Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Greg Abbott - Gregory Wayne Abbott, former TX AG, now 48th Governor of Texas

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Greg Abbott - Gregory Wayne Abbott, former TX AG, now 48th Governor of Texas

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Re: Greg Abbott - Gregory Wayne Abbott, former TX AG, now 48th Governor of Texas

Post by pipistrelle »

That sounds like anencephaly, one of the most horrifying conditions I can think of.

https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefects ... phaly.html
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:53 pm That sounds like anencephaly, one of the most horrifying conditions I can think of.

1 in 4,600 odds don’t seem so good when you’re thinking about a country the size of the US. An awful lot of women are going to have difficulty accessing badly needed healthcare.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:14 am
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:53 pm That sounds like anencephaly, one of the most horrifying conditions I can think of.

1 in 4,600 odds don’t seem so good when you’re thinking about a country the size of the US. An awful lot of women are going to have difficulty accessing badly needed healthcare.
Eh? They's just wimmins...

They're like Doritos, we'll make more. :bag:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

:snippity:
The governor, prior to the bus’ Friday arrival in Manhattan, had already sent thousands of migrants to Washington, D.C., in the escalating political battle where Mayor Adams quickly denounced Abbott for grandstanding on the backs of the new arrivals.

This is despicable what we’re witnessing in Texas,” Adams said later at Gracie Mansion. “The Texas governor — using human beings as a political play — he finally admitted what we were saying. We’re going to continue to be open arms. This is who we are as a city.”

Adams planned to speak later Friday with federal officials about additional funding to offer support to the new arrivals. A mayoral spokesman had earlier denounced Abbott’s bus stunt as “an embarrassing stain on the state of Texas” while dismissing the governor as an “inept politician.”
:snippity:
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... story.html

"using human beings as a political play" <- this
raison de arizona

Abbott is an abject failure. His policies continue to harm and even kill people, including children.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:23 pm Abbott is an abject failure. His policies continue to harm and even kill people, including children.
For the QOP, it's a feature, not a bug...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:23 pm Abbott is an abject failure. His policies continue to harm and even kill people, including children.
Since I rarely hear the word 'abject' used in any other context but to modify the word 'failure', I hereby and forthwith propose the subject's Official Fogbow Name be 'Greg Abject'. Does anyone second?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Hear hear! I second that motion!
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I second the seconding!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'mma stick with "Governor Roller Nazi".

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

why-not-both.jpg
why-not-both.jpg (19.57 KiB) Viewed 914 times
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Indeed, it's not like we're arguing the sandal vs the gourd here.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

So the correct style is "HRD* Gregory Abject, Governor Roller Nazi"

*Royal Order of the Douche, styled His Royal Douche

Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:11 pm So the correct style is "HRD* Gregory Abject, Governor Roller Nazi"

*Royal Order of the Douche, styled His Royal Douche
Change approved.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:like:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Abbott on Fox right now. I believe he just said that Soros gave $1M to Beto's campaign. I thought there were limits on campaign contributions, but I'm not up on how that all works. :shrug:

Does anyone know how Abbott is funding these buses? They can't be cheap just to hire a bus and driver, let alone feed these folks along the way. Or is he sending it all freight collect?
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:24 am Does anyone know how Abbott is funding these buses? They can't be cheap just to hire a bus and driver, let alone feed these folks along the way. Or is he sending it all freight collect?
The state is funding them, but I don’t know from where exactly. Knowing Abbott, it’s probably from funds meant for schools or something equally odious.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:51 am
Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:24 am Does anyone know how Abbott is funding these buses? They can't be cheap just to hire a bus and driver, let alone feed these folks along the way. Or is he sending it all freight collect?
The state is funding them, but I don’t know from where exactly. Knowing Abbott, it’s probably from funds meant for schools or something equally odious.
TY. I hope the reporters dig and find out and expose the bastard.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Maybe COVID relief Federal Dollars?

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Loaves and fishes?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona

He's taking donations for at least part of it. Purportedly.
Donate to the Border Transportation Funding
In the wake of President Biden’s decision to end Title 42 expulsions, Governor Abbott has directed the Texas Division of Emergency Management to charter buses to transport migrants to Washington, D.C. You can donate online now by credit card* or donate by mail by sending a check to the address below. Note that any unused Border Transportation Funding will be applied to the Texas Border Wall Funding.

Donate
Donate by Check:

Border Transportation Funding
P.O. Box 13244
Austin, TX 78711
https://feepay.txapps.texas.gov/oog/bor ... n-funding/
Border Transportation Funding Donations
As of July 22, 2022: $118,297

Border Wall Funding Donations
As of July 22, 2022: $55,334,747
https://www.borderwall.texas.gov/

The former has probably exploded since they started the 24/7 nonstop coverage on Fox News of the buses arriving in NYC.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

So they have a "You too can be an asshole" GoFundMe?

:crazy:

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

How Many Texas REpublicans.jpg
How Many Texas REpublicans.jpg (80.77 KiB) Viewed 553 times

Return to “Current Politics”