Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

New Turtle wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:01 pm I bet the organizers sabotaged their own event to gin up the RWNJs and maybe get some media coverage. They do this all the time on college campuses.
I would agree. They had a new venue set up pretty damned fast.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

New Turtle wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:01 pm I bet the organizers sabotaged their own event to gin up the RWNJs and maybe get some media coverage. They do this all the time on college campuses.
Conroe is a very Republican city a bit north of Houston. I bet the organizers thought a bar in a very Republican city in Texas would be favorable to a right wing rally. Plus, having everyone able to drink and loosen inhibitions just adds to the excitement and outrage. Of course, being kicked out just adds to their hype. And of course the local convention center is available on a Thursday night in January. The downside to the convention center is 1) it probably cost more than the bar, and 2) no alcohol (unless they provide it themselves, if that's possible) to loosen inhibitions and feed the outrage.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Threatened Texas Brewery Defends Decision To Turn Away Kyle Rittenhouse Rally

Mary Papenfuss
Sun, January 15, 2023 at 4:50 PM GMT+1

A Texas brewery hit with threats and harassment for refusing to host a rally featuring acquitted shooter Kyle Rittenhouse is staunchly defending its decision.

Southern Star Brewing Co. of Conroe announced Friday it canceled an upcoming “Rally Against Censorship” with Rittenhouse that had been booked at the brewery.

“It’s been kind of a shitstorm,” brewery CEO Dave Fougeron told The Texas Tribune in an interview Saturday. “But now I’m more certain than ever that I made the right decision.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/threatened-t ... 09941.html
(original: HuffPost)
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

The Twitter comments on the cancelation were hilarious. Lots of "I'm taking that bar off my list!" from people you know never heard of Conroe, let alone that bar.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:34 pm The Twitter comments on the cancelation were hilarious. Lots of "I'm taking that bar off my list!" from people you know never heard of Conroe, let alone that bar.
I am now NEVER going to come down from the mountains of Buttphuck, Montana, pry myself away from Tucker and Hannity, quit banging my sister and abandon the pot of Sketti and Catsup on the gas stove to go to some bar in Texas EVER AGAIN.

That'll show 'em.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

An old friend with whom I have sadly fallen out of touch lived in Conroe last I knew her. Now I want to find out if she's still there just so I can ask her how the locals are chattering about it, or if it's just a national thing about which the real locals couldn't care less.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.fox5vegas.com/2023/01/17/ev ... cials-say/
LAS VEGAS, Nev. (FOX5) - An event that was being promoted as a “private reception” with Kyle Rittenhouse will not take place at the Venetian on the Las Vegas Strip, according to a statement provided to FOX5.

According to a flyer for the event that was shared by Rittenhouse on Twitter, the gathering was to be held Wednesday night at The Oak Room inside the Grand Canal Shoppes at the Venetian.

In his post, Rittenhouse told followers, “You guys are not going to wanna miss out on this one!”

The “first come, first serve” event, which was reportedly to feature an open bar and food, was advertised as a “private reception” with Rittenhouse while the Shot Show convention is taking place in Las Vegas.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Unfair! Kyle deserves a venue in Vegas on the main drag!
Get him on the main drag and he slays!

(Ooph..is that the door out?)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

So. Much. Winning :biggrin:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Maybe no-one wanted to spend $250 to meet some stupid teenager in an intimate setting? :shrug:
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Suranis wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:39 pm Maybe no-one wanted to spend $250 to meet some stupid teenager in an intimate setting? :shrug:
I dunno about that, but I'd put my money on someone with half a brain at the Venetian catching wind of the upcoming RIttenhouse show and shut that crap down, not wanting to be associated with it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:44 pm
Suranis wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:39 pm Maybe no-one wanted to spend $250 to meet some stupid teenager in an intimate setting? :shrug:
I dunno about that, but I'd put my money on someone with half a brain at the Venetian catching wind of the upcoming RIttenhouse show and shut that crap down, not wanting to be associated with it.
CANCELLED!
Event with Kyle Rittenhouse not taking place at Venetian on Las Vegas Strip, officials say
https://www.fox5vegas.com/2023/01/17/ev ... cials-say/
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

I saw some tweets saying Venetian employees were willing to shut down the the facility if the event took place. Whether it's true or not, the Culinary Union in Las Vegas has a lot of power.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kyle Rittenhouse is at a gun convention in Vegas today complaining about how the Venetian just canceled his event because “they bent to the woke mob” on twitter.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The Vent-ee-on? :cantlook:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

As next venue I can recommend the Four Seasons Total Landscaping in Philadelphia, Rudy Giuliani will vouch for them :lol:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:09 pm As next venue I can recommend the Four Seasons Total Landscaping in Philadelphia, Rudy Giuliani will vouch for them :lol:
I read this as "Rudy will mulch for them"
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:rotflmao:
Arthurwankspittle

Post by Arthurwankspittle »

But, but, but, Twitter is now the bastion of free speech and democracy isn't it? Didn't Elon say so?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

He needs to sue the Venetian after making many many derogatory statements about them. :pray:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:16 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:09 pm As next venue I can recommend the Four Seasons Total Landscaping in Philadelphia, Rudy Giuliani will vouch for them :lol:
I read this as "Rudy will mulch for them"
It'd be more honest work than he's done in a while.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

Maybe I'm just not the target audience but I can't imagine spending money to just sit and listen to someone whine. Especially when they beat their charges so what the fuck do they have to complain about.
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Baidn wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:59 am Maybe I'm just not the target audience but I can't imagine spending money to just sit and listen to someone whine. Especially when they beat their charges so what the fuck do they have to complain about.
I'm the same way about the Bundy cult, MAGAts, and other poets. We have access to an amazing physical world and intellectual riches beyond comprehension online, and life is short, so why would I or anyone want to waste my limited time on earth listening to whining and bloviating?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Asisde from killing two people when he panicked, the only other manly thing this kid is so famously manly for is crying like a scared little bitch on the witness stand. :crying:

Alpha Male, eh?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Baidn wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:59 am Maybe I'm just not the target audience but I can't imagine spending money to just sit and listen to someone whine. Especially when they beat their charges so what the fuck do they have to complain about.
I thought this was the Rittenhouse thread, not the former guy’s… oh wait :confuzzled: :confuzzled:

Sorry! They’re the same! :doh: :doh:

Return to “Other weirdos”