Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by RTH10260 »

I recommend

;)
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

keith wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:46 am Maybe you could bribe the Doctor to say that even though your wings are fully functional and healed, you are permanently unfit for lawnmower duty?
I like working outside. I don't mind mowing.

But today I get another injection of cortisone in my right knee. My poor right knee is the forgotten loser in the cyborg implementation. The other day I told ol' Wifehorn I was thinking about getting it done later this year, my shoulders will both be ready to go by mid-August. But surgery puts a burden on her, and we've got one more Open Enrollment period starting in November, and she just doesn't need the hassle, if I can hang on until 2024.

So I'm outta here, I hear another needle calling.

"Foggy! Foggy!" :oldman:

:shock:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

Karnac says there is a Cub Cadet in your future.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by neonzx »

Well um, I don't have any sons but I partly thought that was the idea of sons -- to do manual labor jobs at the house. But, you let them leave.

And now you are left with the cats, which my guess is they are not good with helping on lawn care. :mrgreen:
p0rtia

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by p0rtia »

Foggy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:25 pm
And I have an appt. with my primary care doctor tomorrow at 9:40 a.m. to get started on referrals to a cardiologist and a gastrointestinal doc. Yes, I self-discharged from a hospital, which is supposed to be a no-no, even though we felt (still feel) we were justified. No, that doesn't mean I am neglecting my healthcare in the slightest. I have gone over everything the doctors said with ol' Wifehorn and we know exactly what their concerns were, so I don't have any problem relating all that to a new doctor. Hell, if they had said Saturday night "We're putting you in an ambulance and taking you to the main hospital for the echo cardiogram," I would have said, "OK, let's go."
I'm glad you're getting those referrals, Foggy :thumbsup: . I've had the full set for a few years now, and I'm so glad I do. It makes for an unpleasant number of doctor/lab/imaging visits, but then you already have that. Oddly enough, I feel that I run the show. I let them handle the Big Issues, but I run the show. I pester them with MY questions all the time, and discuss the big picture with my PCP. And it's actually nice to know that I've reduced the likely bad effects of whatever the next thing is to hit me, because I am so damn tested.

No one in their right mind would say you're neglecting your health care. :oldlady:

Be well.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:51 am Well um, I don't have any sons but I partly thought that was the idea of sons -- to do manual labor jobs at the house. But, you let them leave.

And now you are left with the cats, which my guess is they are not good with helping on lawn care. :mrgreen:
Goats are nice. They will keep the lawn under control, and they'll trim the bushes too.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You really need to take Eurobot's physician referral seriously. :mrgreen:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:52 am You really need to take Eurobot's physician referral seriously. :mrgreen:
I have issued a derisive chortle. :|
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

bill_g wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:12 am Goats are nice. They will keep the lawn under control, and they'll trim the bushes too.
They will keep the lawn under control, and they'll trim the bushes too.

They are not, however, nice.

I worked with a guy for a while back in the day, in a small engine repair shop that serviced garden equipment. He grew a fine crop of red hot chili peppers, and in order to cure them properly, he hung them over his fence to dry in the Maryland sunshine.

The neighbor's goats ate them all and vomited themselves to death.

True story, bro. :batting:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Phoenix520
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Phoenix520 »

The only animal I’ve encountered that I was truly askeered of was a big bad Billy goat. Knocked me down and stuck his horn on my throat, daring me to move. Big and stinky, he was.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

The thing.

shoulder_.jpg
shoulder_.jpg (10.83 KiB) Viewed 1201 times

The thing inside my shoulder.

Hard to see, but it's made of titanium. Or vibranium or sumpin'.

Anyway, bad photo. It's what I got.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by RTH10260 »

Wish you a fast and well revovery!
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by neonzx »

Cool. They are rebuilding you into a bionic man -- or Robocop.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Frater I*I »

neonzx wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:13 pm Cool. They are rebuilding you into a bionic man -- or Robocop.
The 6 million Dinar man.... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Well, I think my arm is mostly back. I went in my garage today and did some much-needed cleaning and organizing, reeling electrical cords and like that, sweeping, cutting up boxes. I didn't overdo it, and I didn't hurt the arm at all, but whoa, what happened to my stamina after sitting in the damn recliner for a month?

I gotta sit down. :towel:

OK, I gotta walk with ol' you know who this afternoon. :daydreaming:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Luke »

Great to hear!!

Walk with whom? Walt? Miki? Don't tell me Sharon Rondeau drove all the way down there, the presses wouldn't be able to roll on time. Wait -- The Spork? Are you going to make a grand announcement and press conference that The Spork is back and you're going pole and/or square dancing? :P

Square dancing at Denny's courtesy of DALL-E --

square.JPG
square.JPG (127.67 KiB) Viewed 1118 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Ol' Wifehorn said she had a quiet, wonderful weekend. ❤️
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

I think I told y'all that I now have two different friends who found out they were Jewish from 23 and Me, the DNA testing folks. Slarti the White has told us his story, and today I learned more about my friend Helen the Neighbor, who lives nearby. I fix computer problems for her.

And her story is even stranger than Slarti's. She grew up Irish Catholic Democrat, and she tells me that her father was not her biological father, a thing she never knew. And her 50% Jewish DNA came from the father she knows absolutely nothing about. Her mother was her biological mother, but she knows nothing about her biological father, and there's nobody left alive to explain what the hell happened.

But her father knew. She told me several times that her dad used to tell her, "If you weren't Catholic, you'd be Jewish." She never understood that, but he said it numerous times. He was a doctor, a general practitioner back in the day, when doctors set broken bones and delivered babies. She knows he knew the story, but now, today, nobody knows the story and nobody ever will. :shrug:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Remember when I spent 40 hours in the ER on Easter weekend because they found a "possible" anomaly in my EKG, and they wanted to give me a test called an echo cardiogram?

Just got a text from my primary care provider, and the cardiologist did an echo cardiogram at his office (so that's what that thing was) and he didn't find anything, and bottom line, my heart is bigger than either of the two moons orbiting Mars (Phobos and Deimos) and in perfect health. And I definitely made the right choice when I did self-discharge against medical advice.

Then I went to fizzikal therapy and, check it out: Next Tuesday is six weeks since surgery, and one of the goals I was supposed to reach after 6 weeks was front arm raise, 130° range of motion.

But it hasn't been 6 weeks, and today I had 140° range of motion. And we have done zero of the exercises a "normal" fizzikal therapist would have had me doing, but results are results and are indisputably good.

So, umm ... good heart and good right arm, more surgeries, por favor!
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
AndyinPA
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

Poor Ol' Rooster

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪
🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yesterday I mowed part of the lawn. Just the front yard, we have an acre of land and a lot of lawn, so I did about a third of what needs to be done, and then I stopped to see if my arm was gonna start hurting, or maybe swell up some, or maybe turn black and shrivel up and fall off, or maybe sumpin' else that might be really bad. And I confess again, my stamina is gone and I'm working on it. A third of the lawn was plenty.

But none of the bad things happened to my arm, and the only way to get my stamina back is to get back out there and mow the other two thirds of the lawn. Let's get 'er done!

So of course, it's going to be pouring rain all day. Murphy's Law. :(

Okay, maybe I'll vacuum instead. :oldman:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Luke »

Great news!

Or instead of chores, you could watch Winnie The Pooh: Blood and Honey. Neon says it's great :lol: The A.A. Milne characters went into the public domain, and these filmmakers decided to do a slasher film:
The days of adventures and merriment have come to an end, as Christopher Robin, now a young man, has left Winnie-The-Pooh and Piglet to fend for themselves. As time passes, feeling angry and abandoned, the two become feral.

After getting a taste for blood, Winnie-The-Pooh and Piglet set off to find a new source of food. It’s not long before their bloody rampage begins.
WINNIE-THE-POOH: BLOOD AND HONEY (2023) | Official Trailer | Altitude Films

Just an idea. Or did you like the other videos better? :P
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Oh darn, couldn't watch, we had a power outage last night. :( 8-)
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Tiredretiredlawyer

Poor Ol' Rooster

Foggy wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:58 am Oh darn, couldn't watch, we had a power outage last night. :( 8-)
It's a shame the power outage got in the way of your much needed hair washing too, also. :biggrin:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”