Arkansas Governor 2022

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bag:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:03 pm :bag:
I feel for ya... :bighug:

Kemp is a scumbag, but at least he keeps quite about most of his fascist stuff...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

Sarah Sanders billed taxpayers $13K for college football kickoff party: records

Travis Gettys
November 16, 2023 10:47AM ET

Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders spent more than $13,000 in taxpayer funds for a kickoff party for the Arkansas Razorbacks 2023 football season at the governor's mansion, according to a report.

The invitation-only "Undefeated Party" took place Sept. 1, the night before the university played its first game of a season that has since seen the team go 3-7. It featured head coach Sam Pittman, three costumed mascots, the University of Arkansas cheerleaders and dance team and members of the school band, reported Arkansas Times.

The publicly funded Governor's Mansion Commission spent at least $13,081.36 on the bash, according to records provided by the Department of Transformation & Shared Services, including $1,429.22 for gingham-checked tablecloths purchased from Amazon.

The biggest expense by far was food, with nearly $4,500 purchased from food and beverage distributor Ben E. Keith.

The commission also paid $449.88 for 600 buttons from Jennifer Bethel, who appears to be an area sales manager for Dillard's Inc. and who Sanders purchased nearly $2,400 in personalized shirts and $1,000 in personalized jackets from earlier this year.

Other expenses include $812.50 for bamboo plates and pompoms, $778.50 in flowers, candles and tablescapes, and $600 for a DJ.

https://www.rawstory.com/sarah-huckabee ... -arkansas/
pipistrelle

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by pipistrelle »

Fortunately Arkansas is one of the richest states in the country, so no biggie.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

That’s the ticket!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

Sarah Huckabee Makes WORST DECISION of Her Life, WORST GOV Ever

MeidasTouch
27 Nov 2023

Governor Sara Huckabee can pardon a turkey but refuses to grant clemency and pardon an innocent man who has been rotting on Arkansas prisons for 32 years. Michael Popok of Legal AF details the sad case of an illiterate, developmentally challenged Charlie Vaughn, who is in jail for a crime another man confessed to, whom Huckabee ignores and tells to come back in 2030, to avoid being seen as soft on crime.

By Michael Popok MTN

RTH10260

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

as above
Arkansas Governor Denies Clemency to Innocent Man

Heidi •
Nov 22, 2023

Charlie Vaughn has been imprisoned 32 years for a murder someone else confessed to

It's about that time for politicians to spend an hour in front of cameras with turkeys. Liberty and Bell, two turkeys from a family farm outside of Willmar, Minnesota, were apparently shipped to Washington DC, in a stretch black Cadillac Escalade for their White House pardoning ceremony.

In Arkansas on Friday morning, the turkeys sat motionless on a table littered with fake leaves while Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders gave a speech granting them clemency. In this case, the usually light-hearted photo opportunity came in context with a darker, yet all too familiar backstory.

Radley Balko, an investigative journalist with the Arkansas Times, wrote a detailed, devastating piece about Sanders’ denial of Charlie Vaughn’s request for executive clemency. Vaughn, diagnosed with a developmental disability and mental illness, was convicted in 1991 for the 1988 murder of an elderly Fordyce, Arkansas woman. Vaughn was held in jail for a year and insisted on his innocence before a publicly assigned attorney advised him to confess in order to avoid the death penalty. Vaughn’s confession contradicted the facts of the crime, but the judge sentenced him to life in prison anyway, commenting, “I’m sure that some governor somewhere down the road will reduce the sentence or commute it to a term of years.”

In the 32 years since, Reginald Early, another one of the four men, confessed to the crime and insisted he had acted alone. A mountain of other evidence of Vaughn’s innocence has also come to light. As a result, the two other suspects had their convictions overturned. Yet because Vaughn, imprisoned, illiterate, and without an attorney, did not file a claim within a year, the state argued that he could not benefit from the new evidence. Federal courts rejected Vaughn’s appeals to be freed.

All of these facts contained in that report were presented to Sanders in a clemency petition filed by Vaughn’s attorney in June. When Vaughn’s attorney followed up in July with Sanders’ chief legal counsel Cortney Kennedy, he received this response; "The Governor completed her review of Mr. Vaughn’s file last week. Unfortunately, she has chosen not to grant clemency at this time. He will be able to reapply in 6 years, pursuant to statute."

https://www.endfmrnow.org/arkansas-gove ... nocent-man
Resume18

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Resume18 »

Just when you thought she couldn't get much scummier . . . Is everyone connected to Trump a scumbag?
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
June bug

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by June bug »

Resume18 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:52 pm Just when you thought she couldn't get much scummier . . . Is everyone connected to Trump a scumbag?
Guessing that was a rhetorical question, but yes. If they weren’t already when they met him, he turns ‘em into one.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

:bag: :bag: :bag:
Frater I*I

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:53 pm :bag: :bag: :bag:
Alright Third Grandma...you have got to get you crew to get press passes to hound the evil succubus on this issue at every event se goes to...

[Throws Holy Water in Arkansas' direction]...

"THE POWER OF MONEY COMPELS YOUS!! THE POWER OF MONRY COMPELS YOUS...!!!!"

I'll come in again....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

Biden administration ‘deeply alarmed’ by Arkansas’s rush to kick kids off Medicaid

Benjamin Hardy ON
December 18, 2023 5:05 pm

When Mike Huckabee was governor, he oversaw a huge increase in the percentage of Arkansas children with health insurance thanks to the then-visionary ARKids program.

His daughter, Gov. Sarah Sanders, has overseen an unprecedented shift in the opposite direction.

Some 78,500 Arkansas children lost Medicaid coverage between March and September, according to a presentation shared today by federal officials — an 18% decline over a seven-month period. Almost every state is removing enrollees from Medicaid, both children and adults, because of recent changes in the safety net program. But few states have been as harsh as Arkansas, which is among the top five in terms of both percentage decline in child Medicaid coverage and change in absolute enrollment numbers.

Xavier Becerra, the top Biden administration official for health and human services, sent a letter to Sanders Monday urging her to help children stay insured. Becerra said he was “deeply alarmed” by the 18% drop and reminded Arkansas that the U.S Health and Human Services Department has latitude to force states to change course if they’re not complying with federal Medicaid regulations. (Medicaid is a joint state-federal program.)

https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2023 ... f-medicaid

comment: seems to be one state among several that are not claiming federal funds.
pipistrelle

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by pipistrelle »

She wants them to work at dangerous jobs.

I don’t know what is wrong with her.
sugar magnolia

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by sugar magnolia »

Our backwards asses are in that number.
https://mississippitoday.org/2023/12/19 ... nrollment/
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm sure it's all Biden's fault.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

:bag:
Frater I*I

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:12 pm :bag:
:bighug: :bighug:

Trent Reznor
SuzieC
Verified:

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by SuzieC »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:18 pm She wants them to work at dangerous jobs.

I don’t know what is wrong with her.
She wants to be selected as Trump's VP.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

:yeahthat: plus she has Huckabee blood in her veins.
Frater I*I

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:42 pm :yeahthat: plus she has Huckabee Succubus blood in her veins.
Fixed it :biggrin:

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer

Arkansas Governor 2022

:rotflmao:
RTH10260

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

Judge threatens to dismiss lawsuit from Arkansas attorney general in prisons dispute
BY ANDREW DEMILLO
Updated 7:39 PM CET, December 20, 2023

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansas judge on Tuesday threatened to dismiss a lawsuit filed by the state’s attorney general against the Corrections Board that he would normally represent, the latest in a widening legal fight between the panel and Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders over prisons.

Pulaski County Circuit Judge Tim Fox on Tuesday criticized Attorney General Tim Griffin for filing a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against the Board of Corrections without arranging for a special counsel to represent the panel in the case. The judge said he’ll dismiss the lawsuit in 30 days if Griffin doesn’t reach an agreement with the board on a special counsel.

Griffin has accused the panel of violating the law when it hired an outside attorney in its dispute with Sanders over who runs the state prison system.

“The case, at this juncture, from a procedural standpoint, is that the attorney general has sued his own clients, in violation of his duties and responsibilities mandated to him by the Arkansas General Assembly,” Fox wrote.
RTH10260

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

Judge blocks Arkansas law that took away board’s ability to fire state corrections secretary

Dec. 15, 2023 at 4:02 pm
By ANDREW DeMILLO The Associated Press

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansas judge on Friday blocked a new law that took away the Board of Corrections’ authority over the state corrections secretary and other top officials, the latest in an escalating feud between the panel and Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders over the prison system.

Pulaski County Circuit Judge Patricia James granted the board’s request for a temporary restraining order the day after the panel filed a lawsuit and suspended Corrections Secretary Joe Profiri with pay.

The board argued that the law violated the state’s constitution by usurping its authority and giving the governor hiring and firing authority over the corrections secretary. Sanders appointed Profiri to the post, and he was confirmed by the panel earlier this year.

The move follows the Sanders’ administration’s plans to move forward with opening hundreds of new temporary prison beds that the board had not approved. Members of the board have said opening the temporary beds would jeopardize the safety of inmates and staff.

Arkansas’ prisons are currently above capacity, with more than 1,600 additional state inmates being held in county jails.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... secretary/
RTH10260

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

Arkansas moves to repeal decades-old desegregation measure: report

Gideon Rubin
April 13, 2023 8:06PM ET

Arkansas’ top law enforcement official has advanced new measures that from a civil rights standpoint would bring a large swath of a state with a history of discrimination back to the future.

Attorney General Tim Griffin earlier this week filed four briefs that aim to repeal federal desegregation supervision that would effectively exempt four South Arkansas school districts from state laws preventing students from enrolling in schools outside their home districts, The Arkansas Times reports.

The measure dovetails with Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ Arkansas LEARNS Act, an educational overhaul package that promotes vouchers. Proponents of the measure say it will create opportunities for low-income families, but critics say it will undermine public education.

Griffin’s filings aim to end federal desegregation supervision in Camden Fairview, Hope, Lafayette County and Junction City districts.

https://www.rawstory.com/arkansas-desegregation/
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Arkansas Governor 2022

Post by raison de arizona »

Tennesseine @Tennesseine wrote: For the record, @SarahHuckabee:

Arkansas has an infant mortality rate higher than many third-world countries.

It is one of the poorest states in America.

It has a very high rate of teen pregnancy.

It is consistently rated among the dumbest states.
The Intellectualist @highbrow_nobrow wrote: “People around the country are looking to Arkansas as a bastion of normal in an ever-crazier world.”

- Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders (R-AR)
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “Governors & State Elections”