Hijack This Thread

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:06 am
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

"Fluoridation, Mandrake."

Amazingly (or perhaps not) this idiocy has returned...

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... eneficial/

"Two forms of fluoride in our drinking water “are so toxic that the CDC clearly labels these chemicals extremely toxic in both animals and humans." -Instagram post
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I just have to say this one last time:

Turn around and take a real good look at all that has happened to our democracy, to our country, to our faith in our fellow Americans to do the right thing by their neighbors, friends and families, in these interminable repeached Florida guy years (it’s not over yet), keeping in mind all the taunts from birthers about how we “worshipped” Obama like he was a god. I know, it’s almost overwhelming. I have a few weeks, I’ll wait. :mrgreen:

Got it?

Now, imagine if it had been Democrats. Put your hand on your head first, you might be able to keep it from exploding. I forgot that part. Sheesh, what a mess.

I ask again: WHAT ARE WE GOING TO TO ABOUT THEM? THE FEW, THE VERY VOCAL, THE MORANS.

There seems to be very little. This isn’t how this should work, not any of it.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:34 pm :snippity:
All empires must crumble and fade eventually...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:34 pm Put your hand on your head first, you might be able to keep it from exploding. I forgot that part. Sheesh, what a mess.
She made my head assplode. :eek:

I got better. :biggrin:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... story.html
SINGAPORE — Standing on a manhole ­cover in downtown Singapore, dodging double-decker buses and motorcycles, Marjorie Chong sniffs the air and listens for squeaks. "Do you hear that?" she asks.

Chong is searching for otters.

Pollution and deforestation drove away Singapore’s otter population in the 1970s. But as the country cleaned up its waters and reforested land in recent years, otters came back in full force, integrating into urban spaces and learning to navigate one of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities.

Today, to the annoyance of some and the joy of others, the island is home to more than 10 otter romps, or families.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

This is the bestest Twitter account I follow. What a week!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/west- ... ar-AAPQpk4

BALTIMORE — To hear Gov. Jim Justice tell it, West Virginia isn’t almost heaven. The state’s already there, and his earthly paradise beckons to Marylanders just beyond its borders.

:snippity:

Justice made the livestreamed appeal — joined by three of West Virginia’s top state lawmakers — a day after news broke that the cadre of five GOP lawmakers from the Western Maryland counties had dashed off correspondence inquiring about the possibility. The group described their corner of Maryland as neglected by Annapolis and out-of-step with a state politically dominated by Baltimore and the sprawling Washington, D.C., suburbs.

:snippity:

Not everyone was amused. Republican Gov. Larry Hogan called the letters “a mistake” and “just a game for attention” after he took part Friday in a groundbreaking at Baltimore’s Penn Station.

“I understand the frustration of being in Western Maryland, sometimes feeling that you know, out of step, neglected or forgotten by an increasingly progressive legislature that doesn’t somehow relate to some of the folks out in rural areas. But I don’t think that’s the way to go about it,” said Hogan. “I think it was a publicity stunt that worked well because you guys are going to ask about it. But it’s not really going to happen.”
Those counties are rural, although Deep Creek Lake is now an upscale first and second-home community. (My husband's family had a prime piece of real estate and house on the lake once.) I know there's the usual sense of frustration that any state's rural communities seem to have these days. It's maybe a little more prominent here as it's as far from Baltimore and where the action is as any part of a state can be.

We have friends who have a house in Deep Creek and a house here. They love the water sports and skiing. They would sell their house here in a heartbeat, but the taxes are worse in Maryland than Pennsylvania. They are RWNJs, but I'm not sure they would prefer being in West Virginia.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I couldn't sleep again, so I watched some classic TV shows as I often do. Andy Griffith and other sitcoms and some old Western series.

I noticed that there were many shows featuring single fathers. Now I'm trying to recall any shows featuring single moms. Weird.

Andy Griffith and Mayberry RFD
To Kill a Mockingbird
Bonanza
Sky King
Flipper
The Rifleman
MyThree Sons
Family Affair
Courtship of Eddie's Father
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

The only one I can think of is Julia, starring Diahann Carroll.
Image Image Image Image
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:00 am The only one I can think of is Julia, starring Diahann Carroll.
Edit: and as soon as I hit submit, I remembered The Doris Day Show.
Image Image Image Image
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

One Day at a Time.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Phyllis (Mary Tyler Moore spinoff)
Image Image Image Image
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I guess The Ghost snd Mrs. Muir is disqualified. She wasn’t a mom but she was single.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:30 am I guess The Ghost snd Mrs. Muir is disqualified. She wasn’t a mom but she was single.
No, in the teevee version she had two kids.
Image Image Image Image
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:49 am
Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:30 am I guess The Ghost snd Mrs. Muir is disqualified. She wasn’t a mom but she was single.
No, in the teevee version she had two kids.
One in the film.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:00 am The only one I can think of is Julia, starring Diahann Carroll.
Partridge Family
Edit: Murphy Brown
Good Girls
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

A somewhat satisfying moment at the post office yesterday.

There was a jackass in there with his high rise dodge Ram diesel truck decorated with huge FUCK BIDEN flags. He's a young guy. So, he has to park as close to the door as possible while us old guys park closer to the parking lot exit. I waited for him to roar his beast to life, and then stoke on the coals towards the exit. I backed up easing out just fast enough to cut him off forcing some hard braking and a blast from his horn. I took my time getting into gear, sauntering forward to the drive apron at engine idle.

He was pissed. He did the charge forward trick. I did the the old geezer being very cautious at the intersection trick. He was stupid enough to telegraph his move by turning on his right hand turn signal. Fine. Let's go right, and I led the way doing 30 in a 35 zone on a two lane road with oncoming traffic. At the next intersection he tried to pass me on the right but I got to the corner first. I continued to school him in patience through the next four lighted intersections that we sadly had to wait at each and every one.

I led that boy for a couple miles out into the country never getting past 45mph. There was just enough traffic that he never got a chance to pass me. I finally got to my road, made my left, and let the fucker go on his way. He stomped on it. I hope his BP was through the roof, that he got an aneurysm, and stroked out before he got home. The world probably won't get that lucky though.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:clap: :lol: I love it, Bill. Thanks for sharing, made me laugh out loud.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Freedom of expression is a doubled edged sword.

PS: The FitBit says my pulse rate hit 102 as I was pulling out in front of him, and then calmed down to 72 almost immediately. It glided home at 68bpm.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

:lol: You're my hero, bill_g
Image Image Image Image
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

I shouldn't be. It was a dumbass move. But, I have good angels. Nothing bad happened.

I am getting weary of these snowflakes standing on the overpasses every evening waving flags trying to elicit honks of approval which are thankfully pretty few around here. Being within 10ft of one them is what prompted the impromptu go slow suburban guerilla driving.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

I hate it when people tell me I look ten years younger after trimming my beard, particularly when all I did was trim my eyebrows.

Return to “General Stuff”