Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

Post by raison de arizona »

andersweinstein wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:54 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:25 pm And the grift sputters on...
But he is certainly right that the excerpted mini-narrative misrepresents the facts, isn't he?

- It was *always* highly debatable whether his possession was illegal and ultimately the possession charge was dismissed.
- The police didn't "deputize" the armed citizens. They might just have tolerated them because what they were doing was legal.
- It is really gross to say Rittenhouse just fired indiscriminately at citizens on the street. He manifestly fired only at people who attacked him after trying and failing to flee and a jury ultimately found his self-defense case good enough to acquit him of all charges.
- This also makes play with the picture of Rittenhouse as a carpetbagger who traveled, perhaps armed, from another state, when in fact he had ties to Kenosha and didn't even make the short trip to his job then best friend's house for the purpose of attending the protests.

I don't think much of post-acquittal Kyle's choices, but I don't begrudge him resentment at the wrong done to him by sources still wallowing in the fact-free myths of the case like these.
This has nothing to do with any of that. This is raising money for his defense against a civil suit.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Dave from down under wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:07 pm What neeneko says..

Plus Killer Baby Face got to perform* on a National stage, been feted by fascists and picked up some cool $.

All that for just killing two and maiming a third.

* who can forget his epic sneeze cry performance :faint:
:yeahthat:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Fact: He shot a man who was down repeatedly.
Fact: He walked off. Didn't flinch at killing. Didn't offer aid.
Fact: Lied about almost everything, including his reason for being there.

Them's some facts.

He's being lauded by people who wish they too could get away with murder. Huzzah.
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:07 pm
This has nothing to do with any of that. This is raising money for his defense against a civil suit.
I was responding to the second tweet in the fundraising plea, the one that begins "Shockingly, partisan lawyers continue to misrepresent fundamental facts and purposefully omit details to harass, demean and politiize and innocent young man. Here are a few examples..." followed by quotes which I presume are from the lawsuit. I was saying that his view of these statements seems 100% correct to me.

The reason the Rittenhouse case was so interesting to me is because I regard it is a case where the bulk of the misinformation is on the liberal side -- *my* political side, which is why I care. The mythical view of what happened in the statements quoted in the Tweet is typical. I think there are huge swaths of liberal media operating within informational bubbles in which it is simply axiomatic that he was a racist or a white supremacist or something like what the hallucinated narrative above alleges. Facts and evidence don't make any dent in this. It's fake news on the liberal side.

For a better expression of this view of media coverage than I could ever write myself, I would strongly recommend this piece by Jesse Singal. It contains links to a couple of his contemporaneous pieces within it which I also think were very insightful from the get go.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Yes "the media" is why people's eyebrows hit the ceiling at claims that a skateboard is a lethal weapon, and the guy claiming to be a medic never offered any medical aid to the people he "was forced" to shoot. :roll:

Anyway, He seems to be following the well worn path followed by OJ Simpson. Found "not guilty" at trial, and getting justice served in civil court.
Hic sunt dracones
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Suranis wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:34 am Yes "the media" is why people's eyebrows hit the ceiling at claims that a skateboard is a lethal weapon, and the guy claiming to be a medic never offered any medical aid to the people he "was forced" to shoot. :roll:

Anyway, He seems to be following the well worn path followed by OJ Simpson. Found "not guilty" at trial, and getting justice served in civil court.
Let’s hope civil court provides some justice.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Justice?

How? The Civil Courts are absolutely incapable of "Justice" now in media fueled cases. If, and that's a big if, they hand down some kind of civil judgement, a cadre of flying monkeys and media whores will crowdfund it in a long weekend. Hannity will have his fake crying face on every Thursday until he pays off any judgement and has enough left over to go recover in Hawaii with a new collection of Limited Edition AR-15s.

Then the grift will start up again and the little twerp will in the end be a millionaire whose only job is guest appearances on Fox News, NRA Conventions, CPAC and the odd Cross Burning. He'll have more guns than Ft Benning and drive a Yellow Ferrari.

I'm sorry, but the fact is, being an asshole is a pretty good gig and if you don't have any other qualifications for it, killing a few people at a BLM protest looks great on your CV. Would have been better had they been black, but the kid has natural talent so he'll be fine.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

Seems a bit tasteless, but par for the course I suppose.
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Kyle Rittenhouse has started a new YouTube channel about guns.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

How to use them for fun and profit?

How to get away with murder?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
arayder

Post by arayder »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:43 pm Seems a bit tasteless, but par for the course I suppose.
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Kyle Rittenhouse has started a new YouTube channel about guns.
This should be interesting.

Most of these gun handling/how to shoot YouTube channels are hosted by experienced trainers, not teenagers. And sooner or later the subject gets around to how and when to use your gun safely and legally. One of the first rules people are taught is to avoid problematic, dangerous places and people. Don't go to that dive bar where there is a shooting or a knife fight in the parking lot every weekend. Don't go into that druggie park. Maybe don't take an AR-15 to a potentially violent protest?

I wonder how Rittenhouse is going to claim any credibility during these "don't look for trouble" segments of his YouTube?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

That gun-loving former Gilberton Police Chief Kessler used to do how to shoot videos. I was always amazed at how many times he would raise the weapon, and then stop, partially lower it and start talking. All the while, his finger was still on the trigger while he moved the weapon around.

I always wondered about the usefulness or safety of those extra large pistol magazines he would use. That has to seriously mess up the balance.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

Here's the "about" from his Youtube page:
My name is Kyle Rittenhouse. You might remember me as the kid who defended himself with a firearm during the 2020 riots in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Join me in my journey to learn everything I can about new and vintage firearms and help to defend the Second Amendment.

“Shall not be infringed.”
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:think: It also mentions something of a well regulated militia, not maurauding citizenry.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

arayder wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:29 am
I wonder how Rittenhouse is going to claim any credibility during these "don't look for trouble" segments of his YouTube?
He will point to his acquittal and his supporters

As proof that the right thing to do is whatever you want packing as much heat as you can and always,always, Fire first, Fire often and shoot to kill.

It’s patriotic!
arayder

Post by arayder »

Dave from down under wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:34 pm
arayder wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:29 am
He will point to his acquittal and his supporters

As proof that the right thing to do is whatever you want packing as much heat as you can and always,always, Fire first, Fire often and shoot to kill.

It’s patriotic!
You are probably right. And some people may support his channel out of political loyalty. But he just ain't gonna' make it as a firearms instructor.

He's a kid with a proven track record of unsafe behavior. My guess is that the older guy, Brandon, is there for content and Kyle is the show dog.

I think Trumpy fathers and mother across America rooted for Rittenhouse during his trial at the sane time they told their teenaged children to never, never do anything so stupid and irresponsible
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

arayder wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:04 am

I think Trumpy fathers and mother across America rooted for Rittenhouse during his trial at the sane time they told their teenaged children to never, never do anything so stupid and irresponsible
Except in Florida, where it's encouraged.
RTH10260 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:33 pm
Florida father and son shoot at innocent woman they thought tried to break in home, sheriff says
Florida father and son shoot at innocent woman they thought tried to break in home, sheriff says

Marlene Lenthang
Tue, October 18, 2022 at 6:54 PM·
A Florida father and his 15-year-old son were arrested on attempted murder charges for allegedly shooting at an innocent woman after they received a mixed-up package at their door and suspected a burglar was breaking in, officials said.

Gino Colonacosta, 73, and his son opened fire Saturday morning after they got a Ring doorbell notification about someone at the front door of their Winter Haven apartment around 7 a.m., Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said.

That person was a neighbor who received a medicine delivery for the Coloncostas at his home, and being “a good Samaritan” he took the medicine and hung it on the Coloncosta’s front door, Judd said.

But after receiving an alert from their Ring doorbell camera, the father and son exited their home armed with .45 caliber firearms searching for a person they suspected to be a burglar, according to the sheriff’s office.

Nearly 100 yards away, they found a woman sitting in a dark-colored vehicle with dark windows and the engine running, looking at her phone, and targeted her, Judd said.

“When she looks up and she sees Gino standing at the back of the vehicle with a gun pointed at her, screaming for her to get out of the car, she thinks, ‘He’s about to carjack me, he’s about to rob me,'” Judd said.

The woman threw her car into reverse in an attempt to back out of the way and crashed into a car behind her in the frantic escape.

The teenage son heard the commotion and neared the car and thought “our victim is trying to back into him” and he opened fire, Judd said.

Both Colonacosta and his son started shooting into the car as the woman sped away.

They shot a total of seven times. The woman was not hit, and alerted the sheriff’s office.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-fath ... 49279.html
(original NBC News)
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Off Topic
Their are worser Trumpy strongholds in Florida than Polk County, there is actually a chance that a jury of their peers will find them guilty. There are some places, like Seminole County (Zimmerman) where I would say, hang it up, they will get away with it. But in Polk County they may just find themselves being found guilty by a jury.
--Colin Kaepernick
arayder

Post by arayder »

Azastan wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:12 am

Marlene Lenthang
Tue, October 18, 2022 at 6:54 PM·
A Florida father and his 15-year-old son were arrested on attempted murder charges for allegedly shooting at an innocent woman after they received a mixed-up package at their door and suspected a burglar was breaking in, officials said.

Gino Colonacosta, 73, and his son opened fire Saturday morning after they got a Ring doorbell notification about someone at the front door of their Winter Haven apartment around 7 a.m., Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said.

That person was a neighbor who received a medicine delivery for the Coloncostas at his home, and being “a good Samaritan” he took the medicine and hung it on the Coloncosta’s front door, Judd said.

But after receiving an alert from their Ring doorbell camera, the father and son exited their home armed with .45 caliber firearms searching for a person they suspected to be a burglar, according to the sheriff’s office.

Nearly 100 yards away, they found a woman sitting in a dark-colored vehicle with dark windows and the engine running, looking at her phone, and targeted her, Judd said.

“When she looks up and she sees Gino standing at the back of the vehicle with a gun pointed at her, screaming for her to get out of the car, she thinks, ‘He’s about to carjack me, he’s about to rob me,'” Judd said.

The woman threw her car into reverse in an attempt to back out of the way and crashed into a car behind her in the frantic escape.

The teenage son heard the commotion and neared the car and thought “our victim is trying to back into him” and he opened fire, Judd said.

Both Colonacosta and his son started shooting into the car as the woman sped away.

They shot a total of seven times. The woman was not hit, and alerted the sheriff’s office.

(original NBC News)
Bad judgement saved by bad shooting.

Folks who try to use their 45s to settle delivery mix ups have no business being armed.
raison de arizona

And this folks, is why people don't do "good deeds" as much anymore. What a pair of knuckleheads. I hope they lose their second amendment rights somehow over this.
arayder

Post by arayder »

Here's the rest of the Florida door bell shooters story:
The investigation found that one of the bullets went through a baby’s car seat and lodged in the driver’s seat.

“Our victim was that close to death, and certainly, had there been a baby in the car seat, the baby would have been killed,” Judd said.

He said the incident ranks among “the craziest stuff that I have seen in a while.”

“Here you’ve got these two guys who are way out of line. Way out of control. They don’t understand the Florida law,” he said.

He noted that Florida has a “stand your ground law,” which allows people to use or threaten force to protect their homes if they feel someone is threatening them or is trying to make forcible entry, but “that doesn’t mean you can go search people out and shoot them.”

“And news flash, even if the first guy would’ve been the burglary suspect, if he was, they shot the wrong person," Judd said.

Judd said neither Colonacosta nor his son had criminal records until Saturday morning, adding: “Our goal is for them to go to prison.

“You don’t shoot at people. You don’t leave the security of your home and go out and chase people down,” Judd said in a sharp rebuke.

Colonacosta was arrested on charges of attempted felony murder with a weapon, improper exhibit of a firearm, negligence, discharging a firearm in public, parent guardian allowing unlawful possession, conspiracy and contributing to delinquency, according to booking records. He was being held on no bond.

His son was arrested on a charge of attempted felony murder and other counts.

It was not immediately clear whether Colonacosta or his son have lawyers.

This article was originally published on NBCNews.com
So the lady shot at by dumb and dumber wasn't even the neighbor who, in an act of kindness, brought the perp's meds in his home. These two miscreants shot up this lady's baby car seat, which thanks to God, was unoccupied!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

The father-son duo reminds me of Greg and Travis McMichael who killed Ahmaud Arbery. "Git yer gun, son!"
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

they found a woman sitting in a dark-colored vehicle with dark windows
I feel there's a third "dark" missing from that account.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

TheNewSaint wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:38 pm
they found a woman sitting in a dark-colored vehicle with dark windows
I feel there's a third "dark" missing from that account.
I was suspecting the same thing.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “Other weirdos”