Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Weather Alerts

Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Weather Alerts

Post by Volkonski »

The Weather Channel
@weatherchannel
·
2h
Over 72 million people are under a winter alert and governors from 4 states (NC, SC, VA and GA) have declared a state of emergency ahead of Winter Storm #Izzy.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

We are expecting up to 12 inches. :eek:

I can’t remember the last time we had that much snow. Starts tomorrow. ❄️⛄️❄️

Edited to get rid of start of sentence that never ended. My computer seems to be dying. My son breathed some life into it, but I was on the phone, posting earlier today. When the weather breaks after the snow, I'm out to find a new one. I wish I didn't have to go out.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Duke Energy
@DukeEnergy
·
3h
Due to the approaching winter storm, we estimate 750,000 customers could lose power in the Carolinas. We have more than 10,000 repair workers staged and ready to respond as soon as weather permits. Please prepare now for possible extended outages: http://spr.ly/6015KBhB5.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Cantore is there? They’re doomed.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Reed Timmer
@ReedTimmerAccu
·
12m
GROCERY STORES getting cleaned out of meat, bread, milk and eggs across the Carolina Piedmont! Walmart staff says they are selling faster than they can stock the shelves. Preparations for mass power outages from ice storm.
@accuweather
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:24 pm

Must be just Seattle, as it's sunny with high clouds here in SE King County :? .
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Azastan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:45 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:24 pm https:// twitter.com/NWSSeattle/status/1482464166690516992

Must be just Seattle, as it's sunny with high clouds here in SE King County :? .
I'm in the valley and can attest that it was really, really foggy. Sun never broke through.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

We’re expecting 8-13” here on the mountain starting tomorrow afternoon. Went shopping yesterday; lots of empty shelves. I was able to get most of what I needed.

Stormy has an appointment to get spayed on Monday. I checked with the vet - they’re going to be open no matter what, they said. We’re right on a busy highway and the plows usually keep up. We have a 4 wheel drive, so we’re planning to take her in.

Fun times ahead!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Kendra wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:13 pm
Azastan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:45 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:24 pm https:// twitter.com/NWSSeattle/status/1482464166690516992

I'm in the valley and can attest that it was really, really foggy. Sun never broke through.
It did get misty up here just before dark, but if you'd been here all day you'd have never known there was fog in Seattle!
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Azastan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:20 pm
Kendra wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:13 pm
Azastan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:45 pm Must be just Seattle, as it's sunny with high clouds here in SE King County :? .
It did get misty up here just before dark, but if you'd been here all day you'd have never known there was fog in Seattle!
The last few days have been foggy in my Seattle suburb (my wife tells me the sun pushed through briefly in the late afternoon today but I missed it). I was initially surprised. Fog is not unusual in the winter, but this year, we have had so much rain (and snow) that I forgot fog was on the menu.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Empty shelves? It's all the fault of the Democrats and that Biden guy :!:

:twisted:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:38 am Empty shelves? It's all the fault of the Democrats and that Biden guy :!:

Oh no, it's the UNIONS (according to my elder uncle)... The truckers won't work, says he.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:47 am
RTH10260 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:38 am Empty shelves? It's all the fault of the Democrats and that Biden guy :!:

Oh no, it's the UNIONS (according to my elder uncle)... The truckers won't work, says he.
Not working? Or did thy just sneak over to the UK to relieve them from their Brexit shortage? :mrgreen:

Including driving the policitally correct way on the left ....
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, we could get 12 cm of snow or a boatload of rain, you never know.

But whatever comes along, our fambly is ready for it, except Alex Bob Todd, who's hanging out with the lads in Chapel Hill for the weekend, and if he has an adventure, it will be a learning experience.

Here, we are ready. I learned from prior experience.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:14 am Yeah, we could get 12 cm of snow or a boatload of rain, you never know.

But whatever comes along, our fambly is ready for it, except Alex Bob Todd, who's hanging out with the lads in Chapel Hill for the weekend, and if he has an adventure, it will be a learning experience.

Here, we are ready. I learned from prior experience.
Learning experience: the wise camper has always a shovel in his backpack....
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, my driveway is 110 meters long, shovel is not an option. We sprinkle salt if needed, but it's rarely needed.

The Sun has now risen, and we got SEVERAL mm on some surfaces, including some tiny amount on the road BUT it's going up to 9° C and raining all afternoon, which is nice because I have a prescription to fill.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:35 am Yeah, my driveway is 110 meters long, shovel is not an option. We sprinkle salt if needed, but it's rarely needed.

The Sun has now risen, and we got SEVERAL mm on some surfaces, including some tiny amount on the road BUT it's going up to 9° C and raining all afternoon, which is nice because I have a prescription to fill.
Meters? mm's? Celsius? What country are you from? :?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I'm getting ready to go into outer space for a few thousand years, thought I'd better brush up on my metrics. :biggrin:

Yeah, temperatures in Centipede, too also. (Let's ask Sam.)
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Just in a holding pattern right now. Since I did major shopping trip earlier in the week last week I didn’t have to make a trip out for anything. It’s a weird literal calm before the storm here right now. I’m trying to plan for possible power outage. The house is very well insulated so we can keep it or a large part of it warm if we lose power for several days. I have a gas cooktop so I can cook and heat water.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Now is the time for all good men...

... I mean all preppers to break open the tinned supplies and create those fancy menus from scratch powder :twisted:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

All the southwest Floridians here an no one mentioning we're being peppered with tornadoes this morning?

One went right over my head--thankfully did not touch down.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

That would mess up your beautiful blonde hair! :eek:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Current impact of snow on the highways -
Snow Impact.jpg