Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Weather Alerts

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Weather Alerts

Post by Luke »

Suzie, thankfully the evacuation doesn't have to be out of Florida, just further inland to be safe (mostly) from the storm surge. It's on the coast that have the evacuation zones. Because Ian will be so high, they evacuated Zone A and B. On our side of Florida, we're on the edge of Zone A. So for us, even going 10-15 miles inland would be enough. Some newbies to FL make the mistake of thinking they have to drive to Georgia or something. However, it's important to know where to go... as Slim said, worst case is to evacuate to somewhere that isn't safer. Ian is tricky because the storm is so big and is crossing the state. So Orlando is a bad choice. As Slim also said, highways heading toward east/south Florida are busy and there's a lot of rain (and tornados).

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Here's a live stream from NBC affiliate WFLA-TV (channel 8) in Tampa, Florida. It's been pretty well done and the anchor is answering YouTube viewer questions. Sort of fun, at 10:07pm she's doing some interviews on her cell phone and letting the YouTube audience watch her do the phoners.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:59 pm Suzie, thankfully the evacuation doesn't have to be out of Florida, just further inland to be safe (mostly) from the storm surge. It's on the coast that have the evacuation zones. Because Ian will be so high, they evacuated Zone A and B. On our side of Florida, we're on the edge of Zone A.
Over here in Lee County, the initial evac orders were Zone A (the barrier islands) and Zone B (the coastline). They added Zone C today which is another step inland.

Fun and excitement. It's raining but not too bad yet -- nor windy. It doesn't feel like that bitch Irma. YET
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Thanks Fogbow Floridians. Here up north we see TV images of millions of blocked lanes of traffic on 95. It makes us grateful that we are not in Florida, but worried for our loved ones who are. We have relatives in the Tallahassee area. It looks like they will get torrential rains, but they will be OK.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:bighug: Suzie

Now we can all rest easy, Scott Baio's wife posted this on Twitter so everything's going to be just fine. :cantlook:

Baio.JPG
Baio.JPG (70.63 KiB) Viewed 526 times

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:40 pm Now we can all rest easy, Scott Baio's wife posted this on Twitter so everything's going to be just fine. :cantlook:
THANKS for sharing this intel. I can sleep easy tonight. :lol:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I should end up north and west of the worst of it, on the current path I will gets lots of rain and probably on the edge of hurricane force winds, but should be a Cat 1 at that point.

I'm asking everyone please send your best thoughts, prayers if you are inclined, to p0rtia. Her Florida home is right in the path of where it's expected to make landfall. I hope it's OK that I shared that. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Also sending my best to the rest of my fellow Floridians, especially anyone who is in the path to receive hurricane force wind and lots of rain! :grouphug:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:pray: Keep Floridians safe :pray:

To that end, maybe DeSantis could have a little accident, maybe a piece of the hurricane will pick him up and whirl him to St Peter and let Peter show him the error of his ways.

(Maybe a little death threat. Just a tiny Act of Dog, y’all.)
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Interesting NOAA link in this tweet -

tek

Post by tek »

Lake Humidity (where we currently are NOT) is a mile of the edge of the current tornado warning box. I guess there were several tornadoes down toward Broward overnight. Gonna be a busy day I think.

Stay safe.
d-1.jpg
d-1.jpg (129.73 KiB) Viewed 459 times
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Does this mean Ian will take out MaL?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

from NYT breaking news
Here’s what to know about Hurricane Ian right now.

Heavy rain is falling across parts of Florida as Hurricane Ian advances on the state, where its eye is forecast to make landfall on Wednesday afternoon, possibly as a Category 4 hurricane.
tek

Post by tek »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:56 am Does this mean Ian will take out MaL?
I'd put money on the proprietor of MaL filing damage claims, no matter what.
tek

Post by tek »

4.1 inches of rain yesterday, 1.1 so far today.

I think this is a record rainfall rate for my weather station
d-2.jpg
d-2.jpg (19.64 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Luke

Post by Luke »

936mb and 155mph, we're at Cat 4 but getting to Cat 5 (that's 157mph). A Cat5 landing anywhere is catastrophic.

Key West is still getting knocked around. Ian is a HUGE STORM. Key West is like 75 miles from the center of Ian but still. High tide is around noon.

Key West.JPG
Key West.JPG (56.94 KiB) Viewed 442 times

At 6:30am, it's 80 degrees in Broward with 75% humidity, it's windy but ATM not raining. We got a bunch of bands coming through and the tornadic activity continues. But this is nothing like the west coast is going to get.

John Morales is one of my favorite meteorologists, he's a TV guy. he's a strong Democrat worried about climate change and pissed off Florida is doing nothing about the rising water levels that make Miami flood even when there isn't a storm.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

They have a strange habit to park their planes on the back :twisted:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

SuzieC wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:23 pm How on earth can they evacuate? Looking at a map of Florida, TWO highways out. And airports closed? So scary.
That was it. The evac timeline was so short there was no place to go. You either drive south to head east, and right into it, or you head north and get trapped in it. I still have power, but probably only for another couple of hours.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Luke

Post by Luke »

I wanna get a huge bottle of vodka and hang out with Slim and Neon! :lovestruck: We could watch a reality TV marathon (and you know what it's going to be) ;)

Because of how big Ian is, you can see even across the state here in Broward, we're getting big wind at 10am too also.

Ian Size.JPG
Ian Size.JPG (88.79 KiB) Viewed 412 times

From what Neon was saying, Lee County has shelters open, there are 5 zones as he was saying. The storm track has moved 75 miles since Monday and the track has been more southerly so Lee County is in the hot seat. Send Neon a big hug (and some hunky college boys to stand shoulder to shoulder to defend against the storm).
Lee County is located in Southwest Florida on the Gulf Coast. As of the 2020 census, the population was 760,822. The county seat is Fort Myers (with a 2018 estimated population of 82,254), and the largest city is Cape Coral with an estimated 2020 population of 194,000. Lee County comprises the Cape Coral–Fort Myers, FL Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Lee County Govt Site: https://www.leegov.com/hurricane/storm
About Lee: https://motivasi.my.id/

Lee.JPG
Lee.JPG (103.41 KiB) Viewed 412 times
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Best wishes for safety to all the Fogbow peeps, friends and families! :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

OMG this is going from bad to worse. I came home to grab a fresh shirt, toothbrush, toothpaste and other small items and I guess head back to the rehab place to ride out the storm there. My Tulip will be alone, I will be worried sick about her, but I'm sure she will be fine. Oh man, this is gonna be bad. I will load her dry food bowl up and freshen the wet a little bit.

Guess I better head back out, the bands are already hitting my area, I'm northwest of Orlando FL. Stay safe all the rest of you Floridians!!!
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
EVERYONE STAY SAFE. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

I would very much appreciate it if all our Fogbow Floridians would check in ASAP after the storm passes. This is a community of good people and we are going to act like one, and that means we support each other in bad times.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I'm still alive and have power. It has flickered numerous times this morning so I imagine it is only a matter of time before Ian wants to play in my front yard. Someone told me Ian doesn't play fair.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Uh oh, this emergency alert just popped on my phone. We are doomed.
Screenshot_20220928-104533-084.png
Screenshot_20220928-104533-084.png (27.82 KiB) Viewed 336 times
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Good luck! :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
June bug

Post by June bug »

Stay safe, Floridian Fogbowzers! :grouphug:

Return to “General Stuff”