Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

:lovestruck: So I got an earworm from some music I've been hearing in my workouts, and I finally was forced to do some research and find out about the song. I tracked it down, and it's called Beggin'. This is the version I've been hearing (and dancing to in my Musical Asskicking and Cardio-kickboxing classes, by Madcon.

OK, that's cool, but there's another one, by Måneskin (Italian band, it means 'moonlight' in Danish):

I like that one, too also. But then, I think I mentioned research, it turns out that song was first recorded in 1967 (I was 14) by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons (no, not that Four Seasons :fingerwag: ).

And ... the original, as usual, is the best version. Dig it:

Edit: ... and here's a nice remix:

Out from under. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Okay, I had a very bizzy day yesterday and I am so far behind the news. Gimme a few hours and I'm working on it. Jeez, Orlylicious starts a thread yesterday and there are already FIVE PAGES OF POSTS? That's okay, you can't break anything. :lol:

Yikes, I have to catch up! :shock:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

The Maneskin version is all over the radio out here. I'm enjoying it, and amazed the youngsters aren't aware it's a cover.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

By the way, if'n you remember, my BFF Walter Francis Fitzpatrick III wrote a rather lengthy creative and imaginary story about me and sent it to the Sheriff of my county, in the hope that I would be arrested, executed, waterboarded, tried for treason, tickled on the bottom of my feet, etc., in that order.

It didn't work none, the Sheriff is a black Democrat who - oddly enough - is not a despicable racist birther moron like Walter. Sad.

But wait! Apparently, Sheriff Baker may allegedly have been a bad boy, and four of his employees are suing him in federal court, and (possibly) as a result, he lost the primary this year to a good friend of mine, Willie Rowe, who is expected to beat former four-time sheriff Donnie Harrison in the general election in November.

And Walter, I know you're reading this, you pathetic pile of puppy poop, but you get a new sheriff and a new chance to write one of your deranged and disjointed screeds and maybe this time it will work!

Make sure to call it the Madisonville Hoax, whoever wins in November is sure to know all the details. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You should write a book, Foggy. Name it Rooster Tales. Include all the stories similar to the Madisonville Hoax.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, that's the ticket. :boxing:

'Course, the Madisonville Hoax was a major operation during the early Obama administration, and it involved the FBI, the CIA, the Department of Justice, and all the intelligence agencies that fester in this great land of ours. It was months of planning, I thought realist and I would never be able to sleep again. Whew!

So we had this gigantic government hoedown, led by me and my BFF Bob Mueller, and it worked so well, we managed to arrest ... one guy, days later, when he came back to Tennessee. One guy, who bragged to the FBI that he brought some guns from Georgia to "take over the courthouse" in Madisonville, but he never did anything because there were too many cops.

He got convicted of something like carrying a weapon across state lines with the intent to create a civil disturbance. Which, yes, is a thought crime - the jury votes guilty based on your intent - what you were thinking at the time. :mrgreen:

It's usually difficult to read someone's mind, but seeing as how he TOLD THEM what he was planning, the thought crime was an easy move.

And that - according to Walter - is my claim to fame. Worked with Bobby M., one guy went to prison, I had nothing to do with that part, but he thinks the Madisonville Hoax is a thing (Narrator: nobody gives a shit).

If'n I write a book,I might leave that part out.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I have class at 9 no time to chat. However, I did want to report that, after the dinner last night, there was a motivational speaker, but he wasn't trying to motivate me to do book club or or restore the old database, and he was kind of boring, so I left the dinner early.

And it developed that, some time after I left ol' Wifehorn with the insurance weenies, one of them decided to hit on her.

:shock:

So obviously I have to kill him, and it's been nice knowing you guys and we'll give a further report when I have time bye. :wave:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:43 am I have class at 9 no time to chat. However, I did want to report that, after the dinner last night, there was a motivational speaker, but he wasn't trying to motivate me to do book club or or restore the old database, and he was kind of boring, so I left the dinner early.

And it developed that, some time after I left ol' Wifehorn with the insurance weenies, one of them decided to hit on her.

So obviously I have to kill him, and it's been nice knowing you guys and we'll give a further report when I have time bye. :wave:
I call bullcrap. She can do her own killing.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:43 am I have class at 9 no time to chat. However, I did want to report that, after the dinner last night, there was a motivational speaker, but he wasn't trying to motivate me to do book club or or restore the old database, and he was kind of boring, so I left the dinner early.

I have been told that Lake Mead has some old barrels lying around ;)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Priorities!

First set up old database, then kill scuz hornball insurance dude.
101010 :towel:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

What are Wifehorn's views about "the hit"? Was she flattered? Laughing?

I agree with pipi. Wifehorn can do her own damn killing if'n that's what SHE wants! :stamp:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Foggy would want to off him as a matter of his own honor, not Wifehorn's. I've not met her, but I would assume she would object to his plan.

I doubt she would off the dude herself because she would lose the enjoyment of the slow, methodical, and painful torture she could inflict. Lest we not forget the story of the sad birther who tried a harassing call to the flower shop and she answered. Mr. Flirty Pants may be in serious trouble.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

OK, just to be serious for ONE MINNIT:

1) I am obliged by my Western upbringing to murder him. Didn't I suggest an ambush at Malheur due to watching Westerns on the Tee Vee the first quarter of my life? I really was raised to be a Westerner, with the Western ethic. I hesitate (briefly) to wear a black hat in public.

2) Other than that, I was both amused and flattered. She IS still an attractive woman.

3) I was so set on murdering the dude, I didn't even bother to have her point out to me who he was yesterday. Like I tell my cats, "I was only gonna kill you for a minnit." :blackeye:

HOWSOEVER, we thought we were going out to the fancy-schmancy restaurant for dinner with the insurance weenies last night, but that didn't happen, so we came home instead, too late for the Meetup but we drove home, and ol' Wifehorn reported to me in the car that the guy was avoiding her like the plague all day, and she thinks he was terrified of me, because I was everywhere going to classes and lunch and whatnot. And in fairness to the dude, I did disappear early on Monday night because of the crappy "motivational speaker," but ol' Wifehorn stuck it out all the way through so she could hang with the insurance guys. So she was alone Monday night, with no visible husband.

The other thing she mentioned in the car -- ol' Wifehorn is a consummate professional in everything she does -- was that I was totally right and the speaker was a big old mess. His talk was about the "3 second sales pitch" but the talk wasn't about that, and he never said what the 3 second thing was all about, and he was rambling and disjointed like some of the nutcases we follow here. She was polite about it, but she said if she had to grade him as a professional speaker she'd give him a "D". Not good.

Bottom line, my wife still has it, and the dude that tried hitting on her spent the entire next day fearful of his personal safety.

I love happy endings! :thumbsup: :bighug:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:42 pm OK, just to be serious for ONE MINNIT:

2) Other than that, I was both amused and flattered. She IS still an attractive woman. Did I mention ACKACKACKACK!!!!!
Did you commit a mortal sin there?
 ! Message from: Foggy
Ack, I did. Mortal sin erased, purge your memory.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Anyone got a memory or a screen shot?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:43 pm Anyone got a memory or a screen shot?
Sorry can't help you. I would get banned or something. :?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:47 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:43 pm Anyone got a memory or a screen shot?
Private message. Just saying.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:50 pm
neonzx wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:47 pm
Private message. Just saying.
Not worth the risk. He can access all of those also too.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

T'was nothing.

MEANWHILE, the KittyBear has solemnly assured me that:

WHEREAS Wm. III has lived in this house every single day of her kitty life, and thus belongs here (duh), and,

WHEREAS, he is not sick, and he isn't dead, and in fact ol' Wifehorn and I left town day before yesterday, but Wm. III was here all week, solid as a rock, and

WHEREAS, he is her favorite Earthling,

THEREFORE, it is patently preposterous to imagine, in any way, shape, or form, that he is simply going to be GONE :shock: at 10:15 mañana. Utterly ridiculous. Never happen.

And even tomorrow night, she'll think, "OK, he left for a night or two." It won't sink in for a while. :whistle:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
neonzx wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:57 pmNot worth the risk. He can access all of those also too.
NO, I CAN'T READ PRIVATE MESSAGES.
I accidentally revealed ol' Wifehorn's age, and neonzx woke me up.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Private messages are encrypted, get someone to install phpBB somewhere and check. In the early days of Politijab, there was a chat room and the owners could read the chat logs even when people thought they were having a private conversation. Today we don't have a chat room, and I can't read private messages. So you can say whatever you want.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:09 pm Private messages are encrypted, get someone to install phpBB somewhere and check. In the early days of Politijab, there was a chat room and the owners could read the chat logs even when people thought they were having a private conversation. Today we don't have a chat room, and I can't read private messages. So you can say whatever you want.
:rotflmao:

Yeah, ah yeah it's not that secure. It takes effort and you are not a MySQL guru... but it does not matter because you are not spying on your members.

What you forgot to say on the age thing is that Ol' Wifehorn robed the cradle 8-) .
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:05 pm
neonzx wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:57 pmNot worth the risk. He can access all of those also too.
I accidentally revealed ol' Wifehorn's age, and neonzx woke me up.
Oh, so something like "she looks good for a matron of XY(Z) years" then. Not as salacious as I'd hoped. :biggrin:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I said "did I mention she's [a period of time related to my birthdate]?" :oopsy: :bag:

Because she is still attractive for a lady of [XY age], so it really is flattering that a guy tried to get her to leave the hotel and go for a drink somewhere.

In any case, a small event, moving on to today's schedule:

1) Covfefe and breakfast
2) Shave and shower
3) Lose first-born son, who is moving out of the nest

Ol' Wifehorn - :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

So if'n you've been following in the other thread, we rented a 12' :mrgreen: truck today and Alex Bob Todd Whoever had a buddy show up to do the loading and packing. I gave 'em a couple hints and got out of the way, they're bright boys.

'Course, it took them twice as long as it should, working big pieces around corners and strategizing what to load in which order, but like I said, they're bright boys and they'd have been pissed if I stood there directing, even if it cut the time in half. They wanted to figure it out, and they did exactly that.

Which, of course, led directly to an: Object lesson, earning, once again, the undying respect of dads everywhere who believe that adversity builds character:

"Have you ever seen some beefy gorillas loading a truck, guys who look like they dropped out in middle school and didn't have the brains to work at McD's?"

"Yeah, sure."

"They had to figure out everything you figured out today, so maybe they're not dumb, they just didn't have your advantages."

:think:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”