Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

The Big Lie

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Notaperson

Re: The Big Lie

Post by Notaperson »

Trump campaign demonized two Georgia election workers – and death threats followed
Desperate to overturn his election loss, Donald Trump and his team spun a sprawling voter-fraud fiction, casting two rank-and-file election workers, a mother and her daughter, as the main villains. The women endured months of death threats and racist taunts – and one went into hiding.
https://www.reuters.com/investigates/sp ... s-georgia/
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

The Georgia election workers discussed in the article above are suing the Gateway Pundit.

Georgia election workers suing conspiracy website over ‘campaign of lies’
Two Georgia election workers who became the target of conspiracy theories around the 2020 election are suing The Gateway Pundit, a far-right website that published false information about them as part of a sweeping effort to sow doubt about the integrity of the vote.

The election workers, Ruby Freeman, a retired 911 call center worker, and her daughter, Shaye Moss, allege in the lawsuit that Jim and Joe Hoft, twin brothers who operate and write for The Gateway Pundit, conducted “a campaign of lies” that “instigated a deluge of intimidation, harassment, and threats that has forced them to change their phone numbers, delete their online accounts, and fear for their physical safety.”

Freeman and her daughter became central figures in some of the many conspiracy theories that circulated among conservatives in the months after the election. Other subjects of similar theories — most notably companies that make voting machines — have also launched lawsuits targeted at media companies that spread misleading or outright evidence-free claims about their roles in the election.
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/g ... s-rcna7319
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Nota, I've linked the actual lawsuit here fwiw.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

spiduh wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:41 pm Nota, I've linked the actual lawsuit here fwiw.
Grazie!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

If trump named them, I wonder why they aren't suing him.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-03/ ... /100671384

A representative from Mr Trump's legal team, Jacki Pick, spoke before a Georgia state Senate committee on December 3, 2020, and showed part of a surveillance video from the room where ballots were counted at State Farm Arena in Atlanta.

Ms Pick told the committee that Republican observers were asked to leave the room late on election night and that, once they were gone, election workers pulled out and counted hidden, fraudulent ballots.

She did not name the election workers in the video "but said 'one of them had the name Ruby across her shirt somewhere'", the lawsuit says.

Later that day, The Gateway Pundit was the first outlet to publish Ms Freeman's full name and, in a subsequent story, it also identified Ms Moss, the lawsuit says.

The allegation that "suitcases" of ballots were pulled from under tables away from the eyes of observers was almost immediately debunked.

However, the allegation continues to circulate among supporters of the former president and others who say the election was marred by fraud.

The Gateway Pundit and the Hofts perpetuated the debunked narrative, publishing stories and promoting them on social media, even after they were aware it had been disproved, the lawsuit says.

Among other things, the suit says, their stories accused Ms Freeman and Ms Moss of conspiring to get observers out of a room where ballots were being counted, adding illegal ballots to the count and running the same ballots through scanners multiple times.

In a phone call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger on January 2, Mr Trump pressed the Republican official to "find" votes for him and mentioned Ms Freeman by name, calling her "a vote-scammer, a professional vote-scammer and hustler".
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I would like to seriously ask for any parallel in history to what we're seeing.
A third of our nation of 330 million people is in a cult, but to be in the cult you have to prove your ability to deny reality and base your political beliefs on an outright lie, because the cult leader is too immature to accept that he lost an election - an election he didn't work to win, but tried to steal after the fact.

Anything like this in history? :confuzzled: :think: I'm coming up empty. :daydreaming:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Last months of Caligula
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I have a book about Caligula, but I forgot where I put my memory pills, so I'm a little rusty on the details. :think:

Maybe I oughta read it again. :idea:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

Moar real voter fraud discovered:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I've always wondered how many snowbirds vote in person in their southern state and absentee in their northern home state. It would seem easy to do and very tempting for some folks.
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Inside the nonstop pressure campaign by Trump allies to get election officials to revisit the 2020 vote
More than a year after Donald Trump lost the presidency, election officials across the country are facing a growing barrage of claims that the vote was not secure and demands to investigate or decertify the outcome, efforts that are eating up hundreds of hours of government time and spreading distrust in elections.

The ongoing attack on the vote is being driven in part by well-funded Trump associates, who have gained audiences with top state officials and are pushing to inspect protected machines and urging them to conduct audits or sign on to a lawsuit seeking to overturn the 2020 results. And the campaign is being bolstered by grass-roots energy, as local residents who have absorbed baseless allegations of ballot fraud are now forcing election administrators to address the false claims.

The fallout has spread from the six states where Trump sought to overturn the outcome in 2020 to deep-red places such as Idaho, where officials recently hand-recounted ballots in three counties to refute claims of vote-flipping, and Oklahoma, where state officials commissioned an investigation to counter allegations that voting machines were hacked.

State and local officials said no one has presented actual evidence that rampant fraud tainted the 2020 election, and numerous ballot reviews and legal proceedings have affirmed that the vote was secure. Yet they and their staffs have been forced into a high-stakes game of whack-a-mole, debunking a steady stream of false allegations only to see similar claims emerge again from other groups or in other states.

The onslaught is exhausting and troubling, officials said, as they launch preparations for the 2022 midterm elections — and is further eroding faith in the nation’s voting systems.

“If we want to continue to provide safe, secure and accessible elections, constantly running down absurd conspiracy theories is not sustainable,” said Patrick Gannon, a spokesman for the North Carolina State Board of Elections. “For many election workers, this has become a full-time job.”
► Show Spoiler
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

This isnt really on topic but I just had this fabulous conversation on facebook and I really had to share. I'd blank the accounts name but fuck sake its probably fake.
John Cox
Even asking the question is a conspiracy
Stop asking questions

Me
No, just take "FOR THE 200TH TIME IT'S NOT MAN MADE!!!!" for an answer.
Asking questions is worthless if you are not interested in the answer.

John Cox
I'm not seeking an answer.
I'm seeking failure of governments.
All of them.

me
plenty of exciting opportunities to live free in places like Somalia and Libya. Let us know how it works out.

John Cox
It's OK if you're scared.
Freedom is dangerous AF

Me
Sorry, I don't want to argue with someone who is relying on Goverment control of Standards by using things like "the Internet" and "Electricity." Not to mention having accepted enforced Goverment homogenization of communication symbols by the act of "reading."
Hic sunt dracones
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Rudy Giuliani and One America News sued by Georgia poll workers falsely accused of electoral fraud
Two election workers who counted votes for the 2020 presidential election filed a defamation lawsuit Thursday against the parent company of One America News, senior staff at the far-right TV network and Rudolph W. Giuliani, who served as a personal lawyer to former president Donald Trump.

Ruby Freeman and her daughter Wandrea “Shaye” Moss, who worked in Fulton County, Ga., allege that One America News and Giuliani, who frequently appears on the network, knowingly spread misinformation about them, including falsehoods that they logged illegal ballots for Joe Biden in the election.

The two women “have become objects of vitriol, threats, and harassment … because of a campaign of malicious lies,” their attorneys wrote in the suit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. “Deliberate efforts to spread disinformation about America’s election workers undermine the integrity of American elections … and accordingly, threaten democracy.”
:snippity:
Giuliani, One America News and its senior staff named in the lawsuit — chief executive Robert Herring, president Charles Herring and chief White House correspondent Chanel Rion — did not immediately return requests for comment late Thursday.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ion-fraud/
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Rudy Giuliani attacks 'fascist' Fox News for not inviting him on: 'They seem frightened of George Soros!'

Brad Reed
December 27, 2021

Former Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani on Monday attacked Fox News for no longer inviting him onto their programs.

While appearing on "Real America's Voice," the former New York mayor said that Fox News was ungrateful to him for the support he'd given them throughout the years, and said it was wrong that he was no longer a regular on the network.

"They forget their friends pretty damn fast!" Giuliani charged. "The thing I resent most is they won't tell me why! I'm not being told why I'm not being allowed on!"

In fact, Fox News reportedly stopped having Giuliani on because his false statements about Dominion Voting Systems were leaving them liable to defamation lawsuits.

https://www.rawstory.com/rudy-giuliani- ... 656167290/
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:16 pm
In fact, Fox News reportedly stopped having Giuliani on because his false statements about Dominion Voting Systems were leaving them liable to defamation lawsuits.
I don't doubt that is the _real_ reason, but FWIW, my recollection is that FoxNews stated that Giuliani just wasn't relevant anymore as the reason.
Jim

Post by Jim »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:23 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:16 pm
I don't doubt that is the _real_ reason, but FWIW, my recollection is that FoxNews stated that Giuliani just wasn't relevant anymore as the reason.
He's no longer the useful idiot he once was for them.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Jim wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:34 pm He's no longer the useful idiot he once was for them.
Rudy still fits 50% of that description! :biggrin:
raison de arizona

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bob

Post by bob »

Not sending their best.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

The Villages appears to be a hive of lawlessness and voter fraud.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

His mustache is…interesting.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:49 pm His mustache is…interesting.
It has a vague familiarity about it, doesn't it?
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:47 pm The Villages appears to be a hive of lawlessness and voter fraud.
A *wretched* hive of lawlessness and voter fraud. Like Mos Eisley with golf carts and Trump 2020 signs.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”