Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:50 am
bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:46 am They were dancing to the new Wendy's commercial. I'm sure of it.
And Foggy was there!
Fact not in evidence! Those were not roosters.
MN-Skeptic

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by MN-Skeptic »

bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:54 am
bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:46 am They were dancing to the new Wendy's commercial. I'm sure of it.
And Foggy was there!
Roosters in drag? That'll trigger the RWNJs.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm
bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:54 am

And Foggy was there!
Roosters in drag? That'll trigger the RWNJs.
Thanks, MN! I didn’t know how to respond to the facts not in evidence when I revisited the reel! “Roosters in drag!” That’s the ticket!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by RTH10260 »

tsk tsk tsk - the real rooster was preoccupied just off-screen :roll:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

"Hay, a week from today is our 30th anniversary. It says here I'm supposed to get you a pearl sumpin'. Howzabout a nice pearl necklace?"

Her: "I have a pearl necklace. I never wear it. I don't want another pearl necklace that I would never wear."

:confuzzled:

Edit: Actually, we're going to Hilton Head for four days to celebrate, but not until a few days after the actual date. I just think it's funny, I'm married to a lady who has no interest in wearing a pearl necklace. :confuzzled:
Edit: My shoulder dislocated again last night for a few hours. I didn't bother telling her - there's nothing she can do to help. I just have to work it until it pops back in. :blackeye:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

How about pearl earrings to match the pearl necklace? You could also go to Tahiti to buy South Pacific pearls from their source. (Hubby and I did that tho he didn’t know I stashed some cash to buy Tahitian pearls! It was forethought- I wore the necklace at First Born Son’s wedding.)
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

Whaaa...? No pearl necklace? How do you guys cook your meals and clean your house without them?
June-Cleaver.jpg
June-Cleaver.jpg (186.85 KiB) Viewed 557 times
June bug

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by June bug »

Find a photograph of the two of you that you both love and put it in a pearl frame. ❤️
MN-Skeptic

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by MN-Skeptic »

My sweetie always loved peas with pearl onions. Maybe you could make her that.

Or not.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

What with all my surgeries and other hospitalizations last year, it turned out to be the first year since 1976 that I didn't get to swim in the ocean even once (that summer of '76 I spent at Cornell University, and did a lot of swimming in abandoned rock quarries, but not any ocean swimming).

This summer we're going to try to make up for that, and it starts with commemorating our 30th wedding anniversary (it's over, you missed it) in a rented beachfront condo in Hilton Head, South Carolina. We're meeting ol' Wifehorn's friend since they were 3 years old, and her husband, who ol' Wifehorn has also known since dinosaurs roamed the Earth, and I'm meeting them for the first time ever. So naturally, as you know, it's all about me. :towel:

Leaving sometime in the morning, it's a 5 hour drive but we can't get into the condo until after 4 p.m.

I'm taking the boogie board and just hoping the water is warm enough to be able to use it. :daydreaming:
Edit: That's a whole new ocean to me, since I found out about all the magnesium. :shock: I'll just swim around it.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

So we're going to the actual beach for sun, sand, and surf, but we're not joining ol' Wifehorn's friends until dinnertime, because neither of the ladies want to be seen by the other one wearing a bathing suit. Such is the silliness of the North American Earthlings in their native environment. Y'all may recall, I spent the summer of 1973 living in a tent with my two dogs at the Free (i.e., nude) Beach on the Russian River and swimming in the river naked all summer, so I am not terribly reluctant to let people see my body. That doesn't mean I do anything weird; I have zero criminal convictions for indecent exposure. :batting:

But I don't care who sees me in a bathing suit, that's for sure. I'm a skinny old fart with a lot of wrinkles who likes to swim and lay out in the Sun. Deal with it.
:boxing:
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Foggy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:24 am :snippity:
But I don't care who sees me in a bathing suit, that's for sure. I'm a skinny old fart with a lot of wrinkles who likes to swim and lay out in the Sun. Deal with it.
:boxing:
My skinny bird legs agree AND the pool guy is coming to open the pool today! It’ll be very green & gross but it cleans up nicely. It’s a saltwater pool, no chlorine to dry up your skin and turn your hair to straw. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

I remember that pool, my boys swam in it. 8-)
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Foggy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:42 am I remember that pool, my boys swam in it. 8-)
They did, though that was before it got changed to saltwater.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

The water is too damn cold, with surf 8 inches high. No swimming, no boogie boarding, and so today we shall visit Lincoln's 1864 Christmas present from General Sherman.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:58 am The water is too damn cold, with surf 8 inches high. No swimming, no boogie boarding, and so today we shall visit Lincoln's 1864 Christmas present from General Sherman.
The ocean temp around your location is around 65-67 Fahrenheit. Um... oh boo-hoo. The closest large body to me (Lake Michigan) is 47. The air temp is 51 but I'm told it will go up this weekend, and then down.

You have to wait until July to get the lake up to something close to your 65.
101010 :towel:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Luke »

Is Walt Fitzpatrick around? He hasn't posted on Jaghunters for 40 days so maybe he's hitchhiked or taken the bus. Have you been to Denny's yet? Happy Anniversary!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bill_g

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

northland10 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:44 pm
Foggy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:58 am The water is too damn cold, with surf 8 inches high. No swimming, no boogie boarding, and so today we shall visit Lincoln's 1864 Christmas present from General Sherman.
The ocean temp around your location is around 65-67 Fahrenheit. Um... oh boo-hoo. The closest large body to me (Lake Michigan) is 47. The air temp is 51 but I'm told it will go up this weekend, and then down.

You have to wait until July to get the lake up to something close to your 65.
When we visited the U.P. we watched the park service heat Lk Superior daily by lighting a book of matches and tossing it in. Worked like a charm.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by RTH10260 »

Keep well away from the Cuyahoga River ;)
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 am Keep well away from the Cuyahoga River ;)
They should try a place to vacation that is not SC for a change.

(and the Cuyahoga river does not catch fire anymore --that was in the 70s)
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Savannah was founded in 1733 by James Oglethorpe and 120 of his homies. We saw all 22 squares yesterday. Ol' Wifehorn always wanted to tour the city. There's a ton of history in those almost 300 years. We went in a gorgeous Catholic basilica. Not quite as big as Duke Chapel, but still very impressive. Today we go back to the beach, and then dinner with ol' Wifehorn's friends. They're all familiar with water too cold to swim in, having all grown up on the shores of Lake Erie. Brrr.

My very light sunburn is already turning into a base tan. I'm ready for more sun molecules today. :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

northland10 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:44 pm The ocean temp around your location is around 65-67 Fahrenheit. Um... oh boo-hoo. The closest large body to me (Lake Michigan) is 47. The air temp is 51 but I'm told it will go up this weekend, and then down.
No, I done told you already - I'm a tropical plant. I need heat, and light. If I spent 10 minutes in 47° water, I would literally die. I prefer my ocean to be a bathtub, don'cha know. Not hot enough to boil the fishies, mind you. I prefer my fish grilled. :mrgreen:

When I go swimming, I like to spend an hour in the water. That's how you do it.

It's not my fault you live in a frigid hellhole. :towel:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Maybenaut »

Enjoy Savannah! We love it there :lovestruck:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
pipistrelle

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 am Enjoy Savannah! We love it there :lovestruck:
I am enjoying it, even though it's not quite warm enough for me.

Last year - not knowing that I would never make it to the beach all summer - I bought a Shibumi umbrella mini (fits two people). Ol' Wifehorn and Numbah One Son took it to the beach without me, and they never did figure out how to put it up properly. I got it right, and now ol' Wifehorn is sold on it. SO much better than the beach umbrellas we've been using. Does require a bit of adjustment as the wind shifts.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”