Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

That sounds too much like hard work and far too sensible

Much easier to grab a gun and go looking to kill.
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

I gather one would not normally be permanently disqualified simply for low score. Former handler David Hancock adds this detail:
David Hancock wrote:The rest of the story is Kyle was blacklisted for sending unsolicited videos of him field stripping his AR15 to his military recruiters which made them uncomfortable with his state of mind.

Think Full Metal Jacket.
Source tweet with gif
Dave from down under

Anyone with any sense would be concerned that killer Kyle had access to a firearm.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I took the test, and they still want me.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

bob wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:01 pm
The comments are something else
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://crooksandliars.com/2024/04/kill ... ills-beans
Killer Kyle's Ex-Spokesperson Turns On Him

David Hancock, who had acted as spokesman for Killer Kyle Rittenhouse and the Rittenhouse family comes clean about who Killer Kyle really is.

By Chris capper Liebenthal — April 2, 2024

David Hancock was the spokesman for Killer Kyle Rittenhouse and his family during Killer Kyle's criminal proceedings three years ago. At the time, Hancock was laying it on as thickly as anyone, trying to portray Killer Kyle as a poor innocent waif of a boy just trying to do the right thing and who just wanted to go back to his old life and go on to Arizona State University and study to be a nurse to help people.

But that was then and this is now. And Hancock is, quite frankly, sick and tired of Killer Kyle's bullshit and he's calling him out on it. In a mind-boggling tweet, Hancock spills the beans about how they carefully groomed the image they wanted for Rittenhouse. They forced the kid to take four years of credit in just 10 months, with heavy reliance on "the Goggle Machine."

For emphasis, let me repeat the key points:
Transforming a middle school dropout who was “angry at the world” with a history of violence and an unhealthy obsession with guns and killing into a respectable young man with a desire for higher education and a promising future was no easy feat.

It was a meticulously crafted facade, which we sincerely hoped he would grow into. Instead, he squandered a full scholarship to study any subject at any university in the country to become a divisive douchebag and antagonize black Americans on college campuses. Kyle failed to learn a single thing. He remains the same uneducated, arrogant, and antagonistic individual, incapable of telling the truth.
It should also be noted that Hancock also pointed out a simple fact that he and Killer Kyle's other handlers made damn sure never saw the light of day was that just months before the fateful and fatal evening, Rittenhouse had applied for the Marines, but he was too stupid to even pass the aptitude test:

Furthermore, not only was Killer Kyle too stupid for the Marines, but he was also too psycho for them as well and was permanently banned after he sent his recruiting officers an unsolicited video of him field stripping an AR-15. This fits in with what we know of him, such as how he made a video of him stripping down a Glock and saying that the ATF should be abolished.

The most ironic - and the most outrageous - bit of truth to come out of Hancock's confession is that Paul Prediger, formerly known as Gaige Grosskreutz, the man who Rittenhouse shot and wounded, was there as an ACLU observer and to provide medical aid to any who needed it. Contrary to what Rittenhouse and his defense team said in court, he was also the only one on the scene who had a valid concealed carry permit and the only one with medical training.

Killer Kyle, like most of his miserable life, was just a poser and a fake.

I hope you'll understand if I don't hold my breath for the mainstream media to pick up on this story.
I'm sure we will hear all about how this guy is a really bad person and how he was a liar before and must be lying now and how can we believe him now and and and Kyle is wonderful. And hunky.
Hic sunt dracones
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

I've looked at the requirements to qualify for several Army jobs. I'm trying to steer my grandson in the wrong direction. Some jobs require ASVAB scores of 110+ in some areas. Where does he get the 99 as a maximum score from?
Largo al factotum.
Dave from down under

But but but….

Killer Kyle was the VICTIM!!!!

He was being HONEST in the court!

His wasn’t acting as he was coached, his attempted tears were real!

He was just there ti help 2 people to die and another to be maimed…

How can people be so unkind!!!

:S
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

zekeb wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:40 pm I've looked at the requirements to qualify for several Army jobs. I'm trying to steer my grandson in the wrong direction. Some jobs require ASVAB scores of 110+ in some areas. Where does he get the 99 as a maximum score from?
The AFQT - the Armed Forces Qualifications Test - is part of the ASVAB. The AFQT score is a raw score expressed as a percentile, so 99 is the max. Each service has its own minimum. So that’s where that came from.

Then to qualify for certain specialties you have to have minimum scores in certain categories. Those are numerical scores that can exceed 100.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

For those who don't want to click the "show more" button and go to the Musk machine, I'll quote the whole thing.
David Hancock
@DaveHan06
Is anyone surprised that Kyle's far-right political handlers ensured this particular detail didn't make it into his book? (See photo)

Regarding his online high school diploma, we had to force him to complete the four years of credits in just ten months, which he did using the "Google machine."

We invested significant effort to craft the image you witnessed during the trial. We outfitted him in new suits, arranged for his haircut every weekend during the trial, and dedicated over 200 hours to prepare him for direct and cross-examination. We employed the world's leading jury consultant and conducted extensive research through three mock trials to identify the ideal jurors and the most effective approach for his testimony.

Transforming a middle school dropout who was “angry at the world” with a history of violence and an unhealthy obsession with guns and killing into a respectable young man with a desire for higher education and a promising future was no easy feat.

It was a meticulously crafted facade, which we sincerely hoped he would grow into. Instead, he squandered a full scholarship to study any subject at any university in the country to become a divisive douchebag and antagonize black Americans on college campuses. Kyle failed to learn a single thing. He remains the same uneducated, arrogant, and antagonistic individual, incapable of telling the truth.

Now, he genuinely believes he is the show pony we created and has surrounded himself with sycophants who fuel his inflated ego because they prioritize their political agenda and Christian Nationalist worldview over his well-being.

Despite my efforts to guide him toward a better path in life, the allure of notoriety triumphed over the prospect of putting in the hard work of pursuing an education. Kyle is ill-equipped to offer advice to young people. I regret my role in shaping him into whatever he has become. If I had known what I know now about Kyle’s history, I wouldn’t have been involved.

Image curtesy of @ChasinWhiteCaps
David Hancock
@DaveHan06
I said some awful things about Gauge Grosskreutz AKA Paul Prediger before, during, and after Kyle’s trial.

I was wrong and I apologize for my role in stoking hatred against him and Anthony Huber.

Knowing what I know now about Kyle and his intentions that night in Kenosha, I have an entirely different perspective that I simply didn’t see before.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I found an online "news" thing with this as its headline:
Kyle Rittenhouse Attacker Gaige Grosskreutz Hit By Car In Milwaukee – New Name Revealed: Video
I assume the journalism is on a par with Rondeau's.

The article was written by this jewel:
Kevin Mathewson is a disciple of Christ, husband and a father to two wonderful children. Mathewson was born and raised in Lake County, IL and worked as a police & fire dispatcher from 2005 to 2010 in Round Lake Beach, IL. Mathewson moved to Kenosha County in 2006, later being elected to the position of Alderman of the 8th District in 2012 and 2016. Mathewson is a private investigator, security contractor, journalist, and photographer. He enjoys spending time with his family, watching movies, camping and boating. His favorite amendment is the second, followed closely by the first. He loves his country and community.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

“I love the beach because it’s so close to the ocean. And my favorite amendment is the second.”

🙄
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The Third Amendment never gets any love.
Hic sunt dracones
Dave from down under

Suranis wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:05 pm The Third Amendment never gets any love.
It just doesn’t have the same appeal to the loonies as the 2nd
andersweinstein

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:44 pm I found an online "news" thing with this as its headline:
Kyle Rittenhouse Attacker Gaige Grosskreutz Hit By Car In Milwaukee – New Name Revealed: Video
I assume the journalism is on a par with Rondeau's.

The article was written by this jewel:
Kevin Mathewson is a disciple of Christ, husband and a father to two wonderful children. ...
Kevin Mathewson is the former Kenosha Alderman who put up the notorious Facebook event post calling for the "Kenosha Guard" (an ad-hoc label invented for that event) to turn out and protect the city, which attracted unsavory comments and got taken down. The Kenosha County Eye is his independent journalism site hat mainly watches Kenosha courts and government officials, often using his own photographs. He's either an asshole or a gadfly depending on one's political views.

I've always found the factual info in his reports eg. on court proceedings, to be highly accurate and reliable. He tracked the followup of other players in the Rittenhouse case like the Ziminskis and Dominic Black. Unfortunately, IMO, he often injects snide editorializing into his writeups. For example he loves to refer to Gaige Grosskreutz as a "career criminal" for his various arrests, though the offenses have been things like DUI and a long-past burglary arrest. I think this undermines his credibility as an objective reporter, but it's his baby to do what he wants with.

But still: I believe you can get accurate info from his site if you ignore the tone.
andersweinstein

Suranis wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:34 pm
Crooks and Liars Story wrote: Contrary to what Rittenhouse and his defense team said in court, he [Grosskreutz] was also the only one on the scene who had a valid concealed carry permit and the only one with medical training.
One detail: Grosskreutz himself testified he did not have a valid permit in response to a prosecutor's question. I assume they were pre-emptively getting this info out before defense could embarass him about it. Grosskreutz was informed of this by police or prosecutors; AFAIK they sincerely believed his permit was invalid based on information provided by the police, now shown to be in error. From other posts of Grosskreutz' (now Prediger), sounds like he had an old expired permit in the records as well as his current one, an officer made a phone call, the expired one was found in a search, and information relayed over the phone without more detai lor inquriy. Anyway something like that.

I've been following Hancock as you know. He's floated suspicions of more nefarious motives for police to lie about this to try to sabotage the case. But from what we know, seems to me it could just have been fairly ordinary bureaucratic screwup.
andersweinstein

One of the docs Grosskreutz (now Paul Prediger) has posted on Twitter regarding the error about his CCW permit status:

Dave from down under

Grosskreutz Should have exercised his right to self defence and defence of others and put mad dog killer Kyle down.

After all a gun means you can be Judge, Jury and Executioner.

Isn’t that right Anders?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So you confirmed that the bad guy with a gun, who was trying to stop a maniac who had already killed 2 people, had a concealed carry permit.

And that Hancock mistyped which is an irrelevant detail.

Wow, that changes everything right there. [/sarcasm]
Hic sunt dracones
andersweinstein

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:23 am Grosskreutz Should have exercised his right to self defence and defence of others and put mad dog killer Kyle down.

After all a gun means you can be Judge, Jury and Executioner.

Isn’t that right Anders?
No, of course not right. Law says it has to be reasonable to believe one faces an imminent unlawful threat of death or serious bodily harm. Jury that saw all shootings on video along with other evidence apparently found that in Rittenhouse's shootings (more precisely: found it not disproven beyond reasonable doubt).

But it could well have been a situation in which Grosskreutz could have legally shot Rittenhouse and Rittenhouse could have legally shot Grosskreutz. My understanding is there's no question self-defense law allows such a situation to arise. That's because it makes the privilege to use force depend on what is reasonable to believe given evidence one has, and evidence can shake out that way. Another case might be when police raid a house but occupant reasonably takes them for intruders.

Whether Grosskreutz could have shot Rittenhouse in reasonable defence of others is also possible. I don't personally consider this so *obvious* -- it is not obvious to me it was reasonable to conclude Rittenhouse posed an imminent threat to others given Grosskreutz's information at the time. He was not targeting people who didn't attack him. He manifestly did not shoot people who pulled up or raised their hands. I think it's kind of an interesting question how much evidence you need before you can justifiably take someone for an active shooter and act. But I definitely recognize it is arguable. If Grosskreutz had shot Rittenhouse my guess is he would not have been charged.
andersweinstein

Suranis wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:38 am So you confirmed that the bad guy with a gun, who was trying to stop a maniac who had already killed 2 people, had a concealed carry permit.
I don't call Grosskreutz a "bad guy with a gun".

(I do consider *Rosenbaum* the bad guy in this incident, since he appears to me to have been the initial aggressor who started it. But not Grosskreutz).
Suranis wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:38 am And that Hancock mistyped which is an irrelevant detail.
The writeup in crooks and liars falsely implied the defense team was smearing Grosskreutz on this point.
Suranis wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:38 am Wow, that changes everything right there. [/sarcasm]
I'm not implying it "changes everything". It's an odd little detail about the case, just want to get it right.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:24 pm UNDERSTANDING YOUR ASVAB RESULTS

https://www.asvabprogram.com/media-center-article/46
I followed the ASVAB link above, took the short test, and was perplexed by some of the questions. The math section had me summing two dissimilar fractions, dividing them with the sum of two other dissimilar fractions, and arriving at an answer stated as a fraction. In the shop section they wanted me to select the correct length of tool handle to produce the proper torque. Overall I finished in the mid-80's percentile meaning I'd still qualify. Woohoo! I do not recall specifics about the test I took back in 72, but I do recall being flabbergasted it landed me in electronics maint. I fixed oscilloscopes to keep you free. You're welcome.
bob

Post by bob »

Unfortunately, IMO, he often injects snide editorializing into his writeups.
Oh, the irony.
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:21 pm
Suranis wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:05 pm The Third Amendment never gets any love.
It just doesn’t have the same appeal to the loonies as the 2nd
I think I read somewhere that the 3rd Amendment is the only one that has never been the basis for a SCOTUS case.

Return to “Other weirdos”