Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Greg Abbott - Gregory Wayne Abbott, former TX AG, now 48th Governor of Texas

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Greg Abbott - Gregory Wayne Abbott, former TX AG, now 48th Governor of Texas

Post by Slim Cognito »

oh please...oh please...
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Re: Greg Abbott - Gregory Wayne Abbott, former TX AG, now 48th Governor of Texas

Post by Gregg »

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://popular.info/p/update-pepsi-res ... dium=email

Pepsico claims “fake news” about its spinsorship of the Texas Republican Convention.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I’m not sure how serious we should take these talks of Texas secession.
B16E9DEE-3914-4D0D-B59A-46C9D8DE8DDA.jpeg
B16E9DEE-3914-4D0D-B59A-46C9D8DE8DDA.jpeg (72.73 KiB) Viewed 824 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

They just want to repeal the 20th Century and the 14th and 13th Amendments. Why is everyone getting so worked up?

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:00 pm I’m not sure how serious we should take these talks of Texas secession.
I think they're spelling it wrong?

PS, just imagine if they do. Hurricane? No FEMA relief for you.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:00 pm I’m not sure how serious we should take these talks of Texas secession.
Donate them some boxes of Scrabble to make up their minds ;)
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

So… if Texas secedes, do we move all those US soldiers out of Texas and close the military bases?
raison de arizona

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:52 pm So… if Texas secedes, do we move all those US soldiers out of Texas and close the military bases?
Personally I think we should leave them staffed and use them to launch an attack to take over the breakaway state, then once complete redefine it as a territory. We’ll keep the Union intact, while eliminating the ability of Texans who have brought us politicians like Ted Cruz to have a say in our national government.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:52 pm So… if Texas secedes, do we move all those US soldiers out of Texas and close the military bases?
Doesn't that rather depend whether Texas is admitted to NATO or not?
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Are there nukes in Texas?
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Atticus Finch wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:21 pm Are there nukes in Texas?
About half of our stockpile at Pantex place for dismantlement...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:58 pm Personally I think we should leave them staffed and use them to launch an attack to take over the breakaway state, then once complete redefine it as a territory. We’ll keep the Union intact, while eliminating the ability of Texans who have brought us politicians like Ted Cruz to have a say in our national government.
Since TX culture is increasingly showing itself to be incompatible with democratic ideals, maybe they should get the PR treatment and only be given non-voting seats in Washington.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

neeneko wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:57 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:58 pm Personally I think we should leave them staffed and use them to launch an attack to take over the breakaway state, then once complete redefine it as a territory. We’ll keep the Union intact, while eliminating the ability of Texans who have brought us politicians like Ted Cruz to have a say in our national government.
Since TX culture is increasingly showing itself to be incompatible with democratic ideals, maybe they should get the PR treatment and only be given non-voting seats in Washington.
If they secede, why would they be in Washington?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:58 pm
Personally I think we should leave them staffed and use them to launch an attack to take over the breakaway state, then once complete redefine it as a territory. We’ll keep the Union intact, while eliminating the ability of Texans who have brought us politicians like Ted Cruz to have a say in our national government.
I'm sure we could find a way to break it up to provide half a dozen safe Democratic Senators.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

They want a Texit. Ask the British how well that's working out for them.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

We must, at the same time, ensure that Mexico won’t take them in.

Also, too, If the osg handles the trade negotiations for them, commerce with the rest of North America will be ridiculous and onerous. Just like Brexit.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Give Texas back to Mexico

Or Spain

Or better to the indigenous people
(other people on their lands can be classed as undocumented aliens)

:boxing:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:10 pm If they secede, why would they be in Washington?
Because I give a newly independent TX about a month before they do something that reminds the US what kind of national security disaster they represent and thus get themselves invaded.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:09 am Give Texas back to Mexico

Or Spain

ooh.. then relocate the settlers to a reservation in Alaska.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

neeneko wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:49 am

Or Spain

And THEN can we carve up what's left to give us 6 new safe Democratic Senate seats?

:prettyplease: :pray:

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I just find it ironic that the U.S. Supreme Court case finding that states could not, on their own, secede from the Union, was Texas v. White. Decided in 1869.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

(shhhhhh!!!!! We really, really want them to try.)
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:02 pm I just find it ironic that the U.S. Supreme Court case finding that states could not, on their own, secede from the Union, was Texas v. White. Decided in 1869.
That isn't settled law.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

neeneko wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:49 am

Or Spain

Then you can donate Alaska to the Russians ;) :twisted:

Return to “Current Politics”