Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Infrastructure & Build Back Better Package - Senate Reconciliation #2: $3.5 trillion "Human" Pkg

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Infrastructure & Build Back Better Package - Senate Reconciliation #2: $3.5 trillion "Human" Pkg

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:34 am R- Staten Island
https:// twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1457713578874740736
Lis Power @LisPower1
lmfao

Rep. Malliotakis credits Trump for infrastructure getting done

"President Trump laid the groundwork for this infrastructure to pass ... I'm happy and appreciative to President Trump for being one of the first to talk about the need for infrastructure"

h/t @AlexGuiden

3:16 PM · Nov 8, 2021
:doh: :doh: :doh:
sleeping since born :brickwallsmall:

:think: on what but infrastructure of schools(? - maybe homeschooled???) and roads did she arrive in D.C. :?:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Infrastructure & Build Back Better Package - Senate Reconciliation #2: $3.5 trillion "Human" Pkg

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/transpor ... l-funding/
The $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill that passed the House on Friday is expected to spur the largest expansion in Amtrak’s history while kick-starting repair and replacement projects across the nation’s passenger rail network.

The bill includes $66 billion in new funding for rail to address Amtrak’s repair backlog, improve stations, replace old trains and create a path to modernize the Washington-to-Boston corridor, the nation’s busiest. It would be the biggest boost of federal aid to Amtrak since Congress created it half a century ago.

“It’s transformative,” Amtrak chief executive William J. Flynn said in an interview Monday. Money set aside for Amtrak, he said, “represents more funds than have been cumulatively invested in Amtrak over the first 50 years of our history.”

The funding will help to rebuild the aging infrastructure of the Northeast Corridor, which includes several bridges and tunnels more than 100 years old. But it could also help bring passenger service to new cities and towns across the nation. The changes would mark an overhaul for a service map that has remained nearly unchanged during a period when the nation gained 120 million people.
:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Shocked. Shocked, I tells ya.
NEW: GOP billionaire Ken Langone tells @CNBC he will hold a fundraiser for Joe Manchin, who has worked to shrink Biden's agenda
“I’m going to have one of the biggest fundraisers I’ve ever had for him.He’s special,"Langone said
Latest Manchin billionaire
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

So now Trump is relegated to leaving voicemails to Reps?
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

Joe Manchin, continuing to single handily block the U.S. green energy movement.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
northland10 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:57 pm So now Trump is relegated to leaving voicemails to Reps?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:11 pm Joe Manchin, continuing to single handily block the U.S. green energy movement.
I mean, folks wanted him to be specific about what he opposed. But at the same time, yeah, I'd love to hear him howl like a hit dog the day someone decides to block the one thing in a bill that benefits West Virginia. I don't *want* to compare him to TFG, but it seems right now like he views nothing through any other lens than "What benefits WV and only WV, and even then only the things I give two shits about in WV."

Because I believe in humanity, I would like to think that we are seeing play out in real time is not the 'real' Joe Manchin, but he's leaving me little wiggle room in my mental image of him at this point.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Someone needs to tell Joe Mansion that "rolling coal" is just a euphemism. No coal is burned in the process.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

manchild needs to sTFU and STFD
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sad-cafe wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:22 pm manchild needs to sTFU and STFD
Rightly or wrongly, because it's only my observance, I blame Schumer. I find him utterly incapable of leading, let alone leading in a crisis. Mansion is a fucking mobster who is single-handedly killing the agenda 80 million Americans voted for. Schumer has no answer to Mansion's fascist crap.

And yes I know there are others besides Mansion; but Mansion is their boss. He is also Schumer's Boss. And yes I know better a fascist D in WV than an R. I'm just saying: Schumer.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’d love to see a constituent knock Mansion’s dentures clean out if his mouth. He’s screwed WVians for years.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Manchin doing his thang.

Manchin would like all children to grow up in poverty. Like him. Oh wait, his parents were business owners. And his grandfather the mayor. Or was that his father? Oh wait, both of them served terms as mayor. It isn't like his uncle was a member of the WV House, or state SoS or Treasurer or something. Oh wait, he was all those things?

Poor Joe.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

They bent over backwards giving manchin pretty much everything he wanted and he still says he won't support it.

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

I simply do not understand this man. I don't like Bernie, but this one is beyond the pale.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

They need to pass each element one at a time. Quit with the freaking packages that lump everything together. One at a time and Congress Critters can go on the record being for or against lower pharmacy, preventing childhood poverty, etc.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

RVInit wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:07 pm They need to pass each element one at a time. Quit with the freaking packages that lump everything together. One at a time and Congress Critters can go on the record being for or against lower pharmacy, preventing childhood poverty, etc.
That's a smart option. One of approx. 2000 smart options that Schumer refused to even consider over the past six months. Like doing it right now and keeping the Senate in session for more than a pittance of days each year. Schumer is home enjoying the winter break now, because fuck America.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

RV's point about piece by piece may be the only way. Not getting this or voting rights done before the holidays is a big disappointment. If Manchin was going to reject this, why didn't he do it in Sep or Oct when there was time to change course? There's only so much they can do, if he changes parties it would be even worse. Darn.
Manchin had few defenders in his own party on Sunday. The only people praising him were Republicans, who have tried to get him to switch parties and hand them the majority. Manchin has refused repeatedly.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/1 ... ill-525458
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
filly

Post by filly »

Saw Al Franken on CNN last week. He said Manchin will not switch parties. I wonder what he has to say today?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

filly wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:55 pm Saw Al Franken on CNN last week. He said Manchin will not switch parties. I wonder what he has to say today?
Why would he switch and give up his role as Majority Leader?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’m going to go all classist here. Manchin comes from what could be an amazing place if not for all the bosses trying to kill the workers and citizens of West Virginia. He’s white trash compared to most of the other Senators and he knows it.

Coal is King in WV. Coal has been killing his people for hundreds of years but all the people I’ve met in the coal belt think they’re lucky to have jobs at all and coal is cool. Because that’s what they’ve been told for generations, even as their fathers lay dying of black lung. Manchin did nothing to protect the state from table top mining, strip mining, fracking in any of his positions of power. He and the other families who form the power networks in the state are just like Manchin… protect each other at all costs, laws don’t apply to us, do whatever it takes. Manchin’s daughter flaked her way out of college and into a degree anyway, thanks to the network.

He’s paying us back in that white trash way he do. He truly doesn’t care.
filly

Post by filly »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:14 pm
filly wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:55 pm Saw Al Franken on CNN last week. He said Manchin will not switch parties. I wonder what he has to say today?
Why would he switch and give up his roll as Majority Leader?
You mean Emperor?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

filly wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:02 pm
p0rtia wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:14 pm
Why would he switch and give up his roll as Majority Leader?
You mean Emperor?
No, Finger

:biggrin: ;)

That's so funny that I'm glad I goofed so I got to see your reply :bighug: .

Return to “Biden Administration”