Hijack This Thread

Volkonski
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Volkonski »

Tony Stark
@TonyStark@democracy.town
The Allegheny County Special Elections in Pennsylvania have been called, and Democrats now have 102 seats in the PA State House and the majority.

Congratulations to Rep-Elect Joe McAndrew, Rep-Elect Abigail Salisbury, and Rep-Elect Matt Gergely.

Thanks to these hardworking candidates who stepped up to run, their dedicated campaign staffs, the area Democratic committees, the many Democratic elected leaders from all across the state who dedicated so much time and effort for these races, and everyone out there who volunteered, donated, wrote postcards, made calls, canvassed, helped spread the word, and voted in these critical Special Elections in Allegheny County!

Democrats now control the Pennsylvania State House for the first time in over a decade.

Democrats sweep all 3 state House special elections, party to control chamber-
https://triblive.com/local/valley-news
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:17 pm Tony Stark
@TonyStark@democracy.town
The Allegheny County Special Elections in Pennsylvania have been called, and Democrats now have 102 seats in the PA State House and the majority.

Congratulations to Rep-Elect Joe McAndrew, Rep-Elect Abigail Salisbury, and Rep-Elect Matt Gergely.

Thanks to these hardworking candidates who stepped up to run, their dedicated campaign staffs, the area Democratic committees, the many Democratic elected leaders from all across the state who dedicated so much time and effort for these races, and everyone out there who volunteered, donated, wrote postcards, made calls, canvassed, helped spread the word, and voted in these critical Special Elections in Allegheny County!

Democrats now control the Pennsylvania State House for the first time in over a decade.

Democrats sweep all 3 state House special elections, party to control chamber-
https://triblive.com/local/valley-news
They all won by comfortable margins, but this is Allegheny County. :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:11 pm Image
Yeah, I am obviously not American as I do not watch this so-called football. Hmph.

But I am also don't use this mouthwash, so definitely not an American.

I await ICE to take me away for my deportation hearing.

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:11 pm Image
I must have been washing my hair that year. I watched ... none of the above. :blackeyebig:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Azastan
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Azastan »

Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:41 am
I must have been washing my hair that year. I watched ... none of the above. :blackeyebig:
You didn't watch any political programming?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

No, absolutely not.

If there's anything I really need to see, I can watch it on YouTube later, with no commercials. I am highly allergic to television advertising.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:12 am No, absolutely not.

If there's anything I really need to see, I can watch it on YouTube later, with no commercials. I am highly allergic to television advertising.
advertising now consists of
Pharma
Medicare Insurance
Car Insurance

gone are the commercials for coffee and other pantry stuffs
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Foggy
Dick Tater

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, ask your doctor if it's healthy to watch eleventy gazillion commercials that tell you to ask your doctor. :doh:
Dave from down under

Hijack This Thread

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/202 ... /101937222

2.9-million-year-old butchery site in Kenya suggests humans perhaps weren't first to use crafted stone tools

Around 2.9 million years ago, an ancient hominin in East Africa butchered a hippopotamus and feasted on its pulverised flesh.

Key points:
Archaeologists found fossilised hacked bones of animals alongside crafted stone tools
The discovery pushes back the age at which crafted stone tools were used by around 300,000 years
Discovery of teeth at the site raises the question of whether an ancient hominin known as Nutcracker Man was the first to use crafted tools

Leftovers from the hominin's meaty meal were recently discovered at a site on the shores of Lake Victoria in Kenya by an international team of archaeologists.

Along with the hacked hippo bones were some of the oldest stone tools ever found, reports the team in the journal Science.

"It's the earliest evidence of large animal butchery," said study co-author Julien Louys, deputy director of Griffith University's Australian Research Centre for Human Evolution.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Hijack This Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

Three million years ago? Wow, that's crazy. What happened to them?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Hijack This Thread

Post by Dave from down under »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:26 pm Three million years ago? Wow, that's crazy. What happened to them?
Died due to eating an off hippo….
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:55 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:26 pm Three million years ago? Wow, that's crazy. What happened to them?
Died due to eating an off hippo….
Or the hippos feasting on them ;)
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Hijack This Thread

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, ask your doctor if it's healthy to watch eleventy gazillion commercials that tell you to ask your doctor. :doh:
When you're telling your doctor what you need, he's essentially a drug dealer at that point....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

The white-man Europeans came to take their lands. :shrug:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

and now the NEXT SCOTUS challenge: repealing drunk driving laws
do not dumb.jpg
do not dumb.jpg (184.71 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
castigat ridendo mores.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:37 pm
The white-man Europeans came to take their lands. :shrug:
;) after they were migrated "out of Africa" millions of years before, they came "to take their country back" :twisted:
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

and this is why the @GOP is hell-bent on destroying our educational system: https://skepticalinquirer.org/exclusive ... -theories/
castigat ridendo mores.
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Flatpoint High wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:47 pm and this is why the @GOP is hell-bent on destroying our educational system: https://skepticalinquirer.org/exclusive ... -theories/
Ok, let's see them jump out of a tall building and not trust in gravitational theory. (that is a scientific theory, not a law)
I think it is Montana which has a proposed bill to ban teaching scientific theories. Perhaps the Chinese balloon dropped a "stupid" bomb on that state.
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

neonzx wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:22 am
Flatpoint High wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:47 pm and this is why the @GOP is hell-bent on destroying our educational system: https://skepticalinquirer.org/exclusive ... -theories/
Ok, let's see them jump out of a tall building and not trust in gravitational theory. (that is a scientific theory, not a law)
I think it is Montana which has a proposed bill to ban teaching scientific theories. Perhaps the Chinese balloon dropped a "stupid" bomb on that state.
Oh, that bomb was detonated a while ago
castigat ridendo mores.
Volkonski
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Volkonski »

The Pentagon downed an unidentified object over Alaska at the order of President Biden, according to U.S. officials.
Friday, February 10, 2023 2:42 PM ET

The incident comes less than a week after a U.S. fighter jet shot down a Chinese spy balloon over the Atlantic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/10/us/p ... 595e2e6e66
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MsDaisy
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy »

How many of Fogbowers out there have green eyes? I do, I got them from my Dad. My mom & sister both had brown. I take notice of eye color in people that I meet, but I very rarely encounter another green-eyed soul. Do we have any others here?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

Is hazel considered green? Both Sprout and the mr have beautiful hazel eyes.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

I have green eyes. My dad did, too, but I'm the only one of three who didn't get my mother's blue eyes. I read once that it's very common in Hungarians, but I'm not sure if that's true. My two kids didn't get them either. :dance:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:23 pm Is hazel considered green? Both Sprout and the mr have beautiful hazel eyes.
I think hazel in considered more brown.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:23 pm Is hazel considered green? Both Sprout and the mr have beautiful hazel eyes.
No green eyes are solid green, I got mine from my dad.
https://owlcation.com/stem/The-Differen ... Hazel-Eyes

Return to “General Stuff”