Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by RTH10260 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:45 pm Person, camera, uhm…, television, uhm….I need a nap.
Is that how you fight against the effects of anesthesia :lol:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Frater: No! :biggrin:
RTH: At that time I couldn't fight anything much less anesthesia! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by keith »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:12 am
On her https://drtaitz.com/ site, she trumpets:

Dr. Orly Taitz is one of the top 10 dentists in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA according to RateMDs.com
https://www.ratemds.com/best-doctors/ca ... a/dentist/
Yeahbut, there are probably only 8 dentists in town. (no I ain't gonna look it up).
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I have no need for a dentist at the moment, especially not one that is 2,820 miles away. The goog says I could bicycle there in 9 days 19 hours, but I have other commitments upcoming. Orly Taitz saw herself in the mirror once, and it gave her a terrible fright.

MEANWHILE, back at the old chicken ranch for elderly roostery fellers, a stroke of luck done bopped me right in the headbone yesterday, inasmuch as my doctor - one of my many doctors, this one was in charge of getting elderly people ready for surgery - confided to me that it would be a very good idea if I could go out and get some aerobic exercise between now and the surgery.

Oh, yeah. Aerobic exercise. Like, y'know, MUSICAL ASSKICKING at 9:30 a.m. today, yay. With April, the fiery redheaded instructor who is a serious hottie, and who teaches a seriously hellacious workout. I still can't throw a punch, but I am feeling excellently danceable on this glorious March morn.

The day is coming (a week from today) when I can't go to Musical Asskicking and dance for an hour on a Tuesday morning with a lot of hardworking and beautiful ladies who are all buddies of mine, and that will make woodworker very sad. :(

But that day is not today. Today I need to dance. :dance:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
humblescribe
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by humblescribe »

Lemme give you just a little push, Foogy:

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I love surf music, but those boys couldn't dance. Sad!

I had my CT scan this morning so they can select (or manufacture) the right parts for replacing them other parts in the surgery next week.

I don't know which. :shrug:

So I reckon I'm gonna have to go through with this thing. :(

I am primarily worried about sleeping the first few nights. I'm going to try to use the reclining chair, but both of them have levers on the right only, and my right arm will be unusable for a while. So maybe I won't be in the reclining chair after all. But the bed won't work either. Maybe I have to sleep in the car.

Maybe buy an ounce of meth and just stay awake for a few days. :fingerwag: :nope:

I did solve the problem of increasing my protein intake from 60 to 100 grams a day, by eating high-protein yogurt cups, 20 grams each. Three of those and a 20 gram vanilla protein shake and I've already had 80 grams before I eat anything else. I eat enough chicken, fish, and other stuff, so that last 20 grams is not a problem.
humblescribe
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by humblescribe »

How about sleeping in an oversized chair with your legs resting on another piece of furniture, sort of in an L position? Maybe position a MyPillow (sorry! :lol: ) or two for your shoulder or the elbow to keep it immobilized?

(Remember my degree is in accounting, so I really am just spitballin' here.)

After I had my retina reattached, I had to keep my head down for two weeks, so I could not sleep on my back. Either I slept on my stomach (not happening) or on my side. So wife and self constructed a pillow fort to keep me on my side while I slept. Wasn't the greatest time, but I healed without further complications.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Phoenix520
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Phoenix520 »

Of course, Amazon sells something for that, Fogs.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=shoulder+sur ... doa-p_1_24
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Thanks, Phoenix520. I am going to try one of those.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by neonzx »

humblescribe wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:51 pm Lemme give you just a little push, Foogy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23pKKGIIPbA
The "beach boys" didn't even have it in their youth. The first time I saw them live it was boring and they were already washed-up on the sea shore. Sad. Sorry.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Beach Boys, schmeach boys, I always say. :?

Let's try a little sidewalk surfin'!

:boxing:

We went to two different restaurants last night that had long lines outside. Pass. We're senior citizens now, let the kids stand in line.

So we tried a new local pizza place and it was good. With live music and excellent quality pizza. It was better than the pizza at one of the places we tried unsuccessfully to go to.

:oldman:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, mañana is the day I get a new right shoulder. I am setting up the area surrounding the reclining chair in Numbah One Son's room as an auxiliary bridge and center of operations for when I return - the power hub with all the charging cables, my medications, phone, tablet, Kindle, lens cleaner, stuff like that.

Typing is probably going to be difficult. I will probably virtually be unable to participate on Fogbow. I'm not good with my left hand. We'll see.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by AndyinPA »

Best of luck tomorrow! :thumbsup: :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

If Trump gets perp walked tomorrow you won't need anesthesia, you'll be laughing so hard. Break a leg! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

Is your left hand free?

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:06 am Yeah, mañana is the day I get a new right shoulder. I am setting up the area surrounding the reclining chair in Numbah One Son's room as an auxiliary bridge and center of operations for when I return - the power hub with all the charging cables, my medications, phone, tablet, Kindle, lens cleaner, stuff like that.

Typing is probably going to be difficult. I will probably virtually be unable to participate on Fogbow. I'm not good with my left hand. We'll see.
Have you ever tried to speak to your computer and let it type whatit thinks you did think?
Mighty Dawg
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Mighty Dawg »

Good luck Foggy! Hoping your surgery is uneventful and your recovery occurs at light speed!
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:06 am Yeah, mañana is the day I get a new right shoulder. I am setting up the area surrounding the reclining chair in Numbah One Son's room as an auxiliary bridge and center of operations for when I return - the power hub with all the charging cables, my medications, phone, tablet, Kindle, lens cleaner, stuff like that.

Good luck, boss.

I have an elder relative who broke his right collar bone in a fall at home six months ago. Unlike you, he refused to follow the directions of his doctors so it's still not fixed. Now they've been wanting to schedule surgery, but he will not return their calls. (because Biden cut VA funding -- did you know that? I didn't either). He would not stop smoking cigarettes and he kept removing the brace from his arm. "they told me to use it" oh what BS. :roll: Like everything, its all Biden's fault.

Hang in there. You will be fine-- even if you only can type with your left hand for awhile.
jemcanada2

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by jemcanada2 »

Good luck tomorrow, Foggy! I hope your recovery goes well and quickly. We need our supreme dick tater around here to keep us in line. :batting: :batting:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Volkonski
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Volkonski »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:58 am Best of luck tomorrow! :thumbsup: :bighug:
:yeahthat: :thumbsup: :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Annrc
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Annrc »

Good luck! :thumbsup:
Uninformed

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Uninformed »

Best wishes, Foggy.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Luke »

This really calls for some words of wisdom from the titular star of The Fogbow's Favourite Show™, Mama June, because this is exactly how it's going to be for you, Foggy... "When I Come Out, I'll Look Beautiful" :P

June Beautiful.gif
June Beautiful.gif (403.38 KiB) Viewed 271 times

We will all be thinking of your memorable quotes:

Choices on your airplane in-flight entertainment system (if you get the right meds):

Commando Cody: Sky Marshal of the Universe (1953) Marathon TV Series chapters 1-12

OR: HOARDER Mega Marathon

OR: Hattie McDaniel in The Beulah Show

OR: If the meds are really, really good:

Little Bear Full Episodes! 5 HOUR Marathon

(Requires a pill right before viewing) Santa Claus (1959) | Full Movie | Mexican | Christmas Story | José Elías Moreno

And a timeless classic:

The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978)

That should cover the first few days :P Do not worry, more videos to come!

You are loved and sending positive and healing energy! xx
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

:shock:

... I don't know what to say. You know I love you, Orlylicious. ❤️

And thank you to all of you for your tots and pears, it means a lot to me. :lovestruck: :bighug:

Anyway, we report to the hospital at 10 a.m. and surgery starts at high noon.

It's gonna be OK. I am in better shape than 90% of the guys who go through this at my age. I have followed all instructions rigorously, even the silly ones.

I am tanned, rested, and ready, except I have no tan, it's March in Growly.

Growly: My Goog Pickle phone intercepts calls from numbers it doesn't recognize. It asks the caller why they're calling, or identify yourself, and it says that their answer will be transcribed.

So I look at the transcript:

Mah Pickle: "(Please identify yourself blah blah blah)":

Duke Raleigh Hospital: "Too Growly Hospital"

I think maybe the transcription is a little off ... but that's close! :lol:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”