Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Books Post-Presidency About The Disgraced, Twice Impeached Florida Retiree Trump

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
AndyinPA
Verified:

Books Post-Presidency About The Disgraced, Twice Impeached Florida Retiree Trump

Post by AndyinPA »

That was before we all realized he was right about DFO.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

From the Cohen book.
I didn’t work for the campaign. I dealt with a petty tyrant who ran a small family company. He wasn’t yet an international pestilence.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

A pestilence? Can we have MaL powdered in DDT, please, asap? Or Agent Orange - to defoil the place and uncover hidden boxes?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Enough already.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

If there weren't sanctions, Putin could make good money by publishing the "pee pee" tapes :twisted:
► Show Spoiler
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:11 pm If there weren't sanctions, Putin could make good money by publishing the "pee pee" tapes :twisted:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Maggie's book is a monster, Broward County Library keeps buying copies of the audiobook to keep up with the demand. Posted the latest for Maggie. Had the audiobook once already but wanted to hear some of it again. Funny thing is Broward Library saw it and followed me. :P

OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 4h
Replying to @maggieNYT
Maggie, here's a 10/20/22 update -- At Broward Public Library (Fort Lauderdale, FL), @BrowardLibrary keeps buying copies, 188 people are waiting, around an 8-week wait. That's amazing, I never saw a demand like this. Congratulations on Confidence Man's colossal success.

Maggie.JPG
Maggie.JPG (56.13 KiB) Viewed 1015 times

Broward.JPG
Broward.JPG (42.27 KiB) Viewed 1015 times

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:34 am Maggie's book is a monster, Broward County Library keeps buying copies of the audiobook to keep up with the demand. Posted the latest for Maggie. Had the audiobook once already but wanted to hear some of it again. Funny thing is Broward Library saw it and followed me. :P
I can try to find out from my brother if there's a single specific person who runs that social media account, if you like. It might take a few days. I think he and my sister-in-law are taking the annual anniversary pilgrimage to EPCOT and I try to let them enjoy The Happiest Place On Earth without bother.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Who has read The Divider by Peter Baker and Susan Glasser? I just finished it. It was packed with juicy detail and I'm positive that a lot of lawyers in the White House and DOJ were sources. Nevertheless, in all the post-Trump books, I was looking for an explanation of exactly what Trump planned to do if his mob had succeeded in sacking the Capitol and capturing, injuring, or killing members inside. Maybe there isn't an explanation and there wasn't a plan.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Grown men and women, afraid of the big crybaby whiner who lost by 7 million votes. Shameful.

But deep down, he knew the good people of this great land of ours were not going to allow him to overturn the election. No. :talktothehand:

He might have managed it, but I think cowardice played a rôle.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Yes. He never would have marched to the Capitol with the mob. It has come out recently that his inner circle laughed about it. They said they had never seen the man even walk across a golf course without a golf cart. No, I don't think he planned to stand in triumph in the well of the Senate as the new dictator. I think they just planned more delay so they could try to pressure state officials some more.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

No, he planned to be driven there in his limo, but the Secret Service trapped him in the car and told him no fucking way. And he went apeshit.

Remember that little detail?
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:16 pm Who has read The Divider by Peter Baker and Susan Glasser? I just finished it. It was packed with juicy detail and I'm positive that a lot of lawyers in the White House and DOJ were sources. Nevertheless, in all the post-Trump books, I was looking for an explanation of exactly what Trump planned to do if his mob had succeeded in sacking the Capitol and capturing, injuring, or killing members inside. Maybe there isn't an explanation and there wasn't a plan.
I'm on a waiting list for it but I pushed it back until mid-January. Too much to catch up on. And not doing any of it. But I imagine it will depress me like the others.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

It depressed me, but I believe that I need to know as much as I can about the shitshow.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:56 pm Yes. He never would have marched to the Capitol with the mob. It has come out recently that his inner circle laughed about it. They said they had never seen the man even walk across a golf course without a golf cart. No, I don't think he planned to stand in triumph in the well of the Senate as the new dictator. I think they just planned more delay so they could try to pressure state officials some more.
Remember the G-7 summit in Taormina, Italy, where all presidents strolled down the old town road to their next destination, while the former guy lingered back until the Secret Service brought his presidential golf cart along?

"Donald Trump Took A Golf Cart 700 Yards And Kept G7 Leaders Waiting For Photo*
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... 5b20b7010d
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Yes, that was hugely embarrassing, among many other travesties that embarrassed the United States.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Prosecutors likened Trump to mob boss and had to prove he wasn’t insane – book
Mark Pomerantz, who was on New York team investigating tax affairs, reportedly compares ex-president to John Gotti

Martin Pengelly in New York
Fri 3 Feb 2023 21.59 GMT

New York prosecutors building a case against Donald Trump for allegedly lying about his wealth for tax purposes had to show the former president was “not legally insane”, one of those prosecutors reportedly writes in an eagerly awaited new book.

The lawyer, Mark Pomerantz, also reportedly compares Trump, the only confirmed candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 2024, to famous figures in the world of organised crime including John Gotti, the “Teflon Don” who died in prison in 2002.

In messages seen by the Guardian on Friday, one former Trump administration official called the comparison “unfair to the late Mr Gotti”.

Pomerantz was part of attempts by the Manhattan district attorney’s office to build a case against Trump, but quit in February 2022 as the DA, Alvin Bragg, decided not to indict.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/ ... rantz-book
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Looking forward to this book. I know Friday was only yesterday :oldlady:, but I believe Nicolle Wallace will have Pomerantz on Tuesday's DeadLine WH.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

All those videos on Youtube where police arrests someone shouts - "I DID NOTHING WRONG!" :lol:
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I think tRump is trying to be like Mary Poppins: "Practically Perfect in Every Way."
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump called his CFO Allen Weisselberg 'My Jewish CPA' to his face, and threatened him to 'make me happy or else,' according to a new book

Jacob Shamsian,Laura Italiano
Mon, February 6, 2023 at 10:24 PM GMT+1
  • Donald Trump called his CFO Allen Weisselberg his "Jewish CPA," according to a new book.
    The revelation comes from Weisselberg's ex-daughter-in-law's interview with prosecutors.
    Trump reportedly told Weisselberg to make him happy "or else," ex-prosecutor Mark Pomerantz wrote in his book.
Former President Donald Trump called his company's former chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg his "Jewish CPA" and pressured him to "make me happy, or else," according to an interview Weisselberg's former daughter-in-law gave to the Manhattan district attorney's office.

Trump's language was quoted by Jennifer Weisselberg in an interview with investigators from the Manhattan prosecutor's office, according to a forthcoming book by ex-prosecutor Mark Pomerantz. Jennifer described how Allen Weisselberg received lavish benefits from the Trump Organization without paying taxes on them, according to the book.

"As for Trump's view of Allen Weisselberg, Jennifer claimed to have heard Trump tell Weisselberg that 'you know what to do, my Jewish CPA ... make me happy, or else,'" Pomerantz wrote in his book, a copy of which Insider obtained.

Allen Weisselberg worked for the Trump Organization for decades, rising to the role of CFO and managing the personal finances of Trump's family members. Prosecutors at the Manhattan district attorney's office have sought his cooperation for their long-running investigation into Trump's finances, which remains ongoing.

Despite his extensive business management experience, Weisselberg does not actually hold a certified public accountant license, or CPA, according to New York state records.

In interviews with Insider in early 2021, Jennifer Weisselberg described how she gave "boxes of documents," obtained through her messy divorce from Allen Weisselberg's son Barry Weisselberg, to investigators at the Manhattan district attorney and New York attorney general offices. She said Trump controlled high-level employees like Allen Weisselberg by covering things like tuition, apartments, and other perks, and at the same time allowing both the company and the employees to avoid paying taxes.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-called ... 12809.html
(original: INSIDER)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Untouchable review: Trump as ‘lawless Houdini’ above US justice
Elie Honig offers a powerful indictment of the former president and those who have failed to bring him down

Charles Kaiser
Sun 12 Feb 2023 07.00 GMT

This book by a former federal prosecutor is subtitled “How Powerful People Get Away With It” but its overwhelming focus is Donald Trump and Merrick Garland, the most famous unindicted miscreant of modern times and the attorney general most responsible for the failure, so far, to prosecute any of his offences.

Elie Honig writes that a “staggering parade” of Trump’s henchmen have been indicted, convicted, imprisoned or all three: Michael Cohen, Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, Michael Flynn, Steve Bannon, Peter Navarro, Rick Gates, George Papadopoulos, Lev Parnas, Igor Fruman, Thomas Barrack, Elliott Broidy, Sam Patten, George Nader, Allen Weisselberg and – last but not least – the Trump Organization itself.

And yet, somehow, “a lawless Houdini … stands at the epicenter of the carnage, untouched, undeterred, and, if anything, emboldened”.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/ ... elie-honig
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

"Nobody is above the law" is the most ridiculous and utterly false claim made by many in our so-called justice system. Ok, yeah, I get that we have the best theoretical justice system in the world. But our justice system does not live up to it's principles.

Merrick Garland would have made an excellent Supreme Court justice. His demeanor and careful consideration is exactly what makes a good judge, and we need more judges like that. But ferchrisakes, he's the top prosecutor in the US. His demeanor is not that of a prosecutor. I like the man but he is in the wrong job. I get why Biden chose him, but making him AGOTUS does not make up for McConnell's corruption of the Senate's confirmation process.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”