Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:32 am Why doesn't he just admit, when the MAGA movement grinds to a halt, as all such movements must, he'll be living in a refrigerator box under a freeway overpass, roasting pigeons on a coat hanger over a can of Sterno and drinking Boone's Farm Apple Wine? :think:
Knowing this little [expletive deleted] stain, he'll roast the bird over burning Boone's farm and drink the sterno....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

In my yoot I worked at a liquor store in Southern California. This was a high-class store, not the hole-in-the-wall that sells half-pint and pint flasks throughout the day and the customer just says, "Don't need a bag; I'll just wear it out" as he slips the flask into his rear pocket.

We stocked Boone's Farm in all its flavors. It was a standing rule to ID anyone buying Boone's Farm. I recall one very attractive young lady came into the store one Saturday night dressed like her mother. Straight skirt at the knees, conservative blouse, modest pumps, hair neatly arranged. I'm waiting and trying to guess her age in case she wants to buy alcohol. Sure enough, she comes to the counter with several bottle of Boone's. I gotta check her ID. She cheerfully presented me with her driver license. Picture and height matched. Oops! She was 19!

I don't think I would have carded her if she purchased a fifth of Chivas Regal or Crown Royal, though.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Off Topic
". . . I don't need no diamond ring, I don't need no Cadillac car, just want to drink my Ripple wine down in the Lightnin' Bar . . "
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Zima

All I'm gonna say.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I have a distinct memory of my college roommate overindulging on Mad Dog 20/20. :shock: Not good. Part of the growing up college experience.

(At this point, I guess this thread jack should move to the https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1253 thread.)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Roger Stone had MAGA rapper ‘Mint Chip’ on his podcast today: “I’m working with Kyle Rittenhouse. We’re making a video game and it’s gonna be great. We’re shooting ‘Fake News’ turkeys. He’s gonna sue the media, and we’re creating a video game to fund those lawsuits.”
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

They STILL have not completed this simplistic game? It was announced and available for pre-order back in June -- more than 4 months ago.

http://www.rittenhousegame.com
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:47 pm They STILL have not completed this simplistic game? It was announced and available for pre-order back in June -- more than 4 months ago.

http://www.rittenhousegame.com
Awesome, I mean the online purchasing. Two offers for the same, chose $3.50 or at $9.99 :blackeye:

When going to checkout, they don't confirm what you buy, they just collect your details and credit card number details :blackeye: :blackeye:

Never hear of the company "Mint Studios is the leading game development studio, ready to develop any large scale games for influential people that tackle serious worldly issues. Battling against the fear or worry of removal. We put privacy first, and refuse to deplatform any legal content."

found: Formation Date 2022-03-10 as "THE MINT STUDIOS AZ LLC"

I wonder how long it takes for this company to catch up on its near namesake "MINT STANDARD STUDIOS LLC"
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

He paid $8 for a blue checkmark.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

He went from a nobody to getting lots of press and any press makes you somebody. It is hard to make a case for defamation. Were it not for the folks who allegedly defamed him, he would not be nearly as well known and getting support from more right-wingers.

What are the possibilities that the families of the victims could have a successful wrongful death case?
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

northland10 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:55 pm He went from a nobody to getting lots of press and any press makes you somebody. It is hard to make a case for defamation. Were it not for the folks who allegedly defamed him, he would not be nearly as well known and getting support from more right-wingers.

What are the possibilities that the families of the victims could have a successful wrongful death case?
Sandmann reportedly settled in the 7 figures with a few media outlets. I'm sure he anticipates the same. No idea if he will get it, but I would hope no. It's a different situation, Sandmann had facts misrepresented. I'm not so sure Rittenhouse does, he's just quibbling over being called a murderer.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

northland10 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:55 pm He went from a nobody to getting lots of press and any press makes you somebody. It is hard to make a case for defamation.
Yup: Like it or not, Rittenhouse likely will be found to be an involuntary public figure, meaning actual malice will kick in.

And calling a killer (which Rittenhouse undisputedly is) a "murderer" is pretty obvious non-actionable opinion.
At least one such suit has been filed (by Huber's family). And I'd say decent. See, e.g., Simpson, O.J.

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:21 pmSandmann reportedly settled in the 7 figures with a few media outlets.
"Reportedly" is doing all the work there. There's also speculation they were settled for (admittedly, non-trivial) nuisance values.

But, yes: Rittenhouse likely is dreaming of big dollars.
Image ImageImage
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

I hope his lawyer is being paid on a retainer plus $$$$/6minute

And that at the end Sneeze Cry Killer is penniless and loses in court.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Kyle is going "Q"
6gjwrvjr700a1.jpg
6gjwrvjr700a1.jpg (54.37 KiB) Viewed 731 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

ThisIsKyleR wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:17 pm Timing is everything. ⏰

Rittenhouse hires Sandmann lawyer, plans to file 10 defamation lawsuits | American Military News
Note the linked news story is from June 3, 2022. No lawsuits have yet materialized.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Where is McMurtry going to file the defamation lawsuits he claimed would be filed way back in June? According to his firm's website, he is only a member of the bar in Ohio and Kentucky. He is going to have to try and get local counsel and PHV wherever Rittenhouse is, or in NY/DC.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

bob wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:29 pm
northland10 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:55 pm What are the possibilities that the families of the victims could have a successful wrongful death case?
At least one such suit has been filed (by Huber's family). And I'd say decent. See, e.g., Simpson, O.J.
For completeness, the docket.
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/60 ... er-v-beth/
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

bob wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:29 pm
Huber's father's lawsuit originally targeted only the Kenosha police and public officials. The thrust of the complaint is that the police violated civil rights of protestors by disparate treatment favoring the white armed civilians over the BLM protestor group because of race and that this directly allowed Rittenhouse to fire indiscriminately at protestors (as the complaint represents it), killing Huber. A year later, they added as co-defendants the many other (seven if I recall) municipalities' police departments which also participated that night, and Rittenhouse himself.

So Rittenhouse will have many co-defendants, it's not just a wrongful death action against him personally. I guess the case will have to identify his individual liability, though.

I believe Rittenhouse was acquitted of all charges because he had a strong self-defense case on the evidence available. I know the burden of proof is lower in civil trial, but the same facts will be present, so for that reason I wouldn't bet on it succeeding. Not a lawyer, though.

There are several motions to dismiss pending from various police departments and, I now see on the linked docket, Rittenhouse's team. From a youtuber, I know that one filed some time ago argues among other things that Huber can't claim any violation of his civil rights because, as a white person, he was not a member of a protected class. I find that a little interesting, given that the claim of civil rights violation based on race has a central role in the complaint.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kyle Rittenhouse @ThisIsKyleR wrote: Thank you ⁦⁦⁦to the #2A caucus co-chairs @RepBoebert⁩ and ⁦@RepThomasMassie⁩ for a wonderful evening. #gunrights
Kyle Rittenhouse meets with House GOP members | The Hill wrote: Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager acquitted of homicide related to the killing of two people in Kenosha, Wis., during a 2020 protest there, met with a group of House Republicans in the Second Amendmen…
Kyle Rittenhouse @ThisIsKyleR wrote: T-minus 5 years until I call this place my office?
💪🇺🇸💼
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

He still looks like a hand puppet.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Who is willing to offer him a stint as an intern?

Or is a college degree expected? :twisted:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm gonna be a medic; I'm gonna be a nurse; I'm in school in AZ; I'm in school at A&M; I'm not really in school at A&M; I'm gonna be a pilot; I'm gonna be a game creator; I'm gonna be a fireman...
I am the Eggman

Goo goo goo joob

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Do janitors have offices?

Return to “Other weirdos”