Hijack This Thread

Estiveo
Verified:

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20211123_055713.jpg
It's not as easy as you might think. I scored 14/18.

You can take the test here: https://www.nola.com/opinions/article_d ... 15685.html
Image Image Image Image
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah 14 of 18,but I knew another and tapped the wrong one. :doh:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Only 10. :bag:
I obviously underestimated how much Kennedy spoke like a cartoon character.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

12/18 but I don't follow Polly Technicians that closely.
Largo al factotum.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I say, that boy don't listen

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Too many nutcases have guns.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Self defense.
Largo al factotum.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:03 pm Only 10. :bag:
I obviously underestimated how much Kennedy spoke like a cartoon character.
Me too also. Only cause a couple words were a little new for ol’ Leghorn.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

The guy who needed an AK-47 just to get a pizza, what a story.

Pizza is really, really important in his life, I reckon. The story says his name is Charles Doty and he's 63 years old. He lived all that time without being arrested for demanding a pizza, but now he's gonna spend the rest of his life behind bars.

And that's the amazing thing. Because of what he did, he will never see a Little Caesar's Pizza again in his whole dang life. The entire point of the exercise was to get a nice hot Little Caesars pizza, and now he'll never get another one. Maybe when he's on the prison bus, being transported to serve his sentence (one charge carries a sentence of 15 to 60 years), maybe the prison bus will drive by a Little Caesars and he can look out the window between the bars. That would be nice, maybe. Seems a little self-defeating, you ask me.

I hope he got a nice pizza (another customer gave him a pepperoni pizza). But my gosh, the risk he took! Carrying the AK-47 AND the pizza, he'd have to balance the pizza in one hand, and open the door to leave the restaurant, and then open his door of his car! Maybe he could put the pizza on top of the car while he opened the door, put his AK-47 inside, and then grab the pizza. Yeah, that would have worked, probably.

But it was his last pizza from LIttle Caesars ever, and pizza is manifestly writ large in Charlie Doty's life, so he was taking a real chance there.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

If it weren't for the fuel and labor costs, his conviction should include a weekly drive-by of all the pizza joints within 10 miles of prison. Maybe even linger downwind so he can smell the fresh ones coming out.

Better yet, and probably a lot gentler on the public treasury - give the guards a pizza party outside his cell once a month.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and ten minutes before dinner every night, they should give him a menu from Little Caesars ... but then tell him he has to wait ten minutes. :lol:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

And that's the amazing thing. Because of what he did, he will never see a Little Caesar's Pizza again in his whole dang life. The entire point of the exercise was to get a nice hot Little Caesars pizza, and now he'll never get another one. Maybe when he's on the prison bus, being transported to serve his sentence (one charge carries a sentence of 15 to 60 years), maybe the prison bus will drive by a Little Caesars and he can look out the window between the bars. That would be nice, maybe. Seems a little self-defeating, you ask me.
Did he get THIS CLOSE to getting pizza as his last meal?
Largo al factotum.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

You know who wasn't scared of the AK-47, not even for a tiny little second?

The pizza, that's who. If the pizza wasn't gonna be ready for 10 more minutes, then it simply wasn't gonna be ready, and it didn't give a crap about your stupid AK-47. You coulda brought in Little John and his bazooka from Combat! and it wasn't going to speed up a pizza that wasn't fully cooked.

After the other customer gave him his own pizza that he just got, Mr. Doty apparently left and went somewhere - presumably his home - to enjoy his dinner. I wonder if he posted a review on the Goog or on Yelp or someplace. Those reviews can be brutal. What if it was the wrong size? What if he wanted sausage and green peppers?

And the guy who gave away his pizza so the bad guy left without even shooting anybody? If'n I owned the franchise, I'd be givin' that dood a free pizza every month for 5 years. :bighug:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

Guns and stuff at a pizza parlor. I'd expect such ways of transacting business here at the local Godfather's, but not at some Roman place where they used knives.
Largo al factotum.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

New Turtle wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:15 pm I say, that boy don't listen

Its interesting that we all remember Foghorn Leghorn, the cartoon character, but very few people remember Senator Claghorn, the radio character on the Fred Allen show, who inspired his creation.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:27 pm You know who wasn't scared of the AK-47, not even for a tiny little second?

The pizza, that's who. If the pizza wasn't gonna be ready for 10 more minutes, then it simply wasn't gonna be ready, and it didn't give a crap about your stupid AK-47. You coulda brought in Little John and his bazooka from Combat! and it wasn't going to speed up a pizza that wasn't fully cooked.

After the other customer gave him his own pizza that he just got, Mr. Doty apparently left and went somewhere - presumably his home - to enjoy his dinner. I wonder if he posted a review on the Goog or on Yelp or someplace. Those reviews can be brutal. What if it was the wrong size? What if he wanted sausage and green peppers?

And the guy who gave away his pizza so the bad guy left without even shooting anybody? If'n I owned the franchise, I'd be givin' that dood a free pizza every month for 5 years. :bighug:
It only takes about ten minutes to cook a pizza. They should have put the uncooked pizza in a box and handed it to him.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Actually, that might have triggered him into shooting someone. The point of fast food is FAST HOT FOOD, and an uncooked pizza doesn't qualify. They could have given him somebody else's pizza, but the other customer beat them to it, is what it sounds like. 'Course, the employees wouldn't have the option the customer had, because they normally live in fear of giving someone the wrong order. So they couldn't just hand the dude any old pizza that just plopped out of the oven, but the customer only had one pizza, so Mr. Doty couldn't really complain about it being the wrong size or ingredients or sumpin'.

But uncooked? That's kind of a :fuckyou: to a guy who has an AK-47. :hide:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

What's a patriot doing with a commie gun in the first place?
Largo al factotum.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

It's been an interesting day. I was getting ready this morning to drive over to the St. Louis area to check in on my dad and spend Thanksgiving with him when our little Yorkie started barking. We didn't think much of it because he "sees dead people" all the time. And then we heard a sound from the sitting area off the master. Somehow, a sparrow had gotten past the flue cap and into our sealed gas fireplace. It took a while to figure out how to remove the glass panel and when we opened it our attempt to trap it in a sheet failed miserably. I was finally able to shoo it out an open window but it took a while.

Then on the drive over through western Indiana I realized there was absolutely no traffic coming the other way. There had been a truck fire around the 32 mile mark and they had closed eastbound I-70 from exit 11 in Terre Haute all the way to Putnamville which is around the 37 mile mark. The fire was out when I went by but the cab was basically a blob of molten steel on the side of the road. Local news reported no injuries, which is good, but some trucker just lost his ride. I'm glad I wasn't going the other way since I-70 carries an awful lot of truck traffic that had to be diverted onto two lane roads. The eastbound crowd had a very long and slow detour.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

I’m very proud of myself at the moment. 8-) I just cleaned out my “walk-in” closet. Everything that I haven’t worn in more than 5 years is gone. Everything I never really liked anyway is gone. Bunches of old handbags, gone. All bagged and ready to go to the Goodwill store. AND I consolidated all the little boxes of bits of jewelry and family treasure. I have Ziploc bagged and tagged every piece, who’s it was, where it came from and that’s all in a little cedar box ready to give to my daughter-in-law to pass on to the grand brats some day. I’ve been meaning to do that for a long time and am very happy to have it done. :oldlady: :faint:
Lani

Post by Lani »

We have a love/hate relationship with Zuckerberg on Kauai. Mostly hate. But he has done some good things.
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The largest remaining fishpond on Kauai is now protected indefinitely after receiving a $4 million donation from Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan.

The 600-year-old Alakoko Fishpond, also known as the Menehune Fishpond, is located just outside Lihue. It is home to native fish, limu and endangered birds.

A nonprofit called Malama Huleia has been taking care of the 102-acre property.

The organization had been in negotiations for a lease when the landowner offered to sell. This is when Trust for Public Land received a donation from Zuckerberg and Chan to purchase the property.

:snippity:

Zuckerberg and Chan have an estate on Kauai’s north shore, but they won’t have any ownership of the fishpond.
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/11/1 ... -fishpond/
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

The organization had been in negotiations for a lease when the landowner offered to sell. This is when Trust for Public Land received a donation from Zuckerberg and Chan to purchase the property.

:snippity:

Zuckerberg and Chan have an estate on Kauai’s north shore, but they won’t have any ownership of the fishpond, but they DO own all rights to the personal information of the fish, limu, and endangered birds in perpetuity.
Image Image Image Image
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Courtesy of Popehat.

“We’re a Small Arkansas Newspaper. Why Is the State Making Us Sign a Pledge About Israel?”:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/22/opin ... ledge.html

“At The Arkansas Times, a publication I founded 47 years ago, our pages focus on small-scale local issues, like protecting Medicaid expansion from the predations of our state legislature and other elements of Arkansas politics, history and culture. So I was surprised when in 2018 I received an ultimatum from the University of Arkansas’s Pulaski Technical College, a longtime advertiser: To continue receiving its ad dollars, we would have to certify in writing that our company was not engaged in a boycott of Israel. It was puzzling. Our paper focuses on the virtues of Sims Bar-B-Que down on Broadway — why would we be required to sign a pledge regarding a country in the Middle East?”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:bighug:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Uninformed wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:37 am Courtesy of Popehat.

“We’re a Small Arkansas Newspaper. Why Is the State Making Us Sign a Pledge About Israel?”:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/22/opin ... ledge.html

“At The Arkansas Times, a publication I founded 47 years ago, our pages focus on small-scale local issues, like protecting Medicaid expansion from the predations of our state legislature and other elements of Arkansas politics, history and culture. So I was surprised when in 2018 I received an ultimatum from the University of Arkansas’s Pulaski Technical College, a longtime advertiser: To continue receiving its ad dollars, we would have to certify in writing that our company was not engaged in a boycott of Israel. It was puzzling. Our paper focuses on the virtues of Sims Bar-B-Que down on Broadway — why would we be required to sign a pledge regarding a country in the Middle East?”
That was Not Good, if University of Arkansas a public/state university.

Return to “General Stuff”