Hijack This Thread

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:15 pm I have a trans niece. I was happy to help.
They are near half-way to their goal. Thanks for chipping-in, Andy. :clap:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sons-ftm-top-surgery
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I'm in! Wishing your niece, her son and the rest of the family all the happiness!
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Kriselda Gray »

One of DeSantis' bills would allow courts to take kids away from their family if they or *any* member of the family - siblings or adults - are getting gender affirming care, including puberty blockers or hormone therapy. Don't people who have transitioned have to keep taking hormones for the rest of their lives to keep the hormone-controlled characteristics transitioned?
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:54 pm One of DeSantis' bills would allow courts to take kids away from their family if they or *any* member of the family - siblings or adults - are getting gender affirming care, including puberty blockers or hormone therapy. Don't people who have transitioned have to keep taking hormones for the rest of their lives to keep the hormone-controlled characteristics transitioned?
Yes. It's called HRT (hormone replacement therapy).
And that is okay.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Kriselda Gray »

neonzx wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:03 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:54 pm One of DeSantis' bills would allow courts to take kids away from their family if they or *any* member of the family - siblings or adults - are getting gender affirming care, including puberty blockers or hormone therapy. Don't people who have transitioned have to keep taking hormones for the rest of their lives to keep the hormone-controlled characteristics transitioned?
And that is okay.
It would be ok under the proposed law? Because the way I read it, if an adult is taking hormones for the purpose of a gender transition, they could lose their kids. Of course, IANAL, which is why I'm asking. I'm thinking of writing a piece about some of these potential laws and want to be sure I'm getting it right.
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:14 am
neonzx wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:03 am
And that is okay.
It would be ok under the proposed law? Because the way I read it, if an adult is taking hormones for the purpose of a gender transition, they could lose their kids. Of course, IANAL, which is why I'm asking. I'm thinking of writing a piece about some of these potential laws and want to be sure I'm getting it right.
I don't know and IANAL. But there would be serious lawsuits on the horizon if they pulled that stunt. Maybe go look at the larger known LGBTQ legal non profits, like Lambda legal who are monitoring this stuff.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Kriselda Gray »

neonzx wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:47 am I don't know and IANAL. But there would be serious lawsuits on the horizon if they pulled that stunt. Maybe go look at the larger known LGBTQ legal non profits, like Lambda legal who are monitoring this stuff.
Good idea - thanks!
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

neonzx wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:32 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:15 pm I have a trans niece. I was happy to help.

Overnight, some generous soul (anon) pitched $500 into the bucket. So now they are at $1434. :towel:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

Greatgrey wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:13 am THANK YOU!

Thanks to everyone who donated, I’ve tried to thank all of youse guys who did.

Hee hee, now I have to go insult our mayor. I made a deal with someone who I used to attend city assembly meetings with. Told her if she would help spread the word I would call the mayor a worthless dickhead at the next assembly meeting.

Thankfully the right to be rude was just upheld in Massachusetts court. https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ ... n-meetings
Done. Best wishes and a wonderful Life ahead to your niece GG.
bill_g

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

I feel ya bill_g. My dear friend in the UP of Michigan moved back up there from the southwest. She had forgotten. (but it seemed like a good move at the time). What is this sh*t?
bill_g

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

The UP is beautiful. Loved to visit it, but hated living there. Primitive is a good word for it. OTOH, it is nice that the park service on both sides of the border heat the great lakes daily by tossing in a lit book of matches. It makes all the difference. Particularly helpful if you are practicing testicular retraction. That little bit of heat takes the edge off.
► Show Spoiler
Azastan
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Azastan »

I am dog sitting this week. It's a nine month old INTACT male. A 'silver' Labrador.

It whines constantly. It paws at me for attention, since whining isn't annoying enough. It's dying for me to drop morsels of food, creeping closer and closer and drooling at the same time.

I don't know how people do it. I don't have problems with older dogs, but this guy is getting obnoxious, and I have to make it through to next Saturday morning.

He's not had much training. I am making good use of my time by training him sit, stay, potty, and how to walk on a loose lead.

Don't mess with a horse girl.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

I've always thought it was a great disservice to a dog not to train it properly. A really smart, well-trained dog really enjoys doing what s/he's been trained to do. They like being able to show what they can do, and dogs can do amazing things. It's a great shame to get a dog and basically allow it to be a moron its entire life.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Hijack This Thread

Post by keith »

Azastan wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:12 pm I am dog sitting this week. It's a nine month old INTACT male. A 'silver' Labrador.

It whines constantly. It paws at me for attention, since whining isn't annoying enough. It's dying for me to drop morsels of food, creeping closer and closer and drooling at the same time.

I don't know how people do it. I don't have problems with older dogs, but this guy is getting obnoxious, and I have to make it through to next Saturday morning.

He's not had much training. I am making good use of my time by training him sit, stay, potty, and how to walk on a loose lead.

Sounds like there was an alternative motive when you were tapped for dog sitting duty.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Azastan
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Azastan »

Foggy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:19 pm I've always thought it was a great disservice to a dog not to train it properly. A really smart, well-trained dog really enjoys doing what s/he's been trained to do. They like being able to show what they can do, and dogs can do amazing things. It's a great shame to get a dog and basically allow it to be a moron its entire life.
I like good dogs.

I don't like dogs which have pathetic losers as owners. You know, the people who don't bother working with their dogs to teach them manners. The people who park their pack of assorted dogs outside all day and who take it really personally when you point out that the dogs have been barking nonstop all day and could you please control the barking? The same people who don't license their dogs, and who also have an unspayed female which they breed with some random male poodle to flood the market (and shelters, eventually) with 'doodles'. But they can get $2500 per puppy, so they keep doing it.

Dogs are great when they have great owners, but they are too much work for most people.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Azastan wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:12 pm I am dog sitting this week. It's a nine month old INTACT male. A 'silver' Labrador.
A what? I've never heard of silver labs - just yellow, black and chocolate
Ugh. I hate drool. My Von's a drooler and it can drive me a bit nuts. He's a whiner, too. Our vet says dogs often whine or drool when they're anxious, which I suspect may be part of the problem here. He's used to his family and suddenly they're not there.
I've never been good with kids, and didn't understand how people could deal with all the ob oxious, annoying things kids do. People would tell me "it's different when they're yours." Same way with dogs, apparently :) As much as I hate Von's drooling and whining, I love him completely and would t get rid of him for anything. I know that doesn't help you much right now, but... :shrug:

That's good of you! I hope they'll give you a bonus when they get back for the extra services :mrgreen:
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

neonzx wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:38 am

Overnight, some generous soul (anon) pitched $500 into the bucket. So now they are at $1434. :towel:
GG, your niece and her son Fen are over the goal! $2,004.
:bunny: :cheer2: :fiesta:
Azastan
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Azastan »

keith wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:23 pm
Sounds like there was an alternative motive when you were tapped for dog sitting duty.
I used to do the horse sitting until both horses passed away, so yeah, that's a distinct possibility.
Azastan
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Azastan »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:39 pm

A what? I've never heard of silver labs - just yellow, black and chocolate.

Ugh. I hate drool. My Von's a drooler and it can drive me a bit nuts. He's a whiner, too. Our vet says dogs often whine or drool when they're anxious, which I suspect may be part of the problem here. He's used to his family and suddenly they're not there.

That's good of you! I hope they'll give you a bonus when they get back for the extra services :mrgreen:
Silver labs are supposed to be a mutation of chocolate labs, as a dilute colour. They are actually a non-purebred cross with Weimaraners, much as the silver lab breeders want you to believe otherwise. That's why the AKC won't accept the colour. You can register the dogs as chocolate, but they get disqualified at shows. No ethical breeder would breed for them.

I think you are right about him missing his family, but does not bode well against future extreme separation anxiety. Not my dog though, so can't help with that.

It'd be nice to have people appreciate it, but if you have dogs, you know that all the training in the world disappears in the twinkling of an eye if the owner doesn't keep it up. Again, can't help that, much as I'd like all dogs (and horses!) to succeed.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Hijack This Thread

Post by Greatgrey »

neonzx wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:57 pm
neonzx wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:38 am

GG, your niece and her son Fen are over the goal! $2,004.
:bunny: :cheer2: :fiesta:
I just saw that, and I’m overwhelmed. Not theatrically overwhelmed, genuinely gobsmacked.

To be honest I didn’t think we could reach it, it seems to me that real fundraisers struggle while grifters like Rittenhouse gobble up 100s of thousands overnight.

But I noticed the goal has moved to $3000, I’m gonna have to ask Casey if she did that or did GoFundMe do that automatically.

In any case,

THANK YOU EVERYONE
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

I hope she did it herself. Seems low. I’d suggest 5k. Expect the unexpected expenses. Sounds like they’ve been fighting for a while. :bighug:
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Hijack This Thread

Post by Greatgrey »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:46 pm
I hope she did it herself. Seems low. I’d suggest 5k. Expect the unexpected expenses. Sounds like they’ve been fighting for a while. :bighug:
Casey raised the goal herself. Said she grossly underestimated the cost of planes, rental cars & hotels.

Took your advice and told her to go for 5. :biggrin:
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

:bighug:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Hijack This Thread

Post by Frater I*I »

Greatgrey wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:35 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:46 pm
Casey raised the goal herself. Said she grossly underestimated the cost of planes, rental cars & hotels.

Took your advice and told her to go for 5. :biggrin:
Looks like I'll be sending another bill their way on payday.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “General Stuff”