Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Hunter Biden - But His Emails! Gun Charge Indictment, Taxes, Hacking, Election Interference, Russian Ops - Jack Maxey

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Hunter Biden - But His Emails! Hacking, Election Interference, Russian Ops - Jack Maxey

Post by Slim Cognito »

I think we should develop a disaster rating scale using Hunter Biden's Laptop, like the Richter scale but for trump news. The more damning the trump news, the higher the HBL number assigned. It would correlate to the hysterical screams of RW pundits as they cling to the sides of the sinking ship.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Hunter Biden - But His Emails! Hacking, Election Interference, Russian Ops - Jack Maxey

Post by RTH10260 »

Top Rating: 90° - Titanic vertical down ;)
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Coming soon...
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

The reviews are in: it's trash.
Laurence Fox’s embarrassing Hunter Biden movie is a fate worse than ‘cancellation’
Breitbart News’s low-budget satire focusing on Hunter Biden and his father, the US president, has united two actors who both have experience of high-profile controversy. Maybe those crying ‘cancel culture’ have a point, writes Louis Chilton – ‘My Son Hunter’ surely constitutes cruel and unusual punishment

Can a person ever really be “cancelled”? I used to think not. Supposedly radioactive celebrities still manage to land lucrative Netflix specials, sell out stadiums, and win illustrious awards. But what happens when they don’t? You end up with a film like My Son Hunter.

The political satire, released today online, focuses on Hunter Biden, the son of the sitting US president. It stars Laurence Fox as Hunter, John James as Joe Biden, and Gina Carano as the narrator, a secret service agent invented for the purposes of the film. Fox, an actor whose early films include Robert Altman’s Gosford Park and Shekhar Kapur’s Elizabeth: The Golden Age, has become a self-professed “cancelled” person in recent years, thanks to widely criticised remarks on issues such as Covid-19, Black Lives Matter, and trans rights. Carano, a former wrestler, is also said to have been “cancelled”; her recurring stint on the hit Star Wars series The Mandalorian came to an acrimonious end last year following a string of social media posts about Jewish people, Covid, gender and election fraud.

Directed by Robert Davi and distributed via the far-right media platform Breitbart News, My Son Hunter is a pretty bald-faced work of conservative agitprop. It borrows from the real lives of the Bidens – though is careful to stipulate at the beginning that it “is not a true story” (coyly adding “... except for all the facts”). The film revels in the younger Biden’s well-publicised issues with substance abuse and addiction, as well as the “scandal” involving his laptop, and some of his business dealings. It paints Joe Biden, meanwhile, as a senile, lecherous crook. One scene sees him hold his mobile phone upside down and talk about a “quid pro crow”. Another sees him fetishistically sniff Carano’s hair.

To say that My Son Hunter is bad would almost be beside the point. Shot on a small budget, with its intended audience a handful of diehard Maga-heads, this is a niche film for a niche market. You couldn’t even really call it preaching to the choir; this is sermonising to the Vatican itself.
:snippity:
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 60240.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

His "purported laptop."
raison de arizona

This is a rash all over the rwnj sites, but I think this is the OG source.
Hunter Biden asks for recalculation of child support payments, cites change in finances

Hunter Biden is asking a judge to recalculate his child support payments to an Arkansas woman, citing "a substantial material change" in his "financial circumstances, including but not limited to his income."

As a result, the existing child support calculation "is not in compliance with 'Revised Administrative Order 10,' he alleged, referring to the state's guidelines for child support.

Biden, the son of President Joe Biden, filed his motion to reset child support Monday in Independence County, where the initial paternity action originated and where the child and her mother, Lunden Roberts, reside.
:snippity:
After initially denying he was the father of their baby, referred to in court documents by her initials, NJR, Biden eventually agreed to take a paternity test.

It established, "with near scientific certainty," that Biden was the baby's father, Circuit Judge Holly Meyer subsequently noted.

In "Beautiful Things," Biden said he "had no recollection of our encounter," suggesting his substance use had interfered with his memory.

Tuesday, Lancaster said Biden's daughter, now 4 years old, is flourishing.

"She's a happy, healthy, beautiful little girl that looks like a cross between her mother with some Biden splashed in," he said. "[She] does extremely well except for the fact that her father has nothing to do with her and her grandfather has nothing to do with her. She's never met either one."

[WEDNESDAY UPDATE: In a written statement sent to the Democrat-Gazette Wednesday, Biden's attorney noted the change in the formula for calculating child support. The motion does not list specific information about Biden's income or assets.

"Effective July 1, 2020, the Arkansas legislature reformed the child support statutory guidelines which apply to this case. Like many other individuals whose child support obligations were calculated before the new guidelines took effect, Mr. Biden has asked the Court to review the existing child support determination and to establish an amount of child support that complies with the current guidelines and circumstances," Langdon said in a written statement.]
https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2022/sep ... -of-child/
raison de arizona

tfg investigations must be heating up.
556781D0-E7CB-4013-81C5-9E356B25F9BD.png
556781D0-E7CB-4013-81C5-9E356B25F9BD.png (460.62 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:notlistening:

Comer: "I Googled a picture of his assistant. She's a very attractive girl, so I started looking even more."
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Half of these Republican morons have done something at least as bad as Hunter has allegedly done. Don’t get all self-righteous if’n you dont want your own peccadillos to be on parade.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:58 pm Coming soon...
I watched this trailer, waiting for someone to look straight at the camera and yell "Live From New York! Its Saturday Night!".
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

As a 60-something, this may make some cringe, but...nekkid water sliding sounds AWESOME!!!
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:23 pm As a 60-something, this may make some cringe, but...nekkid water sliding sounds AWESOME!!!
Yabut, I would be very concerned with the coefficient of friction twixt the side and my nether regions.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:36 pm Half of these Republican morons have done something at least as bad as Hunter has allegedly done. Don’t get all self-righteous if’n you dont want your own peccadillos to be on parade.
I'm not sure what he's done. He has a drug addiction. Most families somewhere have someone with a drug addiction who makes poor choices. If he were running for office, I might be concerned. But he's not so there's that.

And of course it's not like there's no drugs in the Orange family.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:53 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:36 pm Half of these Republican morons have done something at least as bad as Hunter has allegedly done. Don’t get all self-righteous if’n you dont want your own peccadillos to be on parade.
I'm not sure what he's done. He has a drug addiction. Most families somewhere have someone with a drug addiction who makes poor choices. If he were running for office, I might be concerned. But he's not so there's that.

If having a drug addict in the family were disqualifying, J.D. Vance would have some tap-dancing to do.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:53 pm

:yeahthat:

in spades.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Gosh, this could really put a dent in Hunter Biden's campaign for president in 2024.

Missed this, Hunter's ex wrote a book. GMA interview, 7 minutes.

#ABCNews #HunterBiden #Biden
Hunter Biden's ex-wife Kathleen Buhle speaks out in 1st TV interview l GMA
858,708 views Jun 14, 2022

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I didn't watch the video but I saw the still shot of him coming down the water slide, and that camera was precisely aimed to capture anyone coming down the slide.

Which would be really valuable for anyone who wanted to blackmail the customers of the $4,000 a night palace. Hay, if I had nude photos of everyone who stayed at my place, I could make a few dollars, don't you think?

If I had ever stayed in that joint, I'd be calling my lawyer.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Kendra wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:28 pm :notlistening:

Comer: "I Googled a picture of his assistant. She's a very attractive girl, so I started looking even more."
WTF is a "Fang Fang"?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:38 am WTF is a "Fang Fang"?
Not a what, its a who.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/315 ... he-country
Meet Fang Fang, the Chinese Spy Who Slept with US Politicians, Raised Money for Them, and Then Slipped Out of the Country

Source - A suspected Chinese intelligence operative developed extensive ties with local and national politicians, including a U.S. congressman, in what U.S. officials believe was a political intelligence operation run by China’s main civilian spy agency between 2011 and 2015, Axios found in a yearlong investigation.

Why it matters: The alleged operation offers a rare window into how Beijing has tried to gain access to and influence U.S. political circles.

While this suspected operative’s activities appear to have ended during the Obama administration, concerns about Beijing's influence operations have spanned President Trump’s time in office and will continue to be a core focus for U.S. counterintelligence during the Biden administration.
The woman at the center of the operation, a Chinese national named Fang Fang or Christine Fang, targeted up-and-coming local politicians in the Bay Area and across the country who had the potential to make it big on the national stage.
Through campaign fundraising, extensive networking, personal charisma, and romantic or sexual relationships with at least two Midwestern mayors, Fang was able to gain proximity to political power, according to current and former U.S. intelligence officials and one former elected official.
Even though U.S. officials do not believe Fang received or passed on classified information, the case "was a big deal, because there were some really, really sensitive people that were caught up" in the intelligence network, a current senior U.S. intelligence official said.
Private but unclassified information about government officials — such as their habits, preferences, schedules, social networks, and even rumors about them — is a form of political intelligence. Collecting such information is a key part of what foreign intelligence agencies do.
Among the most significant targets of Fang's efforts was Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.). ...A statement from Swalwell's office provided to Axios said: "Rep. Swalwell, long ago, provided information about this person — whom he met more than eight years ago, and whom he hasn’t seen in nearly six years — to the FBI. To protect information that might be classified, he will not participate in your story."

Hic sunt dracones
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Thanks Suranis!
raison de arizona

Hunter Biden - But His Emails! Hacking, Election Interference, Russian Ops - Jack Maxey

Haven't found the referenced WaPo story yet, but in all fairness, I haven't looked too hard so far.
Ryan Saavedra @RealSaavedra wrote: BREAKING: Federal prosecutors have enough evidence to charge Democrat President Joe Biden's son with tax and gun crimes, according to The Washington Post
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Hunter Biden - But His Emails! Hacking, Election Interference, Russian Ops - Jack Maxey

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I haven't read the story, but here's the link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... n-charges/
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

WaPo as above wrote:Federal agents see chargeable tax, gun-purchase case against Hunter Biden
Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss, a Trump appointee, must decide whether to charge the son of the current president

By Devlin Barrett and Perry Stein
October 6, 2022 at 2:26 p.m. EDT

Federal agents investigating President Biden’s son Hunter have gathered what they believe is sufficient evidence to charge him with tax crimes and a false statement related to a gun purchase, according to people familiar with the case. The next step is for the U.S. Attorney in Delaware, a Trump administration holdover, to decide on whether to file such charges, these people said.

The investigation into Hunter Biden began in 2018, and became a central focus for then-president Donald Trump during his unsuccessful 2020 reelection effort. Initially, the investigation centered around Hunter Biden’s finances related to overseas business ties and consulting work. Over time, investigators with multiple agencies focused closely on whether he did not report all of his income, and whether he lied on gun purchase paperwork in 2018, according to the people familiar with the situation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing case.

Agents determined months ago they had assembled a viable criminal case against the younger Biden. But it is ultimately up to prosecutors at the Justice Department, not agents, to decide whether to file charges in cases where prosecutors believe the evidence is strong enough to lead to a likely conviction at trial.

Given the intense political interest in a criminal probe involving the son of a sitting president, Attorney General Merrick Garland has made clear that the U.S. Attorney in Delaware, David C. Weiss, who was nominated by Trump in late 2017, is supervising the case.

Garland has vowed there will be no political or otherwise improper interference in the Hunter Biden case, and has not moved to push Weiss to make a decision, the people familiar with the matter said. It is not uncommon for Justice Department investigations to take years to finish.

A spokeswoman for Weiss declined to comment, as did spokespeople for the Justice Department, and the FBI and the IRS, the two primary investigative agencies.

raison de arizona

Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:14 pm I haven't read the story, but here's the link:

Thank you!

Leaking leakers who leak.
Asked about the case, Chris Clark, a lawyer for Hunter Biden, accused investigators of leaking information. “It is a federal felony for a federal agent to leak information about a Grand Jury investigation such as this one,” Clark said in a written statement. "Any agent you cite as a source in your article apparently has committed such a felony. We expect the Department of Justice will diligently investigate and prosecute such bad actors. As is proper and legally required, we believe the prosecutors in this case are diligently and thoroughly weighing not just evidence provided by agents, but also all the other witnesses in this case, including witnesses for the defense. That is the job of the prosecutors. They should not be pressured, rushed, or criticized for doing their job.”
And reading the story, tfg and his ilk will crow undoubtedly, but this isn't about the "Biden Family Crime Syndicate" featured hourly in rwnj news, this is about Hunter Biden not reporting all his income, and lying on a form to purchase a gun by not disclosing his previous drug addiction. It appears.
raison de arizona

More at link:
IfHatHadHappened @Popehat wrote: /2 God Bless federal agents but “federal agents think they have enough to charge” is on a spectrum not too far form “LAPD officer thinks he was totally right to shoot that guy” — non an unimpeachable opinion.

/3 Next, remember that FBI leaks have a long, ugly history of being used as political and personal weapons. In fact it’s been really remarkable how few leaks there have been in the investigations of Trump. Leaking this now is very plausibly a deliberate strategic act.

Return to “Current Politics”