Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Hijack This Thread

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by northland10 »

Do they make ones that say I am silently cringing at your grammar? I have friends who could use that. I torture them goodly.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:03 pm …says the vocal chords guy. :roll: :lol:
:hide: :hemademe:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:29 pm My family just threatened to buy me a t-shirt from a catalog that said, I am silently correcting your grammar.
I am swooning. :faint:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Chuck Jones rules for writing the Roadrunner cartoons.
Estiveoshot_20211129_203049.jpg
Image Image Image Image
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I haz new teafffs. Everybody sing ... All I want for Christmas are my two front teeth, my two front teeth, my two front teeth ...

While I have one foot out the retirement door, I might as well get my long term dental care done before I leave. So, I'm having all my bridge work replaced. I spent three hours in the chair yesterday, and have several temp teeth for a few weeks. Dec 20 I'll get the new permanents in. Woohoo.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:like:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Today is the 10th anniversary of my oldest daughter, the awkward nerd girl abroad, witnessing a terrorist attack when she was teaching in Turkey. She was literally 10 feet away when he opened fire. The photo in the article was taken by her (even though it's credited to the AP) and shows how close she was to him. She's in Brazil now, but has a history of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, so if she ever invites you to visit, politely turn her down.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna45488585
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

What a terrible thing to witness. I would expect that's not easily put behind her. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:15 pm What a terrible thing to witness. I would expect that's not easily put behind her. :bighug:
It's actually not even at the top of her "scary things I've seen overseas" list. She has this weird knack for being in exactly the right place at exactly the wrong time. It's happened so often in so many countries we now make jokes about never traveling with her or visiting her.

There was a incredible amount of publicity about the shooting at the time and she was pretty busy dodging the press for the next week or so, then she got deported so her mind was on other things.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I had someone in my family do something like that in reverse. She has traveled all over the world (belongs to the Century Club, where you have to prove you've been to 100 countries), so has made many friends from all over. Among those friends was someone from Barcelona. She was over visiting her when they had the terrorist attack on a train (trains?) a number of years ago. Many were killed. Had she not been there visiting, her Barcelona friend would have been on the exact train that had so many deaths.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Michigan office of US Rep. Dingell broken into, vandalized
COREY WILLIAMS
Tue, November 30, 2021, 5:13 PM

A suburban Detroit office of U.S. Rep. Debbie Dingell has been broken into and ransacked, with memorabilia belonging to her late husband and longtime Congressman John Dingell damaged.

Dingell reported the break-in at the office in Dearborn on Monday and said it was being investigated by local and U.S. Capitol police.

“We are working with them to identify who is responsible and hold them accountable for their actions,” she said in a news release.

“Our door and windows were smashed and memorabilia – especially John’s items – was broken,” said Dingell, a Democrat who represents Michigan's heavily Democratic 12th Congressional District. “Thankfully, my staff and I are safe and no one was hurt, but we must also recognize the impact attacks like this one and constant threats have had on my staff and all Congressional staff. This needs to stop now.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/michigan-off ... 41624.html
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Last night there was a great dog commotion over by the Guest House. The Irish setter/lab mix granddog was barking her brains out at a little Beagle mix mutt that wondered onto the property. She's an amazingly sweet little thing, I'm pretty sure she's a lost hunting dog. So we brought her home and gave her some supper. She came in the bedroom and slept peacefully on the floor beside the bed. This morning we put a photo of her up at the country store down the road, hopefully someone will claim her. The county animal control office opens at 1pm so I'm going to take her down there this afternoon to see if she is chipped. If she isn't chipped and no one claims her I'm pretty sure we're going to have to adopt her and the spoiled rotten cats will just have to get use to it. :talktothehand:
Lost little Girl.jpg
Lost little Girl.jpg (34 KiB) Viewed 674 times
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Wow, pretty goggie.

At the Thanksgiving table, Numbah Two Son, who, amazingly, has survived to the age of 20, was discussing some topic or other and he opined, "That was sick."

Meaning, of course, that it was cool. It was a good thing. He approved it enthusiastically. Therefore, he said it was sick.

I would have said bitchin', but that's early 1960s SoCal slang, which I grew up speaking.

Anyway, you hear a kid say something is sick, stop and think before you react like a geezer or something. :idea:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Righteous man. Totally gnarley.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Dig it. 8-)
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

MsDaisy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:09 pm Last night there was a great dog commotion over by the Guest House. The Irish setter/lab mix granddog was barking her brains out at a little Beagle mix mutt that wondered onto the property. She's an amazingly sweet little thing, I'm pretty sure she's a lost hunting dog. So we brought her home and gave her some supper. She came in the bedroom and slept peacefully on the floor beside the bed. This morning we put a photo of her up at the country store down the road, hopefully someone will claim her. The county animal control office opens at 1pm so I'm going to take her down there this afternoon to see if she is chipped. If she isn't chipped and no one claims her I'm pretty sure we're going to have to adopt her and the spoiled rotten cats will just have to get use to it. :talktothehand:

Lost little Girl.jpg
Part of me hopes she’s chipped. She looks healthy and well cared-for, so someone might be missing her. The other part of me hopes you get to keep her because she looks very, very sweet.
► Show Spoiler
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Peachy keen, Foggy.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:56 pm
MsDaisy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:09 pm Last night there was a great dog commotion over by the Guest House. The Irish setter/lab mix granddog was barking her brains out at a little Beagle mix mutt that wondered onto the property. She's an amazingly sweet little thing, I'm pretty sure she's a lost hunting dog. So we brought her home and gave her some supper. She came in the bedroom and slept peacefully on the floor beside the bed. This morning we put a photo of her up at the country store down the road, hopefully someone will claim her. The county animal control office opens at 1pm so I'm going to take her down there this afternoon to see if she is chipped. If she isn't chipped and no one claims her I'm pretty sure we're going to have to adopt her and the spoiled rotten cats will just have to get use to it. :talktothehand:

Lost little Girl.jpg
Part of me hopes she’s chipped. She looks healthy and well cared-for, so someone might be missing her. The other part of me hopes you get to keep her because she looks very, very sweet.
► Show Spoiler
I took her to the vet and the staff fell completely in love with her, but she's not chipped. The ladies were all over her. One said, "OMG look at those toenails!" Which were pretty long and starting to curl. "Oh no, she's not leaving here like that", and she took her to the back and trimmed her nails and we weren't charged a single dime!

I did try to locate her family but there is no trail to follow. I even called one of our local redneck hunters and he had no idea where she came from but she wasn't one of theirs. So I guess we just have to keep her. :lovestruck:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

MsDaisy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:31 pm
I took her to the vet and the staff fell completely in love with her, but she's not chipped. The ladies were all over her. One said, "OMG look at those toenails!" Which were pretty long and starting to curl. "Oh no, she's not leaving here like that", and she took her to the back and trimmed her nails and we weren't charged a single dime!

I did try to locate her family but there is no trail to follow. I even called one of our local redneck hunters and he had no idea where she came from but she wasn't one of theirs. So I guess we just have to keep her. :lovestruck:
Good for you. We've never had to find a pet. They always found and adopted us first.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Okay, she has a name... I'm calling her "T-Bone", she's such a little goober!
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

💞 :lovestruck: 💞
Image Image Image Image
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Welcome, T-Bone!! :dog:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Congrats on the newest member of your family! Cute pup.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

As if we weren't on Goggie Cuteness Overload already. :roll:

:lol:

Return to “General Stuff”