Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

PA Election Audit Review: Pennsylvania Republicans' Dead-End Insanity

tek

Re: PA Election Audit Review: Pennsylvania Republicans' Dead-End Insanity

Post by tek »

Hey Doug!

Ever hear of thing called "chain of custody?"

There is no positive way to determine that random jackoffs didn't do random things to a voting machine.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:33 pm There's a lot I don't know about the voting/registration process, but I don't understand why someone gives up the right to vote just because they haven't voted in so many elections. I also don't understand why if it's possible to give someone a Social Security number when they are born, one can't also be given a voter registration number that would follow her the rest of her life.
Were you in PA back during the mid-90s and the attempts to link voter registration and getting your driver's license? So much clutching of pearls at how it would open the floodgates to fraud and other excuses that really just came down to 'we need to make voting harder so people with fewer means are less likely to do it'.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Pennsylvania Decertifies County's Voting System After Audit
By Marc Levy and Mark Scolforo •
Published July 21, 2021 • Updated on July 21, 2021 at 4:24 pm

Degraffenreid, an appointee of Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf, notified Fulton County officials in a letter Tuesday that the inspection violated state law. It was done in a manner that “was not transparent or bipartisan” and the firm had “no knowledge or expertise in election technology,” Degraffenreid wrote.

“I have no other choice but to decertify the use of Fulton County’s leased Dominion Democracy Suite 5.5A voting system last used in the November 2020 election,” Degraffenreid wrote.

Pennsylvania’s election law gives counties the duty to “maintain proper chain of custody” of ballots and voting systems, requirements that ensure that any election is conducted transparently and that voting systems are not compromised, Degraffenreid wrote.

Voting systems that pass anti-tampering tests are certified by states. The U.S. Election Assistance Commission accredits labs to test voting machines and provides guidance to states on how to maintain a chain of custody over voting systems.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/po ... t/2888379/
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

tek wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:10 pm Hey Doug!

There is no positive way to determine that random jackoffs didn't do random things to a voting machine.
Or as I just intended to post: get a qualified company to inspect voting machines and keep control over the chain of custody, then nobody will complain about an audit.

From what I understand is that the PA Congress can audit stuff, and I guess that includes voting machines, but it requires qualified contractors if no government staff is used as part of the audit. And I understand that the audit is a state level right and does not allow counties to tamper with stuff.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:29 pm
tek wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:10 pm Hey Doug!

Or as I just intended to post: get a qualified company to inspect voting machines and keep control over the chain of custody, then nobody will complain about an audit.

From what I understand is that the PA Congress can audit stuff, and I guess that includes voting machines, but it requires qualified contractors if no government staff is used as part of the audit. And I understand that the audit is a state level right and does not allow counties to tamper with stuff.
Worth mentioning is that this isn't just secretaries of state randomly decertifying machines, this comes at the express direction of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, who agreed "no comprehensive methods exist to fully rehabilitate the compromised equipment or provide adequate assurance that they remain safe to use."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neeneko wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:14 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:33 pm There's a lot I don't know about the voting/registration process, but I don't understand why someone gives up the right to vote just because they haven't voted in so many elections. I also don't understand why if it's possible to give someone a Social Security number when they are born, one can't also be given a voter registration number that would follow her the rest of her life.
Were you in PA back during the mid-90s and the attempts to link voter registration and getting your driver's license? So much clutching of pearls at how it would open the floodgates to fraud and other excuses that really just came down to 'we need to make voting harder so people with fewer means are less likely to do it'.
I was here then and remember it. I didn't pay as much attention to it as I would today, but I know you can register to vote when you renew your driver's license. I went from Independent to Democratic at the license center.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

I don't think they are giving up the right to vote, just deregistered. You can always reregister. In the meanwhile, your local district isn't setting up for people who aren't going to show up. The number would be useful, but you'd still need to deregister the IDs of the people who never show up.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

It seems to be arbitrary. And from what I remember Kemp is Governor of Georgia largely because of throwing a huge number of Black Georgians off the voter rolls based on the "fact" that they hadn't voted in recent elections. I don't know how many people were dropped from the voter rolls who had in fact voted not only in recent elections, but some had voted every election since they because eligible, and were dropped anyway. This is among Republicans favorite tactics, because they can throw someone off the rolls, that person has no idea they were thrown off the rolls, they are denied the right to vote when they show up to vote and then it can be "corrected" after it's too late for this particular election. Then, they can be dropped again for the next election because they didn't vote in this one. It's a real racket, like everything else Republicans seem to do lately.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Not only that, but someone showing up to vote who is not on the roles can also be described as someone who tried to 'fraudulently' vote when talking about problems with voting.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:16 am
It seems to be arbitrary. And from what I remember Kemp is Governor of Georgia largely because of throwing a huge number of Black Georgians off the voter rolls based on the "fact" that they hadn't voted in recent elections. I don't know how many people were dropped from the voter rolls who had in fact voted not only in recent elections, but some had voted every election since they because eligible, and were dropped anyway. This is among Republicans favorite tactics, because they can throw someone off the rolls, that person has no idea they were thrown off the rolls, they are denied the right to vote when they show up to vote and then it can be "corrected" after it's too late for this particular election. Then, they can be dropped again for the next election because they didn't vote in this one. It's a real racket, like everything else Republicans seem to do lately.
Kemp wrote the playbook on voter suppression in GA while he was SoS for Deal. The favored tactic is jury summons. In the months proceeding the elections large numbers of them are sent to poor communities [jury pay is only $35 a day], when you don't show the clerk notes it in the database. That database is linked to the county voter rolls, no show, you're automatically removed from the voter roll. You won't find out until you go to vote, and hence why the stat GQP wants to get rid of same day registration.

That's only the beginning...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

For sure, the registration is tied to the jury selection. I changed my registration from Independent to Democratic in 2012. In less than a month, I had a summons for jury duty. That may be the opposite, but it shows the relationship.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Well that’s a lot of bullshit, but the heckling was nice.
7/23/21 - Reaction to the Pennsylvania Department of State’s decision to decertify Fulton County’s election systems.
VIDEO: Senator Doug Mastriano remarks at the Fulton County Courthouse to announce his reaction to the Pennsylvania Department of State’s decision to decertify Fulton County’s election systems.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I repeat. He wants to be our next governor.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:19 am I repeat. He wants to be our next governor.
I wanna bang Liz Hurley and Zooey Deschanel, preferably at the same time. :thumbsup:

We're all gonna have to get used to disappointment, :bag:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Gregg wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:19 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:19 am I repeat. He wants to be our next governor.
I wanna bang Liz Hurley and Zooey Deschanel, preferably at the same time. :thumbsup:

We're all gonna have to get used to disappointment, :bag:
"A man's reach must exceed his grasp or what's a heaven for" or something of that elk.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

He kept giving the OK sign.

M OK2.JPG
M OK2.JPG (33.03 KiB) Viewed 3369 times

M OK3.JPG
M OK3.JPG (35.35 KiB) Viewed 3369 times

M OK4.JPG
M OK4.JPG (32.97 KiB) Viewed 3369 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I haven’t gone clubbing, ever, but I remember being at parties in the 80s where bullet-headed guys danced like I’m about to describe, and I’ve always assumed they did at clubs too:

Arms stiff at their sides, they bounce stiffly to the beat, bounces getting higher, more forceful, more angry, until they’re vertical battering rams. Suddenly, they lean and bounce and away they go, bouncing angrily yet gleefully through the crowd, gathering speed, crashing like cannons into each other and innocent dancers until a huge fight breaks out.

That’s who Mastriano reminds me of. In every way possible.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Is that the pogo dance thing found in the punk rock scene? Probably found itself in mosh pits.

I developed a dislike for being in crowds in high school and beyond. This meant I missed stuff like mosh pits and the pogo.
101010 :towel:
wavey davey

Post by wavey davey »

Phoenix wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:45 pm I haven’t gone clubbing, ever, but I remember being at parties in the 80s where bullet-headed guys danced like I’m about to describe, and I’ve always assumed they did at clubs too:

Arms stiff at their sides, they bounce stiffly to the beat, bounces getting higher, more forceful, more angry, until they’re vertical battering rams. Suddenly, they lean and bounce and away they go, bouncing angrily yet gleefully through the crowd, gathering speed, crashing like cannons into each other and innocent dancers until a huge fight breaks out.

Pricks with ears.

Image Image ImageImage
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

northland10 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:11 pm Is that the pogo dance thing found in the punk rock scene? Probably found itself in mosh pits.

I developed a dislike for being in crowds in high school and beyond. This meant I missed stuff like mosh pits and the pogo.
Slam dancing, how I spent many a night at the Mabuhay Gardens back in the late 70s-mid 80s.
Image Image Image Image
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I heard a story once in Dublin of this 15 year old who had bought a ticket to the floor with no idea what he was getting himself into, and his Dad came along to take care of him. Needless to say ht found himself in the middle of a mosh battle, terrified out of his mind with his father trying to cover him and no idea how to get out of it. Then these 5 metal heads came over and asked were they ok, sused the situation out in no time, then formed a wedge and literally beat a path out of the pit throwing punks and assorted other metalheads outa the way.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Phoenix wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:45 pm I haven’t gone clubbing, ever, but I remember being at parties in the 80s where bullet-headed guys danced like I’m about to describe, and I’ve always assumed they did at clubs too:

I think he does a reasonably decent impression of Jeff Bezo's spaceship.

raison de arizona

Aw man, audit the vote and get the t-shirt!
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:39 pm Aw man, audit the vote and get the t-shirt!
I love his pricing scheme -- it's so non-traditional. It starts at $35 for the small size, and increases by a $1 for each sizer larger. But Teddy looks like he is wearing a 3XL in his promo photo, which is not even an option.

I like this grift. :thumbsup:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Ten dollars and change at Custom Ink. He's gonna make a nice little stack on those.

https://www.customink.com/designs/airfo ... %20desktop

Return to “"Forensic Audits" of State Elections 2020”