Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Hijack This Thread

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

qvw2rko7024b1.jpg
qvw2rko7024b1.jpg (56.33 KiB) Viewed 932 times
wk6ozlsy504b1.jpg
wk6ozlsy504b1.jpg (120.38 KiB) Viewed 932 times
iputaagxozl31.jpg
iputaagxozl31.jpg (85.1 KiB) Viewed 932 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Hijack This Thread

Post by Maybenaut »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:29 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... -maryland/
Fighter jets from Joint Base Andrews were scrambled to intercept a private plane over Virginia on Sunday afternoon, causing a sonic boom that reverberated across the area, North American Aerospace Defense Command officials said.

The jets were responding to a Cessna that crashed later in Southwest Virginia, NORAD said in a statement issued Sunday night. F-16 jets from Andrews were scrambled, and the Cessna was unresponsive when hailed by authorities.

It is unclear why the Cessna did not respond or why it crashed later. Three people with knowledge of the event, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly, said the military did not shoot the plane down and there is no indication that the military caused the crash. The jets used flares to try to get the Cessna pilot’s attention, NORAD said.

The Cessna was intercepted at about 3:20 p.m., but the pilot remained unresponsive and crashed near the George Washington National Forest, officials said. Officials with the National Transportation Safety Board said the plane had been unresponsive to air traffic control communications before it crashed.
So sad. It crashed about an hour and a half southwest of here. According to the article, it was going from Tennessee to Long Island, but it turned around near Long Island (there’s a graphic in the article).
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

‘We’re mowed over’: colossal data centers are taking over the US countryside
New developments for cloud computing could threaten civil-war era and post-emancipation historical sites in rural Virginia

Aliya Uteuova
Mon 5 Jun 2023 11.00 BST

As you drive west from Washington DC, an imposing cluster of rectangular buildings emerges from the countryside. They emit a whirring sound, and could be confused for warehouses.

But, in fact, this is the home of the cloud internet.

These are data centers, where companies such as Amazon, Google and Microsoft store and distribute information. Prince William county, 40 miles (65km) from the US capital, is set to become the world’s capital of cloud storage if an ambitious but controversial project goes through.

“It’s a flash flood,” said Blaine Pearsall, who serves on the county’s historical commission.

On a gloomy morning earlier this year, Pearsall unloaded stacks of yellow manila folders from his red SUV. As he laid them out on the hood of the car, large maps stuck out from the pile of permits, zoning records and historical documents.

He traced the topography of Prince William county on a map, pointing to ridges and river valleys that make up his home. Pearsall noted the Manassas National Battlefield Park, where two key engagements of the US civil war took place, as well as historic sites that preserve the country’s history of slavery and emancipation, such as the remains of one of the only schools accessible to Black students in this area in the late 19th century. But he believes this familiar landscape is on the verge of becoming unrecognizable.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... evelopment
RVInit

Hijack This Thread

Post by RVInit »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:00 pm I don't use a CPAP but I do go through about a gallon of distilled water a week for sinus rinses (Yes, it's disgusting. No, I don't want to talk about it.) I don't know about the rest of the country but we're still having periodic distilled water shortages. They don't last as long but there are still times when all the grocery stores are out for a few days. Oddly, I can sometimes find it at Menards (Midwest regional big box home center) when everybody else is out. Anyway, I've learned to keep extra distilled water on hand just in case. Something to keep in mind.
Oh man, same here. I have severe allergies and my sinuses are constantly clogged. Even with the rinses I can barely keep them clear, they just fill right back up within an hour or two. But that first hour after rinsing when I can actually breathe some air through my nose is a heavenly experience. I never knew what it was like to be able to breathe through my nose before. So, even though it doesn't last for as long as I would like, it's still worth it. I hide the bottles of distilled water from everyone else so they won't accidentally drink it or use for cooking, and have the same issue with finding it sometimes.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Hijack This Thread

Post by Maybenaut »

RVInit wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:24 pm
Shizzle Popped wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:00 pm I don't use a CPAP but I do go through about a gallon of distilled water a week for sinus rinses (Yes, it's disgusting. No, I don't want to talk about it.) I don't know about the rest of the country but we're still having periodic distilled water shortages. They don't last as long but there are still times when all the grocery stores are out for a few days. Oddly, I can sometimes find it at Menards (Midwest regional big box home center) when everybody else is out. Anyway, I've learned to keep extra distilled water on hand just in case. Something to keep in mind.
Oh man, same here. I have severe allergies and my sinuses are constantly clogged. Even with the rinses I can barely keep them clear, they just fill right back up within an hour or two. But that first hour after rinsing when I can actually breathe some air through my nose is a heavenly experience. I never knew what it was like to be able to breathe through my nose before. So, even though it doesn't last for as long as I would like, it's still worth it. I hide the bottles of distilled water from everyone else so they won't accidentally drink it or use for cooking, and have the same issue with finding it sometimes.
You can make your own. There are a number of electric countertop distillers available on Amazon.

The prepper in me wanted to learn to do it old school. I have a distiller I can use over a wood stove. The one I got is no longer available, and I hardly use it. But it’s good to know I can make fresh waster from the pond without electricity or propane if I have to.

They say you shouldn't drink distilled water because it flushes out stuff your body needs. But in an emergency, distilled water is better than water with Giardia
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RVInit

Hijack This Thread

Post by RVInit »

Thanks! I will check that out.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

UK (ca 2013)
Rowan Atkinson on free speech

The Christian Institute

31 May 2023

The Christian Institute spearheaded the Reform Section 5 campaign to get the word ‘insulting’ removed from Section 5 of the Public Order Act, as part of the Crime and Courts Bill.

After a lengthy campaign, which included support from celebrities including Rowan Atkinson and Stephen Fry, the then Home Secretary Theresa May eventually agreed. The change is now incorporated in Section 57 of the Crime and Courts Act 2013 which came into force on 1 February 2014.

http://reformsection5.org.uk/

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

AT LAST! MY COUSINS NO LONGER RULE!!!!!
The outer rings of the web, as we all know, are things like educational institutions, the media, governmental departments etc. Move in to the centre a touch and we hit large corporations and their lobbyists. Move further into the web and we encounter think tanks and supranational organisations like the IMF, the Trilateral Commission, the Club of Rome (all roads lead there), the Bilderberg Group etc. Secret societies also, such as the Rosicrucians and Freemasons. Then we move in more and we find bloodlines such as the House of Rothschild, the Rockefellers etc. This is usually where things reach a dead end. However, few people realise that families such as the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Duponts etc. are greatly overshadowed by far more ancient and prestigious bloodlines.
Move another ring into the centre of the web and we see the papal bloodlines. The black nobility. The Venetian cult that Kubrick warned us about in Eyes Wide Shut. Of course, the Rothschilds are of the same blood, but their branch is comparatively low level within the mafia-like structure. It's one big family with no mudbloods or muggles allowed. And I mean that quite literally, in the magical sense. Wherever there is trouble, they are there: Babylon, Nineveh, Tyre, Canaan, Kazharia, you name it. As for the spider in the middle, the closest you'll get are royal houses like Aldobrandini, Colonna, Orsini, Hanover, Guelph, Farnese etc. These are the families who control the Holy See which controls the Vatican. These are the families behind every pope, cardinal, and monarch of the past 2,000 years. The Orsini family alone claim 5 popes and 34 cardinals. And that rebel Martin Luther? He was shielded by the House of Wettin. Just another gang still going strong. For those interested in more, the Almanach de Gotha is the go-to source for the historical lineage of the dynasties that control this world.
In short, the monarchies of old are still in power and the Roman Empire is alive and well. But why do they rule over us? Pay close attention and you will see that the Colonna coat of arms is an Ionic pillar. This is the central pillar of Freemasonry, the synthesis of the masculine/solar Doric pillar and the feminine/lunar Corinthian pillar. It is the pillar of Wisdom. This is a key clue as to why royalty are the true rulers. It is crucial to understand that the royal households who rule over us believe they have a divine right to rule based on their blood. They are Anunnaki/fallen angel/watcher/Dagon/Oannes offspring. Anunnaki literally means 'princely offspring'. Our rulers descend from the ancient priest class who came from the stars and endowed Pre-Adamic man with Wisdom, Prudence, Foresight, and Reason. One only needs to watch 2001: A Space Oddyssey to see how this played out.
castigat ridendo mores.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Hijack This Thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Well, that's certainly a view.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

:thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:42 pm Well, that's certainly a view.
castigat ridendo mores.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Hijack This Thread

Post by jez »

Great. Thanks. Yet another Reddit Rabbit Hole for me to run down. :rotflmao:
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

jez wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:02 pm Great. Thanks. Yet another Reddit Rabbit Hole for me to run down. :rotflmao:
yer welcome
castigat ridendo mores.
RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

‘Absolute scandal’: UAE state oil firm able to read Cop28 climate summit emails
Exclusive: UN conference president Sultan Al Jaber is also head of oil firm, which was consulted on how to respond to a media inquiry

Damian Carrington Environment editor
Wed 7 Jun 2023 13.00 BST

The United Arab Emirates’ state oil company has been able to read emails to and from the Cop28 climate summit office and was consulted on how to respond to a media inquiry, the Guardian can reveal.

The UAE is hosting the UN climate summit in November and the president of Cop28 is Sultan Al Jaber, who is also chief executive of the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc). The revelations have been called “explosive” and a “scandal” by lawmakers.

The Cop28 office had claimed its email system was “standalone” and “separate” from that of Adnoc. But expert technical analysis showed the office shared email servers with Adnoc. After the Guardian’s inquiries, the Cop28 office switched to a different server on Monday.

Al Jaber’s dual role has attracted strong criticism, including from the former UN climate chief Christiana Figueres, who called his approach “dangerous”.

Replies to a Guardian email to the Cop28 office requesting reaction to these comments, which did not mention Adnoc, contained the text “Adnoc classification: internal”.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... aber-adnoc
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

Now, that didn't take long, now did it?
castigat ridendo mores.
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

exf6hb48hp4b1.jpg
exf6hb48hp4b1.jpg (139.87 KiB) Viewed 674 times
castigat ridendo mores.
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

uhfkemgmds4b1.jpg
uhfkemgmds4b1.jpg (66.73 KiB) Viewed 641 times
castigat ridendo mores.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Shizzle Popped »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

This is satire, right? I mean, I know there are a lot of stupid people out there but holy crap.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:32 pm :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

This is satire, right? I mean, I know there are a lot of stupid people out there but holy crap.
1353057324215136269-EscGdRcUwAEDxW8.jpg
1353057324215136269-EscGdRcUwAEDxW8.jpg (27.89 KiB) Viewed 607 times
castigat ridendo mores.
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Who is this .png
Who is this .png (107.84 KiB) Viewed 572 times
I keep seeing an ad on CNN with this guy in it and I know I know this face from somewhere but I’m damned if I can remember where. Anyone know who this guy is?
Estiveo
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Estiveo »

Jason Momoa/Aquaman
Image Image Image Image
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Estiveo wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:41 am Jason Momoa/Aquaman
Aquaman! Thanks, I should have known that! :thumbsup:
qbawl

Hijack This Thread

Post by qbawl »

MsDaisy 2 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:45 am
Estiveo wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:41 am Jason Momoa/Aquaman
Aquaman! Thanks, I should have known that! :thumbsup:
He also Stars in 'SEE' on TV iirc.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Shizzle Popped »

"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

OK, that one is awesome, FPH. :lol:
Out from under. :thumbsup: