Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

PA Election Audit Review: Pennsylvania Republicans' Dead-End Insanity

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

PA Election Audit Review: Pennsylvania Republicans' Dead-End Insanity

Post by Luke »

Here we go again. These are turning into the election litigation farces of a few months ago. It's insane that state officials are listening to a tiny group of screamers, independents hate this and rational people have moved on. As with Arizona, the GOP does this nonsense at their peril; by not focusing on 2022 and staying stuck in November 2020, they are going to blow the election (again).

Pennsylvania Senate GOP edges toward Arizona-style election audit
BY REID WILSON - 06/21/21 12:43 PM EDT

A top Pennsylvania Republican says he supports an audit of the state’s presidential election results similar to a review being conducted in Arizona, raising the potential for other states to spend taxpayer money investigating former President Trump’s false claims of improprieties and fraud. Pennsylvania state Sen. David Argall (R), who heads the Senate State Government Committee that has oversight of election administration, told reporters he supports another look at the Pennsylvania results. “It’s a very careful recount, forensic audit, so yeah, I don’t see the danger in it,” Argall said during a forum with reporters from Spotlight PA, a consortium of media companies from across the state. “I just think that it would not be a bad idea at all to proceed with an audit similar to what they’re doing in Arizona.”

Argall, a political scientist who teaches at Penn State Schuylkill, acknowledged two other audits of Pennsylvania’s votes that have already taken place and which confirmed President Biden’s victory in the perennial swing state. But he said he would back yet another count as a way to address the mistrust in election results he hears from constituents in his home district. “I am not hung up on how exactly the audit is completed. I just think that we should complete one,” he said. “I think it needs to be independent. I think there is going to be mistrust if the same people who conducted the election conduct the audit.”

Biden carried Pennsylvania’s 20 electoral votes by a margin of more than 80,000 votes, or more than 1 percentage point, a wider margin than Trump’s victory there in 2016. Biden won 3.45 million votes in Pennsylvania, more than any presidential contender in the commonwealth’s history. Trump has repeatedly pushed Republicans to conduct audits of election results in states he lost. In a statement last week, Trump criticized both Argall and state Senate President Pro Tempore Jake Corman (R) for their inaction. “Why is State Senator Jake Corman of Pennsylvania fighting so hard that there not be a Forensic Audit of the 2020 Presidential Election Scam? Corman is fighting as though he were a Radical Left Democrat, saying that a Forensic Audit of Pennsylvania not take place,” Trump said in the statement. “Why is Senator David Argall playing the same game? Are they stupid, corrupt, or naive?” A spokesman for Corman did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday morning.

The Republican-controlled state House in Pennsylvania has rejected any potential audit, and Corman has been coy about the prospects of the state Senate funding its own count. Argall’s committee has subpoena power, but funding an audit would likely require the legislature to approve an appropriation. Republican legislators from at least 10 states have visited Arizona to observe the state Senate-ordered audit of votes cast in Maricopa County. That audit has been riddled with allegations of security lapses and wild conspiracy theories, and auditors have not claimed to have found any wrongdoing. Some of those legislators have returned home to states like Georgia, Utah and Michigan demanding their own audits. At least one Pennsylvania legislator, state Sen. Doug Mastriano (R), who also participated in the Jan. 6 rally that led to the Capitol insurrection in Washington, was among the political tourists observing the count.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... tion-audit

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: PA Election Audit Review: Pennsylvania Republicans' Dead-End Insanity

Post by raison de arizona »

They're going to need to secure another cabin in Montana for all those PA ballots.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tek

Post by tek »

“I am not hung up on how exactly the audit is completed. I just think that we should complete one,” he said. “I think it needs to be independent. I think there is going to be mistrust if the same people who conducted the election conduct the audit.”
That's gibberish.. if you don't care about "how exactly the audit is completed" then you don't know what you are trying to prove, and you won't know when you've proven or refuted it..

Should we have toddlers at a daycare tell us if the ballots are "pretty" ??
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

tek wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:30 pm That's gibberish.. if you don't care about "how exactly the audit is completed" then you don't know what you are trying to prove, and you won't know when you've proven or refuted it..
Also, if one did not care how the audit was completed, one would simply accept the results of the one that already happened.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

neeneko wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:42 pm
tek wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:30 pm That's gibberish.. if you don't care about "how exactly the audit is completed" then you don't know what you are trying to prove, and you won't know when you've proven or refuted it..
Also, if one did not care how the audit was completed, one would simply accept the results of the one that already happened.
My take, same as the AZ Senate head, he knows that whatever "audit" they do is legally irrelevant, only a game to impress the former impotus and his voter base. I wonder how far they will go once the funds needs to be granted. Also too, which organization will take over their audit? I have the impressoion that those guys from the AZ clown show will end up discredited and not selectable.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm telling you, an actual audit wouldn't need to look at the actual ballots, and surely shouldn't be posing as an audit when what it it, is an unsanctioned recount.

An audit would compare how many ballots were issued to each Precinct Judge in the state, and did his count of voted, spoiled and unused and returned ballots added up to the same number. An audit would check that the receipt numbers on every absentee ballot matched the one sent to the voter who returned it. An Audit would look to see if the county processed the correct number of ballots from each polling place and the number counted equaled the number of ballots voted in each precinct, as reported by the precinct judge.

All things that very clearly assure a fair and free election, none of which involves knocking on people's doors.

Simply put, an audit of an election is a matter of tracking ballots, not counting them. Because if you put a serial number on every absentee ballot envelope and you check that all the serial numbers that come back match the ones sent out, you're pretty damn sure that someone didn't slip you 80,000 fake ballots on bamboo paper from China. If you check that Bumkis County, Bellend City, Whatphuc School District, Precinct A reported that the county gave him 500 blank ballots (also all with stubs that have serial numbers) and he had 100 people vote, 3 ballots where the olders messed up and asked to start over and he returned 100 voted ballots, 3 spoiled ballots and 397 blank ballots.... well, when you think about that a minute that's stuff you just can't fake. When you divide 30 million people into all the counties, districts, precincts, specials and all that, a state might well have 1,000 different ballot forms for an election. None of which would have more than X number of registered voters, by the way.

Another thing a audit would look for, if you was huntin' sneaky Chinese Bamboo Ballots was were there any precincts, counties, school districts etc... that had a significantly different voter turnout, and why? A jurisdiction with lots of people who only voted the top lines and didn't check a box for or against a levy to build a retirement home for aging hookers. These are all things that would have to be faked, and faked in a few days because a lot of ballot measures aren't final until 15 days before early voting starts. See, them sneaky fellers from the far east can't just dump 80,000 "BIDEN" votes in and not get it past a real audit because 80,000 people who voted for Biden but didn't vote for the school levy or the new Cannabis Farmers Market zoning request would kind of stick out.

Again, I don't need to see a single ballot yet. And this, kids, is a far and away more effective "Audit" than anything the Phuckstik Militia is doing in Arizona.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

But…but…but how do you audit the ballots that were changed from Italy and the chickens that ate them? :shrug: :shrug:

Or something derpy. :bored: :bored:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

jemcanada2 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:47 pm But…but…but how do you audit the ballots that were changed from Italy and the chickens that ate them? :shrug: :shrug:

Or something derpy. :bored: :bored:
I want the chickens, and when they were hatched, fed the ballots and broiled (or other method of making Original Recipe out of them), plus all the shipping documents for any Italian Dressing, Pizza and Cannolis sold in the State for 30 days before the election till 5 days after.

Take the Cannolis, leave the gun

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

There are no chicken cannolis. :fingerwag:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

neeneko wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:42 pm
:yeahthat: x a zillion.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

There will be no end to the fraudit(s). Our new norm. Add it to gun violence, COVID, and poverty.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

They don't want an audit. They want (in)validation. And they don't care how they get it.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:43 pm They don't want an audit. They want (in)validation. And they don't care how they get it.
Little more than taxpayer funded campaign material.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:42 am There will be no end to the fraudit(s). Our new norm. Add it to gun violence, COVID, and poverty.
Poverty is a new norm?
101010 :towel:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

northland10 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:30 pm
p0rtia wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:42 am There will be no end to the fraudit(s). Our new norm. Add it to gun violence, COVID, and poverty.
Poverty is a new norm?
It's pretty much an already existing norm for millions.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Sorry, too much in my head.

The new norm, or life on Earth 2, is where Republicans argue the exact opposite of what is true. Exclusively. The "new" part is adding the idea of the fraudit (and the attendant attacks on local election officials) to the existing list (guns, violence, and the recent COVID response).

We need more guns to end gun violence.
Health mitigation efforts make COVID worse.
Helping people increases poverty.
We need partisan audits* to end nonexistant partisan fraud.

And dozens more.

It's a pattern.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

That makes more sense.

Oddly, they seem to be forgetting that tax cuts will fix COVID, election fraud, and Donnie losing. Tax cuts fix everything. They are forgetting their baseline faith.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

We are at the point where Republicans feel they must insure the country suffers because they can't let the people see Democrats ease their suffering. If Joe Biden could make everything better, make cars run on pollution and emit beer, cut taxes, cure cancer and make chocolate calorie free, Ted fekkin' Cruz would be on Fox News talking about we need people to have Cancer and Joe Manchin would say if we want chocolate that's good for us, we need that to be a bipartisan thing and he can't support it unless Mitch McConnel likes the kind of beer the cars put out and Mitch says we need to make sure no billionaire should have to pay for any of it and even then,, no, because...reasons.

The country will remain phucked up until we have 3 generations where even admitting you knew a Republican will disqualify you, you family and friends from holding any position of public trust higher up than assistant to the guy who cleans up dogshit in public parks.

The little park, not the big ones.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

And I will live to piss on Mitch McConnel's grave. He, even more than Trump, is to blame for most of what's been wrong for 30 years.

:fuckyou:

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:19 am And I will live to piss on Mitch McConnel's grave. He, even more than Trump, is to blame for most of what's been wrong for 30 years.

That's the reason I call him Dark Lord of the Mitch. While Dems have been playing political tidily winks, he's been brainwashing his people that the Dem are the enemies of America.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:56 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:19 am And I will live to piss on Mitch McConnel's grave. He, even more than Trump, is to blame for most of what's been wrong for 30 years.

That's the reason I call him Dark Lord of the Mitch. While Dems have been playing political tidily winks, he's been brainwashing his people that the Dem are the enemies of America.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:26 am :yeahthat:

:yeahthat: Earlier today I got a text message from a friend who said he wished Trump would drop dead of a heart attack, and can that please happy NOW! I responded yes, and I want Mitch McConnell to drop dead today too. It will take decades to undo the damage done by Mitch McConnell already. We can't take much more of him.
--Colin Kaepernick
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Am I a bad person when, a few months ago, McConnell appeared to be covered with bruises covering his entire arm and part of his neck/face and thought, Hopefully it won't be long now?

Fuck it. Don't care.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “"Forensic Audits" of State Elections 2020”