Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

LOOK OUT, FOGGY!!!!!

https://www.cbsnews.com
Venomous spitting cobra on the loose in Raleigh, North Carolina neighborhood

A highly venomous pet snake has escaped and remains on the loose in Raleigh, North Carolina, police said early Tuesday. CBS affiliate WNCN reports that police sent an alert at 1:30 a.m. Tuesday warning that a zebra cobra, which is known to spit venom, was spotted on the porch of a home at around 5:10 p.m. Monday.

An animal control officer responded to the home, but the cobra apparently had slithered away. Authorities say the zebra cobra belongs to a resident of the neighborhood.

According to the African Snakebite Institute, spitting cobras can "bite people and prey, and venom is easily injected." The nocturnal snakes found in Namibia and Angola are black to brown with light cross bars, and average 4 feet in length.

Under North Carolina state law, it is "unlawful for any person to own, possess, use, transport, or traffic in any venomous reptile that is not housed in a sturdy and secure enclosure."
cobra.jpg
cobra.jpg (105.7 KiB) Viewed 13316 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

Re: Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by sugar magnolia »

My parents adopted a kid because of a nest of cobras on a soccer field in Viet Nam.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Some day, Sugar, ima sit at your knee and hear all the stories. :daydreaming: I’ll be taking copious notes.

That is one ugly, scary looking snake. :eek:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Yes, Sugar. Don't leave us hanging about the den of cobras and the adopted boy!!!!!!!! :shock:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Do you know where your cat is?
Il factotum
Liz

Post by Liz »

I knew a snake person.. he a constrictor...a python.. fed it live rats... he enjoyed watching it all.. too much.
His escaped too. because he'd let it out to feed. The bulge in the middle of cobra looks like a recent meal. I wonder if this guy did the same.
Having a constrictor one thing, a cobra is beyond another.
Scary.
What happens if a spitting cobra spits on you?
You see, spitting cobra's venom doesn't do anything if it just hits you on the skin or even gets in your mouth. To be of any use, the venom has to get in your eye, where it causes searing pain and can scar the corneas and leave you blind.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Heck, Foggy would have that snake for lunch. After all, he's had Orly Taitz' fingers in his mouth. Foggy is a bad hombre.

By the time our Foggy got through with him this would be that snake:

Unicon Snake.JPG
Unicon Snake.JPG (53.81 KiB) Viewed 13269 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Thang and a group of his friends, around 9 or 10 years old, were playing pick up soccer in a field in their native Viet Nam. They discovered a den of cobras had taken up residence, so, as 9 year old boys are wont to do, they decided to go exploring instead. Unfortunately, they went exploring on a cargo ship docked nearby. They were apparently playing pirate ship as close as we could ever determine, considering the language barrier. The captain had no idea they were farting around on his ship and set sail. The boys were scared of getting in trouble so they hid until it was much too late and they were already in international waters. The Captain passed them off to another ship at some point (this part has never been very clear) and they wound up in port in Australia with no papers. Catholic Charities took over at that point and they became unaccompanied minors. After trying and failing to locate their families they were sent to a Catholic Charities group home in the US. After being shuffled around for several months, Thang wound up at the middle school where my mother was a counselor. She worked with him on socialization, language, and just on generally not being an asswipe. After about 3 years, they adopted him. Someone finally located his family in Viet Nam about 10 years later and he made one trip back to see them. He never did grow out of being an asswipe though. He's a fisherman up around Seattle some place now, if he hasn't been killed in a bar fight.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

You rang? :bag:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

I HATE snakes, we have lots of them around here. Mostly black snakes, which is basically good because they keep the copperheads away. As bad as I hate them we did have to rescue one once. It had gotten horribly tangled in some bird net. My husband held it still while I cut it all away with a pair of tweezers and suture scissors. The poor thing was terrified and struggling until I got to the tightest bit. When I cut that loose the it actually relaxed a bit.
Black Snake.jpg
Black Snake.jpg (93.57 KiB) Viewed 13191 times
There is no longer any bird net anywhere on this property.

Another time I just opened my kitchen door and one fell on my head. I screamed so loud both dogs and all 3 cats came running to see what happened. :lol:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Did a snake or a bird fall on your head? :shock:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:13 am Did a snake or a bird fall on your head? :shock:
It was a black snake climbing up the exterior wall/door area and when I opened the door it fell on my head.
Tiredretiredlawyer

:o :eek: :shock:
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

At least it didn't bite any roosters. :daydreaming:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Foggy wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:29 am At least it didn't bite any roosters. :daydreaming:
It don't bite; it spits accurately into eyes from as far away as 9 feet! At least it won't have Covid. :biggrin:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:21 pm
Foggy wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:29 am At least it didn't bite any roosters. :daydreaming:
It don't bite; it spits accurately into eyes from as far away as 9 feet! At least it won't have Covid. :biggrin:
It bites, too.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I finally gotted my own thread, and it's about a mean ol' snek! :violin: :crying:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Roosters are way cooler than snakes

Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:58 am I finally gotted my own thread, and it's about a mean ol' snek! :violin: :crying:
You should get a tattoo to commemorate this!
Estiveoshot_20210702_050032.jpg
Image Image Image Image
Tiredretiredlawyer

That would make a helluva tattoo! :dance:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Beach Day.jpg
Beach Day.jpg (25.49 KiB) Viewed 12841 times
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Foghorn.jpg
Foghorn.jpg (22.11 KiB) Viewed 12776 times

In honor of Foggy, here's a Foghorn Leghorn cartoon with a 4th of July twist

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Foggy’s new vehicle!
Attachments
144588FA-5615-4F8B-8481-0B3E43FE53C4.jpeg
144588FA-5615-4F8B-8481-0B3E43FE53C4.jpeg (278.55 KiB) Viewed 12646 times

Return to “Introduce Yourself”