Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Glad you're better, Foggy! :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

95%. Feeling like I should be ready for Dancing with Barbells mañana, 9:30 am. Kitty nurses have been released to their regular duties. [Narrator: Cats don't really have a lot of duties. :roll:] Ol' Wifehorn has abandoned me to my own devices (always risky, that) in terms of food, laundry, and taking care of myself. I rewarded her by taking out the trash and washing a sink full of dishes. Feeding myself, doing my own laundry (means I get all my socks back) ...

Oh! Here's a kitty nurse! It's Nurse Moo Cow, the feline Holstein! Hiya, Moo Cow!
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:55 pm 95%. Feeling like I should be ready for Dancing with Barbells mañana, 9:30 am. Kitty nurses have been released to their regular duties. [Narrator: Cats don't really have a lot of duties. :roll:] Ol' Wifehorn has abandoned me to my own devices (always risky, that) in terms of food, laundry, and taking care of myself. I rewarded her by taking out the trash and washing a sink full of dishes. Feeding myself, doing my own laundry (means I get all my socks back) ...

Oh! Here's a kitty nurse! It's Nurse Moo Cow, the feline Holstein! Hiya, Moo Cow!
Did you drop to your knees when you asked the kitties for the missing stock :?:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:55 pm 95%. Feeling like I should be ready for Dancing with Barbells mañana, 9:30 am. Kitty nurses have been released to their regular duties. [Narrator: Cats don't really have a lot of duties. :roll:] Ol' Wifehorn has abandoned me to my own devices (always risky, that) in terms of food, laundry, and taking care of myself. I rewarded her by taking out the trash and washing a sink full of dishes. Feeding myself, doing my own laundry (means I get all my socks back) ...

Stormy begs to differ. She diligently searches our house for things that pose a threat and attacks them until the threat is neutralized, including, but not limited to: jingle balls, cardboard egg cartons, paper grocery bags, and red dots. She also carefully rearranges things by moving small items from the table onto the floor. She stays quite busy keeping us safe and organized.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I try not to judge people solely on their looks. If I do, often the judgement is based on someone I know who looks like the person I’m judging.

Amy looks like a woman I worked with years ago. I went out of my way to avoid her. She tottered around the office in too-small shoes because they made her feet look “dainty”, and wore too much cheap gardenia perfume. She was afraid of everything. But worst of all she was the office snitch.

Amy looks just like her. Maybe 50 lbs heavier.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Phoenix520,

You have adopted Miss Marple's method of sleuthing. Remington Steele did the same.

:biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Patagoniagirl

Is there a MONSTER behind me?

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I did not make this up! Dirty Old Rooster Soap.

https://www.dirtyroosternaturalsoap.com ... 2GgR1XN8Ww
Attachments
WASH_YOUR_C_Tall-0000_540x.jpg
WASH_YOUR_C_Tall-0000_540x.jpg (22.87 KiB) Viewed 2806 times
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Couple shots from my Dancing With Barbells class ...

Here the room is almost empty, I like to get there early. That's our instructor, Kelly, with the pink sweater on.

This is my personal setup, I need the foam mat for my metal knee, and I don't lift a lot of weight (but I lift it thousands of times in an hour).

OK, the room is filling up a little now. We ended up with 11 participants and Kelly.

Ready to RUMBLE!!
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Today is National Chicken Lady Day.

Carry on. :|
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Foggy wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:10 pm Couple shots from my Dancing With Barbells class ...
:confuzzled: You dance with small fish? ;)
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

It's all about moving to the beat of the music. 8-)

Yeah, that means it's Poultry in Motion.

:groupdance:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

(groan)
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:55 am It's all about moving to the beat of the music. 8-)

Yeah, that means it's Poultry in Motion.

:groupdance:
My friend Jan Gillies is a songwriter. She has a CD called “Poultry in Motion.” One of the songs tells the true story of “Mike the Headless Chicken.”

"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:like:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Remember when I had food poisoning or a stomach flu or sumpin' and I foolishly tried to go to the local ER, but we couldn't get to see a doc so I just went home and waited to see if'n I died or got better? And I got better? That was way back in late September. I survived it.

OK, but while I was still sick, I had an appointment to get a needle in my knee full of that precious, precious elixir called cortisone, and I was too dang sick to drive (it's about 35 miles from here but I love my doctor). And so I didn't get my precious, precious cortisone, and the next appointment they were able to schedule (they're pretty bizzy replacing knees, that's all they do really) was today in about two and a half hours.

And I know what you're going to say, if all they do is replace knees why are they giving me a simple cortisone stick in the knee? Because I was a model patient and they still love me there, and because my other knee, the one they didn't already replace, the one that needs the cortisone because of arthritis because I favored that knee for thirty years after the other one got injured, that knee, is just in a holding pattern until they have to replace it, too also.

So for now, I get cortisone every three months unless I get food poisoning or stomach flu or sumpin' and can't make it, in which case my knee remains tragically cortisone-free for way more than a month longer than it should. I can't wait. And best of all, it's about 70º outside, which means I can wear shorts instead of havin' to take my pants all the way off for them to get to the knee.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Here is to getting all steroided up and feeling better!!!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

OMG, cortisone. :lovestruck: The swelling is already going away. :biggrin:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

You need to spend 6 million dollars, and get Bionic Legs.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

But he and I both know where this is going, and it's total knee replacement in the other knee.

I had my first one when I was 63. It came out well because I was religious about rehab. There was lateral movement in it, it kept popping out, and the doc scheduled me for a revision, a second surgery to fix the first one. So I went out and walked 4 miles a day until I didn't need a revision any more. :biggrin: That knee works great.

My dad waited until he was 83, not 63. He tried to do the rehab but it was really difficult for him (and he normally has endless self-discipline). Now he's 93 and he can barely stand up, uses a rolleter to go 6 inches across the room, and it looks painful.

I told the doc to get ready to do the deal next year, maybe early next year. I want to be young and healthy enough to come out the other side stompin'and snortin' like I do.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hey Foggy, found a nice photo of you :P It's from Disney's 1973 Robin Hood, the image is being used at Shanghai Disney in respect for the 12 animals in the zodiac calendar. The shot is from Episode 6 of The Imagineering Story on Disney+.

Foggy.JPG
Foggy.JPG (59.79 KiB) Viewed 2303 times

Foggy 2.JPG
Foggy 2.JPG (57.82 KiB) Viewed 2303 times

Lookin good! :bighug:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

So my dad is 93, and you expect this kind of thing.

He has blood clots and swelling in both legs. They did a cat scan of his lungs last night to see if a clot dislodged and went there, but my sister Letitia says it came back clear, so that's good news, but it doesn't get rid of the blood clots. Anyway, they admitted him after midnight last night (this morning) and Letitia will keep me posted.

I told my cats that Poppy came out clear on his cat scan and they think we're getting closer to the real problem, because Poppy needs a cat after his wonderful cat Charlie passed away last spring. Charlie brought extra love to that home.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:bighug: :bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Apparently the plan is to do a procedure that involves installing nylon nets of some kind to prevent the clots from dislodging and moving up to his lungs or brain.

Which sounds to me like they're not going to remove the clots that are making my dad's legs swollen and red (but no real pain). Instead, the plan is to immobilize them. He was taking blood thinners, so this shouldn't have happened in the first place.

But this may be the end of him using his legs, my dad who played tennis until he was 80 years old.

My grandma Rhoda was 94 when she fell and broke her hip, and there was nothing they could do, and she was in considerable pain before she passed. I'm OK with my dad passing, he's had a long and wonderful life and he's 93. But I don't want him to suffer. Whatever happens, let him go peacefully when it's time, that's all I can ask.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:bighug:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”