Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:26 pm I may be wrong, but I get the impression he’s not high on the intelligence spectrum. Not saying you have to be bright to be a lawyer. :twisted:
Zibit A; Orly Taitz....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh sure, anybody can be a lawyer, are you new here? Americans don't have to go to law school, anybody can study the Constitution and there you go! Poof!

The number of people who turned out to be way smarter than all the lawyers and all the judges, and who consequently felt constrained to educate those people who did actually make the law their life's work is surely in the hundreds by now.

Kyle can just watch a few YouTubes, read Facebook, follow a few people on Twitter, and he's in!
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:26 pm I may be wrong, but I get the impression he’s not high on the intelligence spectrum. Not saying you have to be bright to be a lawyer. :twisted:
lol. As a person who has a number of "friend-friends" in my small circle who happen to be lawyers -- pretty sure Kyle doesn't have the aptitude for it. It could be delayed mental maturity and may could pull it off since he's now hit puberty and be the next Lin Wood. :whistle:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I actually am concerned for his mental health. His mother is an idiot. The way he’s whipping through his life right now, shredding hopes plans dreams, doedsnt give me a good feeling.

He’s a goner once the rwnj brigade dumps him.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

from the Unilad article:

Rittenhouse Rye distances themselves:

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Yeah, I would put him in the upper turnip bracket, brain wise, but than... Orly...
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Oh yeah. Kyle Rittenhouse Esq has a certain ring to it.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

bill_g wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:27 am Oh yeah. Kyle Rittenhouse Esq has a certain ring to it.
I would have preferred Kyle Rittenhouse, Jailhouse Lawyer
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Gregg wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:39 am Yeah, I would put him in the upper turnip bracket, brain wise, but than... Orly...
... and our most recent president. :trashcan:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

A lot of things have to happen between now and then. GED (which I believe is the most he can hope for); college (he must graduate); LSAT; admission to a law school (assuming he can find one who will take him); and bar admission.

I suppose he could find some unaccredited school whose standards aren’t that high to start with, or read for the bar in a state that still allows that (I know someone who did it in Virginia - he said he thought law school would have been easier). But seriously, I doubt this kid is ever going to graduate college.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:20 pm A lot of things have to happen between now and then. GED (which I believe is the most he can hope for); college (he must graduate); LSAT; admission to a law school (assuming he can find one who will take him); and bar admission.
It can happen, but I think unlikely odds. Yes, there are occasions where a young person turns themselves around 180 degrees -- it's rare and I've seen it happen. But here, I don't think so.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Saul Goodman and Assoc is hiring (especially U of American Samoa alum).

bob

Post by bob »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:20 pm A lot of things have to happen between now and then. GED (which I believe is the most he can hope for); college (he must graduate); LSAT; admission to a law school (assuming he can find one who will take him); and bar admission.

I suppose he could find some unaccredited school whose standards aren’t that high to start with, or read for the bar in a state that still allows that (I know someone who did it in Virginia - he said he thought law school would have been easier). But seriously, I doubt this kid is ever going to graduate college.
Could pull a Kim Kardashian and not go to school but study the law under a lawyer's tutorage. (Yaknow, like Lincoln.)

Kardashian failed the baby bar (a test to gauge the student's progress); twice, IIRC.
Image ImageImage
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:20 pm A lot of things have to happen between now and then. GED (which I believe is the most he can hope for); college (he must graduate); LSAT; admission to a law school (assuming he can find one who will take him); and bar admission. ...
According to the defense fund Twitter account, he earned a high school diploma from an online program while awaiting trial, so I think that hurdle, at least, is behind him. Penn Foster is apparently an accredited for-profit distance learning school.

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

bob wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:11 pm Could pull a Kim Kardashian and not go to school but study the law under a lawyer's tutorage. (Yaknow, like Lincoln.)

Kardashian failed the baby bar (a test to gauge the student's progress); twice, IIRC.
That’s what I meant by “reading for the bar.” Even those at unaccredited or Cal Bar-accredited (but not ABA accredited) law schools have to take the baby bar in CA, IIRC.

Virginia doesn’t have a baby bar - you have to have a licensed attorney certify that you put in 25 hours of study per week (18 of which have to be in the lawyer’s physical office - don’t know how covid has affected this requirement) for 40 week a year, for 3 years. You also have to have a bachelor’s degree and you have to take the LSAT (there doesn’t appear to be a minimum score, but the State bar considers it in determining whether they’re going to let you in the bar reader program. The Supervising attorney has to develop and administer annual examinations, which cannot be based on prior bar exam questions. And the bar candidate and Supervising attorney have to appear annually before the Board of Bar Examiners for an oral evaluation of the law reader’s progress. It’s a shit-ton of work for both the law reader and the Supervising Attorney. The guy I knew (met him at a CLE) said if he had it to do over again he’d go to law school.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona

Kyle Rittenhouse Says He Will Attend Arizona State This Spring — University Says He Hasn’t Applied

Kyle Rittenhouse, who was found not guilty last month on all counts in a trial for fatally shooting two at a 2020 protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, said Wednesday he will attend Arizona State University in-person this spring, but an Arizona State spokesperson told Forbes that Rittenhouse has not yet applied to the school.
:snippity:
Arizona State spokesperson Jay Thorne said in a statement to Forbes: “Mr. Rittenhouse withdrew from the two online courses for which he had signed up; he is welcome to apply for admissions and will be treated as any other applicant would be if and when he does.”
:snippity:
Rittenhouse maintained Wednesday he is in fact an admitted Arizona State student, refuting the university’s statements on his online enrollment status: “They came out with a statement saying oh, no no no no, he’s not enrolled at ASU anymore. I’m like, I’m enrolled, I’m just not in any classes. I’m admitted, I have a student portfolio.”
https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksaul/ ... t-applied/

Rittenhouse continues to not understand How Things Work.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Maybe he can attend Taft Law School, and receive a Diploma in Anal Dentistry Law. :think:
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:48 pm Maybe he can attend Taft Law School, and receive a Diploma in Anal Dentistry Law. :think:
And Real Estate! :thumbsup:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Kyle should just show up on the UA doorstep, demand a class seat, get refused, and then start a whole new round of cause celebre. Put that babyface to work.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

IMHO, absolutely a scripted first run at what some PR person thought was the perfect aggressive approach to own the libs… look at his facial expression as and after he makes that statement….
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:32 pm from the Unilad article:

Rittenhouse Rye distances themselves:

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Danraft wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:40 pm IMHO, absolutely a scripted first run at what some PR person thought was the perfect aggressive approach to own the libs… look at his facial expression as and after he makes that statement….
That smirk says it all, doesn't it.?
raison de arizona

I'll wait with bated breath. *yawn*
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:02 pm
Danraft wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:40 pm IMHO, absolutely a scripted first run at what some PR person thought was the perfect aggressive approach to own the libs… look at his facial expression as and after he makes that statement….
Sounds like a threat.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:55 pm
neonzx wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:02 pm
Sounds like a threat.
The prosecutor has every reason to fear for his safety from Killer Kyle..
he better get a gun for self defense..
then if he sees Kyle he can take the appropriate action to neutralise that threat permanently..
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

the name "Kyle Rittenhouse" as a username has been banned by EA:
https://nationalfile.com/ea-banning-pla ... or-report/
Video game publisher Electronic Arts is reportedly banning players whose username contains “Kyle Rittenhouse,” citing an “Inappropriate Reference” to “Violence, Terror, and Tragic Events.” Rittenhouse was acquitted in November after shooting three BLM rioters in Kenosha, Wisconsin in 2020.

“Hello, We received a report about your account or profile name. It may be the name you created on another platform. it may be the name you created on another platform,” a message circulating on Twitter reads.

The message continues, “This name breaks our Positive Play Charter because you may have used words or phrases that harm others or negatively disrupt the game.” The notice does not explain how words or phrases contained in video game username could “harm others.”
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR

Return to “Other weirdos”