Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ted Cruz - Rafael Edward "Felito" "Ted" Cruz - Flyin', Lyin' TX Tea Turd

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Gupwalla

Post by Gupwalla »

I can say it now because I was saying it back in 2017 and 2018 and 2019:

Impeachment is not some excuse to have a re-do because you lost an election or you think your neighbors all voted the wrong way. Impeachment is an extraordinary remedy for removing a malfeasant from office when they don’t have the good sense to resign.

I still question whether Trump’s Impeachment #1 was fully justified. I have little doubt that Impeachment #2 was justified; but it was almost certainly too little too late to do any good. It was more about setting down a marker.

But we should get ourselves out of this habit of casually calling for impeachment so we can throw some political fireworks and pwn the other side and whatnot. It’s a bad look and it’s outside of what John McCain called “regular order.”
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

In violent agreement, we are.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gupwalla wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:44 pm It’s a bad look and it’s outside of what John McCain called “regular order.”
That's the feature, not the bug....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I mean, does Ted really think they'd get 2/3 of the Senate to vote to remove? He's really counting on THAT much of a red wave? Because as we learned with TFG, the House can make its majority vote to impeach all the hell it wants, but in the end, it's nothing more than an embarassing Wikipedia entry until the Senate decides on a 2/3 vote, "Yeah, okay, throw the bum out."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

2/3rds of members present. All they need are a dozen or so happy accidents.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:33 pm
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: Ted Cruz says Republicans should impeach Mayorkas and Merrick Garland right after they take power
For why?

I mean aside from general pettiness and congenital bullshittery. What kind of charges would they have?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Revenge and hatred - it is who and what they are.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:12 pm 2/3rds of members present. All they need are a dozen or so happy accidents.
Don't give them ideas...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

I must say, no matter how much one hates Ted Cruz, there is never a reason to waste alcohol! (Video of Ted Cruz standing and riding in an H1 Hummer, getting a beer can thrown at his head during the Astro's parade. Would have hit him too, but for that meddlesome aide.)
Wu-Tang is for the Children @WUTangKids wrote: Beer can thrown at Ted Cruz at the Astros parade today 🤣…they sure love him in his hometown
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gupwalla

Post by Gupwalla »

I don’t advocate wasting beer by throwing it at a sitting US Senator. A hearty ‘boo’ paired with an expressive hand gesture is sufficient.

I do hope this is indicative of the changing political winds in Texas. One would not, before today, associate exhuberant Texas baseball fans with anti-Cruz sentiment. And let’s not forget that Cruz’s most recent political opponent could very well be governor-elect by tomorrow evening.
raison de arizona

Gupwalla wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:43 pm I don’t advocate wasting beer by throwing it at a sitting US Senator. A hearty ‘boo’ paired with an expressive hand gesture is sufficient.
Yeah, they had that too.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gupwalla wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:44 pm Impeachment is not some excuse to have a re-do because you lost an election or you think your neighbors all voted the wrong way. Impeachment is an extraordinary remedy for removing a malfeasant from office when they don’t have the good sense to resign.
Bill Clinton's impeachment was, IMHO, retribution for his having the temerity to be re-elected. The stuff with Monica Lewinski and everything else was just a pretense.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I read an article that claimed the TFG was talking impeachment with Kevin McCarthy and even Trump wondered if an unsuccessful impeachment would actually help Biden in his re-election bid.

To hear Cruz, Emptygee, Gaitz, et al, talking, they are going to impeach every democrat in sight. Do they really think that is how to govern? Do they really not realize that, even if they do take back the majority in both the House and Senate, they will not have the votes to convict? Do they really not realize that, even some on the right will see that this is taking the entire party on a suicide mission?

Back when John Boehner was speaker, some people referred to the GOP as "The Party of No", because, like today, their only platform was/is to oppose anything and everything done or said by a democrat. Today, they have become the party of revenge. Trump is obsessed with getting revenge on the democrats for impeaching him twice, and on the congress in general for certifying the 2020 election for Biden.
raison de arizona

Ted Cruz trolling again. Must be a day that ends in Y.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

noblepa wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:07 pm I read an article that claimed the TFG was talking impeachment with Kevin McCarthy and even Trump wondered if an unsuccessful impeachment would actually help Biden in his re-election bid.

To hear Cruz, Emptygee, Gaitz, et al, talking, they are going to impeach every democrat in sight. Do they really think that is how to govern? Do they really not realize that, even if they do take back the majority in both the House and Senate, they will not have the votes to convict? Do they really not realize that, even some on the right will see that this is taking the entire party on a suicide mission?

Back when John Boehner was speaker, some people referred to the GOP as "The Party of No", because, like today, their only platform was/is to oppose anything and everything done or said by a democrat. Today, they have become the party of revenge. Trump is obsessed with getting revenge on the democrats for impeaching him twice, and on the congress in general for certifying the 2020 election for Biden.
To be absolutely fair, the Democrats knew they didn’t have the votes to convict too.

To continue to be fair they also knew they had legitimate charges that needed to be aired.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

This is so very sad. It seems Cruz’s daughter tried to unalive herself tonight. Or maybe just cutting herself which is still bad.even if it was more serious I’m sure Ted will try to downplay it. Which is why this shit happens in the first place - the kids in pain aren’t taken seriously.
According to KTRK, the Houston Police Department said they received reports just before 8 p.m. local time on Tuesday of a 14-year-old with self-inflicted stab wounds on their arms in the neighborhood River Oaks, where the Republican lawmaker resides with his wife, Heidi, and their two daughters.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/ted-cruzs ... d=94654509
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Now an ordinary man would resign to spend time with his family
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Sounds like a family trip to Cancun to me.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:45 am Now an ordinary man would resign to spend time with his family
That was my first thought too.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:58 am
Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:45 am Now an ordinary man would resign to spend time with his family
That was my first thought too.
The headlines say she's "okay." No, whether cutting/self-harm or an attempt, she is not "okay." My guess is this didn't just suddenly happen but that's just a guess.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

My outer-self has many things that it could say but inner-self is telling me "Stop it, Neon". So I will leave it there and hope the daughter gets well.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That whole family needs help. The first step would be his retiring from the Senate. Ain't gonna happen.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Dave from down under wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:16 pm Revenge and hatred - it is who and what they are.
Yeah, the Republican party, in 2022, has become the party of revenge.

Look for most of 2023 to be taken up with investigations and hearings designed to embarrass President Biden and the democrats in general.

The Democrats invited Republicans to participate in the January 6 committee. First, they wanted to pack their alloted seats with MAGA toadys like Jim Jordan. When that didn't work, they simply said no.

Will Republicans invite Democrats to sit on the committee "investigating" smearing Hunter Biden?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

neonzx wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:35 am My outer-self has many things that it could say but inner-self is telling me "Stop it, Neon". So I will leave it there and hope the daughter gets well.
Absolutely agree. I sincerely hope she gets the help and support she needs.

Return to “Current Politics”