Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Foggy: Today I got to see a photo of my fitness instructor's butt.

Ol' Wifehorn: Yeah, and ...? :think:

Foggy: Well, it's kind of like a lot of other ladies' butts, except hers has a massive bruise on it.

Ol' Wifehorn: Oh noes! :(

Foggy: Yeah, she slipped on the stairs and slid down 7 steps on her butt, and her doctor said she had a hematoma. I didn't study the photo, but she was limping around. First time I was in better shape than my fitness instructor!
(She brought an assistant to do the kicking, while she did the punches :boxing:)
Out from under. :thumbsup:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:12 pm Foggy: Today I got to see a photo of my fitness instructor's butt.

Ol' Wifehorn: Yeah, and ...? :think:

Foggy: Well, it's kind of like a lot of other ladies' butts, except hers has a massive bruise on it.

Ol' Wifehorn: Oh noes! :(

Foggy: Yeah, she slipped on the stairs and slid down 7 steps on her butt, and her doctor said she had a hematoma. I didn't study the photo, but she was limping around. First time I was in better shape than my fitness instructor!
(She brought an assistant to do the kicking, while she did the punches :boxing:)
Ouch. I slipped un the stairs and came down on my coccyx, limped around for a few weeks and 25 years later got a hip replacement out of the arthritis it caused..

My sympathies to your instructors.

But did she do a Putin? Curious minds (don't really) need to know.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by RTH10260 »

Your instructor seems to be in better shape than Putin after reportedly slipping from steps rather than a window :twisted:

ETA :lol: ninja'd
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

She said she saw a doctor already - I texted her last night after I posted about her. Keith is right, while it might be funny to bump down seven steps on your butt, a thing like that can lead to complications.

And remember, this is the lady whose 3 yr old daughter and I formed a corporation last summer, that has not yet been officially dissolved by the State of North Carolina, called People Waiting for Mommy, Inc.

I wrote about that.

Oh wait, my staff informs me that we may not have filed the correct paperwork on that one. Can you believe those people? So our corporation might not be licensed by the state gubbermint. :(

But I still feel like I'm obligated to be nice to that little girl's mom. :thumbsup:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

Yea Fizzykul therypee. Glad to hear about your improved range.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

I feel like I'm ratting on my wife, but I'm being honest with y'all and it's a lesson, I suppose.

Yesterday ol' Wifehorn gave her credit card number to a scammer who promptly ordered himself a nice new iPhone. :doh: :blackeye:

Worse, two minutes into the call I tried to stop her - I saw the dude was using a fake caller ID - and she literally snapped at me to shut up, because she was talking to AT&T.

She wasn't talking to AT&T. :daydreaming:

And I had to listen to the next half hour of this dude stealing money from my wife, until she hung up. She really didn't want me to interfere. Back off, rooster. :fingerwag:

But when she got off the phone I asked her: In all our actual dealing with AT&T over the years ... in all the monthly payments you make to them ... have you ever paid them a nickel by reading a credit card number on the phone? :doh:

Here's why she fell for it: She had been crabbing about the AT&T bill for months. I wrote about the fiasco trying to switch her Tee Vee to Spectrum. She was ripe ... so very ripe ... for a scammer who promised to lower the AT&T bill.

Anyway, she immediately got an email about her new iPhone, with a poor ol' rooster reading the email and crowing about I told you so, I tried to stop you, you snapped at me and bought a nice iPhone for some dude, blah blah blah I guess I wasn't very nice teasing her because I TRIED TO STOP YOU, DAMMIT. :lol:

And she had to cancel the card and spend 45 minutes fixing it. But the dude isn't getting the iPhone, and we're not getting $100 off our AT&T bill, so things have returned to the status quo ante except ol' Wifehorn is wiser and more careful.

And the moral of the story is, if they called you, don't give them a credit card.

That's just science. :doh:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by neonzx »

Dang, that sucks. But not so much because (1) No money lost and (2) $100 credit from the AT&T people who felt bad you and wifehorn had to endure this trauma and it wasn't even their doing to start with.

The lesson of the story is -- do not give financial info to someone who calls you. We learned that decades ago but it is always good as a reminder.

I hope you don't rub it into Ole Wifehorn too badly.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

No, I didn't rub it in too badly. I would never do such a thing!

Now, I may have texted Numbah One Son all about it, so he could rub it in too also. :lol:

But even though we're not getting any $100 off our AT&T bill, we haven't lost anything, and she'll be a lot more cautious in the future.

So, umm .. yes. I love happy endings! :cheer1:
pipistrelle

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:36 am Dang, that sucks. But not so much because (1) No money lost and (2) $100 credit from the AT&T people who felt bad you and wifehorn had to endure this trauma and it wasn't even their doing to start with.
I don’t think that happened.
neonzx

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:04 am
neonzx wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:36 am Dang, that sucks. But not so much because (1) No money lost and (2) $100 credit from the AT&T people who felt bad you and wifehorn had to endure this trauma and it wasn't even their doing to start with.
I don’t think that happened.
Oh I was not reading close enough -- because Foghorn was rambling on and on. :kiss:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

... Foghorn was rambling on and on.
No, no, we call that "providing context". :bighug:

I provide a lot of context. :blackeyebig:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Poor Wifehorn. On the Eve of December 7, on the day before the final day of her busiest time of the year, when she is in "get shit done NOW" mode, she gets scammed. Luckily Foggy was there to recognize what was going on and help her fix it. Worst of all, she had to hear her LOVING husband of many years say, "I told you so."

Those who have not had partners of many years, may not understand the exquisite bliss of being undeniably RIGHT when the other partner is undeniably and provably WRONG. THEN you get to TELL said other the magic words "I told you so."

My condolences to Wifehorn and congratulations to Foggy. Buy her a bottle of champagne, Foggy. She deserves it.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

The nurses at Kaiser loved our old married couple banter. Mrs was trying to tell the younguns about my passenger seat driving as she was getting me to the emergency room. She's saving my life, and I'm interfering. I said it was raining and I was trying to turn on the wipers because she was ignoring me. She said she could see fine. I said "must be nice to have cataracts so bad you don't need windshield wipers anymore."

Both young ladies busted out laughing.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:10 am Buy her a bottle of champagne, Foggy. She deserves it.
She does and I will.

Considering that I tried to save her not two minutes into the phone call and she snapped at me, I have been very, very nice about the whole thing. I have not mentioned it once today, and it will be a long time before I do mention it.

Yes, she's under a lot of pressure right now and working her butt off (and I'm helping), and like I said, the scammer just happened to pick a topic that has been in her head for weeks and weeks. She desperately wants that AT&T bill down. So he got lucky - when he said "lower your AT&T bill" it was like the perfect bait.

But at the same time, like I said, the rule is, if they call you, never give them a credit card number. That's just science, and she knows that very damn well. She forgot because of stress, and she wants that bill down.

I wrote about it here to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else here.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Poor Ol' Rooster

:notworthy:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by RTH10260 »

It can happen to the best, eg Linus, the owner of Linus Media Group (successful Youtubers), got scammed during a private house building process. Linus is a IT expert! Basicly a contractor had an email account compromised, the scammer inserted himself into the conversaton and CAN$ changed hands.

Linus explains it in this clip IFF you want to know the details:
► Show Spoiler
humblescribe
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by humblescribe »

I receive these weekly gratis "credit score" notifications from my bank and my credit card company. My credit rating fluctuates between 800-810. In late February this year, I saw where it had plummeted down to about 730. WTF?

I see where an account was sent to collections. An account that I never opened, and an account that I was unaware of. I contact the collection agency, and they send me a bunch of paperwork to complete after I answered several basic questions about my age, address, home ownership, yadda yadda.

Turns out some bad actor obtained some of my personal info and bought a swell phone and phone service from AT&T in Orange County, and now I owed AT&T over sixteen hundred simoleons.

I complete the paperwork assiduously. I fax it to AT&T fraud department. I receive confirmation that they received the fax. Six weeks later I get a real nasty demand letter from collections. I go through the exercise once more. I get a phone call about three weeks later requesting that I scan and email my fraud packet response.

In July I received notification that the debt was cancelled and my credit score returned to the low 800s.

I now return you to our knight arrant errant. :bag: (Note the postpositive adjective!)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
neonzx

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by neonzx »

humblescribe wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:44 pm I receive these weekly gratis "credit score" notifications from my bank and my credit card company. My credit rating fluctuates between 800-810. In late February this year, I saw where it had plummeted down to about 730. WTF?
Oh wow, that is drama. Sorry for the troubles. The best tenants (a couple) I had were at 798 and I really did not care about the credit scoring because of my underlying review of their app. (as you know, there are many different models - Not every company goes with FICO 8).

But I do watch mine, too also. It's so easy to do today with almost instant app alerts.

People are not just a numerical credit score.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Believe it or not, the dude is trying to call her back today. She hasn't spoken to him, but she recognized his voice.

He probably thinks he can talk her back into buying him the new iPhone, because he was successful once. Something must have gone tragically wrong with the transaction, because he didn't get the iPhone he was counting on.

I told ol' Wifehorn to let me answer if he calls again, and I will commiserate with the gentleman. "I know exactly how you feel, buddy. She won't buy a new iPhone for me either." :violin: :crying:

:whisper: What in the world would I do with an iPhone? I don't Apple. I don't Mac. I simply have no use for such a thing. I love my Google Pickle and when we legalize polygamy in North Carolina I'm going to marry it. I'm sure ol' Wifehorn will understand. :lol:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Foggy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:56 am In Fizzikal Therapy news ... Today [my left front arm raise] went as high as 113°, and generally 110°.
Today I regularly hit 124°. My arm is starting to come back!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by AndyinPA »

:bunny:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
jemcanada2

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by jemcanada2 »

humblescribe wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:44 pm I receive these weekly gratis "credit score" notifications from my bank and my credit card company. My credit rating fluctuates between 800-810. In late February this year, I saw where it had plummeted down to about 730. WTF?

I see where an account was sent to collections. An account that I never opened, and an account that I was unaware of. I contact the collection agency, and they send me a bunch of paperwork to complete after I answered several basic questions about my age, address, home ownership, yadda yadda.

Turns out some bad actor obtained some of my personal info and bought a swell phone and phone service from AT&T in Orange County, and now I owed AT&T over sixteen hundred simoleons.

I complete the paperwork assiduously. I fax it to AT&T fraud department. I receive confirmation that they received the fax. Six weeks later I get a real nasty demand letter from collections. I go through the exercise once more. I get a phone call about three weeks later requesting that I scan and email my fraud packet response.

In July I received notification that the debt was cancelled and my credit score returned to the low 800s.

I now return you to our knight arrant errant. :bag: (Note the postpositive adjective!)
I sold my house and moved to a condo 2 1/2 years ago. The new furnace and water heater that I had been paying for in installments was paid off by the lawyer from the proceeds of the house sale. Enercare was sending me nastygrams about the money that I still owed them no matter how many times the lawyer told them the money had been paid. I just received an email from Enercare last week saying that they had removed the lien from the property/address. :doh: :doh:

It didn’t affect me since I no longer own the property, but it ticks me off that Enercare’s incompetence could affect the new owner’s deed to the property. :mad: :mad:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Foggy wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:41 am
Foggy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:56 am In Fizzikal Therapy news ... Today [my left front arm raise] went as high as 113°, and generally 110°.
Today I regularly hit 124°. My arm is starting to come back!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Poor Ol' Rooster

124!!!!!!!! :winner:
Lani

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Lani »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:40 pm 124!!!!!!!! :winner:
:yeahthat:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”