Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ted Cruz - Rafael Edward "Felito" "Ted" Cruz - Flyin', Lyin' TX Tea Turd

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Gregg

Re: Ted Cruz - Rafael Edward "Felito" "Ted" Cruz - Flyin', Lyin' TX Tea Turd

Post by Gregg »

Good morning, my name is Dr Evans, and this is Algebra II.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Ted Cruz has never heard of “fire exits.”
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

If TX thinks they have a teacher shortage now, wait until they tell the teachers they have to be armed.

I don't have kids in school, but I know I'd rather have a teacher doing what they could to protect the kids rather than whipping out a sidearm to go after the shooter.

A friend told me yesterday that his grand kids (kindergarten and 2nd grade) carry door wedges in their backpacks. The door stops were on their list of supplies at the beginning of the year. That made me want to cry.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Helen Kennedy 🌻 @HelenKennedy wrote: Three (3) armed officers shot at the gunman. How many does each school need?
Ted Cruz @tedcruz wrote: Enough is enough.

We need to act by hardening school security and hiring armed police officers to keep our kids safe.
When I tuned into FoxNews yesterday, the consensus was 4-5 armed officers at EACH access point, FWIW. Clearly, three aren't enough. Also, unscalable fences encircling the school, allowing access only at designated access points. Further, every classroom door should be locked at all times, and teacher should be armed in order to protect their students.

Prison, you've invented a prison.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Obviously preparing the students for when they get old enough to be sent to the adult version - a slave labour camp of GOP dreams.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://news.yahoo.com/ted-cruz-storms- ... 36605.html
Senator Ted Cruz stormed off in the middle of an interview after a Sky News journalist asked why school mass shootings seem to “only happen in America” during a vigil for the 21 people killed at Robb Elementary School.

Mark Stone, a US foreign correspondent for the news outlet, asked the Texas senator after the vigil attended by hundreds mourning the 19 children and two teachers murdered on Tuesday if now was the time to enact reform on gun laws in the US.
:snippity:
The reporter then grilled the senator further, digging into why the country that the senator alleged was the “safest country on Earth” had experienced 288 school shooting between 2009 and 2018.

“Why only in America? Why is this American exceptionalism so awful?” Mr Stone asked.

“You know, I’m sorry you think American exceptionalism is awful. You’ve got your political agenda. God love you,” Mr Cruz replied before storming away to dodge more of the reporter’s questions.

The Sky News team then followed the Texas lawmaker and continued to throw questions in his direction, specifically asking repeatedly why these kind of mass shootings seem to “only happen in America”.

As he and his team were darting away from the on-the-spot interview, Mr Cruz answered some of the reporter’s questions, calling the team “propagandists” and then closed by defending his claim from earlier that the US was one of the safest in the world by saying: “Why is it that people come from all over the world to America? Because it’s the freest, most prosperous, safest country on Earth.”
:snippity:
Dave from down under

Sky News is pretty right wing.
Dave from down under

Correction - Mark Stone is with Sky News (UK)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_News

As opposed to:
Sky News Australia is an Australian conservative news provider owned by News Corp Australia. Originally launched on 19 February 1996 as Australia's first domestic news channel, it broadcasts rolling news coverage throughout the day, while its prime time lineup is dedicated to opinion-based programs featuring conservative commentators.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:20 am
Helen Kennedy 🌻 @HelenKennedy wrote: Three (3) armed officers shot at the gunman. How many does each school need?
Ted Cruz @tedcruz wrote: Enough is enough.

We need to act by hardening school security and hiring armed police officers to keep our kids safe.
When I tuned into FoxNews yesterday, the consensus was 4-5 armed officers at EACH access point, FWIW. Clearly, three aren't enough. Also, unscalable fences encircling the school, allowing access only at designated access points. Further, every classroom door should be locked at all times, and teacher should be armed in order to protect their students.

Prison, you've invented a prison.
Which they can privatize and Betsy Devos and family can make billions!

Brilliant!

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https:// twitter.com/1DOPEKEV/status/1529893986227302401

These mass shootings happen so much that Ted Cruz really got a template ready to tweet whenever they occur. Shits wild

Edit: Debunked. Thanks SM.
raison de arizona

That's intense.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Kendra wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:42 pm
These mass shootings happen so much that Ted Cruz really got a template ready to tweet whenever they occur. Shits wild
Wow. This shit is insane.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks SM for finding that.
raison de arizona

You know, I'm interested that it is fake, but really the initial impact it had on me is not lessened. May as well been the exact same thing every time for how much things have changed.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:10 am Correction - Mark Stone is with Sky News (UK)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_News

As opposed to:
Sky News Australia is an Australian conservative news provider owned by News Corp Australia. Originally launched on 19 February 1996 as Australia's first domestic news channel, it broadcasts rolling news coverage throughout the day, while its prime time lineup is dedicated to opinion-based programs featuring conservative commentators.
Sky New Australia is a Murdoch imprint. It is a honeypot for all Australian RWNJ talking heads, commentary, and ratbags. Its number one piece of talent shit is a guy named Andrew Bolt, a convicted bigot (in a real court trying real charges).

Fortunately, it is available only on Foxtel cable and other Fox subsidiaries, which is to say not at all in this household.

Sky News in the UK appears to be owned by Comcast now, paired with NBC. I have no idea if the idiotorial approach changed when Murdoch sold it to Comcast.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

keith wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:40 am Sky News in the UK appears to be owned by Comcast now, paired with NBC. I have no idea if the idiotorial approach changed when Murdoch sold it to Comcast.
I don't know anything about the ownership of Sky News UK, but I don't recall it ever being criticized for Fox News style bias. I notice on my Twitter feed a fair number of compliments about it's political correspondents and preventers on their questioning of the Conservative (right wing) government, sometimes comparing them with BBC News which runs scared of the government (who want to destroy it, because the UK government's overarching policy appears to be destruction of the UK's public services, economy, environment, legal structures and international reputation!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

At the NRA convention, Ted says the reasons for mass shootings are absent fathers, declining church attendance, social media, and video games.
Dave from down under

But definitely not guns.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Boy, he threw the unlocked doors under the bus pretty quick, didn't he?

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras »

Cruz makes a big deal of the fact that a back door to the school was unlocked, but if it had been locked that AR-15 would have blown the lock off.
Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras »

I'm not sure about absent fathers but other countries, such as Canada, England, Australia, also have declining church attendance, social media, and video games, yet they don't have mass shootings. Maybe Cruz could ask those other countries what their secret is, if he can learn their language to ask.
Dave from down under

If he asked, he wouldn’t listen.
raison de arizona

Smarmy piece of shit.
Scott Shapiro @scottjshapiro wrote: He came up to Ted Cruz even though the restaurant has one door
philip lewis @Phil_Lewis_ wrote: Someone heckled Ted Cruz while he was eating at a restaurant last night

“19 children died! That’s on your hands! Ted Cruz, that’s on your hands!”
Mickey Hines @mickhines wrote: "Ted Cruz is grateful for the heroes in law enforcement and first responders who responded to the scene and stopped the heckler."
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Current Politics”