Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Baidn

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

Post by Baidn »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:00 am
northland10 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:05 pm I'm confused as to why Arizona State and not Liberty. Liberty has a big online business going and even with the junior Falwell out, there still must be enough RWNJ big donors who can push to get him in.
Between this choice and his comments about being relatively pro-BLM, perhaps it's a desire to rehabilitate the public perception.
I think that's almost certainly the case. Probably at the direction of wiser heads than his (defense lawyers advice maybe?) I honestly swallowed my anger and gave him the benefit of the doubt for a bit after his first statements about "supporting BLM" "destroying the gun" etc but then a work buddy had me watch Crowder slobber all over his dick and all I can say is fuck all of them Kyle included. Best case scenario he is being manipulated and used by that cadre of living shit stains but either way I see him becoming the next version of the asshole that shot Trayvon Martin. So tldr: yeah I think it's an attempt to image overhaul and also fuck him and all his buddies with a rusty barbedwire covered baseball bat
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Warning: Image may drive you insane.
► Show Spoiler
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

keith wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:44 pm
LM K wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:44 pm Rittenhouse might get accepted once he meets the minimum requirements for ASU.
Rittenhouse is breathing, isn't he? He's got a GoFundMe that is ticking over? There's your minimum requirements met.

However, ASU students, are already protesting even the thought that he might be admitted in any capacity. That is extraordinary for ASU - the mere fact that more than 3 ASU students could bother to show up at any event that doesn't involve massive quantities of beer drinking and/or wet T-shirt contests is mind boggling in the extreme.
Hi high school degree by Penn Foster isn't recognized as an actual high school degree by all colleges.

Penn Foster has a link that is supposed to show various colleges that accepted their degree program for admission. The page redirects to a page without that info.

Donations aren't going to go as far as donors assume. The defense lawyers hired the jury consultant that worked on OJ Simpson's murder trial. That consultant isn't cheap. And Wendy Rittenhouse is likely in enormous debt.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

Time for Kyle to get his own bronze statue!!

ETA: $55 raised in 26 days.

IMG_18122021_134055_(600_x_600_pixel).png
IMG_18122021_134055_(600_x_600_pixel).png (289.34 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
IMG_18122021_134138_(600_x_800_pixel).png
IMG_18122021_134138_(600_x_800_pixel).png (117.36 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
IMG_18122021_134207_(600_x_800_pixel).png
IMG_18122021_134207_(600_x_800_pixel).png (129.77 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

huh. They are pitching that a bit low I think

https://treehozz.com/how-much-does-a-br ... pture-cost
How much does it cost to commission a custom bronze sculpture? Short answer; A life size sculpture of a standing figure may vary between $60,000 and $100,000 Long answer; It depends on several factors. A lot of the cost is associated with the foundry process.
Click here to know more about it. https://treehozz.com/goto/708233
In this regard, how much does it cost to cast a bronze sculpture?

That is, if making a bronze cast from a mold costs, say $1000, then making the mold from the clay could be about $600. Clearly, one-of-a-kind pieces will be much more expensive, because the cost of the initial mold can't be spread over several casts. Overall, I think you should expect a ballpark figure of about $2000.

Also Know, how much does it cost to get a sculpture of yourself? WIRED ran an article back in February about 3D printed, life-sized statues, Take Your Selfie Game to the Next Level With a 3-D Printed Statue of Yourself | WIRED. In the caption of one picture they say that the life-sized ones start at $15,000 and for groups they can go as high as $75,000.

In this way, how much does bronze statue cost?

How much does it cost to commission a custom bronze sculpture? Short answer; A life size sculpture of a standing figure may vary between $60,000 and $100,000 Long answer; It depends on several factors. A lot of the cost is associated with the foundry process.

Why are bronze sculptures so expensive?

Making bronze castings is a very expensive process. These need to be finished by hand and have spruing attached before being encased in ceramic shell or other mould material and having the wax melted out in a kiln to create a mould ready for the bronze.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Where is this secure location they can’t mention? At a certain moldy resort in Florida?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Probably someone's private land. In the middle of the swamp.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

LM K wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:44 pm
keith wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:44 pm
LM K wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:44 pm Rittenhouse might get accepted once he meets the minimum requirements for ASU.
Rittenhouse is breathing, isn't he? He's got a GoFundMe that is ticking over? There's your minimum requirements met.

However, ASU students, are already protesting even the thought that he might be admitted in any capacity. That is extraordinary for ASU - the mere fact that more than 3 ASU students could bother to show up at any event that doesn't involve massive quantities of beer drinking and/or wet T-shirt contests is mind boggling in the extreme.
Hi high school degree by Penn Foster isn't recognized as an actual high school degree by all colleges.

Penn Foster has a link that is supposed to show various colleges that accepted their degree program for admission. The page redirects to a page without that info.

Donations aren't going to go as far as donors assume. The defense lawyers hired the jury consultant that worked on OJ Simpson's murder trial. That consultant isn't cheap. And Wendy Rittenhouse is likely in enormous debt.
I was under the impression that their current high school program/subsidiary is regionally accredited and a licensed private school -- but their postsecondary and vocational programs did not have all ducks in a row.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

LM K wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:51 pm Time for Kyle to get his own bronze statue!!

Already done. Five bucks and change at Amazon Make molds from your favorite, pour some metal, ship 'em out. Git 'er dun!!!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That's just disgusting.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:32 am
LM K wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:51 pm Time for Kyle to get his own bronze statue!!

Already done. Five bucks and change at Amazon Make molds from your favorite, pour some metal, ship 'em out. Git 'er dun!!!
The "classic Army figures" are made in China. :rotflmao:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Honestly, I had a set of something like that as a kid and I loved them.
Hic sunt dracones
LM K

Post by LM K »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:37 am
LM K wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:44 pm

I was under the impression that their current high school program/subsidiary is regionally accredited and a licensed private school -- but their postsecondary and vocational programs did not have all ducks in a row.

I did a little research. Penn Foster is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.
The National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) is a private nonprofit organization [501(c)(3)] that helps expand students’ access to educational opportunities and ensure more efficient, consistent, and effective regulation of distance education programs.

Recognizing the growing demand for distance education opportunities, higher education stakeholders – including state regulators and education leaders, accreditors, the U.S. Department of Education, and institutions – joined together in 2013 to establish the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA), which streamline regulations around distance education programs.

In partnership with four regional compacts, NC-SARA helps states, institutions, policymakers, and students understand the purpose and benefits of participating in SARA. Today, more than 2,200 institutions in 49 member states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands all voluntarily participate in SARA.
A high school diploma from Penn Foster is recognized as a traditional high school diploma by most colleges and universities.

I keep reminding myself that the only source claiming that Rittenhouse went to Penn Foster is Rittenhouse. If Rittenhouse hadn't lied about being a nursing student at ASU, I would accept his claim of going to Penn Foster.

Rittenhouse dropped out of high school when he was 14/15 (2017). Iirc, he claims he went to Penn Foster after he was arrested in 2020.

Rittenhouse may have gotten a high school diploma or GED somewhere. But any college or university is going to ask a potential student why they went to a traditional high school for only a few months. It's a fair question.

I am curious about the following:

*Why ASU?

I think he did pre-admission non-credit coursework because a few members of the ASU Republicans United donated some money to him. That student group continues to raise money for Rittenhouse.
Kyle Rittenhouse Fundraiser 2.0

Rittenhouse's attorney says that Rittenhouse will be on campus in Jan. Alas, applications for spring closed months ago, after ASU tweeted that Rittenhouse hadn't gone through the application process. Oops! Why would Rittenhouse's lawyer lie about ASU after his client was acquitted?

Is Rittenhouse planning to take non-credit online classes on campus from library computers? (Registration dates for non-credit classes are retty loose.)

One of the reasons Rittenhouse received "compassionate leave" is said to be student reactions after he claimed to be an ASU student. Rittenhouse won't be safe on any college campus for some time. While I believe he should be able to safely go to traditional classes, he simply can't, unless he hires private security.

So why does Rittenhouse continue to talk about ASU?

*Why did Rittenhouse drop out of high school after just a few months? His mom claims he was bullied, which is probably true. But who allows their child to fully end their education at 14/15? How did Wendy Rittenhouse skirt around the legal requirements that she educate her son?
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

LM K wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:44 pm Donations aren't going to go as far as donors assume. The defense lawyers hired the jury consultant that worked on OJ Simpson's murder trial. That consultant isn't cheap. ...
Indeed. In this interesting post-trial podcast interview, attorney Mark Richards says it was six figures.

You can find the episode of "Law and Legitimacy" on many podcast sources through link in this tweet:

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

andersweinstein wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:55 pm
LM K wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:44 pm Donations aren't going to go as far as donors assume. The defense lawyers hired the jury consultant that worked on OJ Simpson's murder trial. That consultant isn't cheap. ...
Indeed. In this interesting post-trial podcast interview, attorney Mark Richards says it was six figures.
Money well spent from the defense perspective.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
andersweinstein

LM K wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:58 pm One of the reasons Rittenhouse received "compassionate leave" is said to be student reactions after he claimed to be an ASU student. Rittenhouse won't be safe on any college campus for some time. While I believe he should be able to safely go to traditional classes, he simply can't, unless he hires private security.
Rittenhouse has had a private security detail for some time. That's got to be a major expense. No idea if he's planning to take his bodyguards to college.

In some of his appearances he given thanks to "TC", the African American head of his security detail, T.C. Willis, of the Knoxville-based executive protection agency, The Kajor Group. Willis was in the courtroom every day and could occasionally be seen on camera sitting behind the family. He's since given a couple of interviews with permission. I found this one overlong, but thought parts give an interesting perspective.

andersweinstein

LM K wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:58 pm One of the reasons Rittenhouse received "compassionate leave" is said to be student reactions after he claimed to be an ASU student.
I never heard that anywhere. The leave was supposedly motivated by the pressure of the murder trial, which seems totally reasonable. The protests didn't start until after the acquittal.
LM K wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:58 pm So why does Rittenhouse continue to talk about ASU?
I've been genuinely puzzled by the discrepancy between what ASU has said (never applied for admission) and what he's been giving out about planning to be there. I could accept that he could be so benighted that he doesn't understand that taking online courses as a non-degree student, a bit like going to their for-pay night school, does not make him an admitted undergraduate in a degree program who can show up and take classes in person. And that would fit a pattern of resume inflation: fire dept cadet program => "member of the Antioch fire department"; lifeguard training => "I am an EMT"; taking online prep classes => "studying nursing at ASU"; ASU: not currently enrolled => "I'm admitted, I have a student portfolio" [part of the online system, I assume]

But he's got handlers, primarily David Hancock, the security consultant who broke with Lin Wood and now seems to make his living as full time "advisor" to the family. Hancock is with Rittenhouse wherever he goes. You'd think his people would clue him in if he isn't really going to be on campus at ASU anytime soon. So that's what I don't understand about it. Perhaps they just humor him to keep him positive?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

andersweinstein wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:39 am
LM K wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:58 pm One of the reasons Rittenhouse received "compassionate leave" is said to be student reactions after he claimed to be an ASU student.
I never heard that anywhere. The leave was supposedly motivated by the pressure of the murder trial, which seems totally reasonable. The protests didn't start until after the acquittal.

My understanding matches Ander's, fwiw.
LM K wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:58 pm So why does Rittenhouse continue to talk about ASU?
I've been genuinely puzzled by the discrepancy between what ASU has said (never applied for admission) and what he's been giving out about planning to be there. I could accept that he could be so benighted that he doesn't understand that taking online courses as a non-degree student, a bit like going to their for-pay night school, does not make him an admitted undergraduate in a degree program who can show up and take classes in person. And that would fit a pattern of resume inflation: fire dept cadet program => "member of the Antioch fire department"; lifeguard training => "I am an EMT"; taking online prep classes => "studying nursing at ASU"; ASU: not currently enrolled => "I'm admitted, I have a student portfolio" [part of the online system, I assume] No puzzle, I believe you've figured it out. He just doesn't understand how things work and is being kept in the dark, fed a steady diet of BS.

But he's got handlers, primarily David Hancock, the security consultant who broke with Lin Wood and now seems to make his living as full time "advisor" to the family. Hancock is with Rittenhouse wherever he goes. You'd think his people would clue him in if he isn't really going to be on campus at ASU anytime soon. So that's what I don't understand about it. Perhaps they just humor him to keep him positive? Or to keep the grift alive.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Kyle is taking applications for... a girlfriend.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:49 pm Kyle is taking applications for... a girlfriend.
https:// www.facebook.com/thisiskylerittenhouse/ ... 6831353211
Does he now also too have folders of women? Will make a great presidential candidate once he reaches the age of consent.
LM K

Post by LM K »

And news that Rittenhouse dropped his classes came ... after his acquittal.

We don't know when Rittenhouse applied for compassionate leave.

Student outrage started the afternoon that Rittenhouse testified. The protests started after the verdict because to everyone's knowledge, Rittenhouse was still enrolled. The protests didn't start until students realized Rittenhouse was free to be a student on campus.

Rittenhouse continues to say he's going to ASU even after it's obvious that he won't be safe there. I do not think threats against Rittenhouse are acceptable. I do understand why students are so angry. But no student should fear for their safety when on campus.

I'm certain that the pressure of trial was one of the reasons Rittenhouse dropped his classes. I'd tell any student of mine to apply for compassionate leave under such conditions.

But ...

I would not agree to work one-on-one with a student registering to work with me 2 weeks before trial. Why? It's unkind to the student and me to try to get through online classes while the student is on trial. It's not about who the student is or the crime they allegedly committed. It's about academic performance and helping a student succeed. It's about being practical. It's about not encouraging a student to pay for classes that they couldn't complete under their personal circumstances. It's about actual learning while earning a grade. And yes, it's about whether or not I should invest my time and energy in a class with a student for whom classes are unreasonable under their current life circumstances.

I have an ethical obligation to my students. Imo, part of my ethical obligation is to be honest about their potential to succeed with their current personal circumstances. College is batshit expensive.

And yes, I looked into the academic options available to Rittenhouse. Based on every bit of info I could find, Rittenhouse's classes were one-on-one.

I've been genuinely puzzled by the discrepancy between what ASU has said (never applied for admission) and what he's been giving out about planning to be there. I could accept that he could be so benighted that he doesn't understand that taking online courses as a non-degree student, a bit like going to their for-pay night school, does not make him an admitted undergraduate in a degree program who can show up and take classes in person. And that would fit a pattern of resume inflation: fire dept cadet program => "member of the Antioch fire department"; lifeguard training => "I am an EMT"; taking online prep classes => "studying nursing at ASU"; ASU: not currently enrolled => "I'm admitted, I have a student portfolio" [part of the online system, I assume]

But he's got handlers, primarily David Hancock, the security consultant who broke with Lin Wood and now seems to make his living as full time "advisor" to the family. Hancock is with Rittenhouse wherever he goes. You'd think his people would clue him in if he isn't really going to be on campus at ASU anytime soon. So that's what I don't understand about it. Perhaps they just humor him to keep him positive?
Good points.

The classes that Rittenhouse was taking were to help him qualify for admission to ASU. Many high school grads don't meet every criteria for admission at a specific school.

Potential ASU students who don't meet the basic admission criteria can sign up for their "Earned Admission track" program. Students who successfully complete the program can apply and will be admitted to the univ.

Rittenhouse knows exactly what his position is/was at ASU. He's the one taking the non-degree classes. His professors would make it crystal clear in their syllabi about the nature of his classes.

Rittenhouse is doing what his handlers are telling him to do. He's taking the non-degree classes and yes, lying* about the nature of his ASU status.

Had Rittenhouse simply said that he's a student at ASU, his ASU status wouldn't have been as big of deal as it became. Technically, Rittenhouse was taking 2 classes at ASU. He was not formally admitted but he had non-formal admission. Had he not lied about being a nursing student,
no one would have essentially forced the univ to share Rittenhouse's admission status.

Hancock should stop talking about ASU. He's making it much harder for Rittenhouse to ever get to ASU.

*I don't think Rittenhouse's lawyers were encouraging him to inflate his resume ... to lie about his work and school experiences. That's all Rittenhouse, and made it easy for the prosecuion to impeach Rittenhouse.
LM K

Post by LM K »

From Fox News on Dec 3.
Rittenhouse claims he was granted compassionate withdrawal by ASU staff after the campus erupted in protest against his planned attendance. Protestors referred to Rittenhouse as a "racist murderer"
andersweinstein

LM K wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:57 pm
From Fox News on Dec 3.
Rittenhouse claims he was granted compassionate withdrawal by ASU staff after the campus erupted in protest against his planned attendance. Protestors referred to Rittenhouse as a "racist murderer"
OK, that's a source. But notice it's a cagey statement: it just says "after", not "because". It would not surprise me if a source like Fox might distort things here. They have an interest in promoting the narrative that leftist protestors drove him to withdraw.

In the Ashleigh Banfield interview he just said it was because of the stress of the trial. Hancock said the withdrawal was recommended by his professors.

The first call I can find for him to be booted appeared online on Nov 26 (below) though it didn't seem to make news stories until Nov 29 and the rally it called for was for Dec 1. The ASU statement that he was no longer enrolled was also reported on Nov 29: https://www.yahoo.com/now/kyle-rittenho ... 16001.html. Seems a tight timeline for processing a withdrawal as a *response* to the protests.

ETA: I see now the Banfield interview mentioning the withdrawal aired Nov 23, so before this call for protest.
Transcript here: https://www.newsnationnow.com/banfield/ ... ranscript/

raison de arizona

Rittenhouse gets standing ovation at conservative conference in Phoenix

A month after his acquittal on murder charges, Kyle Rittenhouse was given a standing ovation at a conservative group’s conference in Phoenix where panelists discussed the 2020 deadly shootings in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Most of the comments during Monday’s discussion were made by other panelists, but the 18-year-old Rittenhouse reflected on how the trial had matured him and spoke about his decision to take the stand to provide his account of the shootings.

Rittenhouse was acquitted of all charges in the deaths of Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber and the wounding of Gaige Grosskreutz.
https://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoen ... in-phoenix
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

That's creepy weird. When does his 15 mins run out?

Return to “Other weirdos”