Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Nancy Pelosi: former Speaker of the U.S. House, Nancy Patricia Pelosi; née D'Alesandro

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Nancy Pelosi: Speaker of the U.S. House, Nancy Patricia Pelosi; née D'Alesandro

Post by Slim Cognito »

trump and his MAGAts to start screaming "False flag!!" in 3..2...
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

New York Times Pitchbot @DougJBalloon wrote: Whether it’s liberals making fun of Kevin McCarthy or conservatives violently assaulting Nancy Pelosi‘s husband, both sides have shown a lack of respect for House leadership.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That's quite some both siderism. :brickwallsmall:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:26 pm That's quite some both siderism. :brickwallsmall:
It’s sarcasm.
raison de arizona

Acyn @Acyn wrote: CNN looked through the attackers social media. He posted YouTube videos concerned about the 2020 election and January 6th committee. Posted a lot of theories COVID origins and January 6th
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Foreshadowing?
Jo 🌻 @JoJoFromJerz wrote: “I want you to watch Nancy Pelosi hand me that gavel. It will be hard not to hit her with it…”

- Kevin McCarthy

The assailant who attacked Paul Pelosi was looking for Nancy.
And he brought a hammer.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Brain surgery.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:11 pm

Brain surgery.
Pelosi was taken to Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and underwent surgery, but not brain surgery, after Friday's attack, Nancy Pelosi's office clarified. Previous reports citing a hospital source said he was undergoing brain surgery.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

I've always been struck by the irony of Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital. The dude made his billions by allowing these villains to advertise their falsehoods on Facebook.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/politics ... ories-invs
Last year, David DePape posted links on his Facebook page to multiple videos produced by My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell falsely alleging that the 2020 election was stolen. Other posts included transphobic images and linked to websites claiming Covid vaccines were deadly.
raison de arizona

It bothers me that the news is treating the attacker's views as "fringe" and "conspiracy theories," when they are prominently featured on Fox News every day.

Anyway, it would be safe to say the Pelosi's alarm system and the speed of law enforcement's reaction saved Paul Pelosi's life. They literally witnessed the assault, that is how fast they reportedly got there.
Mike Sington @MikeSington wrote: Assailant entered the Pelosi home looking for Nancy Pelosi through these glass doors in the back of the house. Law enforcement experts believe that triggered an alarm that got the police to the home so quickly, they actually witnessed the attack on Pelosi’s husband.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

FWIW
from the tweat
sfchronicle wrote:San Francisco Police Chief Bill Scott said when officers arrived before 3 a.m. Friday, they found an adult male and Paul Pelosi both holding a hammer. The assailant allegedly pulled the hammer from Pelosi and beat him with it, Scott said.

Depape was booked on suspicion of attempted homicide, assault with deadly weapon and elder abuse.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:14 pm I’d bet a couple hundred that this is stochastic terrorism. Who’s pounding Pelosi on TV- Tucker? Hannity?
Stochastic terrorism is exactly the cause of this incident. It's been verified that this individual has social media filled with every flavor of conspiracy theory spewed daily on Fox Spews and other right wing media. I can't wait until Ticker Carlson, Sean Hannity and their ilk are someday sued by a victim of one of their many viewers who are getting amped up by the garbage they spew.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

I wonder what moved him to violent action after a decade and a half of blogging?
bob

Post by bob »

The story is even weirder:
Rolling Stone wrote:In a 2008 thread, [DePape] can be seen railing against the prospective loss of San Francisco’s public access cable station alongside a woman named Gypsy Taub, who wanted to produce a nude TV show for the station called My Naked Truth.
Taub, purportedly the mother of DePape's children, was a mostly harmless nudist activist; "mostly harmless":
On Aug. 26, 2021, a jury found defendant Oxane ["Gypsy"] Taub guilty of 20 counts-- from felony charges of stalking, dissuading a witness, and attempted child abduction to misdemeanor counts for violating protective orders and child molest.

The defendant, a 50-year-old woman, became fixated on a 14-year-old boy in 2018. Over the course of 14 months, she sent him numerous obsessive emails, created blogs directed at him, used his friends to send him messages and eventually tried to abduct him a few blocks from his school in Berkeley. While the case was pending, Taub also tried to dissuade the victim from testifying.
Image ImageImage
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

CBS News says Paul Pelosi has a skull fracture.

Of course, they then pivot immediately to "both-sides" and report that Lee Zeldin was subjected to a knife attack.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I watched the first few minutes of a *serious* Fox News show (Bret Baier). The reporter he had on filling in the details did note that condemnations/sympathy came from both sides of the aisle. Guess McConnell and a couple of others count as both sides :roll:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I don’t think anyone fully recovers from an attack like that, even if the injuries heal.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oxane is tetrahydropyran. :smoking:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:51 pm I don’t think anyone fully recovers from an attack like that, even if the injuries heal.
I think it depends on the individual Earthling and how they are built.

I thought my wife would be permanently affected by the tragedy she witnessed in 2006. Two boys - - the same age as our own two boys - - were hit by a car in front of our flower shop and killed. The car was going 45 mph, and the boys ran in front of it from behind another car, and the driver never had a chance to slow down.

It was a brutally, brutally ugly scene, and ol' Wifehorn ended up right in the middle of the street, helping an off-duty cop direct traffic so the ambulance could get to the dying boys. Two bloody, dying boys, the exact age as our boys. When she got home, she cried for six hours straight. Nothing I could say or do. She was inconsolable, and for good reason. I really thought she was going to have PTSD or whatever. It wasn't a good day. :(

But that lady is tough, and the whole episode is just a terrible memory now, that she doesn't think about. I haven't heard her mention it in forever. She lived through that and so much more, but she is indestructible and always optimistic.

I hope Paul Pelosi will be able to fully heal, inside and out. :pray:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

NYT wrote:A spokesman for the speaker said in a statement on Friday afternoon that Mr. Pelosi, 82, had undergone surgery “to repair a skull fracture and serious injuries to his right arm and hands,” and said that his doctors expected “a full recovery.”

in https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/10/28 ... the-attack
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Foggy wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:09 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:51 pm I don’t think anyone fully recovers from an attack like that, even if the injuries heal.
I think it depends on the individual Earthling and how they are built.

I thought my wife would be permanently affected by the tragedy she witnessed in 2006. Two boys - - the same age as our own two boys - - were hit by a car in front of our flower shop and killed. The car was going 45 mph, and the boys ran in front of it from behind another car, and the driver never had a chance to slow down.

It was a brutally, brutally ugly scene, and ol' Wifehorn ended up right in the middle of the street, helping an off-duty cop direct traffic so the ambulance could get to the dying boys. Two bloody, dying boys, the exact age as our boys. When she got home, she cried for six hours straight. Nothing I could say or do. She was inconsolable, and for good reason. I really thought she was going to have PTSD or whatever. It wasn't a good day. :(

But that lady is tough, and the whole episode is just a terrible memory now, that she doesn't think about. I haven't heard her mention it in forever. She lived through that and so much more, but she is indestructible and always optimistic.

I hope Paul Pelosi will be able to fully heal, inside and out. :pray:
Aidan has recovered nicely. I haven't heard her mention her attack in ages and she hasn't changed any of her habits. She still lives in the same house, too.

Return to “Current Politics”