Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yeah. We have AT&T for everything now, with a lovely fiber optic cable that now has been severed.

Ol' Wifehorn decided our bill was too high, and she did some research and decided to move the Tee Vee only to Spectrum, which used to be Time-Warner Cable.

Spectrum is great at begging you to hire them, but we had Time-Warner and it was the worst company on the planet for actual service when things weren't working properly. Maybe 1 of 10 people working for them knows as much as I do about internet. Providing internet service is not rocket surgery. It's almost 2023.

Some companies manage to be very good at supplying internet service. Spectrum is not one of those. They're a company that does a very bad job of providing internet service, and I don't know why ol' Wifehorn picked them, because she knows better. Oh, because she just wants them to provide Tee Vee, that's what.

But this is costing us a whole day of business. She's not going to work with Spectrum any more. They messed up.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Phoenix520 »

We had a choice of Spectrum or Frontier for our internets. Frontier is a hard nope, and Spectrum kept sending us non-working routers. I finally called my tech guy and he brought me one that worked. And after promising the rate would be steady for two years, after two years they doubled it. Still the only game in town.
Gupwalla

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Gupwalla »

Gupwalla wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:15 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:01 am Thanks!! I sent it to my personal trainer because my right hip in the joint can be tight and painful.
I have spent all day with an aching hip. I’m really hoping I just spent too long with it right in the wrong place over that dried pea I keep under the mattress.

I’m too young and beautiful to have to start dealing with worn-out joints.
Update: fine today. Likely just slept crooked, or else spent too much of the weekend on my butt instead of moving around and keeping things limber.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:49 am :snippity:

But the spam comes in waves. The wave of emails saying they took over the camera on my computer and got compromising video of me that will be sent to my friends and family if I don't pay some bitcoin seems to be over. I got a lot of those.
Hey, I've been getting those too.

Only they are threatening to send me videos of YOU if I don't pay up.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:53 am ETA Doesn’t this seemlike the kind of thing any doctor should know?
You'd think!

I'll have to see if there's a sports medicine doc that does home visits in my area. I doubt there is, but I managed to find an eye doctor that comes to my home, so you never know...
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

So after Spectrum cut our fiber optic cable, leaving our business with no internet or phones for six hours until AT&T came out and gave us a new cable ...

Spectrum was very good about dealing with it, they called and apologized, and they're going to come back and dig in their own cable before AT&T comes back to bury the new fiber optic, and they made it clear they still want our business, after sending us glossy expensive ads in the mail twice a week for five years.

Right?

Oh, wait. You forgotted. I think I mentioned, this is the world's worst service company. They haven't contacted us. They probably don't know they don't have a cable yet, and they never will. Last time, they called a couple weeks later and asked me, what happened to their order? How come we're not customers again? How does internet work? What is this thing, Tee Vee? :confuzzled:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

One would think that the guy who cut the fiber optic would report it to a supervisor.

"I did it again, boss." :blackeyebig:

And the supervisor would flag the order for instant attention, the guy who cut it sure understood that ol' Wifehorn was gonna kill him (I was at class) and it was a big deal to cripple our business for a whole day.

But instead, we haven't heard a word, not even "We're sorry and we're morons."

I'm gonna get a phone call in a couple weeks, what happened?

:smokeears:

But we have fiber optic again. AT&T responds quickly.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:58 am But we have fiber optic again. AT&T responds quickly.
There is a lesson here. The fact that AT&T responded so quickly to something which was not their flubup speaks much.

Yeah, stick with AT&T.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

I ❤️ AT&T. They actually have people who know what they're doing when problems come up, too also.

When we had Spectrum before, at least 10 times I was assured that they were escalating my case and a supervisor would call me back REAL SOON.

I never did get a call from a supervisor. They are liars, too also.
pipistrelle

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:11 am I ❤️ AT&T. They actually have people who know what they're doing when problems come up, too also.

When we had Spectrum before, at least 10 times I was assured that they were escalating my case and a supervisor would call me back REAL SOON.

I never did get a call from a supervisor. They are liars, too also.
Reminds me of the early days of the local cable company. They cut off my cable off right before I had a household of guests and wouldn't get back to me about the why or wherefore. Finally contacted the cable regulator and got reconnected but it took two months and a lot of calls. Found out a neighbor had moved and they'd cut off my cable by mistake. Then they wouldn't give me credit for the pre-paid time during which I hadn't had cable.

Next time I called "customer service," the rep said, "I see here you called the regulator on us." :shock:

Count yourself lucky they didn't cut a gas line and blow up the neighborhood.
roadscholar

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by roadscholar »

Say boss... I'm seeing reports of voter intimidation in North Cackilacki. You seen any?
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

No, but we're working.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Foggy wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:49 am the latest wave is Geek Squad.

I have received more than 35 emails lately, from a very wide range of sources, all informing me that they successfully charged my credit card $399 for Geek Squad. Thank you for your order! And if I have a problem with it, call this number (and we'll refund if you give us your credit card info :roll:). As you can imagine, 35 times $399 is ... a lot of money. But I haven't found which credit card they're using, because all mine are paid off.

:towel:
Here's the one I got this morning, the amount slightly changed but otherwise a typical scam lately.

Note that the phone number is in red and repeated twice. They don't want me to click a link; they want me to call the number and allow them to give me a refund to my credit card. How, you ask, will they do that? Why, by asking me for the credit card number, the expiration date, and the CVV code. That will only allow them to refund my money, and they're terribly sorry for the mistake.

"In case of any further clarifications ... " :confuzzled:
Image 002.png
AndyinPA
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by AndyinPA »

I've been getting, and ignoring, the exact same emails.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Phoenix520 »

Geek Squad is based in Honolulu? I wanna work there!
qbawl

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by qbawl »

Did someone forget to reset the FogBow timepiece?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

No. :?:
qbawl

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by qbawl »

Foggy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:55 pmNo. :?:
I'm seeing the time stamps on the post an hour in the future. The post Im quoting shows ME a timestamp of 5:55 pm but my clock on this device indicates the time is currently 5:07 pm. The extended meetup time must have caused a tear in MY time-space continuum. Oh well "shake it off.'
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Oh, you can set that in the User Control Panel - > Board Preferences
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:11 pm Oh, you can set that in the User Control Panel - > Board Preferences
Yeah, I had to do that...
After you said it was automatic.
Not so much.

:blackeye:

The only two clocks I have to change manually biannually is my microwave and Fogbow.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

That's probably Arizona's fault, for not changing the clocks.

Just remember - Foogie did nothing wrong. :bighug:
Edit: Wow, I thought it was automatic. Huh.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by keith »

Why on earthwould it NOT be auto. Does the server not get opsys calendar updates?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
sugar magnolia

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by sugar magnolia »

Mine changed automagically right when it was supposed to.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

So this period of my life is humbling, like so many which have come before.

Ol' Wifehorn, as y'all know, is the insurance expert, although I do have a license, for now. She runs the business, and I provide back office support and stuff. Tech support. I'm really good at tech support.

Anyway, the Open Enrollment period is upon us, and she's swamped with getting out quotes and filling out applications and so forth and so on, which means she's totally booked in the mornings, and then she talks on the phone nonstop from 1 pm to 5, or 6, or 7. And in the mornings, until 1:00 p.m., I answer the phones.

But nobody wants to talk to me. They want to talk to ol' Wifehorn, and if'n they get me, it's like they scratched off the lottery ticket, and it was a nothing.

Since I got home from class this morning at 9:00, I have had four phone calls, and every single one of them went like this:

Me: "Health Plans Carolina, this is Bill speaking."

Caller: "Oh, I think I have the wrong number."

Me: "No you don't, I'm her husband."

Caller: "Oh ... okay ... "

:blackeyebig:
Edit: I really should answer the phone, "Hello, I'm ol' Wifehorn's husband." But I gotta be me!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Our FMO is offering us 200 leads of people in the Greensboro area who are losing their insurance company and need to be signed up with a new one. Bright Health is leaving North Cackilacki, and won't be issuing policies for 2023.

These people have been paying $40 a month premiums. Ol' Wifehorn looked and they're not going to get insurance for less than $160 a month now, four times what they've been paying. And there are no doctor networks set up in Greensboro, they don't even list a hospital that's covered by the plans. Those people are screwed, and there's nothing we can do for them that isn't gonna be painful.

So what they're really saying is, "We have 200 people who are getting screwed and need somebody to yell at. Are you interested?"

No, we're not interested. We have 500 clients already, and we can't handle 200 more, even if we liked being yelled at.

I can't save the world. I can't even save all the people I like. :blackeye:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”