Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Donald J. Trump, et. al. v. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube Cash Stunt - Grifting America First (Policy Institute)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Donald J. Trump, et. al. v. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube Cash Stunt - Grifting America First (Policy Institute)

Post by Luke »

Hey, can we please have this topic for the doomed T*** social media lawsuits? Hate opening that topic and giving it more views, and these cases are going to have plenty to keep a topic going. Even used the Disgraced Loser's name in the title so it can be searched. Maybe the initial posts can move over here. If somebody else wants to create the topic, that's dandy too.

The cases are: Trump et al v Twitter Inc et al, 21-cv-22441, Trump et al v Facebook Inc et al, 21-cv-22440, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida (Miami) and Trump et al v YouTube LLC et al, 21-cv-61384, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida (Ft. Lauderdale).

Mike Dunford's Twitch tonight is hilarious about it, he's still on live as of 11pm EDT:

:lol: They just cut and pasted the signature pages so the same typos are on both.

Cable News Star Greta Van Susteren’s Husband John P. Coale is Suing Big Tech on Trump’s Behalf
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/ca ... ps-behalf/
Attorney Matthew Lee Baldwin is the only member of the Florida Bar and therefore listed as the lead attorney on each of the four filings in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. Not much is has been reported about Baldwin, whose law firm focuses on property insurance claims, water damage, commercial litigation and criminal defense, according to their website–and which describes itself as “a diverse law firm which excels in various practice areas and zealously advocates on behalf of our clients,” per their Twitter bio.
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/ca ... ps-behalf/

The grift is from the America First Policy Institute, which we discussed in another topic when it started. The grifting has already started at https://www.constitutionallitigationpartnership.com/
Trump and the Republican National Committee began blasting fundraising solicitations almost immediately, including one appeal seeking donations “to show your support for President Trump’s lawsuit against Big Tech.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -media-ban

Here's the press conference with the fake White House look, it's on RSBN's Rumble channel:

Asked for an unroll of Dunford's Twitter thread on it: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1412 ... 45250.html

Which he sums up with:

Mike Dunford @questauthority 10h
But overall: This is a garbage lawsuit brought by garbage lawyers on behalf of a garbage twice-impeached ex-President.

The America First Policy Institute Applauds Lawsuit to Hold Big Tech Accountable
JULY 7, 2021

BEDMINSTER, NJ—The America First Policy Institute (AFPI) applauds the class action lawsuit filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida by Donald J. Trump, the 45th President of the United States, and other brave patriots representing Americans who have had their First Amendment rights violated by Defendants Facebook, Inc., Mark Zuckerberg, Twitter, Inc., Jack Dorsey, Google LLC, and Sundar Pichai.

Protected by an outdated and misinterpreted Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, these elites and their firms ride roughshod over some of the most fundamental American rights: the right to speak, the right to be heard, and the right to democratic representation. This lawsuit is not the end of that fight: it is a beginning. It’s a fight AFPI is committed to seeing through. AFPI will continue to support everyday Americans’ efforts to hold Big Tech accountable. Every American can share their personal stories of Big Tech censorship or sign up for updates on these historic efforts to protect their First Amendment freedoms at TakeOnBigTech.com.

STATEMENT FROM BROOKE L. ROLLINS, PRESIDENT AND CEO OF AFPI

“There’s not much precedent for an American President taking major-media corporations to court — nor is there much precedent for an American President engaging the judiciary to shape the landscape of American freedoms after his Presidency.

President Trump often remarked that if Big Tech is out to get him, it’s because they’re out to get the American people — and he was just standing in the way. The actions of the Big Tech firms we’re taking to court illustrate the point perfectly. What they’ve done, what they’ve wrought in the past few years staggers the imagination.

ALL Americans need Donald Trump to win — not for what it will mean for him, but for what it will mean for every American man, woman, and child.”

STATEMENT FROM PAM BONDI, CHAIRMAN, CONSTITUTIONAL LITIGATION PARTNERSHIP AT AFPI

“Things have changed over the past several years, and the First Amendment rights of all Americans are on the line in this case. The law and Constitution are on our side. America is the great country that it is because our Constitution protects our freedoms, including freedom from censorship - this lawsuit ensures that those rights are properly defended.”
https://www.constitutionallitigationpartnership.com/

Legal Experts Point Out Glaring Errors in Trump Lawsuits Against Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/le ... d-twitter/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
chancery
Verified:

Re: Donald J. Trump, et. al. v. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube Cash Stunt - Grifitng America First Policy Institute

Post by chancery »

And maybe move the relevant posts?
Chilidog

Re: Donald J. Trump, et. al. v. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube Cash Stunt - Grifitng America First Policy Institute

Post by Chilidog »

Given the errors, typos, etc of these lawsuits, you have to wonder about Trump's mental health.

Seriously. There is something drastically wrong here.

If he hired third rate lawyers to slap these together, did they at least collect the fee in advance?

Are the people around him letting him fo this just to give him something to do so that he won't yell at them?
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

From the former guy thread:
chancery wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:11 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:24 pm
I’m just saying that it is unlikely in the extreme that Trump has agreed to pay them anything. The lawyers are likely figuring this will either get bounced early and they’re not out much, or it won’t get bounced and there will be a big settlement.
The lawyers for a successful class action are entitled to a fee out of the proceeds of the recovery, or sometimes from defendants if the "success" is not a monetary recovery. And in fact, if Trump did agree to pay the lawyers something, it would be unusual, and possibly disqualify him as a class representative, and them as class counsel, because it would cast a shadow on their ability to represent the interests of the class as a whole, something that already seems pretty questionable.

So if the lawyers know anything about anything, they haven't taken any money from Trump.

They know that this isn't going anywhere, but they're hoping to pick up some reputation in the Big Lie crowd.
Lani

Post by Lani »

My WAG is that this is all show for the RWNJs. He'll raise a lot of money from them, he'll convince them that he alone can save the 1st Amendment, and he'll say any judges that knock him out of court are commies. (He will also put their lives at risk.)
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
slq

Post by slq »

Yes, this is a show lawsuit. As in "we'll show them!," which feeds into the RWNJ outrage agenda. But IMHO it's also a (feeble) attempt to change the law. The former guy said numerous times that he wanted to change defamation law to make ie easier for him to sue people who he thought had wronged him by saying mean things, and this is the same. He wants to make it easier for him to sue big tech when they do mean things to him.
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
slq

Post by slq »

Doesn't the fact that he's suing three big tech firms undermine his argument? If you have more than one place to post your :shit: , doesn't that mean that no single one of them is the "public square"? And what about the alternatives? Frank? Rumble? Telegraph? Doesn't their existence mean FB, Twitter, and Youtube aren't the public square? If you can go to a different public forum, how can FB, Twitter, and Youtube be the the special government-sponsored public square?
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:19 am Given the errors, typos, etc of these lawsuits, you have to wonder about Trump's mental health.
I doubt Trump wrote any of the lawsuit itself. It was probably handed off to some junior partner or intern to draft and they were told not to put TOO many useful hours (but plenty of billable) since chances are it isn't going to get very far.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

neeneko wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:51 am
Chilidog wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:19 am Given the errors, typos, etc of these lawsuits, you have to wonder about Trump's mental health.
I doubt Trump wrote any of the lawsuit itself. It was probably handed off to some junior partner or intern to draft and they were told not to put TOO many useful hours (but plenty of billable) since chances are it isn't going to get very far.
I wasn't trying to imply that he wrote them himself.

He did, however, cause them to be written on his behalf.

He apparently has managed to insulate himself from anyone with any ability for rational thought and integrity.

Also, what the hell are you talking about? "Billllible hours?"

This is TRUMP. What law firm out there actually thinks that they will be able to bill him and get paid?

Especially for this dreck.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:17 am Also, what the hell are you talking about? "Billllible hours?"

This is TRUMP. What law firm out there actually thinks that they will be able to bill him and get paid?
If I understand correctly, it looks like America First Policy Institute, not Trump, is actually handling the hiring and paying of lawyers. So.. adults (even if they are grifty) stepped in and are handling things for him. Like so many 'Trump' branded thing, it kinda feels like he is lending his name and hyping a project someone else is actually doing.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

neeneko wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:51 am
Chilidog wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:17 am Also, what the hell are you talking about? "Billllible hours?"

If I understand correctly, it looks like America First Policy Institute, not Trump, is actually handling the hiring and paying of lawyers. So.. adults (even if they are grifty) stepped in and are handling things for him. Like so many 'Trump' branded thing, it kinda feels like he is lending his name and hyping a project someone else is actually doing.
So, that would entail something similar to a name licensing agreement. How much is DFO's cut of the take?
Chilidog

Re: Donald J. Trump, et. al. v. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube Cash Stunt - Grifitng America First (Policy Institute)

Post by Chilidog »

OK.

I'm assuming that lawyers suing on behalf of a third party client like this, while technically legal is the equivelent of lawyer ads on the back of a bus stop bench....

How long will this last once the orange buffoon finds out that people are howling with laughter over this?
neeneko

Re: Donald J. Trump, et. al. v. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube Cash Stunt - Grifitng America First (Policy Institute)

Post by neeneko »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:52 am How long will this last once the orange buffoon finds out that people are howling with laughter over this?
I am seeing a lot of salivating and cheering from the 'big tech hates men/christians/conservatives/whites/whatever' crowd, which takes 'the left' laughing as proof they are really filled with tears, so I doubt Trump cares all that much who is laughing as long as his people are cheering.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:52 am OK.

I'm assuming that lawyers suing on behalf of a third party client like this, while technically legal is the equivelent of lawyer ads on the back of a bus stop bench....

How long will this last once the orange buffoon finds out that people are howling with laughter over this?
I'm waiting for the TV commercials asking people to join the LOLsuit. (class) :rotflmao:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Tomorrow I’m suing Fox News for not having me on every day, and the NY Times for not publishing my OpEds, because First Amendment.

Awww, just kidding. Unlike delusional Dershowitz, I read the First Amendment and it does not apply to private sector companies.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

(cross-posting)

Trump Says He Will Sit For a Deposition For Social Media Lawsuit: ‘I Look Forward to It’
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-sa ... ard-to-it/
Former President Donald Trump said he will give a deposition for his lawsuit against social media companies — even though that means he’ll have to testify about the storming of the U.S. Capitol.

Trump sat for an interview to Bill O’Reilly after announcing his class action lawsuit against Twitter, Facebook and Google over his bans from the platforms in the wake of the violent insurrection carried out by his supporters on Jan. 6. As Trump slammed “bad people” in big tech, O’Reilly noted that the lawsuit was “unprecedented,” and he asked Trump how he’ll respond when social media companies argue in court that he was banned for inciting the riot.

Trump has a long history of threatening lawsuits that he doesn’t follow through with. O’Reilly noted “they’re gonna want to take a deposition from you” as part of the lawsuit’s discovery litigation, meaning Trump will be forced to give sworn testimony about January 6th.
“You gonna sit for a deposition?” O’Reilly asked.

“Sure. I mean, I look forward to it actually,” Trump replied. “I love talking about the election fraud.”

Trump sat for an interview to Bill O’Reilly after announcing his class action lawsuit against Twitter, Facebook and Google over his bans from the platforms in the wake of the violent insurrection carried out by his supporters on Jan. 6. As Trump slammed “bad people” in big tech, O’Reilly noted that the lawsuit was “unprecedented,” and he asked Trump how he’ll respond when social media companies argue in court that he was banned for inciting the riot.

“I didn’t,” Trump claimed. He went on by denying his involvement in the insurrection, complaining about the media, bragging about the size of the rally that turned into the riotous mob, and once again pushing his false claims about “the fraudulent election.”

Bill O'Reilly@BillOReilly

http://BillOReilly.com is loaded today. A clip of my interview with Donald Trump is in the Message of the Day slot. Also, my radio discussion with Sean Hannity is posted for all. Hope you check it out. The entire Trump interview tonight at six eastern.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

neeneko wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:04 am I am seeing a lot of salivating and cheering from the 'big tech hates men/christians/conservatives/whites/whatever' crowd, which takes 'the left' laughing as proof they are really filled with tears, so I doubt Trump cares all that much who is laughing as long as his people are cheering.
... and sending money.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Donald Trump wrote: I love talking about the election fraud.

That's the understatement of the year. The man can't talk about anything else.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

noblepa wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:13 pm
Donald Trump wrote: I love talking about the election fraud.

That's the understatement of the year. The man can't talk about anything else.
BUT... But.... but... will the lawyers ask questions about fraud, election fraud? Will they clamp down on poor former impotus when he drifts and has to be directed back? This is not a press conference where former impotus can just shut down a journalist asking difficult questions ...
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

So even the DFO knows it won’t get as far as depositions. (It would be fun if the Judge held over any dismissal and allowed the depositions to go ahead).
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

In a way, this is kind of a good car for the dogs to be chasing. (No offense, Lt. Root Beer, Chili Dog and smart doggies everywhere.)

It's an irrelevant, sure-fire FAIL. So once again they will grift the marks and have humiliating dismissals. Like the Fraudits, they are amping folks up for major disappointment and anguish. This also keeps the GOP locked in the past, litigating the disgraced loser who lost eight months ago instead of looking to the future and the 2022 elections. These ridiculous Grifting America First (Policy Institute) will further disillusion the marks who really only came out for the disgraced loser (see 2018). So maybe we should be FOR this. Keep talking about it, disgraced loser.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

don't leave out Akiva Cohen's deconstruction of the Facebook suit:
OK, OK. Let's read that new Trump lawsuit*

*Yes, I know, he filed three of the same. One against FB, one against Twitter, and a third I haven't bothered to check. Unless someone tells me otherwise, I'm gonna assume they're carbon copies and just do the one.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Luke

Post by Luke »

Ali "Alexander" Akbar weighs in on Telegram:

ALI ALEXANDER 🇺🇸, [07.07.21 12:20]
Legal analysis shouldn’t trigger you. Our movement isn’t going to secure the wins we need to save the republic by wasting resources or having a fit when it comes time to learn how law is litigated.

Conservatives lose to Big Tech in court because the claims aren’t specific, they fail to properly understand Section 230, and we get caught in federal court and not state court. Additionally, class action lawsuits are misunderstood as a vehicle. They were glamorized in 1990’s movies but they’re poor vehicles for remedies and awesome for lawyers with fees.

There is a way to win but it requires specific claims (that violate the “good faith” part of Section 230 or a tort committed), discrimination against protected classes, a probing discovery that unveils the nature of the conspiracy. We have to use the law as written and as understood. It will require favorable jurisdiction and multiple cases after the first case to blow up discovery.

Asking lower courts to rule on broad constitutional questions hoping the Supreme Court carries the argument for you is a sure way to lose. This is how our system works—like it or not.
Heresy!
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

It's almost as if these lawsuits were deliberately seeded with poison pill errors.

Facebook, needs to be filed in California
Twitter (and you tube as well????). Needs to be filed before a three judge panel.....

Is this the legal equivalent of a Rick Roll?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”