Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

The nice thing about mowing an acre of lawn with a push mower is when you get done, it's time to start over.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Luke »

Dang, power outage, and couldn't wash your hair, heartbroken. :brokenheart:

Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey is not the best movie, though Pooh and Piglet as feral animals hunting down Christopher Robin is a big change from the Disney treatment.

But you know me, here's another idea :P Do you know which video has the most views on YouTube EVER? No, not Taitz Report (good guess, though). This one is over 12 BILLION VIEWS -- 12,763,023,950 views since Jun 17, 2016. Have you seen it? This is a great song to mow the lawn to, or just to sing to Wifehorn.

Love you! Enjoy!

Here's a 2 HOUR loop of it for the whole family --

Scientific reasons why it's so popular: https://kidsactivitiesblog.com/128291/w ... ide%20down.
According to data from BonusInsider, the original "Baby Shark Dance" video currently earns its creators around $283,000 each month from the roughly 150 million views it receives – making $9,400 daily!
Here's some background about it, and the economics: https://www.forbes.com/sites/petersuciu ... nd%20radio.

I'd love to see Baby Rooster! doo doo doo doo doo doo 🎶
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Volkonski
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Volkonski »

Baby Shark?????????!!!!!??

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Phoenix520
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Phoenix520 »

Baby Shark saved a life and was responsible for a break up in my social circle.

We were sitting around the campfire one night at the beach and Peter brought out some small painting he’d been working on. Peter wasn’t very good but he was fragile so we didn’t say anything.
Someone said oh this looks like a baby shark and Lynn said ‘do doodoo do do’ and Peter, who was fragile, was so sure that she meant his art was doo do that he broke up with her right there and went home.

Lynn’s life was saved by that baby shark.

I like the new fishy song. These young ladies, both graduates of Berklee College of Music and life partners for 5 years, wrote this and it’s gone viral. Enjoy foggy!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Brava!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by AndyinPA »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Having been cleared by the cardiologist (who then decided to be my gastroenterologist, which I declined), I am finally on my way to visit my new actual gastroenterologist. I'm drinking all the covfefe, in case s/he tells me to stop. :oopsy:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Endoscopy: June 15th,
Shoulder replacement surgery: June 22nd,
Colonoscopy: TBD, sometime in August.

My life is so exciting. :bored:

She didn't make me stop covfefe! :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You can write a book!!
R (11)_kindlephoto-7444817.jpg
R (11)_kindlephoto-7444817.jpg (128.68 KiB) Viewed 691 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

My gastroenterologist didn't try to be my cardiologist, so that's nice. :batting:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

At one point, she started massaging my stomach area.
"Wow, you're so skinny I can feel your organs."

"Cool, can you label them with a magic marker or sumpin'?"

"Hahaha. Well, listen here, don't lose any more weight. You're all done losing weight, do you understand me?"

"Ma'am, I've been maintaining this weight for a year. I got this."

"Well, men can lose weight more easily than women, so you can just shut up now."
:shock:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Luke »

"Foggy Shark doo doo doo doo doo doo"... :P If the 2-hour video wasn't enough, there's one that's 3 hours with tons of variations (robot, drop beat, NYC, etc). If you'd like to see that this weekend, just ask ❤️ Loved the fish song too also!

In your honor and the big ol' June you have coming up, one of my favorite Rodgers and Hammerstein dance numbers, "June is Bustin' Out All Over". It doesn't age too well but the dance breaks remind me of your musical asskicking 🎶

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gupwalla

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Gupwalla »

Foggy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:46 am Endoscopy: June 15th,

An end-oscopy and an other-end-oscopy?

Glad you get to keep the joe.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Y'know, colonoscopy sounds bad, and the prep for it is no fun on the scale of No Fun At All, but on the actual day, they put you to sleep and you wake up later and go home. There's no pain involved, or there wasn't in 2014, the first time I did it. The doc said everything looked good and do it again in 10 years, which is darn close.

And I had an endoscopy, where again they put me to sleep and I woke up fine. They didn't find anything there, either, but it was not a painful procedure by any means. Apparently it took a while to get me awake again and I was babbling some nonsense, but I don't remember any of that, so it never happened. :mrgreen:

But these things are way better than, for example, falling off a bicycle. That can really hurt!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Foggy wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:34 pm in hospital
The last meal I ate before I was taken to the ER was dinner the night before, and we got takeout pizza from the new local place we like, but we had only eaten there once previously.

By 3 a.m. the next morning I was suffering all kinds of stomach issues, and by 5 a.m. I was in very bad condition, and by 5 in the afternoon I was in the ER.

But I don't blame the local restaurant, I was having stomach issues regardless what I ate that night. When you fall off a horse, you gotta get back up. We went back to the local joint tonight, I got chicken alfredo on angel hair and ate half of it, and it was excellent.
:boxing:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Today, right after fizzikal therapy, I get to see the amazing man who gave me this new shoulder. He is not internationally famous, for some reason :? but he does an awesome thing. I love the 21st century so much. :daydreaming:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

Man oh man. Between your Borg implant and your Covid boosters your Internet must be screamin fast now. :mrgreen:
Patagoniagirl

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Gupwalla wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:53 pm
Foggy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:46 am Endoscopy: June 15th,

An end-oscopy and an other-end-oscopy?

Glad you get to keep the joe.
I had the pleasure of an endoscopy and colonoscopy during the same hospitalization. As I was wheeled into the procedure room, I mentioned that -if they were using the same apparatus, to please do the Endo first. Some folk have no sense of humor.

Do youse know the difference between a rectal and oral thermometer is? The taste.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:20 pm
Foggy wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:34 pm in hospital
The last meal I ate before I was taken to the ER was dinner the night before, and we got takeout pizza from the new local place we like, but we had only eaten there once previously.

By 3 a.m. the next morning I was suffering all kinds of stomach issues, and by 5 a.m. I was in very bad condition, and by 5 in the afternoon I was in the ER.

But I don't blame the local restaurant, I was having stomach issues regardless what I ate that night. When you fall off a horse, you gotta get back up. We went back to the local joint tonight, I got chicken alfredo on angel hair and ate half of it, and it was excellent.
:boxing:
Missed this back when you posted it. One of the (many, many) symptoms of the alpha gal allergy is gastronomic distress. You eat meat (or cheese or milk or whatever), and a couple of hours later you’re doubled over in severe pain and maybe vomiting. Not everyone with alpha gal gets that, and some people *only* get that, and don’t get hives or anaphylaxis, or whatever. I usually get hives/anaphylaxis, but one time I got severe stomach upset as well (it was when I was on the cruise ship and it was *miserable*).

I’m not saying *you* have that - I just like to take every opportunity to issue a PSA for alpha gal allergy awareness because that shit can FUCKING KILL YOU if you have it and don’t know.

So if you’re like, ya know, I used to love a juicy hamburger but now whenever I eat meat I get these awful stomach cramps, do yourself a favor and go see an allergist. By now they’ll all know what you’re talking about.

Why would I do that when I can just avoid eating meat, you ask? Because mammalian products are in *everything*. Marshmallows. Gel tabs. Some IV drugs. Trust me, this is something you definitely want to know you have, and do not want to find out the hard way. Plus, you’ll need to carry an epi-pen.

And I’m glad I had mine on Tuesday when I ate at a restaurant and ate a piece of chicken that was slathered in butter (I couldn’t really taste it, but it must have been because that’s all I ate). Hives, tongue swelling, epi and benadryl, and a couple hours in the ER. And I have *experience* with this allergy and know how to avoid it and it *still* got me.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:18 am I had the pleasure of an endoscopy and colonoscopy during the same hospitalization. As I was wheeled into the procedure room, I mentioned that -if they were using the same apparatus, to please do the Endo first. Some folk have no sense of humor.

Do youse know the difference between a rectal and oral thermometer is? The taste.
:lol:

So I saw two doctors today, one is in training, and they were both stunned at my range of motion in my surgically repaired arm. My actual surgeon said, "Oh man, now I have to do a really good job on the other one."

Yes, doctor. Yes, you do. :lol:

The trainee doc asked about strength - and did a little testing - but I told him, my therapist has really only been working on range of motion (with outstanding results) and we're going to work on strength training next, and he agreed that's a plan.

So, umm ... moving forward. :oldman:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:26 am ... if you’re like, ya know, I used to love a juicy hamburger but now whenever I eat meat I get these awful stomach cramps, do yourself a favor and go see an allergist.
I'm about 99.9% sure I don't have alpha gal, and I don't associate hamburger with stomach cramps, but I don't eat a lot of hamburger on a regular basis, so maybe it happens and I just haven't associated the two.

On the bright side, this is easy to test on myself. I detest McDonald's and eat there as rarely as possible, which is tough sometimes in a fambly of McDonald's lovers, but if my fambly is in the car and they decide to visit the golden archies, I will purchase a "double cheeseburger, plain". All the franchises know that means: Nothing but bread, meat, and cheese. Hard to ruin. And contains hamburger. I can eat two of them (or I used to be able to) and then we'll see if I get any stomach cramps.

Once more unto the breach!
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Maybenaut »

OMG! Please don’t test this on yourself! :shock:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:48 am
Maybenaut wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:26 am ... if you’re like, ya know, I used to love a juicy hamburger but now whenever I eat meat I get these awful stomach cramps, do yourself a favor and go see an allergist.
but if my fambly is in the car and they decide to visit the golden archies, I will purchase a "double cheeseburger, plain". All the franchises know that means: Nothing but bread, meat, and cheese. Hard to ruin. And contains hamburger. I can eat two of them (or I used to be able to) and then we'll see if I get any stomach cramps.
Cheese on non-kosher beef. You are a very bad Jew. That is a double whammy not in your favor.. :lovestruck:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:01 pm OMG! Please don’t test this on yourself! :shock:
Umm ... :oopsy: :blackeyebig:

Well, I don't have alpha gal, but I need to lose a pound or two now.

And yes, I am a terrible Jew. :batting:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”