Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Hijack This Thread

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Truck drivers boycott Colorado after driver sentenced to 110 years in prison
Truckers are refusing to drive to Colorado, pushing for the state to grant Rogel Aguilera-Mederos clemency

By Gitanjali Poonia
Dec 20, 2021, 12:45pm MST,

Truck drivers are protesting the 110-year prison sentence of a truck driver who killed four people in a crash.

Rogel Aguilera-Mederos, the truck driver, crashed a semi-truck into traffic, killing four people an injuring several others in April 2019. The crash also damaged and destroyed 28 vehicles, per CBS4 Denver.

The truck reportedly lost braking function when it was traveling downhill on Interstate 70.

Aguilera-Mederos was arrested on 27 counts — four counts of vehicular homicide, six counts of first-degree assault, 10 counts of attempt to commit assault in first degree, two counts of vehicular assault, one count of reckless driving and four counts of careless driving causing death, per the report.

Aguilera-Mederos, 26, was found guilty in October and sentenced on Dec. 13, where Judge A. Bruce Jones said his hands were tied due to mandatory minimum laws in the state.

According to the Independent, his lawyer stated that Aguilera-Mederos had no previous criminal record and he’s a Cuban immigrant who values his new life in the U.S. The investigation also didn’t find the truck driver under the influence.

His sentence caused an outrage. A Change.org petition already has 4.3 million signatures, and is asking for clemency or commutation as time served.

The petition also states that the trucking company involved has had “several inspections since 2017, with several mechanical violations.”
Now, truckers are protesting by boycotting Colorado.

https://www.deseret.com/2021/12/20/2284 ... -in-prison
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:26 pm Okay, Fogbow engineers, please splain how cocaine and meth are wrapped around a penis. I have some crochet and taping ideas. :biggrin:
Duh. Shrink wrap.
Image Image Image Image
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

bill_g wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:03 am Just a reminder - today is the 24th, and you only have 10 shopping months left.
If you missed this earlier message, apologizes. I'm afraid the clock has run out, and your shopping window is closing rapidly. I suggest working on your escape and evasion maneuvers.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:14 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:26 pm Okay, Fogbow engineers, please splain how cocaine and meth are wrapped around a penis. I have some crochet and taping ideas. :biggrin:
Duh. Shrink wrap.
Oh, ouchy. Do you know how to shrink shrink wrap? (Hint: It involves a heat gun. :shock: )
Out from under. :thumbsup:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:32 am
Estiveo wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:14 am
Duh. Shrink wrap.
Oh, ouchy. Do you know how to shrink shrink wrap? (Hint: It involves a heat gun. :shock: )
In this case, you don't have to shrink the shrink wrap but just expand the... uh, you know.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Gorilla Glue.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:36 am Gorilla Glue.
Of course!
Image Image Image Image
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

“Officer, I have NO IDEA how it got there!”
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao: for all the "shrink wrap" replies!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:15 pm “Officer, I have NO IDEA how it got there!”
Maybe he slipped and fell on it.*

*like the guy who "slipped and fell" on that rather large thing that ended up embedded up his rear end.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Tonight we have the grand brats and the grand pug spending the night so their parents can wrap Christmas. As usual when they sleep over we have to erect a camping tent w/air mattress in the bedroom and they camp out in there. Alice on the right side throwing all her crap in a jumble in her corner, and Donavan on the left with all of his crap in perfect order in his corner. Currently they're running through the house like wild things with the pug right behind them. Our two dogs laying back watching all the commotion trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with them! LOL!
tek

Post by tek »

That sounds like a perfect holiday evening!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

MsDaisy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:07 pm As usual when they sleep over we have to erect a camping tent w/air mattress in the bedroom and they camp out in there.
I tried that once when I was a boy, and wow! My mom really didn't appreciate me pounding metal tent stakes into her hardwood floor.

For some reason. :think:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I laughed so hard at this. I must be a bad person. :lol: Keep watching.

Lani

Post by Lani »

I loved that! Reminds me when I lived in the WDC area. If there was an inch of snow on the roads, everyone went nutz and crashed into each other. It would take hours to get out of the city. Like 5 or more hours.

Later I had a front wheel drive car (I think it was a VW rabbit), and I drove around my town to pick up neighbors when they got off the buses (and later the Metro) and took them to their homes.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

Funny, yes, if you weren't a participant. You know it's bad when a bus can't stop. The cop doing a 360° was fun too, also.
tek

Post by tek »

the snowplow driver should have kicked the truck into a 180 so he could sand his path! :batting:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

That's what chains are for. It doesn't say what city this was, but playing bouncy car down a hill is common in Portland too. The snow plow truck should have dropped it hard so it dug in, though his blade made have runners on it to prevent blade damage from broken roadway.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I slid down many a hill in Arlington VA. Usually sideways, but sometimes backwards too (also).

Because Buitengebieden, I assumed this was somewhere in Europe. I don’t recognized the green slash/circle on signs. Ours are red.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Due to the non-European license plates and the Banque Nationale sign, I think it may be somewhere in deepest Canuckistan.
Image Image Image Image
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Hard to see those details on an iPhone, but ima believe you. :kiss:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

My parents retired from Ohio to Augusta, Georgia back in the seventies.

One year, they got a dusting of snow, maybe half an inch. On the radio, the announcer said "If you were born north of the Mason-Dixon line, you can go to work. If you were born south of it, stay home".

Having snow was a very unusual occurrence in Augusta, and most native Georgians had no idea how to drive in it. The presumption was the northerners had at least some experience with it.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:34 pm
Rude, but delightful. :rotflmao:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Oakley Introduces Line Of Sunglasses For Front Of Head”:
https://www.theonion.com/oakley-introdu ... ce=twitter
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?

Return to “General Stuff”