Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Books Post-Presidency About The Disgraced, Twice Impeached Florida Retiree Trump

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
pipistrelle

Re: Books Post-Presidency About The Disgraced, Twice Impeached Florida Retiree Trump

Post by pipistrelle »

C’mon. She said she would never lie to the American people. Unless that was a lie.

I don’t know how these lying liars live with themselves.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Books Post-Presidency About The Disgraced, Twice Impeached Florida Retiree Trump

Post by Luke »

She got down on her knees in the bathroom.

Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski Nov 30
Kayleigh McEnany on her first presser: “I was a wreck, I was crying .. I got down on my knees in the bathroom and I prayed. All of the sudden, when I took the podium, all those tears had melted away and I had this total serenity that was only made possible because of Christ.”

Thank you Broward Library, they haven't bought this trash and wasted taxpayer money.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:puke:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:32 pm C’mon. She said she would never lie to the American people. Unless that was a lie.

I don’t know how these lying liars live with themselves.
They aren't lying, pipi. They are describing a world which, in their minds, make sense. That's much skeerier than lying. Call it a cult, if you will.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I will. I do.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Have actually liked Stephanie Grisham's book more than expected, listening to the free audiobook through Overdrive. Other than her annoying voice, the stories are pretty funny. They screwed her over so she has no fu*ks to give. For the price (free) it's interesting.

They still haven't bought For Such a Time as This by Kayleigh McEnany. Too, also, Mark Meadows' book isn't on Overdrive. Thank you Broward Library.

David Corn did a comparison to Mark's texts vs what he said in his book:
22 hours ago
I Compared the New January 6 Texts to Mark Meadows’ Book. It’s Damning.
Trump’s last chief of staff is hiding what happened that awful day.
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... s-damning/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:24 pm They still haven't bought For Such a Time as This by Kayleigh McEnany. Too, also, Mark Meadows' book isn't on Overdrive. Thank you Broward Library.
Broward County Library has a Collection Recommendation form which you can use to suggest books that they purchase.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Thanks, I know, have used it and they've bought stuff we've recommended. There's both a form and also a recommendation feature under books they do own... you can recommend a certain number. What they need is a DON'T ADD TO COLLECTION form! :lol: Gotta ask Ben Prime to tell his brother to add that, don't want our tax money spent on that bullsh*t 8-)
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

I read Stephanie Grisham's book. It had some pretty good anecdotes about Melania. Other than the fact that Stephanie still, mostly, loves her, by the end of the book she is very disenchanted with Trump. And she HATES Mark Meadows with a purple passion.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:11 pm Thanks, I know, have used it and they've bought stuff we've recommended. There's both a form and also a recommendation feature under books they do own... you can recommend a certain number. What they need is a DON'T ADD TO COLLECTION form! :lol: Gotta ask Ben Prime to tell his brother to add that, don't want our tax money spent on that bullsh*t 8-)
Now I wish I'd read this 10 minutes ago when I was on the phone with him asking for a favor. But, alas, not likely -- him and his wife, my lovely sister-in-law, also a professional librarian, were two of BCL's loudest voices for expanding library collections outside and disregarding the judgment of public opinion. My brother even spent a few years as the chair of the local Very Much Not a Union professional association for librarians and other information service professionals in the county (the BCLA) and despite or perhaps because of being one of the surliest cusses I know, was actually pretty good at fighting off early-to-mid-2000s proto-Karens looking to get books removed or not purchased.

Obviously, we grok that there's a difference between the two behaviors, but I think it would leave a bad taste in his mouth.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Luke

Post by Luke »

I was just kidding Ben, they are doing a great job there. So far, the Meadows, Kayleigh & Navarro books have not been purchased and that's terrific. Expecting that they will but for the moment it's great to see "no results found". Hate seeing money being put in the pockets of these liars and criminals.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
orlylicious wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:00 pm I was just kidding Ben, they are doing a great job there. So far, the Meadows, Kayleigh & Navarro books have not been purchased and that's terrific. Expecting that they will but for the moment it's great to see "no results found". Hate seeing money being put in the pockets of these liars and criminals.
FWIW, I did pass along word that BCL's hard work is very much appreciated. Separate topic for some other thread, I guess, but when you stop and think about how much libraries have had to evolve and change in the Internet/Mobile Device age, into full-fledged community centers, it's rather awe-inspiring.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Add my voice to your brother’s praise. In high school, my plan was to major in French, get a degree in Library Science and work at the American University in Paris. 🤣 Didn’t get quite that far. George Mason required 4 years of a foreign language to graduate. I took a placement test and placed entirely out of the language requirement but the French teacher resented that and I was required to take a graduate-level French lit class instead my freshman year. L’Etranger. That teacher really hated me. First semester I flunked out of the class* for my attitude; protested, was reinstated. She figured out other ways to torture me. Eventually I dropped the class, and my dreams. Hardest class I should never have taken.

I didn’t finish Stephanie’s book. I decided she was lying about 90% of it about a quarter of the way through. Not worth the time.

Betrayal will prove to be an invaluable resource in the future, I think. Well-written.

* Man, I worked so hard to keep an A- average. I didn’t flunk out, she failed me.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:11 pm
Off Topic
orlylicious wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:00 pm I was just kidding Ben, they are doing a great job there. So far, the Meadows, Kayleigh & Navarro books have not been purchased and that's terrific. Expecting that they will but for the moment it's great to see "no results found". Hate seeing money being put in the pockets of these liars and criminals.
FWIW, I did pass along word that BCL's hard work is very much appreciated. Separate topic for some other thread, I guess, but when you stop and think about how much libraries have had to evolve and change in the Internet/Mobile Device age, into full-fledged community centers, it's rather awe-inspiring.
Great idea for a topic, The Evolution of Libraries, would def participate if you start it. As you said, so much has changed... we didn't know we could get electronic library cards and that they had so many audiobooks, videos & eBooks. Titanic changes and because of BCL, we canceled Audible after years of having it because most books we just listen to once. It's a perfect solution.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I can start a library evolution thread if you guys want. I used to volunteer at a local branch's bookstore. They had everything, English classes for immigrants, lots of children's programs, a program for kids after school who didn't want to go home to an empty house. Our bookstore financed those programs. Every spring, they offered free tax service for people over 65. Retired accountants came in to give back to the community.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:28 pm I can start a library evolution thread if you guys want. I used to volunteer at a local branch's bookstore. They had everything, English classes for immigrants, lots of children's programs, a program for kids after school who didn't want to go home to an empty house. Our bookstore financed those programs. Every spring, they offered free tax service for people over 65. Retired accountants came in to give back to the community.
Off Topic
I'd participate. They've evolved a lot, now so many books are digital I don't use interlibrary loan as much, but it was fun to see where the library would find them. One even came from a Benedictine Abby library.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Political Prisoner: Persecuted, Prosecuted, but Not Silenced Hardcover – August 16, 2022
by Paul Manafort (Author)

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Read the tl;dr blurb, I dare ya.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

One might say tfg badgered him about it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sounds about right for a toddler, when you're trying to teach him to tie his shoes.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Or toilet training.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I really do hope there is a movie about the Trump administration that comes out before the 2024 election. And I want that movie to have all the scenes showing him in his bathrobe watching Fox and Friends until 11 AM. Scenes showing how he behaved in the White House during meetings. Scenes showing Ivanka Trump leading adults in clapping for her father at the beginning of what are supposed to be serious high level staff and cabinet meetings. I want Trump voters to have to see exactly how this imbecilic toddler behaved in the White House. How the person they voted for actually behaved in the White House.

:prettyplease:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RVInit wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:58 pm I really do hope there is a movie about the Trump administration that comes out before the 2024 election. And I want that movie to have all the scenes showing him in his bathrobe watching Fox and Friends until 11 AM. Scenes showing how he behaved in the White House during meetings. Scenes showing Ivanka Trump leading adults in clapping for her father at the beginning of what are supposed to be serious high level staff and cabinet meetings. I want Trump voters to have to see exactly how this imbecilic toddler behaved in the White House. How the person they voted for actually behaved in the White House.

:prettyplease:
They know that. They voted for that. They applaud it. They see it as his way of sticking it to the mythical “deep state.”
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I really don't think they do know that. These people watch Faux propaganda, Newsmx, and OANN. They think he worked hard all day. I think a movie that shows what his daily routine was like and how he truly acted during meetings would make them uncomfortable. I'm not saying it would change their vote, but I don't think they really truly know what an imbecile he really is. It's true they know some of the wild things he does, but not the sheer stupidity, Faux doesn't show that crap. I watched it quite a bit (as much as I could stand) in order to try to understand why his voters weren't embarrassed. It's because Faux does a good job of filtering all the idiocy out.

I want these people to see the same things we have seen. Again, not that it will change their minds, but at least to make them a little uncomfortable about it.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:21 am One might say tfg badgered him about it.
I wonder if this was when people were talking about 'Honey Badger don't care'?

He'd certainly be ignorant enough (and I might add, most of his cult members) to not know that a honey badger is not the same as the American Badger, nor is it the same as the European Badger.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RVInit wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:40 pm I really don't think they do know that. These people watch Faux propaganda, Newsmx, and OANN. They think he worked hard all day. I think a movie that shows what his daily routine was like and how he truly acted during meetings would make them uncomfortable. I'm not saying it would change their vote, but I don't think they really truly know what an imbecile he really is. It's true they know some of the wild things he does, but not the sheer stupidity, Faux doesn't show that crap. I watched it quite a bit (as much as I could stand) in order to try to understand why his voters weren't embarrassed. It's because Faux does a good job of filtering all the idiocy out.

I want these people to see the same things we have seen. Again, not that it will change their minds, but at least to make them a little uncomfortable about it.
They wouldn't believe it for a minute. Unless it heaped the highest possible praise on TFG, they would consider it "fake news" or "Deep state propaganda".

Even if footage appeared that came from Jarod or Ivanka's cell phones, and showing one or both of them in the shot, TFG's supporters won't believe it is true. Even then, they would probably just dismiss it as showing the casual work attitude in the WH.

Face it, the true believers are just that, true believers. Nothing will shake their faith in him.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”