Hijack This Thread

AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

Haven't played that in years, but I played it a lot as a kid.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Hijack This Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

We had a croquet set growing up, did a lot of playing. Now it just makes me think of the movie Heathers.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Hijack This Thread

Post by sugar magnolia »

My girlfriend makes assemblage dogs out of old metal skates and croquet mallets and sells them for a couple of hundred dollars. She sells them faster than she can make them.
p0rtia

Hijack This Thread

Post by p0rtia »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:18 pm My girlfriend makes assemblage dogs out of old metal skates and croquet mallets and sells them for a couple of hundred dollars. She sells them faster than she can make them.
[/quote

Pictures, please! So cool.
sugar magnolia

Hijack This Thread

Post by sugar magnolia »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:39 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:18 pm My girlfriend makes assemblage dogs out of old metal skates and croquet mallets and sells them for a couple of hundred dollars. She sells them faster than she can make them.
[/quote

Pictures, please! So cool.
Attachments
629.jpg
629.jpg (70.66 KiB) Viewed 541 times
rollingrover.jpg
rollingrover.jpg (122.24 KiB) Viewed 544 times
p0rtia

Hijack This Thread

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks! Love it!

What are the ears made of?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Hijack This Thread

Post by northland10 »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:15 am Thanks! Love it!

Are those old license plates?

I remember using old ones in the garden but I forget the purpose. In the old days of constantly changing plates (and Michigan still had 2 back then), we had a supply of extra plates.
101010 :towel:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

jcolvin2 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:53 pm
bill_g wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:51 am That does it. I'm only using handcrafted organic sudoku puzzles from now on!
Do your puzzlecrafters live in Oregon or Vermont?
Japan I think. Nikoli. Besides lots of Scotch tape, ballpoint pens, and other insundry office supplies, Mrs bequeathed me with an awesome pile of Sudoku magazines. Most are the common grocery checkout type from PennyPress printed on low quality newspaper that requires the lightest touch with a pencil, or you'll tear the page. She also found some printed on glossy bond like most glamor and news mags that don't take a pencil or pen very well at all.

Then she found a few that are on Goldilocks paper - just right. Matte finish that doesn't reflect the overhead light glare. Medium weight paper that endures erasers, takes pencils well, and doesn't leak pens. Staple bound for easy page fold over. Multiple puzzles per page. And challenging enough to offer hours to days of solving. They claim to be handcrafted with an eye towards beauty as well as function.

I think they are right.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

Happy 🍀, peeps.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Lani

Hijack This Thread

Post by Lani »

Foggy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:03 amHappy 🍀, peeps.
Thanks!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Hijack This Thread

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:03 amHappy 🍀, peeps.
Peeps are for Easter.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
sugar magnolia

Hijack This Thread

Post by sugar magnolia »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:15 am Thanks! Love it!

License plates. The heads are old shoe forms, tails are springs and the leather straps from the skates, noses are wooden knobs, eyes are washers and bottle caps, and she uses a bunch of random stuff, too.

She bought about 500 of the wooden shoe forms from a defunct shoe factory several years ago and has already run out of them.
sugar magnolia

Hijack This Thread

Post by sugar magnolia »

bill_g wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:46 am and other insundry office supplies,
What are insundry office supplies?
bill_g

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:14 am
Filing cabinets filled with so much stuff, you don't know where to begin. Who knew that packs of ball point pens could dry out?
sugar magnolia

Hijack This Thread

Post by sugar magnolia »

bill_g wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:23 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:14 am
Filing cabinets filled with so much stuff, you don't know where to begin. Who knew that packs of ball point pens could dry out?
Never heard the word insundry. Neither has the dictionary.
bill_g

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am Never heard the word insundry. Neither has the dictionary.
Welcome to idioms.
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:56 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am Never heard the word insundry. Neither has the dictionary.
Welcome to idioms.
insundry vs and sundry : Common Errors in English

insundry or and sundry

“Sundry” means “various” in modern English, so strictly speaking expressions like “various and sundry” and “all and sundry” are redundant; but many redundant expressions are standard in English, as are these. “Sundry” used to mean “different from each,” which explains why the expressions weren’t redundant when they first evolved. They were a little like “each and every”: each single individual and all of them collectively.The fact that “and sundry” now doesn’t really add anything except a rhetorical flourish to the expression may help to explain why some folks mishear this phrase as “insundry.”
bill_g

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

God bless the English language! :biggrin:
Sam the Centipede

Hijack This Thread

Post by Sam the Centipede »

bill_g wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:26 pm God bless the English language! :biggrin:
He did! Ask most RWNJs – God loved the language so much that he wrote his Bible in English! :biggrin:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Hijack This Thread

https://x.com/TheWeightSaint/status/176 ... 34253?s=20
Richard Simmons @TheWeightSaint wrote: I have some news to tell you. Please don’t be sad. I am ….dying. Oh I can see your faces now. The truth is we all are dying. Every day we live we are getting closer to our death.

Why am I telling you this?

Because I want you to enjoy your life to the fullest every single day. Get up in the morning and look at the sky… count your blessings and enjoy.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Hijack This Thread

sorry/not sorry, RBG leadership award ceremony canceled.
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

Those clowns are what they consider deserving? Out of a vast pool that’s what they came up with?
Sam the Centipede

Hijack This Thread

Post by Sam the Centipede »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:43 pm Those clowns are what they consider deserving? Out of a vast pool that’s what they came up with?
The shortlist was Martha Stewart (woman, yes, also imprisoned fraudster), Elon Musk (prize asshole noted for his complete lack of leadership skills), Rupert Murdoch (promoter of lies and destruction of civil society), Michael Milken (how many imprisoned fraudsters do you need on a shortlist?), and Sylvester Stallone (what has he ever led?).

Stallone is the odd one out simply because he is the closest to an acceptable law-abiding person. The others are obnoxious or criminal right-wing scum.

Bullying is the leadership technique of those listed. Not to be rewarded.

I don't know anything about the Opperman Foundation but they have a very nasty infestation of Trumpism.
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

Their EQUALITY in all caps speaks to their professionalism (lacking), and the emphasis on choosing men (EQUALITY) is itself political. The whole thing reeks of butt hurt.

And Musk is known on twitter for championing anti-Semitic and racist tropes.

I bet they had a giggle over this pool getting an RBG award (apologies to Stallone, who is the oddball for not being bottom of the barrel). Any of us could name a more appropriate group off the top of our heads.

Return to “General Stuff”