Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Hijack This Thread

lunaluz

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by lunaluz »

Thanks for the kudos. I have a plan for November..... I am going to make 2 big water proof signs and go counter protest the intimidators the last two days of voting, lets see how they like it. The dropbox is located in a mall parking lot out in the open, luckily I have a few months to come up with the wording for the signs...I will also video them and get the license plate number. :boxing: :thumbup:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

In response to this:
Foggy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:26 am
Off Topic
I don't fat shame anyone who is overweight due to a medical issue, absolutely. But Imposterclaus is a good example of a guy who is fat because he just plain refuses to take care of himself and eats all the wrong stuff.

I was fat and out of shape. In 2004, I weighed 285 lbs. and I thought exercise was walking up a flight of stairs. I went to work on it. :biggrin:

But obesity is a serious problem in this great land of ours, so I will stop saying that Imposterclaus ate a few of his elves, and I apologize to the boogle. He just pisses me off, because I am still a fan of the real Santa Claus, and this dude is nothing but a stupid asshole.

I continue to shame stupid assholes.
I'm the same way. I wasn't that into fat shaming him until I heard his adoring fans are desperately trying to find his favorite cracker (Zesta-really? that's what he yearns for?). He doesn't need Zesta. And he sits the entire time he's not sleeping.

I'm part of a group that does fitness challenges. For the most part these aren't athletic people. A lot are like me-obese. Some are fighting cancer, depression, and other debilitating illnesses. One guy started out at over 400 pounds and able to walk 1/4 mile with difficulty. He lost triple figures and is up to 5 miles. I don't think I'll ever get there again due to pain issues, but I walk as much as I can when I can, and I'm not grifting for cash and crackers.

These people bother me more than most poots (Bundy cult excepted). It's because they remind me of a certain segment I grew up with-ignorant, loud mouthed, opinionated, and unwilling to do anything to make themselves even slightly better people or slightly better off, then whiny about how things never go their way and resentful of anyone who does better themselves (my branch). It also pisses me off that they are trashing the Mall and bothering passers-by while bragging about all they're accomplishing.

And Foggy he's a stupid asshole with a large online following that keeps sending him money and calling him an angel and a saint, and praying for him against the "evil ones," while also saying anyone against them should be hanged. Great bunch of "patriots."
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

lunaluz: The dropbox is located in a mall parking lot out in the open, luckily I have a few months to come up with the wording for the signs...I will also video them and get the license plate number. :boxing: :thumbup:
I like it!!!!!!! Sign wording suggestions:

Honk if you like drop boxes!!!

See the gray truck? It's there to discourage your vote.

(Sneaky: Thank the gray truck driver for protecting the drop box.) :mrgreen:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Inundate him with pizza deliveries and Grubhub.
SWAT him with an anonymous call to 911 - man aiming a gun at the drop box.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Flowers!!!!! Send him flowers!!!!!!! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:24 am Flowers!!!!! Send him flowers!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Voodoo dolls.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Balloons!
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

bill_g wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:22 am SWAT him with an anonymous call to 911 - man aiming a gun at the drop box.
I suspect you're suggesting this more as something funny than as a real idea of something to do, but SWATing someone can keep cops from being available for a real emergency
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

From the YT University (yes, keep that Y) i get the impression that "a man with a gun" gets the police out in force.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:55 am From the YT University (yes, keep that Y) i get the impression that "a man with a gun" gets the police out in force.
But...open carry.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

FB_IMG_1659803870703.jpg
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:lol:
lunaluz

Post by lunaluz »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:17 am
lunaluz: The dropbox is located in a mall parking lot out in the open, luckily I have a few months to come up with the wording for the signs...I will also video them and get the license plate number. :boxing: :thumbup:
I like it!!!!!!! Sign wording suggestions:

Honk if you like drop boxes!!!

See the gray truck? It's there to discourage your vote.

(Sneaky: Thank the gray truck driver for protecting the drop box.) :mrgreen:
I'm going to make a list and pick the best 2thanks for the input !
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:39 am
bill_g wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:22 am SWAT him with an anonymous call to 911 - man aiming a gun at the drop box.
I suspect you're suggesting this more as something funny than as a real idea of something to do, but SWATing someone can keep cops from being available for a real emergency
Yes. I led with an idea (pizza) that would make him stand out, and followed with something that would really get his attention. OTOH, if this were Uvalde, he'd get bored to death. 300 cops would show up and stand around all day doing nothing.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I loved Game of Thrones. The Mr is watching the series again in preparation for the new series coming soon.

Both the first time I watched it and again just now, the scene where the Red Priestess says “For the night is dark and full of terrors”, I misheard that line. Both times, it’s given me a fit of the giggles.

“For the night is dark and full of ferrets.”

:rotflmao:

I crack myself up sometimes. ;)
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

:rotflmao:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:53 pm I loved Game of Thrones. The Mr is watching the series again in preparation for the new series coming soon.

(snip)
GOT and new series?

Do tell.
Tiredretiredlawyer

P520: “For the night is dark and full of ferrets.”
:eek:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

bill_g wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:42 am
Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:53 pm I loved Game of Thrones. The Mr is watching the series again in preparation for the new series coming soon.

(snip)
GOT and new series?

Do tell.
:yeahthat: :popcorn:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

(snip)
GOT and new series?

Do tell.
House of the Dragon - prequel to Game of Thrones. Starts 8/21 on HBO.

I wish George R.R. Martin would hurry up and finish the Winds of Winter already. The HBO series was OK, but only just. Loved the music and opening credits. Casting was perfect. First season was really good. But as it progressed, it followed the books less and less until the only things it had in common with the books was the basic premise and the characters had the same name. I'm anxiously waiting to find out what *really* happened.

Many, many plot points in the show never happened in the books, and many of the plot points in the books never happened in the show. Jamie Lannister never went to Dorne in the books. He went looking for Sansa and Arya Stark like he promised Catelyn Stark he would (and ended up one of the walking dead at the hands of Brienne of Tarth, if I'm not mistaken). Arya was off killing the people on her list, and Sansa was being groomed by Littlefinger to marry Harry the Heir. Cercsei is at King's Landing trying to do end runs around her uncle Kevan, who is regent to King Tommyn. Jon Snow was still on the Wall. Daenarys Targaryan was still in the East. And the last we heard from Tyrion, he was ready to descend on Westeros with an army of sellswords paid with the promise of Lannister gold.

Those are just the highlights. Now I need to go back and read the books again. It's been awhile.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The show runners share your desire for GRRM to finish. They waited and waited and finally had to go their own, entertainment-driven way because they had no idea where GRRM was going with the ending.

Have you seen Dark Winds? It’s a fantastic series based on Tony Hillerman’s novels with an all-Native American cast. Except of course for the whi’peepo. Robert Redford and Guess Who* are executive producers. I dunno if he’s even still working on GOT. :lol:

*GRRM in case you didn’t guess right
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

So I don’t know where to post this, but..

Our idiot mayor hired this guy to be the City Health director & oversee the city’s COVID response. There were questions about his background.

Well he’s just a younger Ed Hale. Claimed to be a Colonel, but discharged as an E-2, one rank above Ed. Lied about his work background too.

So Public Media was about to go public with this today, an the guy now has ‘sudden health issues’ that forced him to resign immediately.

https://alaskapublic.org/2022/08/08/anc ... ed-resume/

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/anchora ... ed-resume/

EBF07EA0-5C1E-4CC6-80EE-0F2C378D4CD3.jpeg
EBF07EA0-5C1E-4CC6-80EE-0F2C378D4CD3.jpeg (323.05 KiB) Viewed 647 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

MsDaisy wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:11 pm

(snip)
GOT and new series?

Do tell.
:yeahthat: :popcorn:

Has everybody heard about the bird?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Also too and in addition...

Has everybody heard about the bird?