Books Post-Presidency About The Disgraced, Twice Impeached Florida Retiree Trump

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Suranis

Re: Books Post-Presidency About The Disgraced, Twice Impeached Florida Retiree Trump

Post by Suranis »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Dan Quayle, saviour of the American Republic

Thing is I have no doubt that Pence called Quayle hoping that Quayle would be spineless enough to tell Pence he could send the votes back for a recount. Instead he got Quayle's secret Identity Superquayle who respected the position and knew what Pence could and could not do.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Books Post-Presidency About The Disgraced, Twice Impeached Florida Retiree Trump

Post by Foggy »

Gotta admit I never thought I'd see the word Superquayle. :lol:

New band name: Superquayle and the Superpotatoe!
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Yeah, but it’s disturbing as hell Pence asked.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Now, if Pence had asked Quayle how to spell "potato", he might have gotten the answer he wanted.

I doubt that Quayle will ever forget how to spell that word, after the humiliation he suffered over it. To be fair, the school had provided him with a card with the "correct" answer on it, spelled "potatoe".

Quayle was definitely not the brightest VP we've ever had.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Did not see that coming.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

noblepa wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:10 pm Now, if Pence had asked Quayle how to spell "potato", he might have gotten the answer he wanted.

I doubt that Quayle will ever forget how to spell that word, after the humiliation he suffered over it. To be fair, the school had provided him with a card with the "correct" answer on it, spelled "potatoe".

Quayle was definitely not the brightest VP we've ever had.
and then he "took on" on Murphy Brown....bwahahahaha
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Vice Presidents have had to preside over the loss of the sitting President (Rockefeller, Mondale, Quayle, Pence) but some Vice President's had to preside over their own loss (Nixon, Humphry, Gore) and 2 of those elections were very close. However, unlike the disgraced loser, they accepted the role with grace and did what they were required to do.
101010 :towel:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

fuckhead knows nothing about grace, love, friendship, truth, empathy, honesty, class, couth or caring about others

all he knows is me me me
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

how does the gop attack Milley for going behind trump's back without acknowledging why he went behind trump's back?

ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:44 pm how does the gop attack Milley for going behind trump's back without acknowledging why he went behind trump's back?
Simple....he defied Zee Furher...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
slq

Post by slq »

I'm #41 on the list for 12 copies for the audio CD at my library. I'll have to figure out how to play it. :lol: The other options were in the hundreds.
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:52 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:44 pm how does the gop attack Milley for going behind trump's back without acknowledging why he went behind trump's back?
Simple....he defied Zee Furher...,
Rubio answered it. Basically, everybody knows what a swell guy zee, errr, president trump is. How dare Milley! He must resign or be fired!

ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

northland10 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:26 pm Vice Presidents have had to preside over the loss of the sitting President (Rockefeller, Mondale, Quayle, Pence) but some Vice President's had to preside over their own loss (Nixon, Humphry, Gore) and 2 of those elections were very close. However, unlike the disgraced loser, they accepted the role with grace and did what they were required to do.
To be fair to Pence: I watched post-insurrection electoral-vote certification, and I thought Pence did a good job. He understood history was watching; he duly rejected, with the appropriate solemnity, all the inadequate objections. Notwithstanding the monumental events earlier in the day.
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

bob wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:33 am To be fair to Pence: I watched post-insurrection electoral-vote certification, and I thought Pence did a good job. He understood history was watching; he duly rejected, with the appropriate solemnity, all the inadequate objections. Notwithstanding the monumental events earlier in the day.
For clarity, I did not mean Pence had not conducted himself appropriately that day. He did. It was more a reflection on the former VPs who had to preside over the joint session gathered to certify that that VP had lost the election for President, including in 2 close elections (and court case). Unlike Trump who was pouting, fomenting insurrection, and generally being a lying sack, both Gore, Nixon, and Humphry conducted a role that sent them to political oblivion, at least temporarily for Nixon.
101010 :towel:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

CNN finally reported on Quayle's involvement: How Dan Quayle saved democracy. Yes, really.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/politics ... gfooterold
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Haven't read it yet so sorry for asking, but has Quayle made a statement?

ImageImageImage x4
somerset

Post by somerset »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:10 pm Haven't read it yet so sorry for asking, but has Quayle made a statement?
I don't see any upside for Quayle to get publicly involved with this.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Opinion Piece by Arwa Mahdawi

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... eputations
Every time a memoir by a former Trump staffer is announced it is marketed with words such as “bombshell”, “tell-all” and “scandal”. So far, however, none of these books have told us much we didn’t already know. Thanks to Lewandowski’s book we know Trump got his former aide Hope Hicks to steam his trousers … while he was wearing them. Cohen’s book told us – shocker! – that Trump said lots of very racist things. Taylor’s book “revealed” that everyone in the Trump administration complained about how badly run everything was. Nothing in any of these memoirs justifies their hypocritical authors getting a fat advance and a chance to whitewash their reputations.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yep, the title says it all:

Why are there so many Trump staff memoirs? The authors need to whitewash their reputations

I've ordered Woodward's latest but Grisham can pound sand. I figure I'll hear all the juicy stuff in exerpts.

ImageImageImage x4
filly

Post by filly »

noblepa wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:13 pm CNN finally reported on Quayle's involvement: How Dan Quayle saved democracy. Yes, really.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/politics ... gfooterold
It's Chris Cillizza. He's a dope and his take is usually juvenile and nearly always wrong.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Lincoln Project needles DL2XIT. :lol:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-narcisis ... 6#cxrecs_s
Paul Ryan did extensive research on psychological disorders to learn how to deal with Trump: Bob Woodward

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

more from Raw Story about Ryan and trump

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-charlott ... 0#cxrecs_s

Trump exploded in rage at Paul Ryan after he denounced Charlottesville white supremacists: Bob Woodward

Ryan tried to explain to Trump that, as president of the United States, he had a duty to condemn neo-Nazis -- but Trump wouldn't hear of it.

"These people love me," Trump told Ryan, according to Woodward and Costa. "These are my people. I can't backstab the people who support me."

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

No surprise there. :smoking:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”