Hijack This Thread

Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

I went shopping with my mom too but no MIL. Mom was difficult enough 😄

I LOVED the first dress I tried on (Laura Ashley white brocade ON SALE at Bullocks) but she insisted we traipse around some more. Bought the Laura Ashley .

We were telling mom’s BFF about the search. She took one look at my face and said “Lois, this is Phoenix’s wedding not yours. If you make one more decision -suggestion, even - she’s going to punch you right in the nose.” (Which was hysterical coming from the busiest body in Pasadena.)

Go, My Queen. Be serene and float above it all. It won’t help your future relationship with MIL but maybe you could spare a snicker or two at some of her opinions, if it would help.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I have played many a wedding but funnily enough, I could not tell what the bride wore, nor her bridesmaids, or the groom and the dudes (or other bride in a couple of instances). I could tell you, however, how much the photographer annoyed me at a given wedding. Some of them are fine (i.e. I did not even notice they were there or noticed little) and others, not so much (no, you cannot put the tripod on my pedal board, no don't stand there because I cannot see the doors for the bridal entrance, no I do not play 60 questions while playing the prelude).
101010 :towel:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

It wasn't bad at all. My sister is sick so no danger of her showing up - although she managed to piss everyone off because she didn't let them know until 11:30 for a 12:00 appointment- so Aidan, the MIL TB and I went for lunch afterwards. No decision on the dress, but the $1500 one she liked isn't available until Feb. Her second choice, and my favorite, is $400 and they have it in stock in her size. I'm not sure where else she thinks we can look, but it's her dress so I'm letting her figure it out.

Another day, another "covid positive" email. No idea who tested positive this time but I haven't been on set since last Thursday so I'm not too concerned about it. Gabrielle Union is adorable as a 250 lb 50+ year old woman!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

michael_jackson.jpg
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Need some love sent to my daughter-in-law Kim and her family. They are all at the hospital and her mom is not expected to make it through the night. She’s just been given Last Rights. Very sad and her dad isn’t in very good shape either. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm so sorry. Wishing peace for all of them.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Me Daisy, :bighug: I am so sorry for your daughter in law family.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:bighug: :heart:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

:brokenheart: :bighug:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Sorry to hear that. :bighug:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Today sucks.

I'm waiting to hear from my Seattle sister. She texted me earlier, telling me that her wife is back in the hospital. SIL was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She had her first chemo infusion four weeks ago and reacted badly to one of the drugs, ending up in the hospital for one week then. She had her second infusion this past weekend and it seemed to go well. But now, apparently, SIL is extremely weak. I'll talk to my sister later when she knows more.

So while I'm waiting to hear more from my sister, my Minnesota sister-in-law called to tell me that my Wisconsin cousin's daughter had killed herself today. My cousin was the one who found her. Dang. Today sucks.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm so sorry. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I just talked to my sister. My SIL's white blood cell count is up so they've started her on antibiotics and have run a lot of tests which they don't have the results for yet. But she's in a good hospital so hopefully they'll get this under control quickly. Thank goodness they live in a big city with excellent medical facilities!
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

Meanwhile, take care of yourself. These things can run in the family.
Largo al factotum.
Lani

Post by Lani »

174311x.jpg
174311x.jpg (71.84 KiB) Viewed 874 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

MN-Skeptic, :bighug: I hope you are taking care of yourself and your needs. This is tough stuff.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, MN-Skeptic, I know you're a phenomenally strong woman, but do take care of yourself while you're going through all this turmoil. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Thanks, everyone, for the kind thoughts.

My cousin's mom also had mental health issues so I imagine there was a hereditary element to his daughter's issues.

As far as my SIL, I texted my sister yesterday and SIL is definitely doing better. Before she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer (which her father had died from), my SIL rode her bicycle something like 5,000 miles a year, so she's going into this challenge with an otherwise strong body. But pancreatic cancer truly sucks. My husband's brother died from it at age 53.
filly

Post by filly »

OMG I am just reading about Trevor Bauer. He's the 2020 National League Cy-Young winner who apparently likes to beat women up during sex. WAPO is reporting on a second case in Ohio.

Return to “General Stuff”