Arkansas Governor 2022

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by raison de arizona »

I used to have to fly out to Arkansas frequently because the company I worked for was acquired by a company headquartered in Conway, Arkansas. Frog suck, toad slurp, whatever it was they called it. I learned a few things there, like about how dry counties work, in regards to private clubs where you can pay a dollar for membership and drink. And more importantly, to never judge someone's intelligence by their drawl. I met some truly brilliant programmers there who had accents so thick you could cut them with a flat rock.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by bill_g »

How did all the post dates move into 2023? The great majority of this thread is now in the future.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Foggy »

I think I left the TARDIS sometime in the 8th century B.C. :oopsy:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:02 pm :bag:
:bighug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:06 pm I think I left the TARDIS sometime in the 8th century B.C. :oopsy:
Son, I see you did not sign out the keys. :fingerwag:
pipistrelle

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by pipistrelle »

All of you are being harsh. Overall Arkansas moved up in rank from 45 to 44 in the last year. :fingerwag:
Volkonski
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Volkonski »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:05 am All of you are being harsh. Overall Arkansas moved up in rank from 45 to 44 in the last year. :fingerwag:
The new governor will get Arkansas back down to 45 or lower in short order.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Kendra »

Impeccable timing to say you don’t want the EPA in your state.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by raison de arizona »

JFC she's bound and determined to make the entire state a superfund site.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:54 am JFC she's bound and determined to make the entire state a superfund site.
Natural Environment is one of the categories where Arkansas is not in the bottom 10, at #30. (Opportunity and Fiscal Stability are others.)
Resume18

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Resume18 »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:13 am
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:54 am JFC she's bound and determined to make the entire state a superfund site.
Natural Environment is one of the categories where Arkansas is not in the bottom 10, at #30. (Opportunity and Fiscal Stability are others.)
She just got in; give her time.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:nooo:

Arkansas is a beautiful state. It's officially "The Natural State". My hope is that she is so poor at governing that she is all talk and press conferences and no action.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:37 am :nooo:

Arkansas is a beautiful state. It's officially "The Natural State". My hope is that she is so poor at governing that she is all talk and press conferences and no action.
It's not her you have to worry about, it's the "burn it all down" sycophants that she'll jackhammer into positions...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ild-labor/
Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders (R) signed into law this week legislation that rolls back significant portions of the state’s child labor protections.

The law eliminates requirements for the state to verify the age of children younger than 16 before they can take a job.

Sanders believes the provision was “burdensome and obsolete,” spokeswoman Alexa Henning said in an emailed statement. Remaining state and federal regulations are still in effect, she said. Sanders signed the Republican-backed bill on Tuesday.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

:bag: 1000
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by AndyinPA »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:20 pm :bag: 1000
You aren't responsible. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by keith »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:16 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ild-labor/
Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders (R) signed into law this week legislation that rolls back significant portions of the state’s child labor protections.

The law eliminates requirements for the state to verify the age of children younger than 16 before they can take a job.

Sanders believes the provision was “burdensome and obsolete,” spokeswoman Alexa Henning said in an emailed statement. Remaining state and federal regulations are still in effect, she said. Sanders signed the Republican-backed bill on Tuesday.
Cross posted from the 'Jobs' thread a couple of days ago:

Labor Department Finds 31 Children Cleaning Meatpacking Plants
Packers Sanitation Services, a food safety contractor, hired children as young as 13 to clean dangerous equipment on overnight shifts, the department said. Several suffered chemical burns.
The Labor Department found that Packers employed at least 31 children, ranging in age from 13 to 17, who cleaned dangerous equipment with corrosive cleaners during overnight shifts at three slaughtering and meatpacking facilities: a Turkey Valley Farms plant in Marshall, Minn., and JBS USA plants in Grand Island, Neb., and Worthington, Minn.

Their jobs included cleaning kill floors, meat- and bone-cutting saws, grinding machines and electric knives, according to court documents. The mix of boys and girls were not fluent English speakers and were interviewed mostly in Spanish, investigators said.

The Labor Department found that several minors employed by the company, including one 13-year-old, suffered caustic chemical burns and other injuries. One 14-year-old, who worked from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. five to six days a week, suffered injuries from chemical burns from cleaning machines used to cut meat. School records showed that the student fell asleep in class or missed class because of the job at the plant.
According to court documents, the Labor Department believes Packers may employ minor children under similar conditions at other plants.
Burdonsome and obsolete my ass.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by keith »

And another just for good measure.

Exclusive: Hyundai subsidiary has used child labor at Alabama factory
LUVERNE, Alabama, July 22 (Reuters) - A subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co has used child labor at a plant that supplies parts for the Korean carmaker's assembly line in nearby Montgomery, Alabama, according to area police, the family of three underage workers, and eight former and current employees of the factory.

Underage workers, in some cases as young as 12, have recently worked at a metal stamping plant operated by SMART Alabama LLC, these people said. SMART, listed by Hyundai in corporate filings as a majority-owned unit, supplies parts for some of the most popular cars and SUVs built by the automaker in Montgomery, its flagship U.S. assembly plant.
Reuters learned of underage workers at the Hyundai-owned supplier following the brief disappearance in February of a Guatemalan migrant child from her family's home in Alabama.

The girl, who turns 14 this month, and her two brothers, aged 12 and 15, all worked at the plant earlier this year and weren't going to school, according to people familiar with their employment. Their father, Pedro Tzi, confirmed these people's account in an interview with Reuters.

One former worker at SMART, an adult migrant who left for another auto industry job last year, said there were around 50 underage workers between the different plant shifts, adding that he knew some of them personally. Another former adult worker at SMART, a U.S. citizen who also left the plant last year, said she worked alongside about a dozen minors on her shift.

Another former employee, Tabatha Moultry, 39, worked on SMART's assembly line for several years through 2019. Moultry said the plant had high turnover and increasingly relied on migrant workers to keep up with intense production demands. She said she remembered working with one migrant girl who "looked 11 or 12 years old."

The girl would come to work with her mother, Moultry said. When Moultry asked her real age, the girl said she was 13. "She was way too young to be working in that plant, or any plant,"
Disappeared? Hiding from work or punishment or being trafficked or what?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by AndyinPA »

https://apnews.com/article/huckabee-san ... d8be37ecf6
Sanders signs Arkansas trans care malpractice bill into law

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders has signed into law legislation making it easier to sue providers of gender-affirming care for children, a move that could effectively reinstate a blocked ban on such care.

Sanders on Monday signed the new law, which won’t take effect until this summer. It would allow anyone who received gender-affirming care as a minor to file a malpractice lawsuit against their doctor for up to 15 years after they turn 18. Under current Arkansas law, medical malpractice claims must be filed within two years of an injury.

Legal experts have said the change could close access to gender-affirming care for children by making it nearly impossible for providers to get malpractice insurance.

The new law is among a growing number of bills targeting transgender people, who have faced increasingly hostile rhetoric at statehouses. At least 175 bills targeting trans people have been introduced in statehouses so far this year, the most in a single year, according to the Human Rights Campaign.

The bill was signed as a federal judge is considering whether to strike down a 2021 Arkansas law that would prohibit doctors from providing gender-affirming hormone therapy or puberty blockers to anyone under 18 — or referring them to other doctors who can provide that care. No gender-affirming surgery is performed on minors in the state.
Cross posting on LGBTQ thread.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

:bag: :bag: :bag:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by AndyinPA »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:18 pm :bag: :bag: :bag:
It's not your fault. :bighug:
Volkonski
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Volkonski »

Axios

Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders told journalists she intends to sign a bill this week that would create a monument to unborn children.

https://trib.al/CJS5xCl
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Phoenix520
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Phoenix520 »

It should be placed next to the monument to all the children and teachers who die in school shootings.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:06 pm It should be placed next to the monument to all the children and teachers who die in school shootings.
:stamp:
Kendra

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Kendra »

Return to “Governors & State Elections”