Arkansas Governor 2022

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

Note: new tidbit - mentions that lectern purchase was made while she was partying in Paris with friends
Sarah Huckabee Grows MORE DESPERATE after Meidas BUSTS HER for Lectern Fraud

MeidasTouch
21 Oct 2023

MeidasTouch host Ben Meiselas delivers part 3 of his series on Arkansas Republican Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders fraudulent scheme involving the sham purchase of a purported lectern with tax payer money in what is being referred to as LecternGate. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is growing more desperate with each passing day since a formal audit was announced and whistleblowers are coming forward.
Resume18

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Resume18 »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:03 pm Note: new tidbit - mentions that lectern purchase was made while she was partying in Paris with friends
Sarah Huckabee Grows MORE DESPERATE after Meidas BUSTS HER for Lectern Fraud

MeidasTouch
21 Oct 2023

MeidasTouch host Ben Meiselas delivers part 3 of his series on Arkansas Republican Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders fraudulent scheme involving the sham purchase of a purported lectern with tax payer money in what is being referred to as LecternGate. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is growing more desperate with each passing day since a formal audit was announced and whistleblowers are coming forward.
"In Paris France doncha-know," to paraquote Sara Palin.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
RTH10260

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Bans 'Woke' Words In Culture War Cluelessness
The Arkansas governor, who once served as Trump's press secretary, was criticized by the ACLU and LGBTQ+ advocates for the move.

Ron Dicker
Oct 20, 2023, 11:40 AM EDT

Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders (R) on Thursday signed an executive order banning “woke” and “anti-women” words from state documents. The culture war salvo got a thumbs-down from the ACLU and LGBTQ+ advocates.

Sanders, a Republican who served as White House press secretary under Donald Trump, aimed her wrath at inclusionary language, specifically around gender and childbirth.

Here are the forbidden terms and their now-mandatory replacements, per the order.
  • a. Rather than “pregnant people” or “pregnant person,” use “pregnant women” or “pregnant mom.”
    b. Rather than “chestfeeding,” use “breastfeeding.”
    c. Rather than “body fed” or “person fed,” use “breast fed.”
    d. Rather than “human milk,” use “breast milk.”
    e. Rather than “birthing person,” use “birth mom.”
    f. Rather than “laboring person,” use “birth mom.”
    g. Rather than “menstruating person” or “menstruating people,” use “woman” or “women.”
    h. Rather than “birth-giver,” use “woman.”
    i. Rather than “womxn” or “womyn,” use “woman.”
“Enough trying to erase women and girls,” the governor said at a press conference, which can be viewed below. “Enough denying our biolgical differences from men. And enough of the craziness that is taking over our country.”

“Today, we’re taking a stand against woke nonsense,” she declared.

Even Arkansas Surgeon General Dr. Kay Chandler chimed in. “Our governor won’t let political correctness get in the way of science,” Chandler said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sarah-hu ... 7cdbc26f38
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by bill_g »

Here is the EO issued last Thursday by Gov Huckachunk:

Link to Arkansas Governor's EO
pipistrelle

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by pipistrelle »

Arkansas is doing so great that it's good she can focus on the important things.
Arkansas’s score for 2022 is only marginally better than the previous year’s rank. For 2021, the state received a national ranking of 45th in the nation, with rankings as 47th in violent crimes per capita, 48th in infant mortality rate, and 39th in median annual family income.

Of the six states bordering Arkansas, all but one were ranked higher than the state.
Resume18

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Resume18 »

Even Arkansas Surgeon General Dr. Kay Chandler chimed in. “Our governor won’t let political correctness get in the way of science,” Chandler said
I'm betting Chandler is unfamiliar with the current science when it comes to trans-persons. Maybe not unfamiliar but willfully ignorant.
Suranis

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Suranis »

All those words she is banning sound ridiculous, and will probably go into the same dustbin as "intellectually challenged" without anyone doing anything.
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bag:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by bill_g »

Huckleberry should show us all those state docs that used those words.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bob

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by bob »

Suranis wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:16 pm All those words she is banning sound ridiculous, and will probably go into the same dustbin as "intellectually challenged" without anyone doing anything.
"Intellectually disabled" has been codified into law in various places, and is the preferred nomenclature for mental-health professionals.

Whether governments were leading or following, the efforts have had an impact.

So perhaps not the best example for your point.
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Suranis »

bob wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:09 pm
Suranis wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:16 pm All those words she is banning sound ridiculous, and will probably go into the same dustbin as "intellectually challenged" without anyone doing anything.
"Intellectually disabled" has been codified into law in various places, and is the preferred nomenclature for mental-health professionals.

Whether governments were leading or following, the efforts have had an impact.

So perhaps not the best example for your point.
I'm not sure what your point is. "Intellectually disabled" is not "intellectually Challenged." I'm part of the challenged community so its been easy enough for me to pay an interest. What, its almost an insult now?
bill_g wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:16 pm Huckleberry should show us all those state docs that used those words.
That's actually a very good question. The outrage community must be fed, I suppose.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by bill_g »

Dammit. Everybody sing to Whole Lotta Love -

You been stealin
Baby that's not sailin
We're gonna send ya
Ass to jailin

Gotta whole lotta dumb (guitar shred)

Apologizes to Zepplin fans. The streaming conciousness does what it does.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

Perfect! Led Zeppelin to the rescue!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RVInit »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Not sure how "women" are excluded from the word "person" but there is definitely exclusion going on the other way around. If anyone is offended by being called a person instead of woman, I'm not sure change of language can help such a problem.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Suranis

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Suranis »

RVInit wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:47 am :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not sure how "women" are excluded from the word "person" but there is definitely exclusion going on the other way around. If anyone is offended by being called a person instead of woman, I'm not sure change of language can help such a problem.
I remember when there was a push to call the Chair of a group "Chairperson" when Women began to become common for women to become Chairs. It fell away because people kinda did get insulted by being called "person," and the phrase was kinda awkward anyway. So "Chairman" and "Chairwoman" or "Madame Chairman" went into general use.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

Ben Meiselas speculates on "Lecterngate"

points new to me: the lectern has never phsically been spotted, no appearance but in images, and the amount transferred as presumed invoice was just below a $20K reporting limit, and the friend who is operating an event company has never made prior transactions in lecterns.
► Show Spoiler
Estiveo
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20231030_141740.jpg
Estiveoshot_20231030_141740.jpg (143.41 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Slim Cognito »

I LOVE it! This is why Halloween is my favorite holiday. People are so gosh-darn clever.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

Bravo!!!!!!
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

Perfect!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by raison de arizona »

Republican Appointed to Arkansas State Library Board Suggested Jesus Would Burn Books
Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders appointed former State Senator Jason Rapert to the board Monday

A former State Senator appointed by Republican Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders to the state library board previously suggested Jesus would have burned library books out in the yard.

Jason Rapert, who was appointed to a 6 year term on Monday, made the comments on September 9th, 2022 during his “Save the Nation” show while interviewing State Senator Dan Sullivan. Twitter user @gelderbailey flagged the comment.

During his show, Rapert implied that pushback to harsh words and actions are a “stench” to God:
“And you hear this stuff take off, and I see our own side get into this junk. And it really is a stench in the nostrils of God in my opinion because we see that Jesus, there were times even when Jesus went into the temple. He took a whip of cords that he made, and then he flogged people and run them out. Turned over the tables. Well, I don’t see Senator Sullivan and people going into the library and throwing books out in the yard and burning them and that sort of thing, but you know Jesus just might have done it himself if he was here.”
Huckabee Sanders just appointed someone to the state’s library board who believes his faith compels him to burn books. What’s next? Flogging librarians?

Huckabee Sanders is demonstrating the extreme appointments that MAGA Republicans like Trump will make if they have power.
https://www.meidastouch.com/news/republ ... burn-books
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Resume18

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:48 pm
Republican Appointed to Arkansas State Library Board Suggested Jesus Would Burn Books
Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders appointed former State Senator Jason Rapert to the board Monday

A former State Senator appointed by Republican Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders to the state library board previously suggested Jesus would have burned library books out in the yard.

Jason Rapert, who was appointed to a 6 year term on Monday, made the comments on September 9th, 2022 during his “Save the Nation” show while interviewing State Senator Dan Sullivan. Twitter user @gelderbailey flagged the comment.

During his show, Rapert implied that pushback to harsh words and actions are a “stench” to God:
“And you hear this stuff take off, and I see our own side get into this junk. And it really is a stench in the nostrils of God in my opinion because we see that Jesus, there were times even when Jesus went into the temple. He took a whip of cords that he made, and then he flogged people and run them out. Turned over the tables. Well, I don’t see Senator Sullivan and people going into the library and throwing books out in the yard and burning them and that sort of thing, but you know Jesus just might have done it himself if he was here.”
Huckabee Sanders just appointed someone to the state’s library board who believes his faith compels him to burn books. What’s next? Flogging librarians?

Huckabee Sanders is demonstrating the extreme appointments that MAGA Republicans like Trump will make if they have power.
https://www.meidastouch.com/news/republ ... burn-books
Yet another friggen theocrat.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”