush's and Vanderbilts and Paul Krugman to the right.

arayder

Post by arayder »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:33 pm I'm convinced Trump bought every test he ever took, and in the 60s that totally happened at places like UPenn (I will not say Wharton which is the Graduate School of Business), Harvard, Yale etc.. where rich legacies might have been a little out of depth. Legend is Kenny O'Donnel wrote every paper ever graded with JFKs name on it, but I don't have pics to prove it.. . .
I recall reading somewhere that one of Trump's college classmates described him as being the kind of guy who was only interested in learning enough stuff to pass the exams. He was supposed to have scoffed at the students who wanted to master the subject at hand. He was supposed to have crammed for exams the day or the night before and as he did he constantly asked his classmates, who had been paying attention all semester, something to the effect of, "What questions are going to be asked and what are the answers."

--------------
Dope Clock II: It's been 362 days since Bobby Menard announced plans to create "Artists Valley". So far all he has done is lie through his teeth.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Rittenhouse's girlfriend has been posting TikToks about their love.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:33 pm I'm convinced Trump bought every test he ever took, and in the 60s that totally happened at places like UPenn (I will not say Wharton which is the Graduate School of Business), Harvard, Yale etc.. where rich legacies might have been a little out of depth. Legend is Kenny O'Donnel wrote every paper ever graded with JFKs name on it, but I don't have pics to prove it.

Anyhow, and this is my admitttedly biased view, Harvard, Brown, Columbia and Dartmouth are Liberal schools, Yale, UPenn, Princeton and Cornell are Conservative schools.

Kennedys and Adams and Roosevelts on the left, Tafts and Bush's and Vanderbilts and Paul Krugman to the right.
Yeah, degrees from such schools are such crap shoots. They have amazing resources, but if you have the cash you can bypass pretty much everything and spend your time networking instead.

And yeah, I would include Wharton in that. Weird little mix of extremely expensive diploma mill and great research. I can recall talking to CMU people about Wharton and how they had a reputation as 'Wharton Whiners' since they complained about things but didn't have any of the needed skills to actually DO anything about anything. They were basically walking social connections.

Though I should probably be careful what I say since I have submitted my resume for a couple positions within Wharton over the last few days....
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

They were basically walking social connections.
:winner:

It is a maxim that it is much harder to get into an Ivy League School than it is to get out.

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neeneko wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:31 pm And yeah, I would include Wharton in that. Weird little mix of extremely expensive diploma mill and great research. I can recall talking to CMU people about Wharton and how they had a reputation as 'Wharton Whiners' since they complained about things but didn't have any of the needed skills to actually DO anything about anything. They were basically walking social connections.
Slightly related...

I remember during the reform/eliminate welfare craze of the 90s, there was a constant right-wing whine calling welfare and similar things "entitlements" and those receiving it were said to have an entitlement mentaility. I found that annoying and ironic since some of the biggest entitlement mentality I saw, through teaching, was from upper-middle-class white surburbanites.
101010 :towel:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

northland10 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:11 am I remember during the reform/eliminate welfare craze of the 90s, there was a constant right-wing whine calling welfare and similar things "entitlements" and those receiving it were said to have an entitlement mentaility. I found that annoying and ironic since some of the biggest entitlement mentality I saw, through teaching, was from upper-middle-class white surburbanites.
Well, the core of their belief and ethics is built around the 'natural order' and entitlements.. they are not against the idea, but have rather specific notions about who is entitled to what.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:09 pm
They were basically walking social connections.
:winner:

It is a maxim that it is much harder to get into an Ivy League School than it is to get out.
Heh. Makes me wish I had made better use of it than I did. I think pretty much everyone I interacted with has either left the country or is retired now.

Return to “Other weirdos”