Hijack This Thread

zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by zekeb »

Pet stores have them too. The apron might even have a dog on it. :lovestruck:
Largo al factotum.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

tek wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:20 pm Should'a just gone to a local horse barn :batting:

My daughter would'a fixed ya right up :)
This is south Florida -- I don't think we have horses .. or horse barns. :shrug:
tek

Post by tek »

neonzx wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:35 pm
This is south Florida -- I don't think we have horses .. or horse barns. :shrug:
Just up the road in Delray!
Grandpony has spent the past two winters there.
Grandpony is NEVER happy to return to New England in March.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I got ours at Harbor Freight for $10 and use it weekly on my husband. A #2 blade is a #2 blade no matter how much you spend on it.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Used clippers on my remaining hair this week and the length guide fell off while I was doing the back. People find it very amusing. :bag:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:04 pm I got ours at Harbor Freight for $10 and use it weekly on my husband. A #2 blade is a #2 blade no matter how much you spend on it.
Hey, I'm super frugal -- but let me have this one luxury? I'll never have to replace this in my lifetime. :towel: The fin thingies are even stainless steel.

ETA: I thought your hubs liked to keep his hair longer .. what do you do with a #2?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:07 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:04 pm I got ours at Harbor Freight for $10 and use it weekly on my husband. A #2 blade is a #2 blade no matter how much you spend on it.
Hey, I'm super frugal -- but let me have this one luxury? I'll never have to replace this in my lifetime. :towel: The fin thingies are even stainless steel.
Even if we have to replace it every 3 years, he'll be dead before we spend $50.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:10 pm
Ok, but you know a running joke about Harbor Freight -- the stuff they sell is one-and-done / that they need to have a recycle bin in the parking lot.

Yes, I have bought from Harbor Freight and sometimes it outlasts the one-and-done reputation. :lol:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

bill_g wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:57 am None in view, but I was rolling at an almighty 5-10mph avoiding axle breakers. So, you know.

Amateur! My husband and I can spot them at that speed (admittedly, it helps to have your 'morel' eye tuned in).
tek wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:20 pm Should'a just gone to a local horse barn :batting:

My daughter would'a fixed ya right up :)
Indeed, I have quite the selection of clippers here. From bridle paths to full body clip for a Cushings horse, I have what it takes!
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:19 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:10 pm
Ok, but you know a running joke about Harbor Freight -- the stuff they sell is one-and-done / that they need to have a recycle bin in the parking lot.

Yes, I have bought from Harbor Freight and sometimes it outlasts the one-and-done reputation. :lol:
The best chef's knife I have is a no-name from Harbor Freight. Better than my second favorite Hinckle's (or however the hell it's spelled) but I've never found them again at HF. And a standard "I like you enough to send you a wedding gift but not enough to come to your wedding" gift is the set of 3 cast iron skillets for $20 from HF.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

My sister's partner was a dog groomer many years ago and still had her dog clippers. When the pandemic hit, my sister was just beginning to have her hair grow back from breast cancer chemo, so my sister-in-law has been cutting my sister's hair for more than a year with the dog clippers. My sister loves how easy it is to care for her short hair.
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Horseshit. If you received a stimulus check made out to a dead person, you will be prosecuted if you cash it. Why is anyone still using a bank account for a dead person, anyway? Are they stealing Social Security payments, too? Are they forging the signature on the back of the stimulus check in order to cash it? If you get a stimulus check made out to a dead person, you should return it to the IRS, and not take the chance of being criminally prosecuted for a measly $600.

Rand Paul is one of the most notorious liars in the Senate. Anything he says should be subjected to the greatest scrutiny available.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

If he knows all this, why hasn't he done something besides chum the waters at a Chamber of Commerce luncheon?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Mark Twain said that members of Congress have "the smallest minds and the selfishest souls and the cowardliest hearts that God makes." He also said that "Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can."
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:45 am Horseshit. If you received a stimulus check made out to a dead person, you will be prosecuted if you cash it. Why is anyone still using a bank account for a dead person, anyway? Are they stealing Social Security payments, too? Are they forging the signature on the back of the stimulus check in order to cash it? If you get a stimulus check made out to a dead person, you should return it to the IRS, and not take the chance of being criminally prosecuted for a measly $600.

Rand Paul is one of the most notorious liars in the Senate. Anything he says should be subjected to the greatest scrutiny available.
He's full of it. Yes, occasionally there is fraud of persons cashing benefits of dead relatives, but that is very rare. There are also instances where someone who is alive and well mistakenly getting put on the SS Death Index which completely screws their lives (everything shuts off, including bank accounts).
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Waiting on new headphones arriving today via Amazon to replace busted ones. Gonna get yelled at again if I tell you what I bought. :bag:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

neonzx wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:05 am
He's full of it. Yes, occasionally there is fraud of persons cashing benefits of dead relatives, but that is very rare. There are also instances where someone who is alive and well mistakenly getting put on the SS Death Index which completely screws their lives (everything shuts off, including bank accounts).
Years ago I worked with a woman who was an alcoholic (and wound up getting fired because it was too hard for her to come into work, sober or not). She'd gone to the trouble of having plastic surgery on her nose, but she had a round face ('cuz she was Slavic and looked like your typical 'babuska') and she looked like the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

Anyway, at the age of 35, she'd married a 70 year old Portugese fisherman. When her drinking started getting really bad, she would come into work just reeking of death. We used to think her husband had died, but because she really, really needed that SS money, she never reported his death and just kept him stored in her bath tub.
tek

Post by tek »

neonzx wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:38 pm Waiting on new headphones arriving today via Amazon to replace busted ones. Gonna get yelled at again if I tell you what I bought. :bag:
Headphones are part of how Ms and I managed to stay together for 41 years..
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Body shaming.jpg
Body shaming.jpg (144.34 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Lani wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:05 am Yep, that's how it works. It's not the diagnosis. It's the impact on your life.
Yes, and the impact can’t be “Otherwise I might have to get a real job.” ;)
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

neonzx wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:38 pm Waiting on new headphones arriving today via Amazon to replace busted ones. Gonna get yelled at again if I tell you what I bought. :bag:
Woah, this just showed upon my door step. On a Sunday.
IMG_20210523_171314390.jpg
IMG_20210523_171314390.jpg (215.89 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I just got a Sunday UPS package delivery. This is the second one in the last few months, and the other one was on Easter Sunday. Weird.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
tek

Post by tek »

I think the calendar is at best a suggestion these days for delivery.

If there is a truck out in the area, and we're paying the driver anyway, put whatever can reasonably be delivered on the truck.

Business do not like unexpected early deliveries, but consumers be like "oh cool!"
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:32 pm I just got a Sunday UPS package delivery. This is the second one in the last few months, and the other one was on Easter SunIday. Weird.
--
I'd already expected the delivery to happen -- they do deliver 7-days/week. And those workers deserve credit.

So, Imma going try my new headphones.

Return to “General Stuff”