Books Post-Presidency About The Disgraced, Twice Impeached Florida Retiree Trump

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Azastan
Verified:

Re: Books Post-Presidency About The Disgraced, Twice Impeached Florida Retiree Trump

Post by Azastan »

"These people love me," Trump told Ryan, according to Woodward and Costa. "These are my people. I can't backstab the people who support me."

Dude, you backstab people all the time.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: Books Post-Presidency About The Disgraced, Twice Impeached Florida Retiree Trump

Post by Frater I*I »

Azastan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:22 am

"These people love me," Trump told Ryan, according to Woodward and Costa. "These are my people. I can't backstab the people who support me."

Dude, you backstab people all the time.
Blunt, and to the point :thumbsup:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.businessinsider.com/paul-ry ... ook-2021-9
Then-House Speaker Paul Ryan started studying how to interact with people with narcissistic personality disorder after Donald Trump won the 2016 election, according to a new book by The Washington Post's Bob Woodward and Robert Costa.

Insider obtained an early copy of "Peril," which is set to be released next week.

According to the book, Ryan was caught off guard when Trump won the election in an enormous upset over Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Republicans controlled the House and Senate, and Ryan, realizing that he would have to work with Trump, started researching how to deal with someone who is "amoral and transactional," the book says.

A wealthy doctor in New York, who was also a Republican donor, contacted Ryan later and told him, "You need to understand what narcissistic personality disorder is," according to the book.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Seems like Grisham picked the wrong month to release her book.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 pm Seems like Grisham picked the wrong month to release her book.
Stephanie who?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Sorry, I know not of whom you speak.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Nobody said Barr is dumb. Evil, but not dumb. Luckily, TFA ignored his political advice.

Whew. :|
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:44 am Nobody said Barr is dumb. Evil, but not dumb. Luckily, TFA ignored his political advice.

Whew. :|
My thought was it takes one to know one.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:13 pm Seems like Grisham picked the wrong month to release her book.
And also the wrong month to quit sniffing glue...

I'll come in again...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Yay! Peril audiobook was waiting from Overdrive, had recommended it in August. They say if you recommend it, they put you first on the list.The librarian mentioned that Overdrive is going away in January, then it's just the app called Libby. Downloaded it and it remembered all the audiobooks checked out. Getting started ASAP. The audiobook is 13 hours and 30 minutes. If there are spoilers, will put them in a spoiler tag.

Not a spoiler -- the readout of the full transcript of the call between Pelosi and Milley is worth the price of admission. How Bob & Bob got that is amazing. Damn.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Up to Chapter 15, it's really well done. It's still going through the primaries and that wild South Carolina turnaround thanks to Jim Clyburn.

Woodward Costa.JPG
Woodward Costa.JPG (76.63 KiB) Viewed 952 times

Tiny thing, but proud both Woodward and Costa liked the tweet, they deserved it. :P

Bob and Bob.JPG
Bob and Bob.JPG (32.53 KiB) Viewed 952 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I didn't make as much progress on my day off yesterday as I'd hoped. It started a bit slow covering all the Biden am I going to run history, but from the stuff they're revealing it's going to pick up real soon :smoking:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:snippity:
Sexist language toward women
While he was in the White House, Mr. Trump’s targets included a young press aide whom Ms. Grisham says the president repeatedly invited up to his Air Force One cabin, including once to “look at her,” using an expletive to describe her rear end. Mr. Trump, she writes, instructed her to promote the woman and “keep her happy.” Instead, Ms. Grisham tried to keep her away from the president.

During an Oval Office rant about E. Jean Carroll, who has accused Mr. Trump of raping her in the 1990s, Mr. Trump first insults Ms. Carroll’s looks. Then he gazes into Ms. Grisham eyes and says something that unnerves her.

“‘You just deny it,’” he told Ms. Grisham. ‘That’s what you do in every situation. Right, Stephanie? You just deny it,’ he repeated, emphasizing the words.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/28/us/p ... trump.html
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

In the new book by Trump’s former WH Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham, she alleges that he was so upset that Stormy Daniels said he had a small penis shaped like a toadstool, that he called her from Air Force One to insist it wasn’t true.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
bob

Post by bob »

Also from Grisham's book:
Image ImageImage
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I understand the various reasons for staying in a job where the boss routinely uses sexist, racist, and other abusive language.

I'm just here to say that every single one of the people who tolerated that made the wrong choice. And this is one of the great ills of humanity.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:yeahthat: x1000

ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Some of those people must have felt like we did: stunned at first, not believing that this…man…was President. His onslaught of lies, broken norms, and broken promises was relentless and left little time to formulate a response before the next outrageous thing. I’m not sure anyone could have saved us from him. Even if they tried, there were enough weasels working for him that he could count on someone sweeping it under a rug somewhere.

I’m looking forward to this. :mrgreen:

MR. Woodward’s book was not my favorite of this series, Rage was. I did enjoy several sections, though, notably the detailed timeline of Jan 6.

ETA Though I didnt expect it, I appreciated his focus on Biden, too.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... p_homepage

WAPO has a copy.

She is particularly negative about the president’s daughter, Ivanka Trump, and her husband Jared Kushner — both of whom held senior White House positions. She wrote that the first lady and White House staff called Ivanka “the Princess” who regularly invoked “my father” in work meetings, and Grisham dubbed Kushner “the Slim Reaper” for his habit of inserting himself into other people’s projects, making a mess and leaving them to take the blame.

Tellingly, Grisham writes that Ivanka and Jared tried to push their way into meeting Queen Elizabeth II alongside the president and first lady, a wild breach of protocol on a state visit, but were thwarted when they couldn’t fit into the helicopter. “I finally figured out what was going on,” Grisham writes. “Jared and Ivanka thought they were the royal family of the United States.”

“I had shared with Mrs. Trump many times my opinion that if we lost reelection in 2020 it would be because of Jared,” Grisham writes. “She didn’t disagree with me.”
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

:?

Brain bleach, please.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

From Wikipedia:'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanie_Grisham
Grisham began voting in Arizona as a registered Democrat in 1997.[16] Grisham attended Colorado Mesa University, but did not earn a degree.
Career

Grisham was the spokeswoman for AAA Arizona in 2007,[17] but was fired within a year after being accused of cheating on expense reports.[18] Grisham was fired from a subsequent job at ad agency Mindspace over plagiarism charges, copying AAA material verbatim into her client's web page.[18]

From 2008 to 2010, Grisham worked as a spokeswoman for the Arizona Charter Schools Association.[16][18] There she met Tom Horne, Arizona's superintendent of public schools.[16] Circa 2011 to 2014, Grisham served as spokeswoman for Tom Horne after he was elected Arizona attorney general.[16] She witnessed the 2014 execution of Joseph Wood and controversially claimed that the two hour ordeal had been "quite peaceful" despite contrary observations.[19][20][21]

After Republican Mark Brnovich defeated Horne in the 2014 GOP primary, Grisham worked as a spokesperson for the Arizona House of Representatives Republican caucus.[16] She revoked the Arizona Capitol Times's press credentials hours after their reporting that the House speaker, David Gowan, had traveled at state taxpayers' expense during his campaign for Congress.[16][22] Reporters refused to comply, and Gowan rescinded the order.[16][18]
What a gem.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Only the best!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

bob wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:35 pm
That had to hurt.

Good.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”