Replying to
@atrupar
Funds provided will be misused, misdirected, and poorly managed
:yeahthat:
humblescribe
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by humblescribe »

Maybe it is time for Arkansas to raise taxes just a little bit to cover these emergencies instead of having the rest of the nation bail them out?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
pipistrelle

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by pipistrelle »

humblescribe wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:30 pm Maybe it is time for Arkansas to raise taxes just a little bit to cover these emergencies instead of having the rest of the nation bail them out?
It's another way of owning them libs.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:59 pm
humblescribe wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:30 pm Maybe it is time for Arkansas to raise taxes just a little bit to cover these emergencies instead of having the rest of the nation bail them out?
It's another way of owning them libs.
Or it is Sarah admitting that Arkansas is actually a WELFARE state that can't take care of their own needs??? She want the fed to pay 100% of the recovery?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by raison de arizona »

Gov. Sanders wants to know how much you like her before you can be on a state board or commission

Looking to serve your state in some official capacity? First, kiss the ring.

The application form you must fill out to be considered for a post on state boards and commissions includes this question: “What is an accomplishment of the Governor’s that you admire the most?”
:snippity:
https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2023 ... commission

You get 500 words to drone on about that, but only 250 words to describe the book that defines your life.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by pipistrelle »

Such tiny, insecure people these are.
pipistrelle

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by pipistrelle »

It doesn't say which governor so can I pick one at random, like I dunno, Newsome?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:46 pm
Gov. Sanders wants to know how much you like her before you can be on a state board or commission

Looking to serve your state in some official capacity? First, kiss the ring.

The application form you must fill out to be considered for a post on state boards and commissions includes this question: “What is an accomplishment of the Governor’s that you admire the most?”
:snippity:
https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2023 ... commission

You get 500 words to drone on about that, but only 250 words to describe the book that defines your life.
As a spokesperson she must have attended cabinet meetings of the former guy and learnt how it is done :cantlook: :crying: :lol:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Phoenix520 »

:yeahthat:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bag: :bag: :bag:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:43 pm :bag: :bag: :bag:
Dear Cthulhu...when I escape the SE, I'm taking Third Grandma with me...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by pipistrelle »

Let us know how your application goes.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Phoenix520 »

Frater :bighug: :bighug:
You have a big heart, my dude.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:56 pm
Dear Cthulhu...when I escape the SE, I'm taking Third Grandma with me...
I love this grandboy!!!!!!!!💖💕
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:08 pm
Let us know how your application goes.
I could be a devious mole in the organization. Thanks, pipi!
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Sarah Sanders Asks Applicants What Accomplishment They Admire Most About Her
Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is asking applicants to serve on state boards and commissions to write explanations of what they admire about her leadership most, reported the Arkansas Times on Tuesday.

"Looking to serve your state in some official capacity? First, kiss the ring," wrote Austin Bailey. "The application form you must fill out to be considered for a post on state boards and commissions includes this question: 'What is an accomplishment of the Governor’s that you admire the most?'"

As Bailey noted, this portion of the questionnaire allows a full 500 words — which is twice the length of the question, "What book have you read that would best define your life and why?"

This questionnaire was first flagged by Nate Bell, a former Republican member of the Arkansas Legislature who now characterizes himself as a "politically homeless conservatarian" and compared Sanders' hiring practices to that of a "banana republic."

Sanders, who previously served as former President Donald Trump's White House Press Secretary and emerged back onto the national stage with a response to President Joe Biden's State of the Union Address described by one analyst as "dystopian," has been a frequent source of controversy.

She recently signed a measure in Arkansas to turbocharge school privatization while imposing a version of Florida's infamous "Don't Say Gay" law in classrooms.
https://www.rawstory.com/sarah-sanders- ... g-for-job/
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
pipistrelle

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by pipistrelle »

Good thing Huckabee has the feds to pay for Arkansas' disaster relief.

Arkansas Gov. Sanders signs $124 million tax cut into law
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Republican Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Monday signed into law a measure cutting individual and corporate income taxes in Arkansas by $124 million a year.

Sanders signed the bill she and legislative leaders backed that will cut the top individual income tax rate to 4.7% from 4.9%. The law also cuts the top corporate income tax rate to 5.1% from 5.3%.

State finance officials said that under the proposal, 1.1 million taxpayers who make more than $24,300 a year will receive a cut. Sanders, who took office in January, has called for phasing out the state’s income tax. Over the past several years, Sanders’ Republican predecessor, former Gov. Asa Hutchinson, and the majority-GOP Legislature enacted a series of cuts.

Lawmakers last week sent Sanders the tax cut legislation, one of the last remaining items before they wrapped up this year’s legislative session on Friday. The tax cut is projected to cost $186 million in its first year because it will take effect this year, the Department of Finance and Administration said.

Sanders also signed another bill that will cut income taxes for multi-state corporations by phasing out over seven years the “throwback rule.” That rule considers sales of tangible property as being within the state for tax purposes if they’re sold to the federal government or to other states that don’t collect the tax. The legislation will cost $10.6 million in the coming fiscal year and $74 million a year once fully implemented, according to the Department of Finance and Administration.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by bill_g »

Politicians should offer to take a similar pay cut to lower their burden upon the tax payers. But, that would just open them to *more* corruption.
tek

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by tek »

But the federal govt should pay for Arkansas' tornado costs.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by bill_g »

First they have to prove there was no consent. The tornado may have assumed Arkansas wanted it to visit because of state's location. After all, it is in Tornado Alley. Huckabee needs to prove this was an attack and that no prior consent was given or inferred to the tornado.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

Why is their deity punishing them :?: :think:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by AndyinPA »

They are being tested, doncha know? I am always stunned that it has never apparently crossed their minds that so much stuff going on could be a punishment.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Kendra »

:brickwallsmall:

Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

:bag:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Phoenix520 »

Honey, you single-handedly give me hope for Arkansas. Just as Sugar does for Mississippi. If there are good women like y’all involved in the affairs of your state, hope endures.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”