Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

His agency will eventually drop him if he can't do enough events to make it worth their while.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Baidn wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:59 am Maybe I'm just not the target audience but I can't imagine spending money to just sit and listen to someone whine. Especially when they beat their charges so what the fuck do they have to complain about.
The Reich wing in the country constantly live a grievance culture, listening to this idiot blather on about how he was "just defending himself" and how poorly he was treated, ect feeds the grievance culture...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
arayder

Post by arayder »

Wow, this kid is just one bad choice after another.

Who lets their teenaged kid loose in the world without guidance?

This kid ought to be building skills (school or trade work) and chasing chicks.

He'll have plenty of time to mess up his life when he's in his 20's.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

arayder wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:06 pm Wow, this kid is just one bad choice after another.

Who lets their teenaged kid loose in the world without guidance?

This kid ought to be building skills (school or trade work) and chasing chicks.

He'll have plenty of time to mess up his life when he's in his 20's.
Lots of people, these days.

Stuff like Moral training was never a big priority in education, but its non existent now.
Hic sunt dracones
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

I’m not sure Vegas wants to be a gun culture hub (after a mass shooting left 59 dead for no apparent reason).
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

They were just statistics
Guns are real money
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Wit and wisdom of Kyle Rittenhouse, or why the Nazis deserve a place at the table.
https://twitter.com/ThisIsKyleR/status/ ... 6267966464
Kyle Rittenhouse @ThisIsKyleR wrote: Free speech is imperative. It allows us to communicate. Safe spaces and censoring will never truly be safe or beneficial because if ALL people can't speak freely, how would we be able to effectively communicate? Communication is the key to success and an essential aspect of life
Let the murderers speak, the racists, the bigots. They all have something to say, and we should all be listening to them. Or else that is censorship.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:40 pm Wit and wisdom of Kyle Rittenhouse, or why the Nazis deserve a place at the table.
https://twitter.com/ThisIsKyleR/status/ ... 6267966464
Kyle Rittenhouse @ThisIsKyleR wrote: Free speech is imperative. It allows us to communicate. Safe spaces and censoring will never truly be safe or beneficial because if ALL people can't speak freely, how would we be able to effectively communicate? Communication is the key to success and an essential aspect of life
Let the murderers speak, the racists, the bigots. They all have something to say, and we should all be listening to them. Or else that is censorship.
Hmm, I'm no fan of celebrity Kyle -- I frequently learn about his doings first from your posts -- but this particular statement looks pretty bland and inoffensive to me, motherhood and apple pie to my free speech loving eyes. Your paraphrase that puts all these words about Nazis etc in his mouth seems ... odd. Where does that come from?

If it does come to that, I do think even murderers, racists and bigots do have the right to speak under the First Amendment, and if the state tries to stop them that is indeed censorship. When I was a lad the ACLU famously (or notoriously) defended the right of neo-Nazis to march in Skokie IL.

If you're talking about decisions of private businesses, it's not censorship in that sense. But that's a different argument.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Wrongful death lawsuit upheld upheld after 100-hour search to serve Rittenhouse
https://www.rawstory.com/wrongful-lawsu ... ce-upheld/
:snippity:
Huber's lawyers and private investigators needed over 100 hours to locate Rittenhouse to serve him with the civil lawsuit paperwork, eventually serving him at his sister's house. Rittenhouse's lawyers tried to argue the case should be dismissed because he was not properly served. The judge dismissed that claim.
raison de arizona

We talking about the same Rittenhouse? The one that was flashing white power signs at a bar, underaged and out on bail? Meeting with members of a known hate group? That Rittenhouse? (Yes, I know that the local laws allow him to be at the bar underaged because his mother took him.)
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:20 pm We talking about the same Rittenhouse? The one that was flashing white power signs at a bar, underaged and out on bail? Meeting with members of a known hate group? That Rittenhouse? (Yes, I know that the local laws allow him to be at the bar underaged because his mother took him.)
I saw an interview with his mother. Yikes.
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

I'd wager a large portion of the Kyle Lovers also love Hitler and Putin. Hitler was protecting Germany from the German Jews, and helped his neighbors do the same. Putin is protecting Ukraine from the Ukrainians. Me, I'd call them all murderers. Their excuses all sound the same.

While none have been proven guilty of a crime, only one cried on the stand.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

busterbunker wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:53 pm I'd wager a large portion of the Kyle Lovers also love Hitler and Putin. Hitler was protecting Germany from the German Jews, and helped his neighbors do the same. Putin is protecting Ukraine from the Ukrainians. Me, I'd call them all murderers. Their excuses all sound the same.

While none have been proven guilty of a crime, only one cried "cried" on the stand.
:kiss:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:53 am
LIBERTY. TRUTH. FREEDOM.
Defiance Press & Publishing is a publisher of very high-quality, principled fiction, non-fiction, current events, and children’s literature, from outstanding authors with a special emphasis on God, country, liberty, and conservatism, to serve the diverse interests of our readers through various imprints.

Our Mission.
Defiance Press & Publishing is committed to promoting high-quality and thought-provoking books to readers by partnering with outstanding conservative and libertarian authors in politics, fiction, business, children’s and non-fiction genres via alternative and traditional book distribution methods.

https://defiancepress.com/about/
If Kyle is so concerned with censorship, why is he being rep'd by a group that proudly limits their views to conservative and libertarian voices?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

for the record
Rittenhouse rallies the faithful at Conroe 'Rally Against Censorship'

Catherine Dominguez Claire Partain Michael Garcia Staff Writers
Jan. 26, 2023 Updated: Jan. 27, 2023 3:42 p.m.

Kyle Rittenhouse renewed his self-defense claim in his first major public appearance in Texas on Thursday after his acquittal on charges relating to the fatal shooting of two men during protests in Kenosha, Wis., in 2020.

"I was not a mass murderer. It was self-defense," Rittenhouse, 20, told the crowd of about 150 who gathered at the “Rally Against Censorship” at the Montgomery County Convention and Expo Center fairgrounds in Conroe.

Rittenhouse, who was 17 at the time of the shootings, said he worried about how he was portrayed in the media, with some pundits and commenters calling him “a murderer,” even after he was acquitted of all charges.

Rittenhouse served as the featured speaker at the three-hour rally, which included several conservative speakers and a leader of the “Texit” movement that is pushing for Texas to secede from the union.

Several speakers showed support for Texas secession and were met with loud applause from the audience, many of whom were wearing TEXIT gear. Texit member Jessica Padilla said she joined the Texas Nationalist Movement two years ago because she wants to protect her faith and keep children from being influenced by “ideologies.”

“Kids are being exposed to things they shouldn’t be exposed to,” Padilla said. “That’s why I’m here…we’re all here for our own reasons.”

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/h ... o-23408895
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

keep children from being influenced by “ideologies."
"other than my own narrow-minded ones."
raison de arizona

Rittenhouse is collecting money to try and sue anyone that dares to call him a murderer into the ground, forgive me if I laugh at his cries against censorship.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Kyle - You've exceeded your expiration date. You only attracted 150 people to a free event on a weeknight in a solidly red Houston suburb, and the majority were more interested in Texit politics than your insights. I must remind you that you crossed state lines to forceably censor people's voices you disagreed with. You permanently censored several people, and now you feel wronged. Go home. Get off our screens. Enjoy your freedom.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Let's not forget this great moment of contrition.

#ShouldagottaEmmy

raison de arizona

Rittenhouse has been a Very Bad Boy. He ducked service for the Huber lawsuit, then tried to get it dismissed for not being properly served. It took them over a hundred hours to serve him.
Huber's lawyers and private investigators needed over 100 hours to locate Rittenhouse to serve him with the civil lawsuit paperwork, eventually serving him at his sister's house. Rittenhouse's lawyers tried to argue the case should be dismissed because he was not properly served. The judge dismissed that claim.
https://www.rawstory.com/wrongful-lawsu ... ce-upheld/

More about the lawsuit: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/f ... to-proceed
andersweinstein

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:20 pm We talking about the same Rittenhouse? The one that was flashing white power signs at a bar, underaged and out on bail? Meeting with members of a known hate group? That Rittenhouse? (Yes, I know that the local laws allow him to be at the bar underaged because his mother took him.)
I've said this before, I think there's a totally plausible explanation of that encounter in the New Yorker piece . It came about through the grifting lawyers Pierce and Wood who wanted to link him up to the Proud Boys. Pierce got some people to do volunteer security for a trip to his lawyer's office for a zoom hearing. At the bar they toasted *him*, but he had no idea who they were.

Rittehouse was politically naive. Like a normal person he had no idea the OK symbol was used as an inside joke trolling gesture by groups like the Proud Boys. Police searched his phone and social media and never found any trace of ties to an extremist group or ideology. To make much of that Proud Boys encounter you'd have to belive that a 17 year old who lives like most teens on social media kept all of his extremist leanings completely hidden, but then, four months after his arrest, when all eyes are on him, he went knowingly seeking out contact with the Proud Boys. Far-fetched.

Honestly, I think it's one of the fact-free myths of the case to think of Rittenhouse is some kind of racist or white supremacist. It's just kind of dumb and you shouldn't think that because there's no support for it. All the evidence is that he was free of any extremist ideology. (He's not smart enough for it!) Manifestly, he was not at all hostile to BLM protestors, his fantasy was to be a medic giving them first aid ("friendly friendly friendly"). He alienated some right-wingers by saying he supported Black Lives Matter. I see no reason not to believe him. He was a goofball acting out a fantasy, but a decently intentioned one.

He doesn't have a legal case for defamation, but he's justified in being upset. He has definitely been wronged by media on the liberal side that let this myth of him as some kind of white supremacist terrorist float around without support.
raison de arizona

Not to belabor this, but THIS GUY??? What more facts do you want, a signed manifesto?
5CEFC413-DD30-4F76-81B9-C52FC42BF6BB.png
5CEFC413-DD30-4F76-81B9-C52FC42BF6BB.png (431.59 KiB) Viewed 570 times
AD1F6D8E-2C6A-40F7-9B43-AD7464216276.png
AD1F6D8E-2C6A-40F7-9B43-AD7464216276.png (491.91 KiB) Viewed 570 times
andersweinstein

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:33 pm Not to belabor this, but THIS GUY??? What more facts do you want, a signed manifesto?
I thought I explained clearly why I believe him when he says he had no idea who those people toasting him were or that they have appropriated the "OK" gesture. Read the New Yorker piece.

It shouldn't be hard to believe that if these total strangers celebrated him and toasted him and bought him beers he would go along with whatever they want him to do in a photograph.

Yeah I think it's a mistake to think of Rittenhouse as a racist or white supremacist. He was just a goofball. Very often, when you look a little more deeply into the facts, you discover that cases are full of idiosyncratic quirks and oddities and contingencies and don't conform to facile stereotypes.
raison de arizona

andersweinstein wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:49 pm Yeah I think it's a mistake to think of Rittenhouse as a racist or white supremacist. He was just a goofball. Very often, when you look a little more deeply into the facts, you discover that cases are full of idiosyncratic quirks and oddities and contingencies and don't conform to facile stereotypes.
A goofball with an assault weapon that killed two people and permanently maimed another?

Doesn't seem so goofy to me.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them."

Return to “Other weirdos”